Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,480
    Given: 6,003

2 Not allowed!

Default ThreadDeleted

Content Deleted
    Last edited by CordedWhelp; 09-29-2019 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Why fucking bother?
    "3:16 For YHWH so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.."

#GodWins

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 09:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    Midwestern Trash
    Ancestry
    German, Danish, Litvin Polish
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R1a-L365
    mtDNA
    N1b1b, H3(P)
    Hero
    The Christ
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

And I am still yet to do any deep y-clade testing...
    "3:16 For YHWH so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.."

#GodWins

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 01:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    W6a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,923
    Given: 18,997

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CordedWhelp View Post
    I have recently run into a match on 23andme who lists our name in his profile, and states his folk came out of Olsztyn, Poland. This is a big Teutonic city with it's own county rites and traditionally, a healthy German population. Could likely be anything, really.
    Olsztyn is located in what was until the 1200s the border of pre-crusade Old Prussian lands of Bartia and Warmia. Łyna River was the border between those two lands. The Prussian Crusade ended in 1283. Later, borders of the region known as Warmia expanded and included parts of what had originally had been Bartia. Olsztyn was founded as a fort in 1334, and a city charter was granted in 1353. In 1410 during the Polish-Teutonic War, Olsztyn surrendered to Polish forces, but was regained by the Teutonic Order after the peace treaty of 1411. In 1414 during the Famine War the city was captured by Polish forces again. In 1454 the city rebelled against Teutonic Knights (together with the rest of the Prussian Confederation) and the rebels were pacified, but in 1466 after the end of the Thirteen Years' War the city - and all of Warmia - became part of Poland, within the province of Royal Prussia. In the 1400s Polish settlers (from what is now Kujawsko-Pomorskie, Mazowieckie and Podlaskie) started colonizing southern Warmia, as the result of which areas around Olsztyn became majority Polish. In 1521 during the last Polish-Teutonic War, Copernicus himself led the city's successful defence against Teutonic attacks. Olsztyn and Warmia remained Roman Catholic, in contrast to surrounding Ducal Prussia which became Lutheran. In the First Partition of Poland in 1772 Warmia and Olsztyn were annexed by the Kingdom of Brandenburg-Prussia and merged with neighbouring areas of what had been known as Ducal Prussia, forming East Prussia.

Censuses of 1825 and 1837 show the county was still overwhelmingly Polish at that time and the city was mixed:

Census 1825:

City Olsztyn - 1266 Poles, 1371 Germans
    City Barczewo - 1500 Poles, 590 Germans
    Rural areas - 22764 Poles, 2966 Germans
    ===============
    Whole county - 25530 Poles, 4927 Germans

Census 1837:

City Olsztyn - 1511 Poles, 1461 Germans
    City Barczewo - 1794 Poles, 756 Germans
    Rural areas - 22762 Poles, 3762 Germans
    ===============
    Whole county - 26067 Poles, 5979 Germans

Source for census data:

August von Haxthausen, "Die ländliche verfassung in den einzelnen provinzen der Preussischen Monarchie", published in 1839.

--------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------

In 1893 the party of Polish minority in Germany won Reichstag elections in Olsztyn-Reszel constituency with 55% of the vote:

https://www.porta-polonica.de/en/lex...zlegier-antoni

"Antoni Wolszlegier (Anton Johannes Nepomucenus von Wolszlegier), 1843-1922, Polish priest and publicist, 1893-98 member of the Reichstag of the German Empire, 1896-98 member of the Prussian Landtag. (...) In 1892 he was made the parish priest in Gilgenburg/Dąbrówno. He was active in cooperative movements and in the development of agricultural clubs. In June 1893 he was elected into the Polish parliamentary group in the German Reichstag for the constituency of Rößel-Allenstein/Reszel-Olsztyn with a majority of 54.94% in the second ballot. He served on special committees for tobacco tax, immigration, the right of assembly, jurisdiction, the committee of accounts and the civil law book, and was the first Polish member for Warmia (Ermland) in the Reichstag. From 1896 he was coeditor of the Gazeta Ludowa/Volkszeitung in Lyck/Ełk. He used his family inheritance to support Polish newspapers and printing presses that had sunk into financial difficulties, like the Gazeta Toruńska/Thorner Zeitung and the Gazeta Olsztyńska/Allensteiner Zeitung, and was an active supporter of the founding of the Gazeta Gdańska/Danziger Zeitung. Between 1914 and 1920 he was one of the main Polish activists working for the creation of Polish state in the Prussian sector. In 1918 he became a member of the Polski Sejm Dzielnicowy/Polish Provincial Parliament in Poznan. In 1918/19 he was a member of the Naczelna Rada Ludowa/National Peoples Council. (...)"
    Last edited by Peterski; 09-29-2019 at 08:08 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-11-2020 @ 03:40 AM
    Ethnicity
    Basarab Laiota
    Country
    Moldova
    Y-DNA
    I2 (Carpathian)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,208
    Given: 1,745

0 Not allowed!

What Germans? They all got kicked from there long time ago are you dumb? My ancestors will murk you for claiming this garbage, if you don't believe me I don't care read from your secret service crackerboy:

20190929_150405.jpg

This that same fool that claiming in East Galicia there is thriving German community, when they are less than 0.2% of population and historically recorded as being heavy laborers and shoe shiners in market squares fucking goof

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 01:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    W6a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,923
    Given: 18,997

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cumansky View Post
    What Germans? They all got kicked from there long time ago are you dumb?
    Origins of population in county & city Olsztyn according to 1950 census:

Pre-war autochthons* - 30563 (including in the city - 5180, county - 25383)
    From Kresy (= the USSR) - 21278
    From the city of Warsaw - 4681
    From Warsaw Region - 10165
    From Białystok Region - 3760
    From Bydgoszcz Region - 1926
    From Poznań Region - 945
    From the city of Łódź - 307
    From Łódź Region - 783
    From Kielce Region - 1095
    From Lublin Region - 2091
    From Działdowo Region - 804
    From Gdynia Pomerelia - 318
    From East Upper Silesia - 496
    From Kraków Region - 688
    From Rzeszów Region - 612
    From Abroad (except USSR) - 467
    Unknown Origin - 1856

TOTAL - 82835 inhabitants (including city Olsztyn - 43831, and county - 39004)

*They were all officially verified as ethnic Poles with German citizenship.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 09:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    Midwestern Trash
    Ancestry
    German, Danish, Litvin Polish
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R1a-L365
    mtDNA
    N1b1b, H3(P)
    Hero
    The Christ
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cumansky View Post
    What Germans? They all got kicked from there long time ago are you dumb? My ancestors will murk you for claiming this garbage, if you don't believe me I don't care read from your secret service crackerboy:

20190929_150405.jpg

This that same fool that claiming in East Galicia there is thriving German community, when they are less than 0.2% of population and historically recorded as being heavy laborers and shoe shiners in market squares fucking goof
    How necessary was it for you to be a total prick in this thread? You might as well have just not fucking commented here. Even if I shoulda done my homework more on this matter, so fucking what? I don't claim to know everything about the region, and I guess I just had the INSANE reflex to bring this up to a community I know contains people well-read on this matter.

AND I NEVER SAID GERMANS WERE/ARE A MAJORITY IN THE CITY. That's a reach everyone else is making...

#GodWins

Thread Information