Србин
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,173
    Given: 5,255

0 Not allowed!

Default Montenegrins are Serbs

Metropolitan Danilo I (1696-1735) called himself "Duke of the Serb land".
    Metropolitan Sava called his people of Montenegro, the "Serbian nation" (1766)
    Petar I Petrović-Njegoš made a plan to form a new Serbian Empire by joining Bay of Kotor, Dubrovnik, Dalmatia, Herzegovina to Montenegro and some of the highland neighbours (1807)
    Petar II Petrović-Njegoš (1830): "I love my land Montenegro, I write Serbian and I tell loudly to everyone: my ethnicity is Serbian, my mind and soul is Slavic!"
    During the reign of Danilo I Petrović-Njegoš, the pupils had classes in Serbian Grammar; Serbian History; and Slavic History.
    The 1909 census, undertaken by the Principality of Montenegro, recorded that 95% of the population spoke Serbian and followed the Orthodox Christian faith.
    The geography textbook for the 3rd grade of elementary school, in 1911, said:
    "In Montenegro live only true and pure Serbs who speak the Serbian language... Besides Montenegro there are more Serb lands in which our Serb brothers live... Some of them are as free as we are and some are subjugated to foreigners."

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    12-22-2023 @ 01:20 PM
    Ethnicity
    Србин
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Their blood is of the purest and noblest in the Balkans, for they are largely descended from the noble families of the old Servian Empire who fled to the Katunska after the bloody field of Kossovo, which destroyed the might of the Serbs for ever. It is probably from these ancestors that their noble bearing and perfect manners, in even strange and unaccustomed surroundings, are derived. Their notion of honour is of the highest, and thieving and robbery are practically unknown.

"The Land of the Black Mountain" Reginold Wyon and Gerald Prance, 1903

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    12-22-2023 @ 01:20 PM
    Ethnicity
    Србин
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Who are Montenegrins? "Montenegrins regard themselves as high-caste Serbs, the warrior Serbs." Professor William N. Dunn, University of Pittsburgh's Graduate School of Public an International Affairs; CNN, Montenegro: Hotspot in the making?
    How Montenegrins expressed their identity after unification with Serbia and between two world wars? "Serbs of Montenegro are same in blood, language and aspiration, faith and heritage as people from Serbia and other Serb lands; We have common past which fills us up with enthusiasm, common ideals, heroes, sorrow and everything else that makes one nation really meaningful." Act of Union of the Great People's Parliament of Serb Nation in Montenegro, 1918

Thread Information