E-BY7449-E-BY7566
    mtDNA
    J1c5c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,520
    Given: 4,791

2 Not allowed!

Default Umar ibn Hafsun (Samuel)

I will tell the facts as they happened to me. It is a story that I have kept for many years because the ends have been tied over the years.

When I was a teenager, I spent the summer month at my maternal grandmother's house I used to chat with and on one occasion I asked her if we came from the nobility, I could not explain why I asked her a question of those characteristics.

Then my grandmother said nothing, got up from her seat and went inside the house and returned with a small paper envelope that seemed to have a decade or another. My grandmother extended her hand to me, handing me the envelope I opened immediately without knowing what it could contain. In the envelope was a paper in which he put: Omar ben Hafsún. When I got that name I had no idea who it could be, we are talking about the end of the 80s or the beginning of the nineties, there was no internet and that name I had not heard in my life, so I could only say: It's a Moor! That's what that exotic name sounded to me. She my grandmother looked at me and said nothing, I felt that she could not tell me much more, it was a paper that her ancestors had left her and that she kept in her old photo box, I did not want to know more and she stopped, so that the thing was there forever and ever except in my mind where that name was recorded.

Siembaro we continue talking about family stories, origins, I was taught the photos of his parents, grandparents, great grandparents. And so I knew the origin of all of them, all Spaniards or the Iberian Peninsula, all Andalusians, all from the province of Cádiz except my grandmother's great grandfather who was a native of Parauta (Málaga) where Umar Ibn Hafsun is supposed to be from , but at that time and for many years I did not know or relate it. Much later with the arrival of the internet, the speed and ease of accessing the information attached or can relate it; although lacking any other type of official documentation I simply never told anyone, I kept it for myself.

Until the era of genetic tests arrived and without knowing what the results might be, I saw some that could still give credibility to my story, not being so crazy. So I dared to tell my little or big story.

I have commented on it in the FamilyTreeDna survey and now I tell it here in case it can be useful for something in the future.

What do you think?

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omar_ben_Hafs%C3%BAn

In this thread I usually publish all my genetic results.
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...13#post6126213
    https://www.yfull.com/tree/E-BY7449/
    E-V22 - E-BY7449 - E-BY7566 - E-FT155550
    According to oral family tradition E-FT155550 comes from a deserter of Napoleon's troops (1808-1813) who stayed in Spain and changed his surname.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:59 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Comarca d'Entre-Douro-e-Minho (Northern Portugal)
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R-P311
    mtDNA
    U5b1c
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranid
    Religion
    Catholic church
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,570
    Given: 11,031

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gallop View Post
    I will tell the facts as they happened to me. It is a story that I have kept for many years because the ends have been tied over the years.

When I was a teenager, I spent the summer month at my maternal grandmother's house I used to chat with and on one occasion I asked her if we came from the nobility, I could not explain why I asked her a question of those characteristics.

Then my grandmother said nothing, got up from her seat and went inside the house and returned with a small paper envelope that seemed to have a decade or another. My grandmother extended her hand to me, handing me the envelope I opened immediately without knowing what it could contain. In the envelope was a paper in which he put: Omar ben Hafsún. When I got that name I had no idea who it could be, we are talking about the end of the 80s or the beginning of the nineties, there was no internet and that name I had not heard in my life, so I could only say: It's a Moor! That's what that exotic name sounded to me. She my grandmother looked at me and said nothing, I felt that she could not tell me much more, it was a paper that her ancestors had left her and that she kept in her old photo box, I did not want to know more and she stopped, so that the thing was there forever and ever except in my mind where that name was recorded.

Siembaro we continue talking about family stories, origins, I was taught the photos of his parents, grandparents, great grandparents. And so I knew the origin of all of them, all Spaniards or the Iberian Peninsula, all Andalusians, all from the province of Cádiz except my grandmother's great grandfather who was a native of Parauta (Málaga) where Umar Ibn Hafsun is supposed to be from , but at that time and for many years I did not know or relate it. Much later with the arrival of the internet, the speed and ease of accessing the information attached or can relate it; although lacking any other type of official documentation I simply never told anyone, I kept it for myself.

Until the era of genetic tests arrived and without knowing what the results might be, I saw some that could still give credibility to my story, not being so crazy. So I dared to tell my little or big story.

I have commented on it in the FamilyTreeDna survey and now I tell it here in case it can be useful for something in the future.

What do you think?

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omar_ben_Hafs%C3%BAn

In this thread I usually publish all my genetic results.
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...13#post6126213
    Interesting! Is it a story or is it real? Is that Umar ibn Hafsun, Andalusí of Hispano-Godo origin, was born in 850 ...
    Target: Pedro_scaled
    Distance: 0.6354% / 0.00635357
    54.2% Iberia
    21.6% Scotland
    12.4% North Africa (Tunisian Berber)
    8.6% Italia (Lazio)
    2.4% West Africa (Gambian)
    0.8% South America (Amerindian Caribe)

Banned
    Last Online
    09-30-2020 @ 02:20 AM
    Ethnicity
    Moorish
    Country
    Morocco
    Taxonomy
    Transmed+Berberid
    Politics
    Center-left
    Hero
    Me
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,362
    Given: 5,351

0 Not allowed!

Interesting but even if that was true he lived a very long time ago so a lot of people in spain probably descend from him today

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 08:15 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Epic, Mythical, Mythological and Biblical
    Ethnicity
    Espańol
    Ancestry
    Andalusia (Spain)
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    E-BY7449-E-BY7566
    mtDNA
    J1c5c1
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nassbean View Post
    Interesting but even if that was true he lived a very long time ago so a lot of people in spain probably descend from him today
    Of him and his family, brothers, cousins e.t.c. that they had to remain in the area since he himself had a tumultuous and moving life.
    According to oral family tradition E-FT155550 comes from a deserter of Napoleon's troops (1808-1813) who stayed in Spain and changed his surname.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 08:15 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Epic, Mythical, Mythological and Biblical
    Ethnicity
    Espańol
    Ancestry
    Andalusia (Spain)
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    E-BY7449-E-BY7566
    mtDNA
    J1c5c1
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Ruben View Post
    Interesting! Is it a story or is it real? Is that Umar ibn Hafsun, Andalusí of Hispano-Godo origin, was born in 850 ...
    It was really a story that I had parked there and I had not told anyone since as I said I have no official or tangible proof but after decades and all this came from genetics and take out visigoth in the old samples because I already take a certain color the thing even for myself.

Thread Information