Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: How The North American Continent Would Be if it was Colonized by Spaniards?

Last Online
    Today @ 07:33 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mostly Euro Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Venezuelan Spanish
    Ancestry
    Mostly Spanish, some Italian, some Amerindian (6-7%), some minor SSA (4-5%)
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    J-M267
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Either Alpinized North Atlantid or Brunn
    Politics
    Right Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,496
    Given: 36,938

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheForeigner View Post
    I think it would not be majority mestizo, for the reason that the North American Indians north of the the Rio Grande were mostly hunther gatherer nomads and fierce warriors, not to mention far less numerous. Remember that the Araucanians of Chile were only conquered during the 19th century by the Chileans, for being similar to North American Indians and Patagonia and Tierra del fuego was only colonized by Chileans and Argentines during the same century. So North America would still be majority white at any rate. I am sure it would not be a super power like the US or equally as developed economically or as free and democratic, but maybe it would be better in other ways. It would also likely be divided in many independent states, do to the Latin American tendency of political fragmentation. I do wonder though what the Southeast would be like and if the five civilized Indian tribes would still exist and how much mixing would there be with them and with the blacks. I think the Southeast would be like Cuba overall. The positive side is that there would probably be no political correctness or affirmative action and all the moronic negrophilia of contemporary USA. What do you think Alnortedelsur about how Spanish speaking North America would be like?
    Good post. I will gladly develop an answer to your post, but its going to be tomorrow, since it is late in here, and I need to go to sleep soon. I would like to develop an elaborated answer to this post of yours.
    My Updated 23andme Results (2021)
    My Updated AncestryDNA Results (2022)
    My Global25 Coordinates (2020)
    An Epic Thread about me opened by Profield
    Quote Originally Posted by Profileid View Post
    Just in case anyone was wondering
    Quote Originally Posted by aherne
    You don't pass in Europe. Amerindian admixture is evident (castizo or harnizo)...

Banned
    Last Online
    11-16-2023 @ 05:04 AM
    In a remote province of the Planet of the Apes...
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,708
    Given: 8,357

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by luc2112 View Post
    24 million Iberians is hypothetical

U.S received 24 million considerable euro-NW (U.K, Germany are cradles of the industrial revolution). Spain and Portugal fell as world powers with industrial revolution in Euro-NW countries.
    24 million must be the whole number of European immigrants that came to the US, but with less industrial growth, you probably see far less immigration and it would not be all Iberiian. Italians would be one of the big groups just like in the Souther Cone region and I think Germans and others would come in fairly large numbers too.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Venezuelan Spanish
    Ancestry
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    J-M267
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Right Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

24 million must be the whole number of European immigrants that came to the US, but with less industrial growth, you probably see far less immigration and it would not be all Iberiian. Italians would be one of the big groups just like in the Souther Cone region and I think Germans and others would come in fairly large numbers too.
    Another possible scenario is that it would be like another Argentina, but with many Irish immigrants as well (ie mostly Euro descent, but also with many harnizos and castizos, and the European descent people being mostly of Spanish, Italian and Irish descent, plus some few German towns here and there).

All of them Speaking Spanish, of course.
    You don't pass in Europe. Amerindian admixture is evident (castizo or harnizo)...

Banned
    Last Online
    11-16-2023 @ 05:04 AM
    In a remote province of the Planet of the Apes...
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,708
    Given: 8,357

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by alnortedelsur View Post
    Another possible scenario is that it would be like another Argentina, but with many Irish immigrants as well (ie mostly Euro descent, but also with many harnizos and castizos, and the European descent people being mostly of Spanish, Italian and Irish descent, plus some few German towns here and there).
    Why do you think there would be a significant mestizo population like in Argentina and Uruguay?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Venezuelan Spanish
    Ancestry
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    J-M267
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Right Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Why do you think there would be a significant mestizo population like in Argentina and Uruguay?
    Because I think that overall, the process of mixing, but also receiving tons of European immigrants, in part, due to the temperate climates, would have been very similar to the southern cone. I will elaborate more on it on my response to your other post, tomorrow.

I think it would not be as white as Canada, but it would not be a typical mestizo country either, but more something like the southern cone.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,552
    Given: 29,000

1 Not allowed!

Why would there be more Irish? Irish would be more likely to go to other British controlled areas like others from the UK at that time. A lot of Irish would go to Australia, New Zealand that had Irish populations anyway. Irish didn't go in large numbers to South America for example.

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 03:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    America Southern Cone
    Ancestry
    portuguese, italian, german
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Parana
    Politics
    One that works
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,779
    Given: 208

3 Not allowed!

The problem that shipping to europe from Argentina costs double or triple the price compared to the U.S.

US raised funds initially with its agricultural production for Europe.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Venezuelan Spanish
    Ancestry
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    J-M267
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Right Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    Why would there be more Irish? Irish would be more likely to go to other British controlled areas like others from the UK at that time. A lot of Irish would go to Australia, New Zealand that had Irish populations anyway. Irish didn't go in large numbers to South America for example.
    Because Irish massively immigrated due to famine, and even though they would have largely immigrated to British colonies like Australia and New Zealand; North America, due to its proximity to Europe would still have been another option. My logic tells me that only because of that reason, they would still have received more Irish immigrants than the southern cone (which is further away). And even Argentina received some Irish immigrants, anyways.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,552
    Given: 29,000

1 Not allowed!

Because Irish massively immigrated due to famine, and even though they would have largely immigrated to British colonies like Australia and New Zealand; North America, due to its proximity to Europe would still have been another option. My logic tells me that only because of that reason, they would still have received more Irish immigrants than the southern cone (which is further away). And even Argentina received some Irish immigrants, anyways.
    Ireland was controlled by Britain so it is very unlikely that Irish would go en masse to a non-English speaking country. Also I doubt that Britain would be encouraging a large expat Irish community in a non-British area that was Catholic. They would all be going to Britain, Australia and New Zealand. Those were the countries that Irish immigrated to other than the US. They didn't go to non-British territories in large numbers. You didn't see Irish go in any great numbers to South America for example so I really can't see how a Spanish controlled US would be any different in that regard. The bulk of Irish would go to the Antipodes if there was no US. Irish immigration to Argentina was quite small with a low number of 7,160 and an upper limit of 45,000 to 50,000.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Argentine

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Venezuelan Spanish
    Ancestry
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    J-M267
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Right Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    Ireland was controlled by Britain so it is very unlikely that Irish would go en masse to a non-English speaking country. Also I doubt that Britain would be encouraging a large expat Irish community in a non-British area that was Catholic. They would all be going to Britain, Australia and New Zealand. Those were the countries that Irish immigrated to other than the US. They didn't go to non-British territories in large numbers. You didn't see Irish go in any great numbers to South America for example so I really can't see how a Spanish controlled US would be any different in that regard. The bulk of Irish would go to the Antipodes if there was no US. Irish immigration to Argentina was quite small with a low number of 7,160 and an upper limit of 45,000 to 50,000.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Argentine
    Its okay, I was just speculating about a possible scenario. If you're right, then more likely the Euro descent people in North America would have been only mostly Spanish, or Spanish and Italian like in Argentina. There would have been some Irish immigration as well, but they would be like drops in an ocean of Spanish immigrants (or Spanish and Italian immigrants) like I said on a previous post. Hypothetical Spanish North America would still have received some more Irish immigrants than Argentina though.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information