PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
What is Christianity to you? Don't be deceived! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is Christianity to you? Don't be deceived!

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,955
    Given: 45,025

4 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Toppo900 View Post
    That's why I want to convert to the Greek Orthodox church which helps me link between myself, god and the Byzantine church without compromising my religious beliefs for political reasons and so no.
    You must just understand that your relationship with God is something separate from any membership with any church. It must be personal, first and foremost. And yes, there is the very necessary fellowship of the believers. But be careful with "fellowship" with people who are only doing church because it's their tradition, or because their parents did so. You should seek out genuine believers, so you can enjoy true spiritual fellowship, and be filled with the Holy Spirit.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Banned
    Last Online
    01-06-2021 @ 03:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29,829
    Given: 24,541

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    You must just understand that your relationship with God is something separate from any membership with any church. It must be personal, first and foremost. And yes, there is the very necessary fellowship of the believers. But be careful with "fellowship" with people who are only doing church because it's their tradition, or because their parents did so. You should seek out genuine believers, so you can enjoy true spiritual fellowship, and be filled with the Holy Spirit.
    Pretty much this, yes.

Last Online
    03-02-2024 @ 11:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Upper Mesopotamian
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian, Georgian Jewish, minor Armenian
    Ancestry
    Chalcolithic Armenia (EHG), Anatolian Neolithic Farmer (AHG), Copper Age Zagros, Canaan, Urartu, Ass
    Country
    Australia
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Irreligious
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,784
    Given: 10,478

1 Not allowed!

I agree with him for the most part. Christianity today has lost most of its beliefs and became some kind of political institution, especially today where the Pope completely commits blasphemy against god's orders by letting neo-liberal ideas infect the church. That's why I want to convert to the Greek Orthodox church which helps me link between myself, god and the Byzantine church without compromising my religious beliefs for political reasons and so no. I sometime cry when I watch videos like these which fills my soul with joy:
    Kinda off topic, but what made you convert from atheism to Christianity? I mean, you were more of a staunch atheist than I am. What got you back to your faith? And were you raised a Christian?

It will be interesting to hear your journey. Because I rarely hear of atheists converting back to their former belief.

P.S. I consider myself to be a 'cultural Christian'. There's Jews for Jesus...you can call me an atheist for Jesus.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelati View Post
    Kinda off topic, but what made you convert from atheism to Christianity? I mean, you were more of a staunch atheist than I am. What got you back to your faith? And were you raised a Christian?

It will be interesting to hear your journey. Because I rarely hear of atheists converting back to their former belief.

P.S. I consider myself to be a 'cultural Christian'. There's Jews for Jesus...you can call me an atheist for Jesus.
    Well, I was a Muslim before, and I became an atheist after that. I just felt really empty on the inside when I was an unbeliever which I wanted something to fill the void, you know? I gave Christianity a shot and even though I was skeptical about it going back and forth and all that I decided that Jesus is my savior, and honestly, I wished that we Arabs did not converted to Islam by force by the Muslims in the 7th century AD. People don't realize that we Christian Arabs exist, and that the Arabic language fits perfectly with Christianity.

I'm thinking converting myself to either the Maronite church or the Greek Orthodox one like all Levantine Christians.

Last Online
    03-02-2024 @ 11:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Upper Mesopotamian
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian, Georgian Jewish, minor Armenian
    Ancestry
    Chalcolithic Armenia (EHG), Anatolian Neolithic Farmer (AHG), Copper Age Zagros, Canaan, Urartu, Ass
    Country
    Australia
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Irreligious
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,784
    Given: 10,478

1 Not allowed!

Well, I was a Muslim before, and I became an atheist after that. I just felt really empty on the inside when I was an unbeliever which I wanted something to fill the void, you know? I gave Christianity a shot and even though I was skeptical about it going back and forth and all that I decided that Jesus is my savior, and honestly, I wished that we Arabs did not converted to Islam by force by the Muslims in the 7th century AD. People don't realize that we Christian Arabs exist, and that the Arabic language fits perfectly with Christianity.

I'm thinking converting myself to either the Maronite church or the Greek Orthodox one like all Levantine Christians.
    Yeah, I can understand that there is some sort of emptiness in atheism. I personally fill that void with studying evolution and the beautiful biological history of the earth - They're my 'bibles', if you will. Music helps too. And speaking of music, that chant you provided there is brilliant and soothing.

This may sound weird, but I always thought you suited being a Maronite or Greek Orthodox from seeing your pics, as they tend to look similar to you. You never struck me as a Muslim and I was surprised to hear that you were a Muslim. Since you once said, if I can recall, that you have Greek and West Aramaic-speaking ancestry then you are being true to your roots, as your ancestors were probably more likely Christians, rather than Muslim.

What do your parents think of your new faith? Have they converted as well (if they're Muslim, I presume)?

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelati View Post
    Yeah, I can understand that there is some sort of emptiness in atheism. I personally fill that void with studying evolution and the beautiful biological history of the earth - They're my 'bibles', if you will. Music helps too. And speaking of music, that chant you provided there is brilliant and soothing.

This may sound weird, but I always thought you suited being a Maronite or Greek Orthodox from seeing your pics, as they tend to look similar to you. You never struck me as a Muslim and I was surprised to hear that you were a Muslim. Since you once said, if I can recall, that you have Greek and West Aramaic-speaking ancestry then you are being true to your roots, as your ancestors were probably more likely Christians, rather than Muslim.

What do your parents think of your new faith? Have they converted as well (if they're Muslim, I presume)?
    My father doesn't know but the rest of my family accepted my newly found faith. I mean, for them, it's better than being an atheist, lol,. But they're very accepting and nice people, and I'm lucky to be born in such a family

Well, I'm genetically more similar to other Muslims of the Levant due on the fact that I do have some Arabian and Maghrebi admixture via admixture from the Egyptians.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-04-2021 @ 06:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Brazil
    Politics
    -
    Hero
    pulstar
    Religion
    -
    Relationship Status
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,957
    Given: 57,209

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
    Yeah, and most of them would put those pesky western protestants into shame, when it comes to conviction. Question the Virgin Mary or the Pope before them and you're up for some treat.
    Here is the other way around, protestants( which tend to be more like pentecostals) are more dedicated to their faith whereas catholic is almost a synonim for atheist.
    Most Brazilian catholics are catholics just out of tradition

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 01:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,284
    Given: 8,195

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jolsonaro View Post
    Here is the other way around, protestants( which tend to be more like pentecostals) are more dedicated to their faith whereas catholic is almost a synonim for atheist.
    Most Brazilian catholics are catholics just out of tradition
    That's not what I said, the protestant in here are no different than Catholics. I compared them to western protestants, which are most often the equivalent of those Brazilian catholics - christians just out of tradition. Thing is, there is no such tradition in here, so the cultural christians are non-existent. Quite a shame I'd say, people here are overly liberal, individualistic and pragmatic, although 'christian culture' being present doesn't automatically guarantee anything. I don't think Poland or Romania are any better, despite the christian culture is much more ingrained in there.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,955
    Given: 45,025

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
    That's not what I said, the protestant in here are no different than Catholics. I compared them to western protestants, which are most often the equivalent of those Brazilian catholics - christians just out of tradition. Thing is, there is no such tradition in here, so the cultural christians are non-existent. Quite a shame I'd say, people here are overly liberal, individualistic and pragmatic, although 'christian culture' being present doesn't automatically guarantee anything. I don't think Poland or Romania are any better, despite the christian culture is much more ingrained in there.
    You know what... from a spiritual perspective, this is actually preferable to me... because you get fewer "fake" Christians, and those who say they are followers of Jesus really are. It's not just a cultural label, which is full of hypocrisy. This is the problem Christians most often encounter in countries with a strong Christian tradition. It becomes a challenge to search out the genuine from the fake, the ones who just tag along because it's custom... but have no personal religious experience.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 01:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,284
    Given: 8,195

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    You know what... from a spiritual perspective, this is actually preferable to me... because you get fewer "fake" Christians, and those who say they are followers of Jesus really are. It's not just a cultural label, which is full of hypocrisy. This is the problem Christians most often encounter in countries with a strong Christian tradition. It becomes a challenge to search out the genuine from the fake, the ones who just tag along because it's custom... but have no personal religious experience.
    Yeah, I agree. What I don't get about this is how confused those people are, when they actually believe they are christians, while being closer to some sort of vague deists, who kind of appeal to supernatural at times. That's what plenty of atheists sometimes do aswell. The stats are kinda messed up for that reason.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information