Religion
    Ironically Calvinist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,039
    Given: 996

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    A rain-forest burning????
    the rain index is lower during this time of the year in all south america. I really do not get why media is worried about it now... hmmm, actually I do. it has to do with european farmers worried with mercosur competition

Banned
    Last Online
    01-07-2022 @ 06:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    German English
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    anti corruption
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,540
    Given: 9,189

0 Not allowed!

Oh no Soylent Green is people the world is going to end.

Last Online
    Today @ 07:11 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italian-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Hero
    I don't need any hero..but Jesus
    Religion
    Christian-Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,668
    Given: 1,754

0 Not allowed!

Greta or lgbt propaganda........

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 03:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    America Southern Cone
    Ancestry
    portuguese, italian, german
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Parana
    Politics
    One that works
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,779
    Given: 208

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Greta or lgbt propaganda........
    It's more complicated, there is unexplored mining in the region with some countries interested.

Don't you find it strange that other countries are worried about those natives? There are 600.000 natives with their reserves that added up should be the size of France. there is a federal organ for the natives and no native present is innutrition.

Their reserves are extensive, some illegal invade their lands. The federal police take care of it, but sometimes they can't.

Last Online
    12-18-2021 @ 04:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ashkenazi, Newfoundlander
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    J-M267
    mtDNA
    H1a4
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 54

0 Not allowed!

It's heartbreaking.

Last Online
    10-20-2023 @ 11:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Ancestry
    colonial origin
    Country
    Brazil
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 6

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Adamastor View Post
    Not true, slaves and tribal Amerindians were not considered citizens and you can check any actual source. Even today Amerindians are not exactly ''Brazilian citizens'', they have a special status. Brazilian is a recent identity and the first ones to develop it were whites of Portuguese ancestry.

The thing is that free-slaves were considered citizens and could vote if they could pass the threshold of having enough possessions. Blacks were never ''Brazilian'' until late 19th century. Also, there's a pervasive wrong idea circulating in Brazil that it was not meant to people live, it is wrong and I can show you sources from the 16th century even of Portuguese planning to populate Brazil.
    Any source for your claims? I never heard anything about black people not being citizens here. US: "Dred Scott v. Sandford, 60 U.S. (19 How.) 393 (1857), was a landmark decision of the U.S. Supreme Court in which the Court held that the Constitution of the United States was not meant to include American citizenship for black people, regardless of whether they were enslaved or free, and therefore the rights and privileges it confers upon American citizens could not apply to them" Now show me about Brazil? That law is even on wikipedia, There were not any constituition law similiar to that here. The fact u are saying slaves and could vote in the same post actually proves how much u know about history. Lol. People in general started voting here in 1891. Having portuguese people planing to live here does not mean this country was built for it. This country was a colony of exploration same for all Latin America they wanted to created mixed people to poluite it as first place. I rate your fic as 4/10

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    America Southern Cone
    Ancestry
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Parana
    Politics
    One that works
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by luizceltic View Post
    This country was a colony of exploration same for all Latin America they wanted to created mixed people to poluite it as first place.
    Mixed worked for the Portuguese (exploitation).

Senior Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    @
    Ancestry
    @
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 873
    Given: 394

6 Not allowed!

I live in São Paulo countryside (where there's little to no air pollution) and I was heading back from gym and couldn't help to notice how cloudy the (afternoon) sky was, not a single patch of blue could be seen, and there's no rain at this time of the year, in fact, the weather forecast predicted intense sunshine for the whole week. I didn't understand what was happening until I saw the news about the amazon ashes in the sky, so of course it was quite scary to realize that.

Because it is a rainforest, even at this time of the year, it's very difficult for a forest fire to start and to keep burning for a long time. Yes, the fire was set by human hands and this is already a consensus here in Brazil, but that's not why I raised this fact of being a rainforest, but for you to realize how much this fire was constantly put and how abnormal it is for a forest like that to keep burning for more than two weeks. Deforestation and forest fire rates are reaching an absurd peak that hasn't happened since 2005 (federal and state policies that were adopted to curb deforestation since then, data below):

https://www.globalfiredata.org/forecast.html
    http://terrabrasilis.dpi.inpe.br/app.../amazon/daily/

However, I need to say that this didn't surprise anyone (only the very uninformed), Bolsonaro isn't doing anything we didn't know before that he would, I mean, he's really doing what he promised to do. There's a strong ruralist lobby in our country (that always existed tbh), which is precisely who Bolsonaro wants to benefit through his actions. He loosened environmental laws and weakened these institutions, as well as fines on environmental crimes. He fired the president of INPE (which is the institute that regulates and release data on deforestation), named a Ruralist as the MINISTER OF THE ENVIRONMENT (LOL), messed with the demarcation of indigenous lands (which are the areas with the highest forest preservation, google it and see by yourself), he also cut half the budget of an institution that protects the forest from these fires (I don't remember its name, but a quick search would give you that information), anyway and as if that wasn't enough, he's now facilitating for landowners to carry guns.

The sad thing is, there are people who blindly support him that is basically giving up on common sense (that we should protect the environment/nature) so they can keep holding true to their choice or simply by ego, like:

Anyone: Hey, look what Bolsonaro is doing with amaz-
    Bolsominions: BUT IN THE PREVIOUS GOVERNMENT ...

You come up with stupid ideas about whether white or black people are benefiting from this environmental disaster, LOL, it basically benefit the rich (even though most of them are white), I don't know why you put race on everything. There is an economic elite in Brazil that owns rural properties of unimaginable extension, these burned areas will become pasture for cattle, or transgenic soy to feed cattle, whatever, and unfortunately Brazil is a sad country that depends on commodity exports as its main economic activity, instead of investing in scientific and technology research and perhaps one day we'll have a decent technology industry, until then, we're at the mercy of these dinosaurs that run the country to this day and only think about their profits.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    America Southern Cone
    Ancestry
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Parana
    Politics
    One that works
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ethel View Post
    There is an economic elite in Brazil that owns rural properties of unimaginable extension, these burned areas will become pasture for cattle, or transgenic soy to feed cattle, whatever, and unfortunately Brazil is a sad country that depends on commodity exports as its main economic activity, instead of investing in scientific and technology research and perhaps one day we'll have a decent technology industry, until then, we're at the mercy of these dinosaurs that run the country to this day and only think about their profits.
    Brazil has the 10th largest industrial park in the world. Agricultural producer it is 3rd in the world (behind China and US). Brazil use 10% of our territory for agriculture.
    Population 208 million. Birth rate is down by 1.5 (2 to maintain the same population).

Senior Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    @
    Ancestry
    @
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 873
    Given: 394

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by luc2112 View Post
    Brazil has the 10th largest industrial park in the world. Agricultural producer it is 3rd in the world (behind China and US). Brazil use 10% of our territory for agriculture.
    Population 208 million. Birth rate is down by 1.5 (2 to maintain the same population).
    Okay, but agriculture isn't the same as livestock, which is the main reason why the Amazon is being deforested. Agriculture is mainly produced by small and medium landowners. Except for the production of transgenic soybean (which becomes cattle feed), it doesn't pose a major threat to forests, however, this isn't to say that it doesn't harm the ecosystem, it does, especially by monoculture and pesticide use (which by the way several have been released by the government this year, which are banned in other places such as europe).

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information