Have 100,000 women been poisoned by their breast implants? Worrying evidence of a new scandal is emerging - as one woman reveals she was so desperate to be rid of them she removed them in a DIY operation

Biba Tanya, 38, from Lancashire, was 28 when she had breast implants. It was a decision she came to bitterly regret, alongside others. Tonia Rossington, from Lincolnshire, simply removed her own.

IT WAS AS IF MY BREAST MILK WAS MAKING ME SICK

Five years after Biba’s operation to transform her silhouette, her health began to falter. ‘I was losing my hair, I felt feverish and constantly exhausted,’ she recalls. ‘I was tested for everything, but told I was fine. I was prescribed painkillers, but I didn’t want to live on pills so I just put up with it and carried on.’

When Biba became pregnant with her youngest child, Lola, in 2017, her symptoms accelerated. ‘I felt wretched and was hospitalised with severe vomiting.’

When the baby arrived, things didn’t improve. Biba continues: ‘I was still nauseous, and Lola found it hard to feed. It was as if my milk made her sick. My husband, Kevin, made an offhand comment about how my breasts seemed to be making Lola as sick as she’d made me during pregnancy.

IT WAS AS IF MY BREAST MILK WAS MAKING ME SICK

Five years after Biba’s operation to transform her silhouette, her health began to falter. ‘I was losing my hair, I felt feverish and constantly exhausted,’ she recalls. ‘I was tested for everything, but told I was fine. I was prescribed painkillers, but I didn’t want to live on pills so I just put up with it and carried on.’

When Biba became pregnant with her youngest child, Lola, in 2017, her symptoms accelerated. ‘I felt wretched and was hospitalised with severe vomiting.’

When the baby arrived, things didn’t improve. Biba continues: ‘I was still nauseous, and Lola found it hard to feed. It was as if my milk made her sick. My husband, Kevin, made an offhand comment about how my breasts seemed to be making Lola as sick as she’d made me during pregnancy.

In a business driven by profit, the risk to patients is an afterthought, says EVE SIMMONS..
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...-emerging.html