Page 15 of 57 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Szekely people are genetically close to romanians or hungarians?

Last Online
    03-03-2023 @ 06:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Székely
    Country
    Hungary
    Y-DNA
    R1a-Z280
    mtDNA
    N1b1a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,437
    Given: 1,237

2 Not allowed!

I know you didn't asked me, but in my opinion anybody can feel close to turkic peoples. You don't necessarily have to be part turkic or have asian blood.
    It's personal preference. We have plenty of common words and similar background. Is it not enough?
    I'm so tired of this ugric bullshit over and over again. Nobody denies the origin of the language but the turkic side shoudn't be swept under the rug either. Those who consider themselfs turanists are not always a crazy turk maniac.
    I personally consider myself turkic for my own entertainment. I'm not saying I am 100% turkic. Im just more interested in them, than finno ugrics. I never cared for them. I'm sure they also have beautiful cultures, but it's not my cup of tea. I was always more interested in steppe things. I'm practicing archery too, cuz why the fuck not.
    Lastly I like them because they are really friendly and often supports us. Some think we shoudn't consider them our brothers because of the ottoman times. Like I give a fuck about what happened 500 years ago. Ridiculous.
    Sorry if it seems like I'm taking my anger out on you(not my intention). It's just that I'm pretty fed up being labeled as a crazy person by some geniuses(not you) just because I like and support a certain group of people.
    Last edited by Kökény; 12-13-2019 at 08:04 AM.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    W6a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,922
    Given: 18,998

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    I'm not trying to troll or anything but you are completely European, potentially only around 1% East Eurasian. That's virtually nothing. I score around 5.6% on K12b for example (5 times higher). You personally are just about as Turkic as Gagauz people but unlike Hungarians they actually do speak Oghuz. I mean seriously you live in Central Europe, you speak Ugric, you are culturally Roman Catholic (you may not practice or believe in Christ but that doesn't matter, many Jews don't practice Judaism either for instance). Do you really think you share a lot with Turkey, Uzbekistan, Uyghurs or any other Central Asian nation?
    But look what Itilvolga wrote:

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...76#post4641476

Quote Originally Posted by itilvolga View Post
    Turan is all about soul, not much about DNA. I have never seen any +90% slavic with Panslavism desire yet but i saw 0% Turkic with crazily Turan desire. Some cheap bloods can't boiling for their own ideas but feeling about Turan can reach to red apple ("kızıl elma", a Turkic idea of conquering Turan lands). Congrats testverem, hajra Turan!

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-08-2024 @ 05:34 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Country
    Hungary
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,351
    Given: 4,487

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kökény View Post
    I know you didn't asked me, but in my opinion anybody can feel close to turkic peoples. You don't necessarily have to be part turkic or have asian blood.
    It's personal preference. We have plenty of common words and similar background. Is it not enough?
    I'm so tired of this ugric bullshit over and over again. Nobody denies the origin of the language but the turkic side shoudn't be swept under the rug either. Those who consider themselfs turanist not always a crazy turk maniac.
    I personally consider myself turkic for my own entertainment. I'm not saying I am 100% turkic. Im just more interested in them, than finno ugrics. I never cared for them. I'm sure they also have beautiful cultures, but it's not my cup of tea. I was always more interested in steppe things. I'm practicing archery too, cuz why the fuck not.
    Lastly I like them because they really really friendly and often supports us. Some think we shoudn't consider them our brothers because of the ottoman times. Like I gave a fuck what happened 500 years ago. Ridiculous.
    Sorry if it seems like I'm taking my anger out on you(not my intention). It's just that I'm pretty fed up being labeled as a crazy person by some geniuses(not you) just because I like and support a certain group of people.
    It doesn't even matter to them because they won't hold other ethnicities to the same standards. The Hazaras are a defacto Turkic people who have lost their Turkic language, but nobody questions their Turkicness despite that they also live in Afghanistan and that several are Muslims and not Tengrists. The Chuvash language gets special recognition in the Turkic speaking world as being a "challenging to classify" Turkic language that was greatly impacted by Ugric, but somehow Hungarians don't get the privilege by western linguists? Everyone is admitting now that the conquering Magyars were Turkics, but claim that they are not "really Hungarians" in the elites but a Turkic speaking "other" despite the Khazar and Byzantine chronicles saying the Magyars elected leaders "from their own" and not the Khazars. The Hungarian holy crown will forever read "King of the Turks".

For people who are a certain % Asian (Central, Eastern, northern, Amerindian) or whatever combination in their DNA, like you and me have in ours, other people who dislike the facts will just find whatever calculator marginalizes it the most and mock you for it as though you claimed that you based your Turkicness off of such a "insignificant thing", and say that you can't be Turkic if you are in Europe (even though this means they are just perpetuating the stereotype that Turkics are and have always been 100% Sinic looking, which has never been true).

It's not a problem because it's an easy matter to debate. Just keep your facts about you and don't let people tell you what you are who have nothing invested in your identity, but everything to gain at the loss of it. Sort of like the lovely people in the EU offices who want to see us all just become "European". Bir Tengri... lol

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Country
    Hungary
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Peterski View Post
    It doesn't matter to some people that itilvolga has that sentiment, or that others recognize Hungarians as Turkic by blood and culture because it is not in their interests to indulge Hungary in this way.

That is alright. We have a history of not simply being indulgenced, but rather sharpened by iron. Hungarians will manage to carve a path with our Turkic family into the future, even in Europe. Best of both worlds and bridge of east and west. Turkic Hungary is only getting stronger.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Country
    Hungary
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

International study showing Hungarians closest population to the conquering Hungarians, who overlap Bashkirs, and video showing Tree of Life ceremony (hand-carved by Hungarians) presented to Kazakhstan tribe (who also say we are brothers). There is a Kazakh tree in return in Hungary, linking the two nations in spirit if not by borders.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    W6a
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Leto is 0% Germanic genetically but very Pan-Germanic.

So he is a hypocrite when criticizing Pan-Turanids.

Not even a member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:10 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Brunei
    Region
    Russian Turkestan General Governorship
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP270
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,584
    Given: 8,906

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Turul Karom View Post
    Lol, wow where did all of that come from?

When did I ever say that I was a high East Eurasian percentage? Why does this calculator mean so much to you in particular? Do you not hold others in high regard at all?

Also the language things again? Pretty hilarious. So if I fluently speak Japanese then am I Japanese too? What if I was born there? What if I told you I know Turkish Gagauz dialect too, does that make me Turkic? Only when talking about Hungarians will people twist their spines to snapping before admitting their ancestral roots.

And no, I don't think you're trolling. I just think you've been misled about my beliefs and didn't take the time to ask them. Don't pull the same thing Blondie does and put words in my mouth that I say Hungarians are all some "east Asian Mongoloid" group or that I see myself as not "European" in the historical sense (despite Europe frequently not seeing us as the same).
    I don't value only that particular calculator but I'm sure you are not much Mongoloid on others either. Learning languages means nothing, I know English and German but they are not my ancestral languages. At no point in history the country of Hungary spoke Turkic. One can learn Mongolian and put up a yurt in the middle of the street but that won't make him Mongolian.
    The Gagauz are obviously local Eastern Balkan people who would have switched to Turkish at some point for some reason.
    Dude, you are free to associate with whoever you want but to me personally brown, underdeveloped Muslim countries are not really the kind of culture I would look up to. Germany, Czechia and Austria should be much closer to you in terms of culture and lifestyle in my opinion. I'm also sure you look a lot more like them than some fucking Uzbeks.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    W6a
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

^^^
    I am only 1.52% Turkic on Turkic K11 - Turul Karom, ethnic Hungarian, is 4.32% Turkic, so 3-times more than me:

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...ocal-Scythians

Not even a member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:10 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Brunei
    Region
    Russian Turkestan General Governorship
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP270
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,584
    Given: 8,906

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Peterski View Post
    Leto is 0% Germanic genetically but very Pan-Germanic.

So he is a hypocrite when criticizing Pan-Turanids.
    I am pro European in general meaning I wish all European states would survive, not only Germany. But it's one of the greatest nations in the world in many regards. I don't care about your personal issues with Germany and I don't view the world of 2020 through the lens of WW2. I won't be discussing politics and ideology here, my views are my business.
    To me personally Polish genetics are the best (homogenous, huge Slavic admixture, barely any Asian, some Western influence but also very high in R1a and the people generally look similar to me phenotypically), I admit I love your DNA results, bro, even though you are not always a nice individual.
    Culturally and spiritually I mostly identify with the Eastern Orthodox world.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Country
    Hungary
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    I don't value only that particular calculator but I'm sure you are not much Mongoloid on others either. Learning languages means nothing, I know English and German but they are not my ancestral languages. At no point in history the country of Hungary spoke Turkic. One can learn Mongolian and put up a yurt in the middle of the street but that won't make him Mongolian.
    The Gagauz are obviously local Eastern Balkan people who would have switched to Turkish at some point for some reason.
    Dude, you are free to associate with whoever you want but to me personally brown, underdeveloped Muslim countries are not really the kind of culture I would look up to. Germany, Czechia and Austria should be much closer to you in terms of culture and lifestyle in my opinion. I'm also sure you look a lot more like them than some fucking Uzbeks.
    Loooooooooooool, When did I ever say I looked like an Uzbek? Come on, how about having some integrity if you're going to misrepresent me so bad. How about about you answer the questions I asked because none of them were redundant or ironic.

Page 15 of 57 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread Information