Dalo-Faelid\Sub-Nordid
    Politics
    Phenotype positivity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,095
    Given: 10,128

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Supercomputer View Post
    But medium/Light hair map doesn't show this and is actually more "logical" and consistent with latitude than pure blond hair numbers especially in Eastern Europe. Interesting how light hair and blond hair don't correlate very well and East Europeans seem to express their "Blondness" more with absence of dark hair rather than the presence of pure blonds which seem to be more of a Germanic trait. If you just look at the blond hair map, you would find it strange that Austrians are really lighter than Lithuanians, but once you see the total light hair it makes more sense.
    I was talking about higher presense of light blonds among Ukrainians compared to Belarussians and Russians.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nurzat View Post
    Romania:0% blondism - true
    Blond hair in Romania is 2.4% according to this.

Last Online
    03-25-2024 @ 05:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Slovenian
    Country
    New Zealand
    Politics
    Right wing
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,196
    Given: 677

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Not a Cop View Post
    I was talking about higher presense of light blonds among Ukrainians compared to Belarussians and Russians.
    Yeah I know. I'm just saying if you take account at all the data Russians are still lighter haired. ToeKneeHwin also found them basically equal in term of blond hair just like XP suggesting there isn't much difference between Russian and Ukrainians in terms of blonds

Last Online
    04-22-2024 @ 12:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    NE Europe+Crusader
    Country
    Russia
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a
    mtDNA
    U5b1e
    Taxonomy
    Dalo-Faelid\Sub-Nordid
    Politics
    Phenotype positivity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,095
    Given: 10,128

0 Not allowed!

Yeah I know. I'm just saying if you take account at all the data Russians are still lighter haired. ToeKneeHwin also found them basically equal in term of blond hair just like XP suggesting there isn't much difference between Russian and Ukrainians in terms of blonds
    Well that's exactly what surprised me.

Veteran Member XenophobicPrussian's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-09-2022 @ 08:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Baltic
    Ethnicity
    50% German, 50% Polish
    Ancestry
    Mostly north-east German, Polish, some Anglo-Canadian/English and Lithuanian.
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1b, I1 or bust
    mtDNA
    H1, H3, U5 or bust
    Taxonomy
    Oberkasselid(depigmented female Australoid)
    Politics
    NW-Euro Theodor Herzlism
    Hero
    I sexually identify as Jared Taylor
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,075
    Given: 1,717

2 Not allowed!

Appreciate the work. Numbers fit with ToeKneeHwin to a surprising degree: (More evidence he didn't just make it up like some claim)

Just like TNH

-Strong correlation of blondism with Germanicism
    -Baltics noticeably darker than Scandinavia
    -Ottoman part of Balkans darker than Spain (fits with genetics)
    -Czechs Blonder than Poles, Austrians much blonder than Slovenians
    -Small difference between East slavs (there are few geographic barriers in EE)
    -High drop from Ukraine to Romania and Slovakia to Hungary

Light hair numbers correlate almost perfectly with his "blonde" numbers, Medium/Light hair correlates very well with his "light hair"

Except in few cases like Scots being lighter than English and Belgians being so close to Germans. Perhaps the former was because TNH counted red-blonds under reds while you under blond.

The only thing I find strange is Albania. If you ask me they are darker than Serbs. On the other hand Coon's map does show them lighter so who knows...

If you can give me the link for your Slovenian sample, I can distinguish Slo from Ex-Yugo
    https://fmdataba.com/19/n/171/slovenia/best-players/(first 6 pages)
    (already knew to take Josip Ililic out, born in Bosnia) I'll do new pigmentation on them if you specify which to take out and post it here, although won't update the maps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pansarkamrat View Post
    Light hair is way higher in Sweden atleast if you only count with Swedes. Swedes are atleast 75% or 80% Blond and lightbrown haired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    Ok in your methodology they were lighter. But I'm very sceptical for usefulness of photography to estimation of hair color.

For example me when I was in school. On first photo I was looking light or medium brown, on second very light (and it was taken year or two years later). In fact I was in the middle between those two images, on second photo must be strong sunlight. Now I'm much darker btw.
    So how many times you saw such images with not proper lightning conditions?
    I answered that in the op, there was quite a few cases where I switched opinion of the hair colour of a person after looking at multiple photos, that's why I looked at multiple photos. By multiple photos I mean like 20+, looking at what shows up in the majority in Google images. Another example from what I already gave in the OP would be Samuel Larsson, on his source page picture he looked clearly light brown to me, so as per my methodology that meant googling his name to make sure, and he turned out a clear dark blonde. Your point is one of the main reasons I wanted to do my own study.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ymyyakhtakh View Post
    I think often what makes hair look dark blonde rather than light brown is not that it looks "yellow", but rather that it looks desaturated. There is also a continuum between red hair and non-red hair, so that many people who have non-red hair still have hair that looks semi-red, which is another factor that makes some people's hair look more brown rather than blonde.

The photos below are of players in the Swedish top-level and second-level men's football leagues. They represent different examples of dark blonde or light brown hair, or in some cases medium-blonde, medium-brown, or red hair. Based on outdoor pics, I would classify most of the players as having blonde hair, but the players whose hair looks more brown than blonde often also have hair that looks either less desaturated or more reddish.

and above(no offense) is exactly why I wanted to do this study to have proper, non-massaged numbers, many people can't tell the difference between light reflection and actual hair colour. I can see how in the middle of summer you'd think Swedes are 80% light haired(referring to Pansar here), but you are mistaking light reflection for actual hair colour. It's not like I'm not the only one with this definition of blonde, we have different definitions of medium brown but I pretty much have the same as The Blade and anthropologists like Palsson for blonde, I was getting almost exactly the same blonde% numbers as him before he even released a country(save for when we got to Bulgaria, not sure what happened there, one of us must've had to have switched our methodology and I'm sure as heck it wasn't me).
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blade View Post
    Great to see you publish this work of yours, my friend! Last map is very interesting.
    As I understand, it excludes not just Nordo-Med (Atlantid) but the pure Atlanto-Med, too, otherwise results for many states would have been higher.
    Thanks. Yes it excludes Atlanto-Med(and Alpinized Atlanto-Meds, Dinarids, Gorids, all which imo are part of the same phenotype spectrum and came from the same populations), I consider that spectrum to be intermediary(peaks in Iberia and Balkans which are not pure southern Europeans). Atlantids(again, imo) peak in Ireland/Wales, not France/Iberia, which are as genetically European as Scandinavians, Atlantids I consider a reduced Euro-HG type(reduced paleo-Atlantid pretty much), not a mix between Meds and Nordics.

I'm guessing you're going to disagree with a lot of my numbers, not sure what happened between mine and your Bulgaria numbers as our other blondism numbers were pretty similar, not sure gypsies as a whole can explain most of the difference, but regardless I still highly respect your work and look more countries you're doing to be released. I'm particularly interested to see how our Germanic vs Slavic % differences compare.
    Quote Originally Posted by savvas View Post
    Eye color?
    No need, it isn't as subjective as hair colour. ToeKneeHwin's and Supercomputer's eye colour studies are already the gold standard and go along with what I've personally noticed, like Irish/Slavs being darker haired but being far more light eyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurzat View Post
    Romania:

0% blondism - true
    4% light hair - true (not black, not dark brown)

actually Romanians call light brown to be blond, which shows Romanians are a Mediterranean nation recently displaced north
    2.4% blonde, 14% not black not dark brown, and that's including gypsies(although remember gypsies make up max 10% of the population, maybe a tiny bit more overrepresented in football). Romania and Slovakia actually had the only straight up Indian looking people, potential gypsies in other countries seemed to be more mixed and probably by today look like Kurds.
    Quote Originally Posted by savvas View Post
    Nope, it's just the lighting. Most of these men are definitely blonde, ex. the first row (7/8, all except number 3):

Spoiler!
    Again, this is why I felt the need to do this study lol, and no offense but I don't put much value on what southern Europeans consider blonde after so many times on this forum I've seen a southern Euro call clearly brown hair blonde. I mean to be fair, most anthropologists agreed with your definition, all the old studies have absolutely ridiculously high numbers, but most were from countries without a lot of blondism too. You need a person who's actually lived in a high blondism % population to know what blondism is, I remember asking a Danish friend if the majority of Danish chicks were blonde and he answered me like I was crazy. Yes, it's just the lighting, that's exactly why he isn't blonde. Why'd you pick the hair colour that shows up in the minority of photos?

Majority of Tommy Thelin photos:

Nearly every photo of his shows him with hair like that, he has 2-3 that shows him as clearly blonde and he should be counted as blonde? Doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a Cop View Post
    Great job!

My two cents:

1. As i said pigmentation of Russians is most similar to Britons out of Western Europeans.

2. Higher blondness of Ukrainians seems to dubious, probably is a result of sample size.

3. Similary i find it hard to find 0,6% of truly red heads in Russia prob also due to sample size.

4. Russian clubs are top-tier thus mostly nation-wide, i guess i could do something with more local clubs from smaller cities.

5. As for Pskov it was torn down to pieces, in 1944 there was only 143 inhabitans left (yes, i have not missed a zero or two). Similar, but not the same happened to Pskov oblast. So a lot of population movement happened, i would even bet that less than half of current Pskovians are of local origin, so i guess we will not be able to determine the rightness of old anthropologists.

Edit: Found a mostly Pskovian football team: https://www.transfermarkt.ru/pskov-7...on/verein/6419

Seems like you have infested me with this autism, prob gonna do a study on Russia.
    Thanks. I would rather guess higher Ukrainian blondness is due to the oversampling of Moscow/St. Petersburg teams in Russia(you can see where the teams were from in the sources spoiler, I wanted a high sample size for Russia but also only keeping it in the core ethnic Russian area), capitals are usually darker than the rest of the country, pretty sure that Russian anthropologist who you've posted the works of before also found Moscow to be darker. Russia was technically even more red headed than Germany so the problem isn't sample size but more likely my definition of red. and yes, your 4th point is a good one, but you will have a hard time finding a lot of pics imo and multiple pics for each person for the smaller leagues.
    But medium/Light hair map doesn't show this and is actually more "logical" and consistent with latitude than pure blond hair numbers especially in Eastern Europe. Interesting how light hair and blond hair don't correlate very well and East Europeans seem to express their "Blondness" more with absence of dark hair rather than the presence of pure blonds which seem to be more of a Germanic trait. If you just look at the blond hair map, you would find it strange that Austrians are really lighter than Lithuanians, but once you see the total light hair it makes more sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristiano viejo View Post
    God job. You really love anthropology.
    Did you use Canarians for the Spanish? I guess you did.
    Thanks. I used all teams participating in Spanish second Liga, usually teams will be representative of the country's population, i.e. more teams around Madrid. Even though Spain might not be the lightest S. Euro country, it was by far the most Atlanto-Med+ and Atlantid+ in Southern Europe south of Croatia.
    Last edited by XenophobicPrussian; 10-20-2019 at 12:44 AM.
    The Guanche skulls as a whole are unlike those of modern European Mediterraneans, and resemble northern European series most closely, especially those in which a brachycephalic element is present, as in Burgundian and Alemanni series.
    divided them into clearly differentiated types, which include a Mediterranean, a Nordic, a "Guanche," and an Alpine. The "Guanche" accounts for 50 per cent of the whole on the four islands of Teneriffe, Gomera, Gran Canaria, and Hierro; the Nordic for 31 per cent, the Mediterranean for 13 per cent, and the Alpine
    oldschool anthropology

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Baltic
    Ethnicity
    50% German, 50% Polish
    Ancestry
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1b, I1 or bust
    mtDNA
    H1, H3, U5 or bust
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    NW-Euro Theodor Herzlism
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Appreciate the work. Numbers fit with ToeKneeHwin to a surprising degree: (More evidence he didn't just make it up like some claim)

Just like TNH

-Strong correlation of blondism with Germanicism
    -Baltics noticeably darker than Scandinavia
    -Ottoman part of Balkans darker than Spain (fits with genetics)
    -Czechs Blonder than Poles, Austrians much blonder than Slovenians
    -Small difference between East slavs (there are few geographic barriers in EE)
    -High drop from Ukraine to Romania and Slovakia to Hungary

Light hair numbers correlate almost perfectly with his "blonde" numbers, Medium/Light hair correlates very well with his "light hair"

Except in few cases like Scots being lighter than English and Belgians being so close to Germans. Perhaps the former was because TNH counted red-blonds under reds while you under blond.

The only thing I find strange is Albania. If you ask me they are darker than Serbs. On the other hand Coon's map does show them lighter so who knows...

If you can give me the link for your Slovenian sample, I can distinguish Slo from Ex-Yugo
    Thanks. I also doubt they're lighter. Again, Albania has like what, <1% Gypsy population, Serbia has nearing 10%, but there was no way for me to take out Gypsies without the study losing integrity imo. They are probably not too far off from eachother though, Albania and Serbia, but ethnic Serbians should be lighter.
    The Guanche skulls as a whole are unlike those of modern European Mediterraneans, and resemble northern European series most closely, especially those in which a brachycephalic element is present, as in Burgundian and Alemanni series.
    divided them into clearly differentiated types, which include a Mediterranean, a Nordic, a "Guanche," and an Alpine. The "Guanche" accounts for 50 per cent of the whole on the four islands of Teneriffe, Gomera, Gran Canaria, and Hierro; the Nordic for 31 per cent, the Mediterranean for 13 per cent, and the Alpine
    oldschool anthropology

Companhia dos Leões da Beira
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21
    mtDNA
    H15
    Religion
    Cultural Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,183
    Given: 16,899

1 Not allowed!

Too bad that Portugal was not included. You would have to look for the Portuguese Rugby League or Roller Hockey instead to not have such a hard time finding ethnic players, ninety or so per cent are still natives.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...ese+rugby+team

Anyway, you did Spain so I can have more or less an estimate.
    YDNA: R1b-L21 > DF13 > S1051 > FGC17906 > FGC17907 > FGC17866

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Baltic
    Ethnicity
    50% German, 50% Polish
    Ancestry
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1b, I1 or bust
    mtDNA
    H1, H3, U5 or bust
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    NW-Euro Theodor Herzlism
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas View Post
    Too bad that Portugal was not included. You would have to look for the Portuguese Rugby League or Roller Hockey instead to not have such a hard time finding ethnic players, ninety or so per cent are still natives.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...ese+rugby+team

Anyway, you did Spain so I can have more or less an estimate.
    If you want to PM me a list of the names of all those players in the same order they're posted there I'm willing to do them, although it'd only be a sample size of 44 which will have a huge margin of error(I started out with around 100 for most countries at first, some results changed drastically once I got them in the multiple hundreds), but if you still want it I can do it. If you have any more and are willing to do the same I'm willing to do those as well, although don't send me like 200 lol.
    oldschool anthropology

Last Online
    03-25-2024 @ 05:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Slovenian
    Country
    New Zealand
    Politics
    Right wing
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,196
    Given: 677

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by XenophobicPrussian View Post
    https://fmdataba.com/19/n/171/slovenia/best-players/(first 6 pages)
    (already knew to take Josip Ililic out, born in Bosnia) I'll do new pigmentation on them if you specify which to take out and post it here, although won't update the maps.
    This is just a quick look at names that aren't Slovenian and probably isn't a perfect list. Someone like Alenka might correct me on this one.

2. Samir Handanovic
    9. Jasmin Kurtic
    18. Bojan Jokic
    28. Petar Stojanovic
    31. Sinisa Andjelkovic
    33. Jon Stankovic
    35. Luka Zahovic
    41 Jasmin Handanovic
    47 Armin Bacinovic
    50 Dejan Petrovic
    55 Nemanja Mitrovic
    62 Egzon Kryeziu
    67 Zlatko Dedic
    70 Damjan Vuklisevic
    75 Denis Popovic
    80 Aleksander Rajcevic
    82 Miral Samardzic
    84 Aleksander Rajcevic
    85 Maks Barisic
    87 David Tijanic
    91 Milan Tucic
    107 Amir Dervisevic
    113 Nebojsa Kovacevic
    123 Dalibor Stevanovic
    124 Adis Hodzic
    129 Dejan Lazarevic
    131 Haris Vuckic
    134 Dusan Stojinovic
    137 Luka Susnjara
    150 Dino Martinovic
    151 Boban Jovic
    154 Goran Cvijanovic
    160 Damir Hadzic
    161 Aris Zarifovic
    169 Dalibor Volas
    189 Damjan Trifkovic
    191 Haris Kadric
    192 Denis Grbic
    202 Slobodan Vuk
    213 Nermin Haljeta
    227 Amel Dzuzdanovic
    237 Marko Ranilovic
    239 Elvis Dzafic
    252 Mitja Zatkovic
    256 Adnan Hajdarevic
    258 Marko Gajic
    265 Dejan Djermanovic
    269 Ivica Guberac

I noticed that players change their numbers if you reload the page, so you should go by the name rather than number.

Just by the glance, I'd say Croatia also has several Muslim and Serbian names, I'm less confident at distinguishing them.

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information