Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thracian, why do you call yourself Thracian?

Last Online
    03-02-2024 @ 11:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo neogrecous
    Ethnicity
    Yes
    Country
    Japan
    Region
    Acadia
    mtDNA
    H
    Politics
    oh look. the curve is flattening.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,431
    Given: 241

2 Not allowed!

Default Thracian, why do you call yourself Thracian?

What does Thracian has got to do with Turks? Istanbul since antiquity was not Thracian. Byzantium was founded by Greek Byzas on a previous abandonded site by Thracians. Read the whole story of how it was founded. The site was deserted and abandonded and this is where Byzas founded the city from scratch. It had been Greek ever since.

That part of Thrace was considered Greek since antiquity, which is why Thracians are listed among the Greek tribes. Thracians inhabited a wide region, but Greek Ionian tribes have been inhabited Greek Thrace and Istanbul since antiquity.

So to call yourself Thracian is anachronism and false, since every inhabitant there, and ever since the time of Jason, spoke Greek and considered themselves to be Greek.

It was part of the empire of Alexander, part of the Hellenic Union, ie. Greece. It then came under the control of the Byzantine Greek Empire.

Turks have nothing to do with Thracians. The Hellenes, Thracians and Illyrians of 1400 BC had a similar make up. They were all descended from the Iberian R1b linage that had colonised the Balkans and their intermixing with the E and J2 ydna linages already there, created the Greek, Thracian, Illyrian languages and caused a split from the Anatolian languages.

The Archaeological and historical evidence suggests that the Doric-Arcado-Cypriot-Ionians were the original Pelasgains in about 2200 BC. These Pelasgains were descended from the same common ancestors as the Thracians, Cretans and Rhodians in about 2700 BC who together shared the same ancestor with the Illyrians in about 3200 BC and even further back come the Lydian's and Carians.

Attic-Ionic Greek was probably influenced by Thracian inorder to force a split between that and Arcado-Cypriot. Arcado-Cypriot was influenced by Cretan which would have been the language of the original inhabitants of the Peloponnese before 1500 BC. This has to be the case since Cypriot dialect is very close to Cretan dialcet.

The Pelasgains (Arcado-Cypriots) were descended from the same common ancestors as the Thracians, Cretans and Rhodians in about 2700 BC. This date is probable for the linguistic split betweenAttic-Ionic and Arcado-Cypriot (Mycenaean) thus Arcado-Cypriot is really a Hybrid of Cretan and the language spoken by the people who invaded the Pelopanese in 1500 BC and similarly Attic-Ionic is a Hybrid of Thracian and the langue of the invaders who remained in Attica.

If the Hybrid Arcado-Cypriot/Cretan dialect was established in 2700 BC then Doric must predate it and must derive from a Hybrid of the language of the people who invaded the Peloponnese in 1500 BC and the language of the Enchelenes who were there in 3200 BC. This follows the account given in Genesis where Iapheth (Iapetus) fathers Elisa I (the Enchelenes) and Ion (the Ionians) who fathers another Elisa II(the Hellenes), and Tharcis (the Thracians) and Kittim (the Cretans).

Doric must therefore split from the common Iapetian language in the same generation as Ion and Elisa I. Illyrian is also a Hybrid of the language of the Hellenes and the indigenous Italo-Celtic language since the Enhelenes colonised Illyria in 1400 BC

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo neogrecous
    Ethnicity
    Yes
    Country
    Japan
    Region
    Acadia
    mtDNA
    H
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

4th century emperor of Byzantium boast because:

“Esmen gar tes Hellados oi peri ten Thraken kai ten Ionian oikountes eggonoi, kai ostis emon me liana gnomon, pothei proeipein tous pateras kai ten choran auten aspasasthai.”

“We the inhabitants of Thrace and Ionia are sons of Greece, and whoever from us isn’t ungrateful, desire to salute their fathers and kiss her ground(Greece’s)”.

Last Online
    Today @ 05:00 AM
    Ethnicity
    Dağlı (Mountaineer)
    Country
    Turkey
    Y-DNA
    R1a-CTS3402
    mtDNA
    R0a1a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,326
    Given: 3,921

7 Not allowed!

Thanks for the question and the information.

Well, actually my user name was related to modern Thrace. Except one, all of my ancestors are from Bulgarian Thrace and then they moved to Eastern Thrace (Turkish Thrace).

Istanbul or Constantinople was founded by Thracians and name of the city was Lygos. I haven't read any serious paper that listed Thracians as one of the Greek tribes. Thracian language was different than Greek dialects for sure. If you have any article I can gladly read them. Thracians Hellenized by Greeks very later and most of them mixed with Slavs.

I also agree with most of your statement.

To answer your very first question, I already posted my DNA test results many times. Every calculators and commercial companies agree with that I am predominantly Balkan with some Slavic and Turkic/Iranic ancestry. You can also see my dominantly related areas on my profil picture. That map is created by Lukasz using Eurogenes K36.

Last Online
    03-16-2024 @ 12:28 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic + Native Anatolian & some Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Turkish(50% Central Anatolian + 25% Chepni + 18.75% Meskhetian) + distant Kurdish(6.25%)
    Ancestry
    Central Asia(Oghuz w some Kipchak) & Anatolia(mostly Hittite) with distant Zagrosia
    Country
    Turkey
    Y-DNA
    Oghuz Khagan
    mtDNA
    Empress Ashina
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Pontid + Turanid
    Politics
    Kemalism, Patriotism & anti-Oppaism
    Hero
    1. Mustafa Kemal Atatürk 2. Empress Ashina 3. Alper Gezeravcı 4. Verona Petrova
    Religion
    Islam
    Relationship Status
    Married to a haplo O in the parallel universe
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,796
    Given: 2,465

1 Not allowed!

Can it be because of he's a Thracian?
    Ask Sora: https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...-Sora-anything

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Maul
    Good observation Sheikh

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo neogrecous
    Ethnicity
    Yes
    Country
    Japan
    Region
    Acadia
    mtDNA
    H
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Aside the fact that Lygos is of Greek etymology which makes sense since most of Thracian kings were of Mycenean origin,
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lygkos

you should go a step further and claim that Istanbul was founded by the Neatherdal, after all he was the first to inhabit the region.

I did mention in my previous post that the Greek colonists from Megara found a deserted and abandonded site, and founded the city of Byzantium, after which the Eastern Roman Empire was named. That’s what the historical accounts attest.

The Roman Emperor Constantine who had a Greek mother and was born within Greek culture, and was at the Helm of a GRECO-Roman Empire, named the city after him. ConstantinoPOLIS, not ConstantinoGRAD.

The Greeks called it ”the City” The Polis which is what Istanbul means..

I haven't read any serious paper that listed Thracians as one of the Greek tribes. Thracian language was different than Greek dialects for sure.
    I didn’t say that. I said the Greek tribes of Thrace were called Thracians. Those were of Ionian origin, but even Minoans had settled in Thrace and the whole western coast of Asia Minor before them. In fact Minoan script Linear A as well as Minoan artifacts have been unearthed all over the place.

There were a mixture of tribes and half of them were Greek, spoke Greek and intermarried with the other Greeks. Procne the daughter of Pandion king of Athens was married to Greek Tereus who was the king of Thrace and Orpheus who was a Greek Thracian and composed the Orphic Hymns in 1200 Bc obviously spoke Greek. Eumolpus who was a descendent of Erechteus also became a king of Thrace in about 1300 BC.

Thracians Hellenized by Greeks very later and most of them mixed with Slavs.
    Not in the Greek Thracian provinces. In Bulgaria and Romania maybe. In Istanbul and the Greek province of Thrace the people considered themselves Greek, not only from Byzantine or Roman or even Classical times, but from Mycenean times.

Thracians like Spartacus were of Greek origin. Spartacus means ”of Sparta”.

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    03-06-2020 @ 08:45 PM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,449
    Given: 2,385

0 Not allowed!

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo neogrecous
    Ethnicity
    Yes
    Country
    Japan
    Region
    Acadia
    mtDNA
    H
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ComplicatedMystery View Post
    Can it be because of he's a Thracian?
    Thrace was the eponymous heroine and sorceress of Thrace. She was the daughter of Oceanus and Parthenope, and sister of Europa. The Pelasgians were Oceanids, and Europa was a Phoenician princess of Greek origin, descended from Io.

The root of Ekwesh/Achaeans also comes from Oceanus. Oceanus c.1700 BC after whom Oceanus was named, was the leader of the Achaeans when they migrated into southern Greece. The civilisation that founded Mycenae was the Inarchid civilisation which more broadly can be referred to as the Oceanid and includes the Pelasgians. All the kings of Mycenean kings were Oceanids. Even the Trojans were Inarchid Oceanids. The Cretans were Cronids, the Hellenes Iapetids. At the same time as the Inarchids were ruling the Peloponnese the Iapetids including the Hellenes were ruling northern Greece since 1600 BC and half of Crete since 1380 BC.

Inarchus was the son of Oceanus. Inarchus great grandson Argos founded Argos on the banks of the Inarchus named after Inarchus. According to Hygenius, Xanthus was the son of Triopas, Scamander (also called Xanthus) which makes the Trojans Inarchid Oceanids and thus the would have originally called themselves Achaeans or Sea Peopels. This is also why the Achaeans claimed their land.

According to the genealogy given in the bible the Hellenes, Thracians, Cretans and Rhodians were all brothers.

Last Online
    03-25-2024 @ 03:28 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Bulgar
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Ancestry
    Byzantine + Scythian (5.528) Seleucid + Scythian (5.695) Seleucid + Gaul (7.389) Byzantine + Gaul
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Y-DNA
    E-FTD7860 / maternal grandparents I-p37, J-M172
    mtDNA
    J1c-C16261T
    Taxonomy
    Beautiful
    Religion
    Orthodoxy Christianity
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,896
    Given: 1,003

0 Not allowed!

"Beware of the Danes, even when carrying gifts"
    Virgil - Aeneid
    Where the Greeks come from and who they are
    The real Greeks are the Danes who come from Africa, mix with the local population in the Balkans and assimilate some of the pre-Greek "tribes" - such as Achaeans, Ionians and others.
    The Greeks (Danes) are part of the Jewish Dan tribe expelled from Egypt.
    In the beginning, Greeks were a separate nation with their own characteristics
    Examples are:
    - The vivid division of "Hellenes" and "barbarians" - it is not typical of the local pre-Greek nationalities, but is a hallmark of the Greeks. - Testimonies of ancient Greek authors - for example:
    Herodotus - I-58: The Greek tribe was one thing from the beginning and always spoke the same language. The Greeks are turning from an insignificant tribe into an influential people because they have assimilated many other people. Before the Greeks reunited with the Pelasgians, the Pelasgians were "barbarians."
    The early Greeks
    The first information is from Homer. He does not call the Greeks "Hellenes" - he calls them Danes. When he describes the Greek camp he talks about Danes, Achaeans and Argos.
    WHO ARE NOT GREEK

The Achaeans are not Greeks
    They are a pre-Greek people. In Greek legends, the history of tribes and peoples is transmitted by the personification of legendary heroes with symbolic tribal names:
    Ahei and Pelasg are brothers - Helanic.
    Dionysius Halikarnaski: The Pelasgians divided Thessaly into three parts by the names of their chiefs - Achaia of Achaea, Pelasgiotida of Pelasg ...
    Thus, according to the ancient Greek authors, the Achaeans are Pelasgians of origin. And for the Pelasgians there is hardly a need to give examples of not being Greek, but still:
    The hero (s) named Pelasg:
    Hesiod - Pelasg is a native of Arcadia. According to the Arcadians, he is "the first person to live in these lands, become king, invented the tunic", etc. ...
    Herodotus - VIII-44 - Earlier the Pelasgians possessed what was later called Hellas.

The Ionians are not Greeks
    Herodotus I-56 - The Ionian are Pelasgians of origin.

Greeks differ from the pre-Greek nationalities of the Balkans in origin and language:
    Herodotus - I-57 - The Pelagian language is by no means Greek. He is "barbaric". The Athenians are native Pelasgians who changed their language when assimilated by the Greeks.

With the tribal name Pelasg is also called the hero who welcomes the Danes:
    "Pelasgus meets the seashore of Argos Danai and the Danaids, who are fleeing Egypt and giving them refuge."

Strabo also exemplifies that the Greeks (Danes) assimilate a pre-Greek population:

Dana ... according to Euripides, "over Hellas imposed a law on all Pelasgs called Danes" - Strabon, Geography - Vol. 8 - 6, verse 9

Strabo, Geography - book. 7 - 7, Verse 1 - Danae brings his people from Egypt
    According to all Greek mythology, Danae comes from Africa. To dispute this is ... difficult. Also, the Danai character symbolizes the Danes tribe.
    And Dana's mythological lineage is related to Africa.

- His mother Anhinoya is called "Nile's daughter"
    “His brother's name is Egypt
    'Their father Bell settled Danay in Libya and Egypt in Arabia.
    - Danay's father - Bell is the mythical king of Egypt. (Note 60)
    - Bell's father Epaphus is also a mythical king of Egypt, and his mother Memphis is named after the Egyptian city of Memphis.
    An Egyptian source confirms the arrival of the Danes from Egypt

The Egyptian historian Maneton from the 3-4th century BC provides information. Among the Egyptian rulers, he placed Danay - the same Danay, who later with his men moored in the Peloponnese and this is the beginning of the Greeks in the Balkans.

Maneton - History of Egypt - fragments

Manoton, quoted by the Jewish historian Josephus Flavius ​​in the treatise "Against Apion":
    Fr. 50. Joseph, Against Apion, I, 15, 16, 93 - 105
    "... Sethus was called Egypt, and his brother Harmais was Danay."

Fr. 54. Joseph, Against Apion, I, 26 - 31, § 227 - 287
    "... Setos was renamed to Egypt and Hermes to Danay ..."

Manoton, quoted by Eusebius:
    Fr. 53 (a). Sincell, pp. 116, 129, 133, 135. According to Eusebius.
    12. "Armais, also called Danay, 5 years after leaving Egypt and fleeing from his brother Egypt arrives in Hellas, conquers Argos and rules over the Argos."

Other antique authors also talk about the resettlement of Danes from Africa to the Balkans, led by a tribal named Danay

Were the Greeks Israelites?

Hecateus of Abdera, a Greek historian of the 4th century BC. "tells us that the Egyptians were disturbed by the disasters (for reference: the 10 plagues in the Exodus of the Old Testament), and to calm the anger of their gods, they drove out all non-Egyptians (Jews) from their native lands. Part of them, led from Danay and Cadmus, who migrated to Greece, others were stationed throughout Syria and the whole of the eastern Mediterranean, including present-day Israel. 1883, Vol. 2, p. 385.

Even the famous Greek poet Homer calls the Greeks "Danes" ( the name by which they are called).

Dr. Robert Leitham, a respected 19th century ethnographer writes:
    "I do not think that the ancient name of the Argos Danes (ie the Greeks) is anything different from the name of the Israeli tribe Dan. We are so accustomed to associating Jews with Palestine that we forget to mark our Jewish presence elsewhere in the world. The case with the Danes and the Dan tribe is exactly like that. " Ethnology of Europe, 1852, p. 137
    Other historians link the two tribes. For reference:
    - Cyrus Gordon, Common Background of Greek and Hebrew Civilizations, 1966;
    - Allen Jones, Bronze Age Civilization: The Philistines and the Danites, 1975;
    "Danaans and Danites: Were the Hebrews Greek ?," Biblical Archeology Review, June 1976;
    - "Against the Tide: An Interview with Maverick Scholar Cyrus Gordon," Biblical Archeology Review, Nov.-Dec. 2000, pp. 52-63

The connection is known in ancient times.
    In the first century, Jewish historian Josephus conveyed the contents of a letter sent to Jews from the Holy Land a few centuries earlier by the Lacedaemonians (Spartans):
    "From Areai, king of the Lacedaemonians,
    To Onias (the Jewish high priest)
    Greetings,
    we have found that some historical writings prove that the Lacedaemonians and Jews are descended from the same tribe and are descendants of Abraham. Therefore, since you are our brothers, we would like to let you know if you have any difficulties. And we will do so, because your problems are ours and ours are yours too. A demo who gives you this letter will get us your answer. The letter is stamped: an eagle holding a dragon (snake) in its nails. "(Book 12, chap. 4, sec. 10)
    This is the symbol of the Dan tribe ("Flag," The Jewish Encyclopedia, p. 405) and is derived from the prophecy of Jacob: "Dan will be a serpent along the way" (Exodus 49:17). The eagle also symbolizes the Dan's knee (Numbers 2).
    LETTERS BETWEEN THE SPARTANTS AND THE JEWS

Both letters indicate blood relatives and common ancestry between them.
    The letter of the Spartans:
    Josephus - Jewish Antiquities - Book 12, Chapter 4, Verse 10
    Text in English: Josephus: Jewish Antiquities, Book 12, Sections 225-228 - http://www.attalus.org/old/aj_12b.html

The full text of the Hebrew answer is in Joseph Flavius:
    "Jewish Antiquities," Book 13, Chapter 5, Paragraph 8
    Josephus: Jewish Antiquities, Book 13, Sections 163-170 -
    http://www.attalus.org/old/aj_13b.html#163
    Middle Eastern researcher Martin Bernal, a British professor at Cornell University, USA, writes about the Semitic origins of Greeks in his book Black Athens - Afro-Asiatic Roots of Classical Civilization.
    Bernal's thesis is that the "Egyptians" founded the ancient Hellenic civilization, but the "Egyptians" who spoke a Semitic language.
    18th-19th-century European romantics seek a classic civilization to lean on, but one that is more European, in their likeness and likeness. The only one known was Greek, but it went down a lot to the south, so they invented a new origin for the Greeks. From there comes a massive re-writing of all European history and a deliberate underestimation of Etruscan, Pelagian and Thracian cultures. In the mid-19th century, the idea emerged that Greece was so unique that it could be considered the birthplace of European civilization. The Thracians are not Greeks, they are not Hellenes either.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo neogrecous
    Ethnicity
    Yes
    Country
    Japan
    Region
    Acadia
    mtDNA
    H
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Learn some history from the original historical texts instead of peddling the retarded propaganda your government feeds you.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-02-2020 @ 02:29 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Reptile
    Ethnicity
    Corona Virus
    Ancestry
    Reptilian Galaxy
    Country
    South-Korea
    Region
    Warmia-Masuria
    Y-DNA
    I1
    Taxonomy
    Reptilian
    Politics
    Anti--Humans
    Hero
    Mortimer
    Religion
    Interstellar paganism
    Relationship Status
    Widowed
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,306
    Given: 1,198

1 Not allowed!

Could be because he is a Thracian? I think that's a redundant question.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information