View Poll Results: For OR menbers; do you follow their stance on Loki?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 18.18%
  • No

7 63.64%
  • unsure

2 18.18%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For the OR members Loki poll

Banned
    Last Online
    07-25-2020 @ 05:11 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    UK/Germany
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Celto-Germanic
    Religion
    Chaos-Gnosticism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aemma View Post
    Thank you for your understanding.

From my understanding, yes.

Cheers!...Aemma
    LOL.... Wow.... What the hell did he think he was going to do in the OR?

Odians have no business being in major heathen organizations.... At least not yet.

And perhaps some people revere Loki because they chaos and entropy.... Maybe they are masochists at heart and love a little pain once in a while? (I certainly know I do, and I mean that in a completely spiritual/religious sense).

It all depends ones personal goals.
    Last edited by Baron Samedi; 03-18-2009 at 05:07 PM.

Last Online
    09-01-2016 @ 05:46 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Aryan
    Ancestry
    Basically put my ancestors hail from England, Germany, and Austria as well as Norway.
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

0 Not allowed!

My personal view and this is after discussions with other Odinists and OR members is that the reason for not hailing Loki is number one to not invite anymore chaos into our lives than needed. Not that he is the semitic devil but that he is chaos incarnate. Yes he is Odins blood brother but that does not make him one of the Gods that are hailed at sumble or one of the gods that we call on for help.
    Our lives are chaotic enough without inviting Loki into them for a party.
    This is my understanding of the OR's stance. Being not a current OR member and also not the writer of the policy I cannot comment on the mindset at the time of the writing.
    I can say this after contact with actual Loki worshipers though. They are completely out of control and wish to bring chaos to every corner of your life. Now I like a little chaos now and then because the tests that come with it make me the man that I am but they are way over the top with the whole chaos thing.
    Much better to hail Tyr or Forseti.
    This is all that I have to say. Heil Odin.
    Oh yes the whole temple of set member thing had great baring on the whole statement that was put forth by the OR I had almost forgot about that time period. To bad that I couldn't LOL. Thanks Aemma for putting it back out there it is actually good that people realize that some of us don't follow the left hand path just that we wish to know the fullness of ourselves.
    Last edited by Rasvalg; 03-18-2009 at 05:08 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Northern European
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellasson View Post
    As a LHP adherant, and someone of a Celto-Germanic mindset, however.... I will stick with (and refer people) towards established, traditional (read "folkish) magical groups of a Germanic mindset, such as the Wolfbund and the Galdragildi.
    Well I'm glad to hear that Hellasson and as it should be in my opinion if one is of a Celto-Germanic mindset. I truly believe that each of us should keep to our own respective cultures' forms of esoterica, not to mention culture-specific spiritual expression.

I should make the attempt perhaps to further explore these groups which you mention. I think it would be most enlightening for me.

Cheers!...Aemma

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Northern European
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellasson View Post
    LOL.... Wow.... What the hell did he think he was going to do in the OR?

Odians have no business being in major heathen organizations.... At least not yet.

And perhaps some people revere Loki because they chaos and entropy.... Maybe they are masochists at heart and love a little pain once in a while? (I certainly know I do, and I mean that in a completely spiritual/religious sense).

It all depends ones personal goals.
    Indeed. We all look for different things in life, hence the reason for different orgs.

Last Online
    12-17-2009 @ 01:19 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England
    Region
    Mercia
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe View Post
    I understand...

Is that Edred Thorsson aka Stephen Flowers?
    Stephen Flowers is no longer a ToS member and has even wrtiten an article describing the differences between the ToS and the Runegild. I think the ToS was just part of a journey for Flowers. The Runegild itself isn't LHP an error often made by people due to Flowers previous involvement with the ToS and of course his works like Lords of the LefthandPath.

My thoughts as an outsider regarding the OR stance on Loki is 1) You know before joining what their stance is and either agree or 2) Loki is of such little concern (i.e no desire to honour Him) that their stance simply isn't an issue.

To be honest I don't see why any heathen would want to Honour Loki or why the OR stance should be an issue.

Last Online
    05-17-2020 @ 04:36 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-germanic
    Ethnicity
    Cape Bretoner
    Ancestry
    Brittany, Scotland, Norway
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Novia Scotia
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aemma View Post
    The OR has as its primary mission to be at the vanguard of the re-awakening of our Northern Indo-Europeans' indigenous and organic spirituality. It sought to set itself apart from other modes of esoterica such as TOS and so be it.
    It is not any better nor worse than any other religious org out there but for some of us it does suit us better. And as I have stated elsewhere, though as a group we do believe in the OR's main missions and tenets (the NNVs and the Charges), as to how the individual deities in our great Germanic pantheon are actually interpreted remains as individual an exercise as anything. Heathen spirituality given what it is (very individualistic within the broader communal framework of the hearth, if one should be so lucky as to be part of one), is very much respected at the OR, however within limits as per its stance on Loki. Again, it just is what it is. No org can be everything to everybody in the end. And I myself learned that fairly early on with my own membership at the AFA. It really wasn't for me.

I realise that some of you have not had the most pleasant of experiences with the OR perhaps or only know it through limited exposure via its website. But I do ask you to also recognise that in terms of preservation efforts it is by far the most hands-on and active in the heathen community--indeed in the Greater Northern European community I would further offer.

Cheers!...Aemma
    Yeehaw lady!!!! What she said.

I'd elaborate but I'm still a little wound up from yet another interesting experience in the most multicultural city in North America.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information