Veteran Member XenophobicPrussian's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-09-2022 @ 08:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Baltic
    Ethnicity
    50% German, 50% Polish
    Ancestry
    Mostly north-east German, Polish, some Anglo-Canadian/English and Lithuanian.
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1b, I1 or bust
    mtDNA
    H1, H3, U5 or bust
    Taxonomy
    Oberkasselid(depigmented female Australoid)
    Politics
    NW-Euro Theodor Herzlism
    Hero
    I sexually identify as Jared Taylor
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,075
    Given: 1,717

31 Not allowed!

Default XP's Europe-wide pigmentation study

Well, the deed is finally done.

Months in the making, I present my own Europe-wide hair pigmentation study. Can't remember when I started it exactly, shortly after The Blade released his England pigmentation study which inspired me. Took so long because I was only working on it one day a week, and I did actually take it seriously, even went back to re-do some countries I cared less about because I kind of rushed them more than countries I cared more about when I first started. Decided to make my own because

a) there's no solid numbers on actual blondism anywhere, blonde hair is so rare in most of Europe people just consider anything lighter than the average as blonde

b) most studies that span multiple ethnicites or are Europe-wide compile various nation/ethnicity specific studies done by various different anthropologists, this is extremely flawed because each anthropologist has their own definitions of hair colour and methodology regardless of what terms they use or if they use the Fischer-Saller scale(which is also extremely flawed anyway), see: (same exact Fischer scale numbers, two completely different results for Norway/Denmark vs Sweden with 2 different people, and obviously anyone with half a brain knows Sweden is not actually near 20% blonder than Denmark/Norway)
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...72497318303387(scroll down to Table 2: Hair Color prevelence in Europe, these are all different professionally done studies and look how different the results are, way outside margin of error numbers), you need the same person to do all ethnicities

c) there is a study like this done, the one by former Apricity user ToeKneeHwin, but I'm fairly certain he didn't account for lighting in photos, which is extremely important, as hair colour can look completely different depending on the lighting in the background, and one needs to be able to distinguish actual hair colour from sun/lighting reflection. There's also the issue with there isn't much info about it, like sample size, etc. It's a good study and the differences between populations are likely correct but I wanted more proper numbers, and actual blondism numbers.

Most of you here probably know me, and know I have my certain views on various different European groups, which therefore might make me not the best candidate to do something like this because of bias. I mean, there's literally nothing I can say other than believe these numbers and my methodology if you want, don't believe them if you want. The main motivation for doing this was to know for myself, me releasing these numbers or even revealing I did this autistic shit is just an extra and because I knew a few people here are really interested in pigmentation differences. I'll be honest and say really the main reason I did this was because I was curious about southern/central Germanic population pigmentation as it compares to NE Slav pigmentation and latitude, that's really about it. No point to prove, just wanted to find out for myself. I can't find actually find out if I lie to myself. Subconscious bias is a thing but that's for low IQ/impulse control people. If I was going to fake or massage numbers I certainly would've gone with something more straight forward like Finland being the lightest and fucking S. Italians not being lighter than Iberians.

Also, apologies to the people who knew this was coming for the delays, and apologies to the Portuguese, Macedonians, Moldovans, etc. for not doing your countries. Portugal I wanted to do but it was just undoable because apparently like the Swiss, French and Belgians, Portuguese athletes don't exist anymore and have been completely taken over by foreigners(specifically Brazilians/Africans, mostly Balkanites in the case of the Swiss), it would've been a sample size of like 40 which is meaningless. The rest I just didn't care enough to do, just use neighbouring country numbers to determine your's.

One more thing, remember that differences between populations are the main point of pigmentation studies, not total %, which is subjective, while differences, if done properly using the same criteria for everyone, is not subjective. Any questions, comments, concerns welcome, positive or negative, I'll try to address them.

Anyway, onto the study

Few random thoughts/comments:
    Spoiler!

Methodology:

Spoiler!

Sources:

Spoiler!

Example of Raw Data:(PM or post if you want any others, and if anyone wants to do more Italy regional numbers and is willing to do a tiny bit of work, have at it, as I have no plans to publish them, the labels should be fairly obvious, the less obvious ones being NWA = North-West Alps, SD = Sardinia, T = Tuscany, SC = South Central, Naples area, all of them except strictly Alpine areas and Sardinia have good N size, also don't try to guess what the other category initials stand for )

Spoiler!

Confidence rating for each category:
    Spoiler!

and a little something extra.. Thought I may as well do certain phenotypes I was curious about while I'm tallying up hair colour. There's more numbers on this(other phenotype spectrums, including passing outside Europe, for example 2.7% of Finns pass better outside Europe or atleast among 50%+ Mongoloid groups in the European Ural areas), more on that later in a later thread as this will probably be more controversial.

Other XP autism:

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...and-modern-HG)

that's gunna have to be a yikes from me dawg..
    The Guanche skulls as a whole are unlike those of modern European Mediterraneans, and resemble northern European series most closely, especially those in which a brachycephalic element is present, as in Burgundian and Alemanni series.
    divided them into clearly differentiated types, which include a Mediterranean, a Nordic, a "Guanche," and an Alpine. The "Guanche" accounts for 50 per cent of the whole on the four islands of Teneriffe, Gomera, Gran Canaria, and Hierro; the Nordic for 31 per cent, the Mediterranean for 13 per cent, and the Alpine
    oldschool anthropology

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic+Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Irish, British, Norwegian, a little French
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Stockholm
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21
    mtDNA
    U5a1a1b
    Hero
    David Attenborough
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,673
    Given: 1,433

4 Not allowed!

I have absolutely no idea how long it took you to compile all of this (and how you didn't go insane doing it), but great job. Was an interesting read.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    me
    Country
    European Union
    Y-DNA
    R1a > YP1337 > R-BY160486*
    mtDNA
    H3*
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,243
    Given: 2,623

1 Not allowed!

You really used only footballers?

I must tell you that according to Polish last big anthropometric survey (1956-1957) light spectrum (A-Q and red shades) for Poland is exactly 29.7% for men
    https://antropologia-fizyczna.pl/sta...ci-polski-1965

Be honest you checked this website?

K36 Ancestral Report and Chromosomal Analysis / G25 Maps
    https://www.lm-genetics.com

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-21-2023 @ 06:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    French
    Ancestry
    France, Italy, Switzerland
    Country
    France
    Region
    Val d'Aosta
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,343
    Given: 3,478

0 Not allowed!

However when you think darker for Calabria it's true only for S.Calabria. Cosentians are light on par with Apulians. All my calabrian family is quite fair in pigmentation (Type II) with some type III and also somewhat in hair color (although less than skin). There are also Atlantid looking people.
    Last edited by Samnium; 10-18-2019 at 09:36 PM.

"Allobroges vaillants ! Dans vos vertes campagnes,
    Accordez-moi toujours asile et sűreté,
    Car j'aime ŕ respirer l'air pur de vos montagnes,
    Je suis la Liberté ! la Liberté !"

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    French
    Ancestry
    Country
    France
    Region
    Val d'Aosta
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

To add to this Naples is not particuliarly more northern-shifted, actually Campania has results with really high MENA, at the same percentage that Sicilians.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    me
    Country
    European Union
    Y-DNA
    R1a > YP1337 > R-BY160486*
    mtDNA
    H3*
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,243
    Given: 2,623

0 Not allowed!

But usual bullshit about Czech lightness must be replicated again.

Here are statistic of Czech anthropologist (Tronicek) from 1968. Average hair color in regions using Fischer-Saller scale.

Veteran Member XenophobicPrussian's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-09-2022 @ 08:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Baltic
    Ethnicity
    50% German, 50% Polish
    Ancestry
    Mostly north-east German, Polish, some Anglo-Canadian/English and Lithuanian.
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1b, I1 or bust
    mtDNA
    H1, H3, U5 or bust
    Taxonomy
    Oberkasselid(depigmented female Australoid)
    Politics
    NW-Euro Theodor Herzlism
    Hero
    I sexually identify as Jared Taylor
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,075
    Given: 1,717

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    You really used only footballers?

I must tell you that according to Polish last big anthropometric survey (1956-1957) light spectrum (A-Q and red shades) for Poland is exactly 29.7% for men
    https://antropologia-fizyczna.pl/sta...ci-polski-1965

Be honest you checked this website?

Except for Latvians, I supplemented with basketball players because there were so few Latvian footballers, and nope, you can count for yourself if you have the will power lol. https://fmdataba.com/19/l/37/ekstraklasa/best-players/(all teams near the bottom)

As for Czechs, you could try to do your own study for Poles vs Czechs, I'd even review the results for you because I'm curious about it myself, I'm not the first person who has claimed Czechs are lighter haired(Poles are lighter eyed). There's no point of posting those random Czech numbers by an anthropologist without posting Polish numbers from the exact same anthropologist.
    The Guanche skulls as a whole are unlike those of modern European Mediterraneans, and resemble northern European series most closely, especially those in which a brachycephalic element is present, as in Burgundian and Alemanni series.
    divided them into clearly differentiated types, which include a Mediterranean, a Nordic, a "Guanche," and an Alpine. The "Guanche" accounts for 50 per cent of the whole on the four islands of Teneriffe, Gomera, Gran Canaria, and Hierro; the Nordic for 31 per cent, the Mediterranean for 13 per cent, and the Alpine
    oldschool anthropology

Last Online
    03-25-2024 @ 05:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Slovenian
    Country
    New Zealand
    Politics
    Right wing
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,196
    Given: 677

0 Not allowed!

Appreciate the work. Numbers fit with ToeKneeHwin to a surprising degree: (More evidence he didn't just make it up like some claim)

Just like TNH

-Strong correlation of blondism with Germanicism
    -Baltics noticeably darker than Scandinavia
    -Ottoman part of Balkans darker than Spain (fits with genetics)
    -Czechs Blonder than Poles, Austrians much blonder than Slovenians
    -Small difference between East slavs (there are few geographic barriers in EE)
    -High drop from Ukraine to Romania and Slovakia to Hungary

Light hair numbers correlate almost perfectly with his "blonde" numbers, Medium/Light hair correlates very well with his "light hair"

Except in few cases like Scots being lighter than English and Belgians being so close to Germans. Perhaps the former was because TNH counted red-blonds under reds while you under blond.

The only thing I find strange is Albania. If you ask me they are darker than Serbs. On the other hand Coon's map does show them lighter so who knows...

If you can give me the link for your Slovenian sample, I can distinguish Slo from Ex-Yugo

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    French
    Ancestry
    Country
    France
    Region
    Val d'Aosta
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

However in my opinion Atlanto-Med is a very med phenotype, I don't know why you excluded from the med spectrum.

The intermediate is Atlantid not Atlanto-Med.

Last Online
    01-30-2024 @ 12:44 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    White
    Ethnicity
    Roma
    Ancestry
    Mustalainen/Finnish Gypsie
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Roma
    Taxonomy
    East-Baltid+Gracile Indid
    Hero
    Mortimer
    Relationship Status
    I am single girls
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,722
    Given: 2,806

2 Not allowed!

Light hair is way higher in Sweden atleast if you only count with Swedes. Swedes are atleast 75% or 80% Blond and lightbrown haired.

Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information