mtDNA
    I1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35,722
    Given: 17,037

1 Not allowed!

Default Catholic Devotional Scapulars - The Scapular of St Dominic

Source: https://www.revolvy.com/page/Scapular-of-Saint-Dominic

Pope Pius X again in 1903 granted an indulgence to wearers of the Scapular of Saint Dominic. The Scapular is of white wool, and while no image is necessary yet the scapular given in the house of the Dominican General in Rome bears a picture of Saint Dominic kneeling before the crucifix, on one side, and of Blessed Reginald receiving the habit from Our Blessed Lady, on the other.

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Default Catholic Devotional Scapulars - The Scapular of the Sacred Heart of Jesus

Source: https://www.rosarycafe.com/scapular-...-of-jesus.html

The scapular of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus originated from a version created by Blessed Margaret Mary Alacoque, who made and distributed the scapulars herself. The scapular of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus was widely used during the plague at Marseilles as a form of protection, and also during the horrors of the French Revolution as a safeguard for the faithful. This first version of the scapular however, was called a scapular but did not carry any of the conditions of a scapular. It was not until 1900 that the official scapular of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus came to be and was designed from two segments of white woolen cloth connected by two strings. The first segment displayed the image of the Sacred Heart, while the other of the Blessed Virgin under the title, Mother of Mercy. The scapular of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus should be blessed by a priest in order for the wearer to become fully invested.

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Default Catholic Devotional Scapulars - Our Lady of Ransom Scapular

Source: https://wikivisually.com/wiki/Scapul...Lady_of_Ransom

The Scapular of Our Lady of Mercy is a Roman Catholic devotional scapular that traces its roots to the Order of the Blessed Virgin Mary of Mercy also known as Our Lady of Ransom (Latin: Ordo Beatae Mariae de Mercede redemptionis captivorum) which was founded by St. Peter Nolasco in the city of Barcelona, at that time in the Kingdom of Aragon, for the redemption of Christian captives

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Default Catholic Devotional Scapulars - Scapular of the Holy Face

Source: https://www.revolvy.com/page/Scapular-of-the-Holy-Face

This Scapular of the Holy Face is a Roman Catholic devotional scapular originating in 1885. It is based on the devotion to the Holy Face of Jesus.

This scapular is also known as The Veronica based on the association of the Holy Face of Jesus with Saint Veronica. The scapular bears an image of the Holy Face of Jesus and is worn by the members of the Archconfraternity of the Holy Face.

Pope Leo XIII approved of the scapular in 1885 and elevated the Priests of the Holy Face to an archconfraternity. The wearing of this scapular is simply a pious practice, without any special indulgences.

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Default Catholic Devotional Scapulars - Our Lady of Good Counsel Scapular

Source: http://www.mmgcp.org/index.php/mmgc/white-scapular

The small Scapular of Our Lady of Good Counsel (the White Scapular) was presented by the Hermits of St. Augustine to Pope Leo XIII, who, in December 1893, approved it and endowed it with indulgences. Leo XIII also added the invocation “Mater Boni Consilii” in the Litany of Loreto.

This scapular is made in the usual way of two pieces of white wool joined together by double cords or bands. One part has an image of the Blessed Virgin made of silk or similar material, with the lettering: “Mother of Good Counsel,” as venerated at the shrine of Genazzano. The other part has the papal coat-of-arms, namely, the tiara with the keys, and the lettering: “Child, follow her counsel” (Pope Leo XIII).

It is suggested that those wearing the White Scapular daily pray three Hail Mary's with the invocation, "Mother of Good Counsel, pray for us."

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Default Catholic Devotional Scapulars - The Purple Scapular of Benediction & Protection

(August 23, 1878):

“Here is what the Holy Virgin made me see on her Immaculate Heart, it is a large scapular, larger than ordinary scapulars, it is a little larger than the palm of a hand. It is a beautiful purple, almost the colour of violet. Here is what is on it: in the middle, there are the three nails that crucified Our Saviour on the Cross, some are crossed on the others, not exactly in the form of a cross and the point of each nail, there is a drop of red blood. Above the three nails, there is a type of large sponge that has raised ears, like those of balled oats. The three drops of blood will go to join together and fall into a small chalice painted in red, and the chalice is surrounded with a crown of thorns, and there are three little crosses engraved on the front of the chalice. This is the side of the scapular that is on the mantle of the Holy Virgin. I notice that this scapular hangs by two violet straps that pass over each shoulder, and there are three knots on the left shoulder, and two on the right. The other side of the scapular represents the Holy Virgin Mary sitting, holding her Adorable Son in her arms, the mouth and the Head of Our Lord rests on the heart of the Holy Virgin. At the lower end of the scapular, at the feet of Our Lord, is an Angel dressed in white, with curly hair, he has a white crown on his head, his belt is red. He has in his hands a white linen with which he wipes the feet of Our Lord. On the side of the Angel, to the right of the scapular, there is engraved a ladder. Behind Our Lord, to the left, the reed of the Passion painted in red, but without a sponge. The tears of the Holy Virgin fall on her breast, to the right, and they stop at the feet of the Angel. The scapular is edged with a red line and the straps are woollen. (Note: the symbols of the passion are worn on the chest, the image of Our Lord and Our Lady are worn on the back.)

“Let me now, my dear child,” said the Holy Virgin, “explain to you the meaning of this scapular. I tell you, my victim and my servant. My servants of the Cross, that for a long time my Son and I have had the desire to make known this scapular of benediction. This scapular, my children, it is supposed to be made on my heart, because my heart is the emblem of simplicity and humility, and hence, the colour violet. The nails that have pierced the feet and the hands of my Son have been little venerated and are venerable, hence my Son, in His Divine Wisdom, has made that these three nails be painted on the front of the scapular. These three drops of blood and the chalice represent the generous hearts gathering the Blood of my Divine Son. The red sponge will represent my Divine Son drinking, in a manner, the sins of His children but His Adorable Mouth refuses. I desire that the (black?) end of the scapular, be of violet, (the dark background?), but I desire that the nails, the chalice, the sponge and the crown be on a piece of dark red flannel. This first apparition of this scapular will be a new protection for the times of the chastisements, of the calamities and the famines. All those who are clothed (with it) shall pass under the storms, the tempests and the darkness, they will have light as if it were plain day. Here is the power of this unknown scapular.”

The Holy Virgin presents the scapular to Our Lord who says in His turn: “I address you, My victim, and also My victims and My servant, My children of the Cross, I see and I come to give you an idea and profound thought: during My descent from the Cross they handed Me to My mother, this descent, this thought, this devotion is little known. I would like by this reproduction on this scapular, that it pass into the hearts of the children of the Cross, and that they salute Me by these three salutations:

“I salute You, Jesus, crucified to grant me life,
    I salute You with all the joy of the Angels and
    the Saints on Your descent from the Cross.
    I salute you with the sadness of Your Mother
    when you reposed on her Immaculate Heart
    and on her Immaculate lap.”

“My children, very few souls think of wiping the Adorable Wounds of My Feet when the Blood ran and I would like this representation to be known. They also think so little of the tears shed by My Mother during My Passion; these tears are found at the feet of the Angel that wipes My Sacred Feet. By this scapular, I would like you to think on the ladder, the reed and the nails of My Passion.

Other Great Promises:

My children, all souls, all people who possess this scapular, will see their family protected, their home will also be protected, first of all from fires, which will never enter there. This scapular will strike down the ungrateful which blaspheme My Name in the home where it will be displayed. If an impious person enters (that home), they will be so completely struck that their conversion will be close. All those who will carry it will be preserved from thunder, from sudden death and from accidents. During chastisements they will be protected. Whoever will deposit it in the Holy Temple, (I.e. in a church), will move it away from impious persons and profanation. (i.e., that church will be protected from these spiritual disasters.) Our Lord still adds that by reminding an obstinate soul about this scapular at the hours of their demise (i.e., death), they will awaken the Faith in it and a firm belief, that all those who will have it and think upon it and love it, will be spared the troubles of soul, that those who will carry it will be sheltered from any danger as though they already possessed Heaven. That this scapular, finally, will be as a lightning rod under which the blows of Just and Divine Wrath will not dwell.”

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 07:36 AM
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    W6a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,923
    Given: 18,997

2 Not allowed!

>Licheń
    >Częstochowa
    >Święty Krzyż
    >Gniezno
    >Wadowice

These are some destinations you would love to visit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information