View Poll Results: Are Black Jamaicans "Germanic"?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 38.89%
  • No

11 61.11%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Are Black Jamaicans "Germanic"?

Last Online
    Today @ 08:21 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Zoomer
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,257
    Given: 9,846

0 Not allowed!

we wuz germanic n shiet

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,541
    Given: 28,981

2 Not allowed!

Obviously not. They don't cluster anywhere near Germanics and have most of their ancestry from Africa. Bizarre thread. Are Indians Germanic because they speak English? Is there a point to this thread?

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,551
    Given: 27,895

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    They speak a Germanic language and these kinds of ethnolinguistic identities are defined by language usually. Also, a significant minority of their ancestry is Germanic.

The Gagauz have no more Turkic ancestry than Romanians or Bulgarians do (maybe even slightly less) yet they're considered Turkic. Anatolian Turks do have some Turkic ancestry but its a significant minority of their ancestry similar to the case with Germanic ancestry among Blacks. There are many other cases two but these are among the most well known and they are the first that came to mind, so I just mentioned them, but there are many other cases as well. So based on these groups being considered Turkic, can't the same case be made for Black Jamaicans being considered Germanic?
    Irish descent people are the second largest ethnic group living in Jamaica. There's been some admixture in the Caribbean Isles between Native Amerindians, Black slaves, and European settlers there.

I think some of the Black Jamaicans (the lighter black ones living there) have some Celtic ancestry from Irish admixture, along with some British Celtic, Norman, Norse, and Anglo-Jute-Saxon admixture in them from the British settlers there.

But not the majority of them.

Irish people in Jamaica or Irish Jamaicans, are Jamaican citizens whose ancestors originated from Ireland. Irish people are the second-largest reported ethnic group in Jamaica, after Jamaicans of African ancestry. Population estimates range from 300,000 to 700,000, making Irish Jamaicans up to 25% of Jamaica's population. Most Jamaicans with Irish ancestry also have African ancestry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_people_in_Jamaica
    Irish servants and slaves from Africa were taken on British ships to live in the Caribbean Isles and to cut sugar cane and pick tropical fruits and work for the British.

Jamaican peoples accents have some Irish influence. Black Jamaicans (like a reported 83% of Irish people) have difficulties pronouncing the 'TH' sound in English words... and many Black Jamaicans also pronounce English words such as thirty-three as 'ter-tee tree' like the Irish.

They also have a strong rhotic R sound like all the Irish settlers in Jamaica.

Listen to the Jamaican accent and that strong R sound... (it's like a mixture of black African accents and Irish accents.)

The Black Jamaicans also celebrate St. Patrick's Day and they like Guinness and Baileys in Jamaica due to the Irish influence in their culture. Culturally they have a little bit of Irish cultural influence... and some Irish linguistic influence on their pronunciations of R and TH.

Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 09-29-2019 at 11:48 AM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    Irish descent people are the second largest ethnic group living in Jamaica.

Irish servants and slaves were taken there on British ships to do work for the British.

Jamaican peoples accents have some Irish influence. They have problems pronouncing the 'TH' sound in English words... and so they pronouce words such as thirty-three as 'ter-tee tree' like the Irish. They also have a strong rhotic R sound like all the Irish settlers in Jamaica.

The Jamaicans celebrate St. Patrick's Day and they like Guinness and Baileys in Jamaica due to the Irish influence in their culture.

Most Jamaicans have English and Scots surnames and even then they are overwhelmingly of African descent not Irish or British. The majority of their ancestry is African. Also Irish weren't slaves but indentured servants. This is easily checked out looking at historical records. I'm non-plussed at the Irish slave agenda but it is historically inaccurate and can be easily shown to be a lot of bollocks. Why do people want to post historically inaccurate accounts? Sorry Lily but the British were far more influential in Jamaica than the Irish and even a cursory check of surnames will bear this out.

The Brits did treat the Irish badly but they never made them slaves and I'm saying this as an Irish person. I think history should be portrayed accurately.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_slaves_myth

TA fisherman association TheMaestro's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:20 PM
    Ethnicity
    Fisherman remnant
    Country
    South Africa
    Region
    Texas
    Politics
    Reformed Centrist
    Hero
    Mr. G, Donald Trump
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,136
    Given: 9,066

0 Not allowed!

Yes.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    Most Jamaicans have English and Scots surnames and even then they are overwhelmingly of African descent not Irish or British. The majority of their ancestry is African. Also Irish weren't slaves but indentured servants. This is easily checked out looking at historical records. I'm non-plussed at the Irish slave agenda but it is historically inaccurate and can be easily shown to be a lot of bollocks. Why do people want to post historically inaccurate accounts? Sorry Lily but the British were far more influential in Jamaica than the Irish and even a cursory check of surnames will bear this out.

The Brits did treat the Irish badly but they never made them slaves and I'm saying this as an Irish person. I think history should be portrayed accurately.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_slaves_myth
    I think the majority of those English and Scottish surnames were given or appointed to black people rather than something that they inherited through marriage.

I know of some Caribbean Isle people here who have no white admixture in them and their ancestors never married an English or Scottish man, and yet they bizarrely have English and Scottish first names and surnames. They've even told me that wasn't their original first names and surnames before they moved to live in the UK during the Windrush Generation.

I too have some Irish ancestry... although I don't call myself as Irish as I was born and raised in south-west England, and most of my ancestry is English. I don't have an Irish accent either as I'm not Irish. I thought you had an Australian accent?

Legio I Minervia – Slayer of barbarians
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italic
    Ethnicity
    Italian (100%)
    Ancestry
    Etruscans and Latins
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Emilia Romagna
    Politics
    Nat.Conservatism, Chauvinism, Irredentism, Militarism, Imperialism, Mediterraneanism, Germanophobe.
    Hero
    Innocenzo III, Matilde di Canossa, Guido da Landriano, Machiavelli, Ettore Tolomei and others...
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,385
    Given: 1,891

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenma de Pegasus View Post
    If even Guatemalans are called latinos, a original italian ethnicity from Rome/Lazio.
    Ehm, sorry but "latinos" is a Spanish term invention, it has nothing to do with the Latin tribe who inhabitated present day Lazio...

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I think the majority of those English and Scottish surnames were given or appointed to black people rather than something that they inherited through marriage.

I know of some Caribbean Isle people here who have no white admixture in them, yet have English and Scottish first names and surnames - and they've told me that wasn't their original names before they moved to live in the UK during the Windrush Generation.
    Some Jamaicans have Irish surnames though but they are a minority in comparison to Scots and English Surnames. It makes sense that the Scots and English would have more admixture then the Irish as they were in the majority. Irish admixture is definitely not the majority in Jamaica. Irish were indentured servants like many Scots and English and no reason why they would have the most admixture in Jamaica over the British people.

Some of the most popular family names in Jamaica today are Allen, Anderson, Bailey, Higgins, Jones, Powell, Brown, Smith, Williams, and Clarke. My name is not there, but just as well, the Neita name has its own peculiar family history. In fact, whenever I meet a Neita from whatever part of the island, I ask the magic question, "Do you know about the two brothers who came here from Cuba?" If the answer is yes, then we are related. And further, if he or she is from Glengoffe, St Catherine, or Ulster Spring, Trelawny, then we both know where the brothers settled and the family chain started.
    http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/colum...name-_17438845

Here's a list of the most common surnames among Black Jamaicans. Not many Irish surnames here.

1. Brown – Is Scottish in origin, approximately 63,965 people in Jamaica have this last name

2. Williams -54,095 Jamaicans have this last name. It is the 4th most popular name in Trinidad and Tobago.

3 . Smith - It is the most prevalent surname in the US and the UK, and third most popular in Jamaica with 40,995 Jamaicans having the name.

4. Campbell – Comes from the Gaelic meaning, 'wry (or crooked) mouth,' a name probably applied to some early chief of the clan. 36,908 people in Jamaica have this name.

5. Johnson-32,643 Jamaicans have this last name, it is the third most common surname in The Bahamas

6. Thompson- This surname is derived from the name of an ancestor, it means 'the son of Thome,' i.e. Thomas. 26,521 Jamaica's have this last name.

7 .Clarke- 25,254 Jamaicans have this name which is derived from the Irish meaning "clerk".

8. Reid - This last names was most commonly given to families who lived in the woodlands, that had the occupation of clearing trees. 24,594 Jamaicans have the last name, Reid.

9. Gordon- According to some genealogists this name is derived from Gordonia, a town in Macedonia. 22,024 Jamaicans have this last name.

10. Grant-19,721 Jamaicans have this surname. It originated in Scotland and was derived from a nickname.

11. Thomas - It is the 264th most common surname in the world. 19,114 Jamaicans have this last name.

12. Robinson- 19,079 Jamaicans have this name. Originating in England, it means "son of Robin”.

13. Henry-19,025 Jamaicans have this surname, it is of Germanic origin (Haimirich) meaning home and powerful.

14. Edwards- It means 'son of Edward'. Edwards is the 14th most common surname in Wales. 16,669 Jamaicans have the surname.

15. Lewis- 16,634 Jamaicans have this last name. This Surname has several independent origins.

16. Wright- This surname is derived from an occupation. Wright often refers to a skilled workman in various materials. 16,455 Jamaicans have this surname.

17. Davis- 16,384 Jamaicans have this last name. It is the 7th most popular surname in the US.

18. Anderson- Means son of Andrew. 15,920 have this surname.

19. Francis-15,277 Jamaicans have this last name. It is of Latin origin.

20. Stewart- In Old English the word ‘stiward’ meant one who looked after the domestic animals as well as one who provides for his master's table. 14,581Jamaicans have this last name.

21 Walker - This surname is derived from an occupation. 14,260 Jamaicans have this name.

22. Green 14,046 Jamaicans have this last name. This surname is derived from a geographical locality.

22. Allen 14,046 Jamaicans have this last name

24. Wilson -14,028 Jamaicans have this last name. Approximately 1,766,181 around the world have this surname.

25. Miller- This surname is derived from an occupation. 'the miller,' one who grinds corn, a 'milner'. 13,778 Jamaicans have this last name.

26. Morgan-13,671 Jamaicans have this last name

27 Bailey- Is the 1,120th most common surname in the world. 13,653 Jamaicans have this last name.

28 Richards-13,439 Jamaicans have this last name. Richards means son of Richard.

29 James – Is a surname with many origins. 12,761 Jamaicans have this last name.

30 Taylor- comes from the occupation of 'tailor,' a cutter-out of cloth. 12,457 Jamaicans have this last name

31. Jones- is a surname of Welsh origins, meaning "John's", or son of John. 12,261 Jamaicans have this last name.

32. Powell - 12,208 Jamaicans have this last name. This surname is derived from the name of an ancestor.

33. Palmer- means a pilgrim to the Holy Land, they often brought back a palm branch as proof that they had actually made the journey. 11,779 Jamaicans have this last name.

34. McKenzie- Means the son of Keneth. According to Forebears “The family boast of their descent from the great Anglo-Norman race of Fitz-Gerald in Ireland”. 11,726 Jamaicans have this last name

35. Samuels- 11,494 in Jamaica have this last name. 7,642 in Nigeria have the last name.

36. Jackson -is a common surname of English and Scottish origin. It means son of Jack. 11,119 Jamaicans have this last name.

37. Watson-10,780 Jamaicans have this last name, it is a patronymic surname of English and Scottish origin meaning "son of Walter.

38. Bennett- This surname is derived from the name of an ancestor meaning son of Bennett. 10,583 Jamaicans have this last name.

39.Daley- The meaning of this name is unknown. 10,458 Jamaicans have this surname.

40. Lawrence- It is 1,437th most common surname in the world. 10,298 Jamaicans have this last name.

41. Hall -This surname is derived from a geographical locality, 'at the hall.' 10,012 in Jamaica have this last name.

42. Hamilton-Approximately 390,095 people bear this surname. It is most popular in the Turks and Caicos Islands. 9,923 Jamaicans have this last name.

43 Graham- Is the name of an illustrious family of Anglo-Norman origin which settled in Scotland early in the twelfth century. 9,673 people in Jamaica have this last name.

44 Gayle- This last name is most popular in Jamaica. 9,655 Jamaicans have Gayle as a surname, however, the meaning of this surname is not known.

45. Scott- Means a native of Scotland. 9,566 people in Jamaica have this name.

46. Morris-9,530 Jamaicans have this last name. It is the 805th most common surname in the world. The name was introduced into Britain by the Normans among whom it was popular.

47. Barrett- This surname is derived from the name of an ancestor meaning 'the son of Berold,' the French Berraud.9,388 Jamaicans have this last name.

48.Dixon-9,316 in Jamaica have this last name, which is derived Scotland. 9,296 in South Africa have this last name.

49. Whyte- Is derived from the Old English, pre the 7th Century and was originally given as a nickname to one with fair hair or pale complexion. 8,977 Jamaicans have this last name. The surname is most prevalent in Nigeria.

50 Simpson -9,781 people have this last name in Jamaica. It is 1,454th most common surname in the world

https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/201...ican-last.html

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    Some Jamaicans have Irish surnames though but they are a minority in comparison to Scots and English Surnames. It makes sense that the Scots and English would have more admixture then the Irish as they were in the majority. Irish admixture is definitely not the majority in Jamaica. Irish were indentured servants like many Scots and English and no reason why they would have the most admixture in Jamaica over the British people.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/colum...name-_17438845

Here's a list of the most common surnames among Black Jamaicans. Not many Irish surnames here.

1. Brown – Is Scottish in origin, approximately 63,965 people in Jamaica have this last name

2. Williams -54,095 Jamaicans have this last name. It is the 4th most popular name in Trinidad and Tobago.

3 . Smith - It is the most prevalent surname in the US and the UK, and third most popular in Jamaica with 40,995 Jamaicans having the name.

4. Campbell – Comes from the Gaelic meaning, 'wry (or crooked) mouth,' a name probably applied to some early chief of the clan. 36,908 people in Jamaica have this name.

5. Johnson-32,643 Jamaicans have this last name, it is the third most common surname in The Bahamas

6. Thompson- This surname is derived from the name of an ancestor, it means 'the son of Thome,' i.e. Thomas. 26,521 Jamaica's have this last name.

7 .Clarke- 25,254 Jamaicans have this name which is derived from the Irish meaning "clerk".

8. Reid - This last names was most commonly given to families who lived in the woodlands, that had the occupation of clearing trees. 24,594 Jamaicans have the last name, Reid.

9. Gordon- According to some genealogists this name is derived from Gordonia, a town in Macedonia. 22,024 Jamaicans have this last name.

10. Grant-19,721 Jamaicans have this surname. It originated in Scotland and was derived from a nickname.

11. Thomas - It is the 264th most common surname in the world. 19,114 Jamaicans have this last name.

12. Robinson- 19,079 Jamaicans have this name. Originating in England, it means "son of Robin”.

13. Henry-19,025 Jamaicans have this surname, it is of Germanic origin (Haimirich) meaning home and powerful.

14. Edwards- It means 'son of Edward'. Edwards is the 14th most common surname in Wales. 16,669 Jamaicans have the surname.

15. Lewis- 16,634 Jamaicans have this last name. This Surname has several independent origins.

16. Wright- This surname is derived from an occupation. Wright often refers to a skilled workman in various materials. 16,455 Jamaicans have this surname.

17. Davis- 16,384 Jamaicans have this last name. It is the 7th most popular surname in the US.

18. Anderson- Means son of Andrew. 15,920 have this surname.

19. Francis-15,277 Jamaicans have this last name. It is of Latin origin.

20. Stewart- In Old English the word ‘stiward’ meant one who looked after the domestic animals as well as one who provides for his master's table. 14,581Jamaicans have this last name.

21 Walker - This surname is derived from an occupation. 14,260 Jamaicans have this name.

22. Green 14,046 Jamaicans have this last name. This surname is derived from a geographical locality.

22. Allen 14,046 Jamaicans have this last name

24. Wilson -14,028 Jamaicans have this last name. Approximately 1,766,181 around the world have this surname.

25. Miller- This surname is derived from an occupation. 'the miller,' one who grinds corn, a 'milner'. 13,778 Jamaicans have this last name.

26. Morgan-13,671 Jamaicans have this last name

27 Bailey- Is the 1,120th most common surname in the world. 13,653 Jamaicans have this last name.

28 Richards-13,439 Jamaicans have this last name. Richards means son of Richard.

29 James – Is a surname with many origins. 12,761 Jamaicans have this last name.

30 Taylor- comes from the occupation of 'tailor,' a cutter-out of cloth. 12,457 Jamaicans have this last name

31. Jones- is a surname of Welsh origins, meaning "John's", or son of John. 12,261 Jamaicans have this last name.

32. Powell - 12,208 Jamaicans have this last name. This surname is derived from the name of an ancestor.

33. Palmer- means a pilgrim to the Holy Land, they often brought back a palm branch as proof that they had actually made the journey. 11,779 Jamaicans have this last name.

34. McKenzie- Means the son of Keneth. According to Forebears “The family boast of their descent from the great Anglo-Norman race of Fitz-Gerald in Ireland”. 11,726 Jamaicans have this last name

35. Samuels- 11,494 in Jamaica have this last name. 7,642 in Nigeria have the last name.

36. Jackson -is a common surname of English and Scottish origin. It means son of Jack. 11,119 Jamaicans have this last name.

37. Watson-10,780 Jamaicans have this last name, it is a patronymic surname of English and Scottish origin meaning "son of Walter.

38. Bennett- This surname is derived from the name of an ancestor meaning son of Bennett. 10,583 Jamaicans have this last name.

39.Daley- The meaning of this name is unknown. 10,458 Jamaicans have this surname.

40. Lawrence- It is 1,437th most common surname in the world. 10,298 Jamaicans have this last name.

41. Hall -This surname is derived from a geographical locality, 'at the hall.' 10,012 in Jamaica have this last name.

42. Hamilton-Approximately 390,095 people bear this surname. It is most popular in the Turks and Caicos Islands. 9,923 Jamaicans have this last name.

43 Graham- Is the name of an illustrious family of Anglo-Norman origin which settled in Scotland early in the twelfth century. 9,673 people in Jamaica have this last name.

44 Gayle- This last name is most popular in Jamaica. 9,655 Jamaicans have Gayle as a surname, however, the meaning of this surname is not known.

45. Scott- Means a native of Scotland. 9,566 people in Jamaica have this name.

46. Morris-9,530 Jamaicans have this last name. It is the 805th most common surname in the world. The name was introduced into Britain by the Normans among whom it was popular.

47. Barrett- This surname is derived from the name of an ancestor meaning 'the son of Berold,' the French Berraud.9,388 Jamaicans have this last name.

48.Dixon-9,316 in Jamaica have this last name, which is derived Scotland. 9,296 in South Africa have this last name.

49. Whyte- Is derived from the Old English, pre the 7th Century and was originally given as a nickname to one with fair hair or pale complexion. 8,977 Jamaicans have this last name. The surname is most prevalent in Nigeria.

50 Simpson -9,781 people have this last name in Jamaica. It is 1,454th most common surname in the world

https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/201...ican-last.html
    And yet most of them with English and Scottish surnames don't look mixed with white people. Those names were given to them as maybe the British struggled to understand their native names.

Most Black Caribbean Islanders don't look biracial or mixed for so many of them to have English and Scottish surnames.

A female takes the surname of her husband - and there's no way that thousands and thousands of English and Scottish men historically moved to Caribbean Isles and married black African females for them to get those surnames, especially given how racist and xenophobic the British were in history.

Traditionally the Irish were less racist, more liberal minded, less xenophobic, and not as mean and cruel as the British were towards black people during the British Empire era, and we have large Irish communities in London living very peacefully amongst large Caribbean communities here.

The British were very xenophobic and racist in the past - and for a long time they put signs on the windows and doors of hotels, job adverts, cafes, bars, etc, stating 'No Irish, No Blacks, No Dogs Allowed.'

There's also been less historical cultural clashes in the past between the Irish and Caribbean people than between the British and Caribbean Islanders during the Brixton Riots in London during the 1980's.

Today the British people are more tolerant (well, in certain areas such as London, for example,) but historically they weren't, and I don't think many wealthy English and Scottish men who commanded ships and travelled to the Caribbean would've married black women during the colonial era due to the level of British xenophobia and racism in the British Empire era.

Today the British can marry whoever they want, but they had less freedom during the racist British Empire era.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 09-29-2019 at 12:34 PM.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

And yet most of them with English and Scottish surnames don't look mixed with white people. Those names were given to them when the English language was forced onto them - as there hasn't been thousands of marriages between English and Scottish men and black Caribbean Islander females for them to get all those surnames.

Most Caribbean Islanders don't look biracial.

Traditionally the Irish were less racist, less xenophobic, and not as mean as the British were towards black people during the British Empire era, and we have large Irish communities in London living very peacefully amongst large Caribbean communities here.

The British were very xenophobic and racist in the past and for a long time they put signs on the windows and doors of hotels, job adverts, cafes, bars, etc, stating 'No Irish, No Blacks, No Dogs Allowed.'

There's also been less cultural clashes in the past between them than between the British and Caribbean Islanders during the Brixton Riots.
    The British were very racist but they were still a majority in Jamaica over the Irish and the Jamaicans have more Scots and English surnames so how does that mean that Jamaicans have more Irish ancestry? I'm dubious. There is nothing to back this up. I think Barbados received a lot of Irish indentured servants still in the West Indies English, Scots and Welsh would have outnumbered the Irish so it makes no sense that most Jamaicans would have more Irish ancestry than British. That's not the case in any of Britain's colonies so I doubt it is different in the West Indies.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information