View Poll Results: Was Serbian behaviour in the 1990's really much worse than Israeli behaviour from 1948 up to now?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 15.00%
  • No

11 55.00%
  • Depends on the perspective

2 10.00%
  • Serbia probably killed the same number of people in five years as Israel has in five decades

4 20.00%
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Was Serbian behaviour in the 1990's really much worse than Israeli behaviour from 1948 up to now?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,236
    Given: 43,780

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Feiichy View Post
    So ? Why don't you apply same to the Ustaše for example, or SS ? They were bastards, but so were their enemies. Do you like it ?
    I bet you don't.

In those wars Serbia was agressor. And when one side is agressor it deserves to be held as no.1 problem.
    Serbia was the primary aggressor, but that isn't the same thing as saying it was the only aggressor and the others acted entirely in self-defence.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    That is croatian propaganda that serbs are like Hitler. Which is not true at all. The serbs didnt want to exterminate croatians or even put them under subjugation. The serbs fought for land just like everyone else during that process they made war with the others and killed them. I met many croats, hungarians, albanians under Milosevic in Serbia married to serbian women and doing their business as usuall, no genocide, concentration camp etc. Sorry.
    There were concentration camps in Vojvodina where Croatian POWs were taken after battle of Vukovar.
    In Bosnia Bosnian Serbs held rape camps for captive muslim women.

During war in Bosnia Bosniaks had to wear marking on their sleeve in some towns under Serb control, does that ring a bell ?

Without accepting your guilt there will be no reconcilliation and trying to make other side seem equally guilty as yours will not help.
    I did not search for excuses when it came to genocide of Serbs during ww2 by my people, I recognize it and it's our responsibility.
    I didn't try to make it less bad by comparing with less numerous genocide carried out by Serbs during that same war (eastern Bosnia vs muslims).

In WW2 we were bad guys. And in last one you were, not us, not bosniaks, but you.
    I consider you Serb because you are spreading their propaganda.

I have mastered chakra and can also do romjutsu
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 07:00 AM
    Ethnicity
    Southasian Hunter-Gatherer
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,177
    Given: 58,945

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Feiichy View Post
    There were concentration camps in Vojvodina where Croatian POWs were taken after battle of Vukovar.
    In Bosnia Bosnian Serbs held rape camps for captive muslim women.

During war in Bosnia Bosniaks had to wear marking on their sleeve in some towns under Serb control, does that ring a bell ?

Without accepting your guilt there will be no reconcilliation and trying to make other side seem equally guilty as yours will not help.
    I did not search for excuses when it came to genocide of Serbs during ww2 by my people, I recognize it and it's our responsibility.
    I didn't try to make it less bad by comparing with less numerous genocide carried out by Serbs during that same war (eastern Bosnia vs muslims).

In WW2 we were bad guys. And in last one you were, not us, not bosniaks, but you.
    I consider you Serb because you are spreading their propaganda.
    I didnt noticed that but maybe it is true. But I know JNA soldier of that time who was in a ustasha concentration camp and they tortured him. So imprisoned POWs probably serbs did that too. But I didnt noticed in Serbia genocidal laws and such like Hitler did. If Serbs were truly like Hitler, I wouldnt exist too as Im not a pure ethnic serb.
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    then you must be some kind of wizzard who has lightning in his eyes - Balkanforum user Cobra about Mortimer
    Only a Sinti and Roma who has gained the power of the wheel can do it. - In conversation with the Balkanforum user Axer

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Serbia was the primary aggressor, but that isn't the same thing as saying it was the only aggressor and the others acted entirely in self-defence.
    What you are trying to do is split the guilt equally among all sides for 90s war but you are not doing it for WW2. Or any war, for that matter.
    Why are some people here eager to defend Serb crimes in 90s but not eager to defend Croat crimes from 40s?

Oh, I know why.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I didnt noticed that but maybe it is true. But I know JNA soldier of that time who was in a ustasha concentration camp and they tortured him. So imprisoned POWs probably serbs did that too. But I didnt noticed in Serbia genocidal laws and such like Hitler did. If Serbs were truly like Hitler, I wouldnt exist too as Im not a pure ethnic serb.
    You haven't heard of Trnopolje?

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

You haven't heard of Trnopolje?
    No what is that?
    then you must be some kind of wizzard who has lightning in his eyes - Balkanforum user Cobra about Mortimer
    Only a Sinti and Roma who has gained the power of the wheel can do it. - In conversation with the Balkanforum user Axer

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Wife of Ante Pavelić had Jewish roots as did one of most notorious Ustaše Dido Kvaternik.
    They loved Jews very much indeeed....
    Last edited by Jana; 10-27-2019 at 12:22 AM.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

No what is that?
    It was a major concentration camp ran by Serbs in Bosnia, where lots of men were starved, beaten and in some cases killed.

EDIT: Omarska was the other major one.
    Last edited by Tooting Carmen; 10-27-2019 at 12:31 AM.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

It was a major concentration camp ran by Serbs in Bosnia, where lots of men were starved, beaten and in some cases killed.
    I see. Yeah thats terrible. But I think it is not like Nazi concentration camps a system of many concentration camps created for quick extermination of all bosniaks. But it is still savage. There is Srebrenica but there is also Kravica. I heard a serb saying "Noz Zica Srebrenica" and a Bosniak said "Noz Zica Kravica". The Bosniaks and also many foreign terrorists arabs and such and iranians raped serbian women. I heard of stories on TV serbian TV of serbian rape victims in bosniak prison camps.

Last Online
    02-24-2024 @ 11:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Ancestry
    81.25% Serbian, 12.5% Croatian, 6.25% Romanian
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    G-Y225016
    mtDNA
    H12a*
    Taxonomy
    Pontid + Alpine/Gorid
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,862
    Given: 8,987

1 Not allowed!

In my honest opinion the serbs did nothing what croats or muslims or albanians didnt do. And they all had the same goals, nationalism and ethnostates. Seselj was under Tito in Goli Otak though, that is a prison camp for fascsists later he was in the Milosevic government and they wanted to realise a greater serbia thats true and they commited genocide, war crimes etc. but the croats are also fascist. I remember when the war started all the ustashe turned up with Ante Pavelic pictures etc. The west claimed they are freedom fighters but do you know who was Ante Pavelic?
    No, it was a camp for those labeled as 'politically incorrect'. In those times it usually meant anyone who was harbouring sympathies towards the Soviet Union after the split between Tito and Stalin.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information