Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: How The North American Continent Would Be if it was Colonized by Spaniards?

Banned
    Last Online
    05-22-2020 @ 07:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    One Drop Rule Activated!
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H7a
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid
    Politics
    Save Us All From Whitey
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,458
    Given: 7,646

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by luc2112 View Post
    your cowboys and confederates would be Spanish Gauchos

no, they would be charros, they are a lot older than your damn guachos, ugly as culture of your people
    charros were already found throughout New Spain and the culture came from Central Spain

cowboys originated from Andalusian/Extremaduran immigrants in Northern Mexico
    Mexicans then developed the cowboy culture to what we know it now

no damn guachos in America!!

look how elegant and sophisticated they look

this is some ghetto ratchet bullshit, damn hillbilly type clothing, homeless looking as mofos
    cant compare!!!

Banned
    Last Online
    03-02-2020 @ 02:29 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Reptile
    Ethnicity
    Corona Virus
    Ancestry
    Reptilian Galaxy
    Country
    South-Korea
    Region
    Warmia-Masuria
    Y-DNA
    I1
    Taxonomy
    Reptilian
    Politics
    Anti--Humans
    Hero
    Mortimer
    Religion
    Interstellar paganism
    Relationship Status
    Widowed
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,306
    Given: 1,198

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenma de Pegasus View Post
    Uruguay and Argentina seems to have a pretty different type of iberian colonization, they probably never had such high inequality and social tensions like other countries.
    Almost everything you wrote is wrong, but this quoted part is the most wrong. Argentina and Uruguay only became whiter in the second half of the 19th century. As I said previously, Buenos Aires population was around 30% Black in early 19th century and most of Argentinian countryside was majority balanced Mestizo. Uruguay was mostly Criollo, mestizo and had a good number of black slaves.

The thing is that these regions were marginal/unimportant during the colonization, so when European immigrants arrived they impacted more the local population because it was smaller than in, let's say, Brazil.

Argentina and Uruguay had basically similar patterns of colonization than the rest of Hispanic America. The real different nations in LA are Brazil and Cuba, which were mostly occupied by White settlers and African slaves.

Last Online
    Today @ 07:49 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mostly Euro Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Venezuelan Spanish
    Ancestry
    Mostly Spanish, some Italian, some Amerindian (6-7%), some minor SSA (4-5%)
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    J-M267
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Either Alpinized North Atlantid or Brunn
    Politics
    Right Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,496
    Given: 36,938

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheForeigner View Post
    I think it would not be majority mestizo, for the reason that the North American Indians north of the the Rio Grande were mostly hunther gatherer nomads and fierce warriors, not to mention far less numerous. Remember that the Araucanians of Chile were only conquered during the 19th century by the Chileans, for being similar to North American Indians and Patagonia and Tierra del fuego was only colonized by Chileans and Argentines during the same century. So North America would still be majority white at any rate. I am sure it would not be a super power like the US or equally as developed economically or as free and democratic, but maybe it would be better in other ways. It would also likely be divided in many independent states, do to the Latin American tendency of political fragmentation. I do wonder though what the Southeast would be like and if the five civilized Indian tribes would still exist and how much mixing would there be with them and with the blacks. I think the Southeast would be like Cuba overall. The positive side is that there would probably be no political correctness or affirmative action and all the moronic negrophilia of contemporary USA. What do you think Alnortedelsur about how Spanish speaking North America would be like?
    As I said in previous posts, I think it would be more like Argentina in the eastern parts (up to Mississippi river, or even further west, up to the eastern outskirts of the Rocky mountains), and mostly mestizo/Euro-mestizo with a large white/near white minority, like Chile and Paraguay, in the western parts.

It is true that North American Amerindians were mostly hunter gatherer nomads and fierce warriors, but they didn't have a dense population like the great civilizations of Meso-America and the Central Andes. Even though there would has been some mixture with Spaniards, they would have been largely decimated by diseases brought by the later.

It is easy to figure out a scenario where during the colonial period, the North American lands would have been mostly mestizo/Euro-mestizo with a Spanish descent creole elite. Eventually, an independence war against Spain would had break up, but few years/decades after the independence, a huge Spanish (and probably Italian) immigration would had flooded the new North American country(es). If Spaniards immigrated in mass to temperate latitude countries like Argentina and Uruguay, located further away in the southern hemisphere, there is no reason to think that it wouldn't have happened the same in an hypothetical temperate latitude Spanish colonized North America, located much closer to Spain than Argentina and Uruguay.

Like it happened in Argentina, eugenics would have been implemented as a state policy by the creole elites of the new independent countries, very likely aiming for bringing many German immigrants, but due to cultural and linguistic reasons, most immigrants would have come from Spain (and probably Italy, and probably even Portugal to some extent) just like it happened in Argentina. Only a small bunch of Germans and Irish would have immigrated, but much less compared to Spaniards (or Spaniards and Italians) and Germans would just have ended up founding some few German towns here and there, in some rural areas, mostly in the eastern coasts.

Very likely, the eastern coast (the area occupied by current New Scotland and New Brunswick, and the current coastal US states from Maine to Georgia) would be more heavily European: mostly Spanish/Italian with some few German towns here and there, and some few Irish descent people here and there. Not sure if there would be many Portuguese descent people too. But as you move westwards (towards the Midwest), the Euro contribution would get more exclusively Spanish, and there would be many whites (mostly of Spanish origin) but some more mestizo/Euro mestizo presence as well. There would still be some few German towns here and there, but less so than in the eastern coasts.

As it happened in the southern cone, the elites and the new immigrants would very likely had launched extermination campaigns against Amerindians, but Amerindians from the eastern half of the North American continent (towards the Atlantic coast) would have been more affected by it than Amerindians from the rocky mountains, the southwest and the western coasts. Eventually, many of the European immigrants coming from the east would have made their way to the western parts of North America as well, but they would not had settled it as massively as in the eastern parts. That's why I think that the western parts of North America would have ended up being more like Chile and Paraguay, and the eastern parts (probably up to Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Oklahoma and eastern Texas) would be more like Argentina (but more densely European towards the Atlantic, and with some more mestizo/harnizo/castizo presence, and more exclusively Spanish Euro contribution, as you move westwards).

I agree that it wouldn't have been as free and democratic as current United States, and very likely would have experimented periods of civil wars and military dictatorships (but probably alternating with some democratic periods) up to recent times, but it would have been better in other ways.

I have it not very clear that there would have been a great political fragmentation, due to a much more less population density compared to tropical Latin American lands. There very likely would have been two or three (or up to four at most) large countries. I don't know, something like a big northern version of Argentina in the eastern half of North America extending from Florida and the Gulf coast up to the Arctic, and from the Atlantic coasts up to the eastern outskirts of the Rocky mountains, and another Chile-like country in all, or most of the second half of the North American continent. Probably the southwestern quadrant of current US would have remained as part of Mexico, and north of it (from Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, Oregon and northwards) it would be occupied by an hypothetical "Chile-like" northern country.

Regarding the South East, I think that only Florida, the Atlantic coasts of current Georgia, South and North Carolina, and the Gulf coasts of current US states of Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas, would have been something like either Cuba or Puerto Rico (significant black/mulatto presence, but also lots of Spanish blood and many full/near whites of mostly Spanish descent people). Northwestern current state of Georgia, and the central and northern parts of Alabama and Mississippi would have had much less blacks compared to now, and it would have been more plain white/Euro-mestizo. Same goes for the western parts of current North and South Carolinas.

The Arctic (most of current Canada North of the San Lorenzo Valley and the very south of Canada) and Alaska would very likely remained mostly native/Eskimo, with some minor European settlements here and there, but it would be very scarcely populated, and with very little weight over the main racial composition of North America. And the eastern Argentinian-like country and the western Chilean-like country would have disputes over the possession of the northern islands of current's northern Canada.

The San Lorenzo Valley would be probably mostly Spanish, or mostly Iberian/Italian, with some mestizos and Euro mestizos as well.
    Last edited by alnortedelsur; 08-20-2019 at 04:28 AM.
    My Updated 23andme Results (2021)
    My Updated AncestryDNA Results (2022)
    My Global25 Coordinates (2020)
    An Epic Thread about me opened by Profield
    Quote Originally Posted by Profileid View Post
    Just in case anyone was wondering
    Quote Originally Posted by aherne
    You don't pass in Europe. Amerindian admixture is evident (castizo or harnizo)...

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 03:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    America Southern Cone
    Ancestry
    portuguese, italian, german
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Parana
    Politics
    One that works
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,779
    Given: 208

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlito's Way View Post
    no, they would be charros, they are a lot older than your damn guachos, ugly as culture of your people
    charros were already found throughout New Spain and the culture came from Central Spain

The historical similarities between Gauchos Argentinean and U.S American cowboy

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    One Drop Rule Activated!
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H7a
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid
    Politics
    Save Us All From Whitey
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by luc2112 View Post
    The historical similarities between Gauchos Argentinean and U.S American cowboy

there is none dummy, NONE!

US American cowboys came from NORTHERN MEXICO
    they are nothing like gauchos

gauchos are similar to charros

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    One Drop Rule Activated!
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H7a
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid
    Politics
    Save Us All From Whitey
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by alnortedelsur View Post
    As I said in previous posts, I think it would be more like Argentina in the eastern parts (up to Mississippi river, or even further west, up to the eastern outskirts of the Rocky mountains), and mostly mestizo/Euro-mestizo with a large white/near white minority, like Chile and Paraguay, in the western parts.

It is true that North American Amerindians were mostly hunter gatherer nomads and fierce warriors, but they didn't have a dense population like the great civilizations of Meso-America and the Central Andes. Even though there would has been some mixture with Spaniards, they would have been largely decimated by diseases brought by the later.

It is easy to figure out a scenario where during the colonial period, the North American lands would have been mostly mestizo/Euro-mestizo. Eventually, an independence war against Spain would had break up, but few years/decades after the independence, a huge Spanish (and probably Italian) immigration would had flooded the new North American country(es). If Spaniards immigrated in mass to temperate latitude countries like Argentina and Uruguay, located further away in the southern hemisphere, there is no reason to think that it wouldn't have happened the same in an hypothetical temperate latitude Spanish colonized North America, located much closer to Spain than Argentina and Uruguay.

Like it happened in Argentina, eugenics would have been implemented as a state policy by the creole elites, very likely aiming for bringing many German immigrants, but due to cultural and linguistic reasons, most immigrants would have come from Spain (and probably Italy, and probably even Portugal to some extent) just like it happened in Argentina. Only a small bunch of Germans and Irish would have immigrated, but much less compared to Spaniards (or Spaniards and Italians) and Germans would just have ended up founding some few German towns here and there, in some rural areas, mostly in the eastern coasts.

Very likely, the eastern coast (the area occupied by current New Scotland and New Brunswick, and the current coastal US states from Main to Georgia) would be more heavily European: mostly Spanish/Italian with some few German towns here and there, and some few Irish descent people here and there. Not sure if there would be many Portuguese descent people too. But as you move westwards (towards the Midwest), the Euro contribution would get more exclusively Spanish, and there would be many whites (mostly of Spanish origin) but some more mestizo/Euro mestizo presence as well. There would still be some few German towns here and there, but less so than in the eastern coasts.

As it happened in the southern cone, the elites and the new immigrants would very likely had launched extermination campaigns against Amerindians, but Amerindians from the eastern half of the North American continent (towards the Atlantic coast) would have been more affected by it than Amerindians from the rocky mountains, the southwest and the western coasts. Eventually, however, many of the European immigrants coming from the east would have made their way to the western parts of North America as well. but not as massively as in the eastern parts. That's why I think that the western parts of North America would have ended up being more like Chile and Paraguay, and the eastern parts (probably up to Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Oklahoma and Texas) would be more like Argentina (but more densely European towards the Atlantic, and with some more mestizo/harnizo/castizo presence, and more exclusively Spanish Euro contribution, as you move westwards).

I agree that it wouldn't have been as free and democratic as current United States, and very likely would have experimented periods of civil wars and military dictatorships (but probably alternating with some democratic periods) up to recent times, but it would have been better in other ways.

I have it not very clear that there would have been a great political fragmentation, due to a much more less population density compared to tropical Latin American lands. There very likely would have been two or three (or up to four) large countries. I don't know, something like a big northern version of Argentina in the eastern half of North America extending from Florida and the Gulf coast up to the Arctic, and another Chile-like country in all, or most of the second half of the North American continent. Probably the southwestern quadrant of current US would have remained as part of Mexico, and north of it (from Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, Oregon and northwards) it would be occupied by an hypothetical "Chile-like" country.

Regarding the South East, I think that only Florida, the Atlantic coasts of current Georgia, South and North Carolina, and the Gulf coasts of current US states of Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas, would have been something like either Cuba or Puerto Rico (significant black/mulatto presence, but also lots of Spanish blood and many full/near whites of mostly Spanish descent people). Northwestern current state of Georgia, and the central and northern parts of Alabama and Mississippi would have had much less blacks compared to now, and it would have been more plain white/Euro-mestizo.

The Arctic (most of current Canada North of the San Lorenzo Valley and the very south of Canada) and Alaska would very likely remained mostly native/Eskimo, with some minor European settlements here and there, but it would be very scarcely populated, and with very little weight over the main racial composition of North America. And the eastern Argentinian-like country and the western Chilean-like country would have disputes over the possession of the northern islands of current's northern Canada.

The San Lorenzo Valley would be probably mostly Spanish, or mostly Iberian/Italian, with some mestizos and Euro mestizos as well.
    bro just stop, you are dumb when it comes to these things
    USA would have been more like between Mexico and Brazil, a majority pardo and mestizo population lol

nothing like Argentina, you have to be a complete idiot no offense but you seriously lack history
    please read about the colonization of the Southwest USA, also check out the census of the so called "spanish" population in those years
    look up the large population of blacks and amerindians, and also mix race population

all three groups outnumbered Spaniards

Spain would send in MEXICANS to repopulate the Southwest, it never ordered or shipped a large number of Spaniards
    that never happened, they didn't need to when they already had a large population in New Spain that was density populated

i have no idea where you get this whole America would be closer to Argentina lol
    and no, it wouldnt have been like the Southern Cone, it would have been a lot closer to current Mexico than to those nations
    plain and simple

you are simply basing your estastistics based on current American demographics rather than actual historical records
    which is why you have the south as more black/mulatto and shit

again, America would have been heavily mixed, with a majority mestizo and pardo population and with a significant minority of blacks and amerindians
    with a low white population, they sure as hell wouldn't have covered a whole half of the nation, no way
    Spaniards never promoted mass migration of Spanish FAMILIES, never ever did that happen
    it promoted SINGLE MEN to immigrate to these new colonies which is why Latin America was colonized and settled by majority MEN from IBERIA
    not by FAMILIES

they didn't have the same damn mindset as the British who promoted racial segregation and prohibited mix racing, apart from promoting the mass migration of EUROPEAN FAMILIES

you live in some crazy as fantasy, man

Banned
    Last Online
    10-01-2022 @ 12:19 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance - Native Brazilian - Celtic - North African - Mediterranean - African
    Ethnicity
    Coruscantian
    Country
    Brazil
    Hero
    Dom Pedro II
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,702
    Given: 85

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Adamastor View Post
    Almost everything you wrote is wrong, but this quoted part is the most wrong. Argentina and Uruguay only became whiter in the second half of the 19th century. As I said previously, Buenos Aires population was around 30% Black in early 19th century and most of Argentinian countryside was majority balanced Mestizo. Uruguay was mostly Criollo, mestizo and had a good number of black slaves.

The thing is that these regions were marginal/unimportant during the colonization, so when European immigrants arrived they impacted more the local population because it was smaller than in, let's say, Brazil.

Argentina and Uruguay had basically similar patterns of colonization than the rest of Hispanic America. The real different nations in LA are Brazil and Cuba, which were mostly occupied by White settlers and African slaves.
    Argentina never had plantations, just this is a huge difference from tropical areas where slavery was developed. Iberians brought chaos, inequality and violence to those tropical areas. Nothing more need to say.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    ✨👽✨
    Ancestry
    Preußisches Sachsen, Hessen, Bayern, Gloucestershire, Somerset, Yorkshire, Kent, Catalonia, Menorca
    Country
    Malta
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,844
    Given: 786

0 Not allowed!

What a strange thing to be so passionate about
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlito's Way View Post

look how elegant and sophisticated they look

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Reptile
    Ethnicity
    Corona Virus
    Ancestry
    Reptilian Galaxy
    Country
    South-Korea
    Region
    Warmia-Masuria
    Y-DNA
    I1
    Taxonomy
    Reptilian
    Politics
    Anti--Humans
    Hero
    Mortimer
    Religion
    Interstellar paganism
    Relationship Status
    Widowed
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Argentina never had plantations, just this is a huge difference from tropical areas where slavery was developed. Iberians brought chaos, inequality and violence to those tropical areas. Nothing more need to say.
    Actually plantation system was only common in the Caribbean, Southern USA and early populated parts of what is now Brazil. Most of tropical Latin America had systems similar to the ones in Argentina and Uruguay.

Most users answering this thread lack proper historical knowledge, as is usual in TA. Actually most just use these discussions to push weird personal agendas.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Reptile
    Ethnicity
    Corona Virus
    Ancestry
    Reptilian Galaxy
    Country
    South-Korea
    Region
    Warmia-Masuria
    Y-DNA
    I1
    Taxonomy
    Reptilian
    Politics
    Anti--Humans
    Hero
    Mortimer
    Religion
    Interstellar paganism
    Relationship Status
    Widowed
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Actually plantation system was only common in the Caribbean, Southern USA and early populated parts of what is now Brazil. Most of tropical Latin America had systems similar to the ones in Argentina and Uruguay.

Most users answering this thread lack proper historical knowledge, as is usual in TA. Actually most just use these discussions to push weird personal agendas.

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information