Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Eye and hair colour distribution among 2002 Bulgarians (both sexes studied) + general comment

Last Online
    10-03-2020 @ 12:22 AM
    Ethnicity
    French
    Country
    France
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 211
    Given: 74

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Supercomputer View Post
    Wow people counting Bulgarians can find anywhere from 16% (Ikiru) to 57% (The Blade) light eyes. Amazing
    I challenge anyone to find largely different results for my study on Bulgarian MPs (or any other nationality). I found 16,4 % light eyes. Savvas reviewed my results and found 21,1 %. I reviewed his results one by one and finally found 17,9 %.
    Sorry The Blade, I appreciate your autism but a 57 % figure is completely delusional.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...=1#post6066925

Last Online
    04-22-2024 @ 12:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    NE Europe+Crusader
    Country
    Russia
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a
    mtDNA
    U5b1e
    Taxonomy
    Dalo-Faelid\Sub-Nordid
    Politics
    Phenotype positivity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,095
    Given: 10,128

1 Not allowed!

A difference in 10% of blonde hair among the sexes can't be explained by anything other than dye.

Last Online
    02-18-2020 @ 05:46 PM
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Your effort is the first study of Europe. I mean not just a dubious map sparing the details. I can help you publish it as professional through an institution. But only eye color is adequately measured by online images. The angle of light can make blondism and rufism completely disappear or appear even on jet black hair. The amount and angle of light can make literally any hair to seem black or blond.

May I ask you to post the photos of the 3 percent reddish haired Bulgarian men? Is it especially interesting how many of them would be of foreign background? But it probably doesn't matter as you got nearly the same frequency even in Irish men. The frequency here completely contradicts my observations(always less than 1 in 100) and the studies. The study of Popov on students and conscripts found that only 0.25% of 5500 Bulgarian men had reddish hair(I-VI on saller scale) and 0.29% of 2500 Bulgarian women. The study of Yordanov on 30to40 yrs olds found that 0.1% of 2429 Bulgarian men had reddish hair(I-VI on saller scale) with 0-0.4% regional variation and 0.2% of 2848 Bulgarian women with 0-0.6% regional variation. Popov did not find any reddish hair among Pomaks but Polianos found 2% reddish hair among Pomaks in Greece. Do you intend to research ethnic Bulgarian populations beyond borders such as the Pomaks in Greece? Polianos found 41% blond haired of the Pomaks and less than 5% in each other region of Greece. Their 2% red hair was also a regional record.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Actors models working of their looks are a sample bias for hair color and may raise rare exotic traits such as rufism

Last Online
    03-02-2021 @ 10:24 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thracian/Scythian/Gothic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Dalofaelid with Corded Nordid influences
    Politics
    Fuck agendas
    Hero
    None.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,666
    Given: 13,081

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by theuser View Post
    Your effort is the first study of Europe. I mean not just a dubious map sparing the details. I can help you publish it as professional through an institution. But only eye color is adequately measured by online images. The angle of light can make blondism and rufism completely disappear or appear even on jet black hair. The amount and angle of light can make literally any hair to seem black or blond.

May I ask you to post the photos of the 3 percent reddish haired Bulgarian men? Is it especially interesting how many of them would be of foreign background? But it probably doesn't matter as you got nearly the same frequency even in Irish men. The frequency here completely contradicts my observations(always less than 1 in 100) and the studies. The study of Popov on students and conscripts found that only 0.25% of 5500 Bulgarian men had reddish hair(I-VI on saller scale) and 0.29% of 2500 Bulgarian women. The study of Yordanov on 30to40 yrs olds found that 0.1% of 2429 Bulgarian men had reddish hair(I-VI on saller scale) with 0-0.4% regional variation and 0.2% of 2848 Bulgarian women with 0-0.6% regional variation. Popov did not find any reddish hair among Pomaks but Polianos found 2% reddish hair among Pomaks in Greece. Do you intend to research ethnic Bulgarian populations beyond borders such as the Pomaks in Greece? Polianos found 41% blond haired of the Pomaks and less than 5% in each other region of Greece. Their 2% red hair was also a regional record.
    As far as I have read, Popov said rufosity (red/reddish blond/reddish brown hair) according to him varies from 1 to 4% of the population depending on the area. Most score between 2-3%. It's most common in the provinces of Razgrad and Targovishte. Among Pomaks it reaches 4,1%. One of the rufous men in my sample is half Greek/half Bulgarian (Georgios Sarbinov). The rest do not have any known non-Bulgarian ancestry.
    Sorry but I'm not browsing thousands of photos to find all of them to count something I already did.
    Here I post just some I remember who are more famous whose names (along with these of others less known) can be found in the lists I posted):
    Ilian Kiryakov

Marian Hristov

Dimitar Karnev (Ani Lozanova's colour here is fake, of course. It's obvious and we all know she's dark-haired.)

That one is from the models sample - Dimitar
    https://visages.net/bg/portfolio/dimitar/
    Miroslav Kostadinov

After not shaving for a while:

Last Online
    03-02-2021 @ 10:24 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thracian/Scythian/Gothic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Dalofaelid with Corded Nordid influences
    Politics
    Fuck agendas
    Hero
    None.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,666
    Given: 13,081

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikiru View Post
    I challenge anyone to find largely different results for my study on Bulgarian MPs (or any other nationality). I found 16,4 % light eyes. Savvas reviewed my results and found 21,1 %. I reviewed his results one by one and finally found 17,9 %.
    Sorry The Blade, I appreciate your autism but a 57 % figure is completely delusional.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...=1#post6066925
    Bulgarian authors (actual anthropologists) like Popov and Vatev find between 43-45% light eyes and that's excluding dark green (those who count it have pretty similar results to mine). 17% if you insist on this is probably even lower than what Cyprus has, so I appreciate your delusions but no. And I already found quite different results for Italy in comparison to those you posted. Even if one goes by 1-6 counted as light Italians get more than 30%. By my scheme with dark green counted they were above 45% light-eyed.
    After not shaving for a while:

Last Online
    10-23-2019 @ 07:17 PM
    Ethnicity
    Shqiptar
    Country
    Kosovo
    Y-DNA
    J2b2-L283
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 203
    Given: 200

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Laag View Post
    Blade considers hazel eyes as light. I think this map is more accurate. 25% light eyes without hazel eyes.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...ically-backed)
    This includes both hair and eyes

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

You are delusional about the study of Popov. Nowhere he says that rufiosity varies between 1 and 4% of the population. This is simply untrue
    He simply says it is 0.25% among men and 0.29% among women with a maximum of 0.6% regional variation. I have the book and I am gonna upload a shot of the page today. The 4% figure is of the Greece Pomaks according to Polianos. I just included it in the thread about Anthropology of the Bulgarian People(Popov was only one of the sources used in my thread) in the Bulgarian genealogy forum. Popov claims 0 redheads among Bulgaria Pomaks.

Thank you for sharing the pictures! Miroslav Kostadinov dies his hair and beard. Anyway reddish beards are more common than hair and should be separate category. Dimitar Karnev is a fashion model and biased the sample. How much of the redheads work this thing? Ilian Kiryakov and Marian Hristov seem reddish indeed. But I can't be sure only from their online photos. Online or not it is pointless to measure hair color shares without age factor. E.g. Popov found 16% blonde hair in conscripts but Yordanov found only 3% in 30-40 year old men. They both made their findings by the Fisher-Saller scale.

Wherever I was in Bulgaria I was the only reddish haired in groups of 100+ people. Some people told me I was the only redhead they've seen in their lifetime. I have three redhead Bulgarian friends and two red bearded that are not part of my family. I have seen only six more in Bulgaria. So about ten in a lifetime. I can't be sure about their origin but Bulgarian Jews had noticably more redheads than Bulgarians.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

You probably misunderstood the symbol. Rufism makes up 2-3‰ according to Popov which is permille. Not percent. So 2-3 in a 1000.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Reddish hair distribution according to Popov

Attached Images Attached Images