Gambian migrant sentenced to just 13 years for the savage rape of an 11-year-old girl
By ARTHUR LYONS 17 September 2019

A military-aged migrant man from Gambia has been sentenced to 13 years in prison for forcing his way into an 11-year-old girl’s room and subjecting her to a savage rape in Bradford, England.

According to a report by the Telegraph and Argus, 31-year-old Haji Kologa put hands around the little girl’s neck and said, “Who’s the man?” before he threw her to the ground, dragged her into another room, and carried out what judge Andrew Haslam QC described as a “quite horrifying sexual assault”.

“He made her promise not to tell anyone and if she did, he would kill her,” prosecutor Christine Egerton said.

After the prolonged rape, the little girl was able to escape the rapist by jumping out of a first-floor window.

At first, the victim was too frightened to get into the police vehicle, but after she was taken to the station she told officers what Kaloga had done to her, and DNA evidence which linked him to the rape was collected.

Kologa was then arrested by initially denied the charges.

While addressing her attacker directly in Bradford Crown court for the first time since the horrific event, the girl read out a victim impact statement which reads as follows:

“I want you to know that what you have done to me, or ever said to me, is something I won’t ever forget until the day I die.

“I want you to know this because you sexually abused me. Even though I won’t ever forget what you did, I won’t let it change my future, or change who or what I want to be.

“Sooner or later, one day, you will hear that I have become something that you can never imagine. I hope that I never ever meet a man like you again.”

In response to the victim’s impact statement, the judge said, “One is struck by her strength of character after her terrible ordeal. She is a truly remarkable young girl.”

The court sentenced to Kologa to just 13 years in prison for the heinous crime. However, Kologa’s defense lawyer did say that it was more than likely that he would be deported back to Gambia after he serves out his sentence.

As to whether the Home Office executes his deportation orders is entirely another matter. Its record of keeping track of illegal migrants and ex-prisoners who’ve been issued these kind of orders is quite bad.

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co....window-escape/