Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I would like to hear your opinion on a personal matter.

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,623
    Given: 21,626

2 Not allowed!

Default I would like to hear your opinion on a personal matter.

I've faced and argued with many bosses, and this it's starting to take its toll on me.

They are letting people who were well below me on the ladder get benefits ahead of me.

I have the "moral support" of the majority of my colleagues, but in this context I know in advance that no one is going to expose their interests to defend me.

About "bosses" they have no problem with me being part of the team, but they first want to subject me to their rules; they see me as potentially problematic for their interests because I am contesting decisions that I believe are unfair.

They have made it quite clear to me that I do not have enough strength to face them, so they have gone from insinuating to me "that's not going well" and are beginning to tell me straight "if you continue like this you are going to have to look for another place, you are so replaceable like anyone."

So I am faced with the usual dilemma... Do I remain faithful to my principles and risk fighting or do I protect my interests by submitting to their rules, even if I consider them unfair?

What would you do?

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I just can't make it with so many opinions.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    3:28
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,920
    Given: 1,564

1 Not allowed!

Play along if you want your peace and quiet and detach your personal emotional and intellectual state from your job and work life. Complete detachment.

Or go free-lance and join the rest of us in our battle against the monsters of the deep every waking moment of our lives.

It's a simple choice, imo.

La Vecchia Guardia Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romantic
    Ethnicity
    Italicus nobilis
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Corsica
    Y-DNA
    J2 or whatever
    mtDNA
    H something
    Taxonomy
    Apenninid
    Hero
    Alan Lomax
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,744
    Given: 3,832

0 Not allowed!

This was me at my last job. My boss and I were constantly at odds and really disliked one another, and it reached a point where I basically dared him to sack me (which he did at the first opportunity due to "budget cuts"). Was unemployed for months, but I've been at my current job for three years now with a boss that - while we don't always see eye to eye - respects me and my opinions.

So if I were you, I'd lay low for a bit while looking for opportunities elsewhere. Then, should the situation become untenable, you've already have something else lined up.

Aging Tom Cat Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iberian, Celtic, Germanic
    Ethnicity
    caucasian
    Ancestry
    Northern England, SE Ireland, Northern Ireland, Castilla Spain
    Country
    England
    Y-DNA
    R-DF27 (R1b1a2a1a2a) R-Y3267
    mtDNA
    H6A1B
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,005
    Given: 10,579

2 Not allowed!

play along whilst you look for a new job

once you have a new job secured, cause as much trouble as possible before you finally leave

during your last day at the current place of work, follow the offending boss to the toilet and if nobody else is there ,chin the prick

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Oghuz Turkic and Medes Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Azeri Turk
    Ancestry
    Qizilbash Turkic
    Country
    European Union
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,430
    Given: 2,719

1 Not allowed!

Do not make noise until there is an alternative place available to you. When its there, you can go all out on your bosses because it would not matter anymore if they do not agree.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 01:16 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 210
    Given: 221

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gixajo View Post
    I've faced and argued with many bosses, and this it's starting to take its toll on me.

They are letting people who were well below me on the ladder get benefits ahead of me.

I have the "moral support" of the majority of my colleagues, but in this context I know in advance that no one is going to expose their interests to defend me.

About "bosses" they have no problem with me being part of the team, but they first want to subject me to their rules; they see me as potentially problematic for their interests because I am contesting decisions that I believe are unfair.

They have made it quite clear to me that I do not have enough strength to face them, so they have gone from insinuating to me "that's not going well" and are beginning to tell me straight "if you continue like this you are going to have to look for another place, you are so replaceable like anyone."

So I am faced with the usual dilemma... Do I remain faithful to my principles and risk fighting or do I protect my interests by submitting to their rules, even if I consider them unfair?

What would you do?
    This is a moment when you definitively should start looking for new job (look for better one, don't look just to change), but until you have new contract in hand keep your current job in a way that you only complete minimal requirements that you need to do for the position you hold. Don't talk to your colleagues, avoid team buildings and similar crappy events unless absolutely necessary, don't reveal your plans to your work colleagues even if they are close friends.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 01:16 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 210
    Given: 221

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mopi Licinius Crassus View Post
    play along whilst you look for a new job

once you have a new job secured, cause as much trouble as possible before you finally leave

during your last day at the current place of work, follow the offending boss to the toilet and if nobody else is there ,chin the prick
    Definitively don't do that

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,269
    Given: 13,631

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gixajo View Post

What would you do?
    What are some examples, situations etc?

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

So you are saying that in a situation like this, what we have to do is play the fool by ignoring your principles and the blind man by not reacting to injustices to emerge as unscathed as possible ?

Wouldn't the decent thing be to confront what is unfair with honesty and sincerity even if this brings us harm?

They taught me that above discipline and above my interests is honor.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information