Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,920
    Given: 7,442

0 Not allowed!

Looks much more legit compared to previous studies where the IQs for many countries were extrapolated (e.g. Mongolia's high IQ was based on Chinese Mongols who grow up in a radically different environment - not surprising Mongolia's IQ dropped by over 10 points when it was actually examined). This list isn't nearly as Mongoloid-dominated compared to previous ones. The top 6 are Mongoloid countries (all culturally very similar countries & part of the Sinosphere) and number 15 is Mongoloid, but the overwhelming Mongoloid and heavily-Mongoloid influenced nations seem to have mediocre IQ scores. Also, most ex-USSR countries regardless of race seem to be somewhat close to each other. Shows that the education system plays the main role here. The wealth of the country, culture, and most importantly education system plays a very significant role here as is shown by Uzbekistan having the same IQ as Iraq and Brazil being ahead of Indonesia for example. I still question some of these and how much extrapolation was involved until I see the methodology used for this. Richard Lynn also notes that many countries scores aren't really valid if they're below 60, so this makes me question if some of the "valid ones" are at least impartially invalid, but are posted because they pass the threshold of 60. And if some of these are invalid, then that means a single methodology isn't very applicable to such a wide variety of countries and shouldn't be taken at face value.
    Last edited by Mingle; 09-03-2019 at 07:22 PM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    12-21-2022 @ 06:12 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,032
    Given: 1,214

0 Not allowed!

I also would have expected the gulf states to be higher given their gdp per capitas

Last Online
    02-24-2024 @ 11:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Ancestry
    81.25% Serbian, 12.5% Croatian, 6.25% Romanian
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    G-Y225016
    mtDNA
    H12a*
    Taxonomy
    Pontid + Alpine/Gorid
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,862
    Given: 8,987

3 Not allowed!

Admittedly, I didn't look that deep into this, hence I don't know what kind of methodology he used, but considering the pseudo-scientific manner of some of his conclusions it makes you doubt the whole thing. Here's what he concluded in Race Differences in Intelligence: An Evolutionary Analysis from 2015:

Banned
    Last Online
    11-07-2022 @ 08:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Vlach, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,983
    Given: 2,435

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lemgrant View Post
    these people won't get their PhDs anytime soon

Banned
    Last Online
    11-07-2022 @ 08:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Vlach, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,983
    Given: 2,435

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CommonSense View Post
    Admittedly, I didn't look that deep into this, hence I don't know what kind of methodology he used, but considering the pseudo-scientific manner of some of his conclusions it makes you doubt the whole thing. Here's what he concluded in Race Differences in Intelligence: An Evolutionary Analysis from 2015:

genetic explanations for the IQ differences are bullshit. a good education policy and a society able to absorb highly qualified individuals erases IQ differences in a couple of generations .

Last Online
    03-29-2024 @ 10:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    L1a1
    mtDNA
    J1
    Taxonomy
    Indo-Brachid + Gracile Indid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,455
    Given: 11,125

0 Not allowed!

Srilanka is at 87 and Nepal is 60? I'm wondering why there's so much variation. Srilanka is the richest country by GDP/capita in south asia that could be partially it but the variation and scores are still dubious. Trinidad and Tobago and Mauritius are countries with majority low caste north indian groups from UP/Bihar and they're at 86-87. I'm surprised Vietnam is only 90 while Cambodia is 100. Vietnamese are closer to chinese in culture, education, etc than Cambodians.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dna8 View Post
    If God is an artist, the female form is his masterpiece.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CommonSense View Post

Obviously a wrong conclusion by him. No recent near eastern genetics in Albanians, Macedonians and Bosnians who have lowest scores in Balkans. It's clearly something else.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-11-2020 @ 03:40 AM
    Ethnicity
    Basarab Laiota
    Country
    Moldova
    Y-DNA
    I2 (Carpathian)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,208
    Given: 1,745

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Feiichy View Post
    Obviously a wrong conclusion by him. No recent near eastern genetics in Albanians, Macedonians and Bosnians who have lowest scores in Balkans. It's clearly something else.
    Did you just say no Near Eastern genetics in Albanians, Macedonians, Bosnians lol

2/3 are Muslim my nigga are you still high off crystal meth?

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cumansky View Post
    Did you just say no Near Eastern genetics in Albanians, Macedonians, Bosnians lol

2/3 are Muslim my nigga are you still high off crystal meth?
    Stupid, Bosnians are genetically almost identical to Croats but have significantly lower IQ score.
    Romanians are not muslims and they also have very bad score, worse than Bosnians.

Balkan muslims have no foreign admixture for the most part.
    Greece is only SE European country with significant near eastern admixed population (Anatolian Greeks, some Islanders, Cypriots) and they still score higher than fully European Albania and Macedonia in comparison.
    They also have quite bad results, though.

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun-American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,920
    Given: 7,442

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Thambi View Post
    Srilanka is at 87 and Nepal is 60? I'm wondering why there's so much variation. Srilanka is the richest country by GDP/capita in south asia that could be partially it but the variation and scores are still dubious. Trinidad and Tobago and Mauritius are countries with majority low caste north indian groups from UP/Bihar and they're at 86-87. I'm surprised Vietnam is only 90 while Cambodia is 100. Vietnamese are closer to chinese in culture, education, etc than Cambodians.
    The disparity between Sri Lanka and Nepal can easily be explained by the fact that Sri Lanka is the most prosperous South Asian nation whereas Nepal is the opposite.

T&T is majority Black with a significant Bihari population whereas Mauritius is majority Bihari, true. Compared to Indian Biharis, they grow up in a radically different environment. Even modern Bihar is very backwards by its own standards. When you look at ancient India, Bihar was one of the most prosperous regions but now being called Bihari is almost like an insult. Also, Biharis have significantly more West Eurasian DNA compared to Dravidians but their region is much more backwards, their IQ is probably lower too. If genetics does play a role, it's going to be quite minor.

True that Vietnam is culturally closer to China, but it's significantly more Westernized and somewhat of an "enemy" to China whereas Cambodia is allies with China so it's more likely to have teachers imported from China and have more education cooperation. They may have also gotten lucky with some good leaders of state that make them significantly different to other Indosphere nations of Southeast Asia. Keep in mind even though Vietnam is lower than China, it's still relative high.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information