Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Why do some Poles insult Croats ?

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,625

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pribislav View Post
    Lool for the bodled one.

Croatian part of Bosnia fell under the Ottomans in 1527 and 1590 (Cazinska Krajina). Serbian part of Bosnia fell in 1463. Islamized Bosnians who defested Hungarians on Mohacs 1526 were islamized Serbs.

Ancestors of Bosniaks committed many crimes against Christian Europeans, they were most important Ottoman force in European part of empire.
    My ancestors came to town of Dubica from Hungary, it is written in local books. They came after Ottoman army retreated from Panonnia.
    I couldn't be more proud about their warrior heritage. My grand-grandfather served Austro-Hungarian army in Galicia during entire WW1, and he was only muslim officer in his entire unit.

After the war he didn't take advantage of his medals and went to Austria (as he spoke fluent German), but decided to live in povetry since Yugoslav Monarchy took lands off entire muslim nobility.
    He wouldn't get any truth be told even without that, as his father made him persona non grata after marrying Catholic Croat girl.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Btw, my papa still keeps his grandpa sabre

Banned
    Last Online
    11-28-2019 @ 11:11 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Rusin
    Country
    Trinidad-and-Tobago
    Taxonomy
    Northern
    Religion
    Pagan: Perun & Veles
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 132
    Given: 86

2 Not allowed!

On average, each of us does not care about people of our nationality surrounding us. Often we have more enemies among our people than among a foreign nation. But something still makes us stand up for people of our nationality.

King of Swords Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 07:41 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    my own tribe
    Ethnicity
    entheos
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H11a1a
    Politics
    NWO Masonic Luciferianism
    Religion
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,376
    Given: 31,164

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sche View Post
    On average, each of us does not care about people of our nationality surrounding us. Often we have more enemies among our people than among a foreign nation. But something still makes us stand up for people of our nationality.
    Makes sense

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-03-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,636
    Given: 40

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Feiichy View Post
    My ancestors came to town of Dubica from Hungary, it is written in local books. They came after Ottoman army retreated from Panonnia.
    I couldn't be more proud about their warrior heritage. My grand-grandfather served Austro-Hungarian army in Galicia during entire WW1, and he was only muslim officer in his entire unit.

After the war he didn't take advantage of his medals and went to Austria (as he spoke fluent German), but decided to live in povetry since Yugoslav Monarchy took lands off entire muslim nobility.
    He wouldn't get any truth be told even without that, as his father made him persona non grata after marrying Catholic Croat girl.
    My ancestors fight against Ottomans in Venetian service in late 17th and early 18th century. One of them died in fight against Ottomans in 1693. His son participated in Sinj battle against Ottomans in 1715, he survived battle.

In WW1, my great-great-grandfather as Austro-Hungarian soldiers was sented on Serbia. On Cer battle in 1914 he escaped on Serbian side, he survived war.
    Brother of my other great-great-grandfather as AH soldiers fight against Italians in Tyrol. Italians captured him and sented on Sicily, where he spend some period as prisoner. He also survived war.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

By the way, most of Bosnian peasant have always been majority Catholic (and minority orthodox in east Bosnia). Bogomislim Christian sect was spread among nobility.
    Hungarian crusade was actually war of conquest masked as fight against heretics.
    Catholicism came to Bosnia in 13th century with Francicsans. First Catholics were Saxon miners who settled in Bosnia also in 13th century, later in 14th and 15th century same natives adopted Catholicism. Read "Razvoj duhovnog života u Bosni pod uticajem turske vladavine" of Ivo Andrić who was Bosnian Catholic.
    Here I think on central and eastern Bosnia, not on western Bosnia which was short period part of Bosnia in the middle age and most western part was never part of medieval Bosnia.

Last Online
    01-12-2023 @ 10:50 PM
    Ethnicity
    Euro-mutt
    Ancestry
    European (North, South, East, and West).
    Country
    United States
    mtDNA
    U5b2c
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,985
    Given: 783

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sche View Post
    I never thought of it that way, but I agree.
    "Tainted souls who try to purify themselves with blood are like the man who steps in filth and thinks to bathe in sewage."
    - Heraclitus

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Catholicism came to Bosnia in 13th century with Francicsans. First Catholics were Saxon miners who settled in Bosnia also in 13th century, later in 14th and 15th century same natives adopted Catholicism. Read "Razvoj duhovnog života u Bosni pod uticajem turske vladavine" of Ivo Andrić who was Bosnian Catholic.
    Here I think on central and eastern Bosnia, not on western Bosnia which was short period part of Bosnia in the middle age and most western part was never part of medieval Bosnia.
    Well, it was western Christian before Catholic. West-East Christianity division was on modern Bosnia-Serbia border, where Roman Empire split in two parts as well.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Well, it was western Christian before Catholic. West-East Christianity division was on modern Bosnia-Serbia border, where Roman Empire split in two parts as well.
    Catholic Serbs in eastern part of medieval Bosnia?

In eastern Bosnia only medieval Catholics were Saxon miners. Part of them migrated from Bosnia when Ottomans came and part were absorbed by local muslims and Orthodox Serbs in Ottoman period.

Conversion on Catholicism by locals in period of about 150 years before Ottomans was in central Bosnia, where Bogomil movement was the strongest.
    Bogomil movement lost on importance in late 14th century. When Ottomans conquered eastern/central Bosnia in 1463 number of Bogomil was low, they mostly Converted on Islam and some escaped in Herzegovina and became Orthodox (Herzegovina fell in 1482).
    King Tvtko was crowned in Serbian Orthodox monastery Mileševa in 1377, if he was Catholic or Bogomil that would not be possible.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Catholic Serbs in eastern part of medieval Bosnia?

In eastern Bosnia only medieval Catholics were Saxon miners. Part of them migrated from Bosnia when Ottomans came and part were absorbed by local muslims and Orthodox Serbs in Ottoman period.

Conversion on Catholicism by locals in period of about 150 years before Ottomans was in central Bosnia, where Bogomil movement was the strongest.
    Bogomil movement lost on importance in late 14th century. When Ottomans conquered eastern/central Bosnia in 1463 number of Bogomil was low, they mostly Converted on Islam and some escaped in Herzegovina and became Orthodox (Herzegovina fell in 1482).
    King Tvtko was crowned in Serbian Orthodox monastery Mileševa in 1377, if he was Catholic or Bogomil that would not be possible.
    ??

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread Information