Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Ban Anglo-Saxon? The Push to remove Anglo-Saxons from academic discourse

Last Online
    03-07-2024 @ 01:11 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anglo
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic, German, some Jewish
    Ancestry
    Mercia/Northumbria, Westphalia/Baden-Wuttemburg, Mayo/Donegal, Powys, Argyll, Pas-de-Calais, Poland?
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I-L38
    mtDNA
    H3
    Taxonomy
    probably alpine+atlantid/mediterranid
    Politics
    non party affiliated center-right
    Hero
    Vercingetorix, Caratacus, Arminius, Robert the Bruce, Owain Glyndwr, Jan Sobieski III
    Religion
    I feel connected to paganism & my ancestors but am also scientific
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,927
    Given: 2,177

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    I don't think that anyone that knows history or genetics is going to take any heed of people wanting to ban the use of Anglo-Saxon. English ethnicity only came about because of the Anglo-Saxons so are they going to ban the word English? This is all a bit mad really. It's most likely a storm in a teacup. Anyway English will always be "Sassenach" to the Irish which translates to Saxon. They did exist so what next are they going to try and ban?
    They want to ban history, they want to be big brother, they want 1984s Oceania except with Muslims and gays and a people to ashamed to claim their own home from invaders

Banned
    Last Online
    01-06-2021 @ 03:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29,828
    Given: 24,541

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldNorth View Post
    Like I support Israel but the UK is an ethnostate to, for the germano-celtic, Saxons, Brittons, and Gaelo-Picts
    Yeah, but that will not ever happen considering that there are many non-White groups including Jews would fight against such thing. And Israel doesn't give much of a crap about Europe either, so don't bother.
    Last edited by Kamal900; 10-31-2019 at 06:36 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-10-2021 @ 03:09 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    75% Slav, 25% Vlach
    Ethnicity
    50% Ukranian +25% South Polish + 25 Moldovan
    Ancestry
    Ukraine and Moldova
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Alabama
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Gracile Med
    Politics
    What ever suits my level of wealth.
    Hero
    EHG
    Religion
    PALEOISLAMIST
    Relationship Status
    It's complicated
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,992
    Given: 432

0 Not allowed!

I thought this was a troll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,917
    Given: 44,995

3 Not allowed!

Nothing in this sick world surprises me anymore....it is getting worse by the day, because we as a society has pushed God out of our lives, culture and academia. These are all after-effects and the result of rejecting the Christian faith in the West among the elite. So-called "progressive" attitudes. It's going to only get worse, and heading for the culmination event that is getting closer.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,728
    Given: 61,129

1 Not allowed!

Like I support Israel but the UK is an ethnostate to, for the germano-celtic, Saxons, Brittons, and Gaelo-Picts
    LOL. Why would you support Israel ? The country that sends Africans to Sweden, threatens Europe with nuclear obliteration if Israel were to fall and whose "organisations" work day and night to undermine us ?

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,549
    Given: 27,895

1 Not allowed!

the UK is an ethnostate to, for the germano-celtic, Saxons, Brittons, and Gaelo-Picts
    I noticed you used a double T in the word Britons, and I don't know if that's just a typo or whether you think Britons stem from Brittany. I've previously noticed a few posters from outside of Great Britain and Europe who've mistakenly stated that ancient Britons in Great Britain stemmed from Brittany in France - when it's actually the other way around. The ancient Britons didn't come from Brittany in France;- Bretons in Brittany descend from ancient Britons in Great Britain.

The Bretons are a Celtic ethnic group native to historical region Brittany. They trace much of their heritage to groups of Brittonic speakers who emigrated from southwestern Great Britain, particularly Cornwall and Devon, mostly during the Anglo-Saxon invasion of Britain. They migrated in waves from the 3rd to 9th century (most heavily from 450 to 600) into Armorica, which was subsequently named Brittany after them.

The main traditional language of Brittany is Breton (Brezhoneg), spoken in Lower Brittany (i.e. the western part of the peninsula). Breton is spoken by around 206,000 people as of 2013. The other principal minority language of Brittany is Gallo; Gallo is spoken only in Upper Brittany, where Breton is less dominant. As one of the Brittonic languages, Breton is related closely to Cornish and more distantly to Welsh, while the Gallo language is one of the Romance langues d'oïl. Currently, most Bretons' native language is standard French.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bretons
    Armorica or Aremorica is the name given in ancient times to the part of Gaul between the Seine and the Loire that includes the Brittany Peninsula, extending inland to an indeterminate point and down the Atlantic Coast.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armorica
    Toward the end of the 4th century, the Britons of what is now Wales and the South-Western peninsula of Great Britain began to emigrate to Armorica. The history behind such an establishment is unclear, but medieval Breton, Angevin and Welsh sources connect it to a figure known as Conan Meriadoc. Welsh literary sources assert that Conan came to Armorica on the orders of the Roman usurper Magnus Maximus, who sent some of his British troops to Gaul to enforce his claims and settled them in Armorica. This account was supported by the Counts of Anjou, who claimed descent from a Roman soldier expelled from Lower Brittany by Conan on Magnus's orders. Regardless of the truth of this story, Brythonic (British Celtic) settlement probably increased during the Anglo-Saxon invasion of Britain in the 5th and 6th centuries.

Scholars such as Léon Fleuriot have suggested a two-wave model of migration from Britain which saw the emergence of an independent Breton people and established the dominance of the Brythonic Breton language in Armorica. Their petty kingdoms are now known by the names of the French counties that succeeded them—Domnonée (Devon), Cornouaille (Cornwall), Léon (Caerleon); but these names in Breton and Latin are in most cases identical to their British homelands. (In Breton and French, however, Gwened or Vannetais continued the name of the indigenous Veneti.) Although the details remain confused, these colonies consisted of related and intermarried dynasties which repeatedly unified (as by the 7th-century Saint Judicaël) before splintering again according to Celtic inheritance practices.

The area was finally consolidated in the 840s under Nominoe in resistance to Frankish control. Among the immigrant Britons, there were some clergymen who helped the evangelisation of the region, which was still pagan, particularly in rural areas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britta...ion_of_Britons
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 10-31-2019 at 08:06 AM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,549
    Given: 27,895

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007 View Post
    Ban Anglo-Saxon and force top-down Norman aristocracy :

So much for social mobility… 1,000 years after William the Conquerer invaded, you still need a Norman name like Darcy or Percy to get ahead

Prestige of Norman surnames has been unbroken for 27 generations
    Poorer names like Defoe, Ledwell and Rowthorne remained less fortunate
    Findings were revealed by researchers at London School of Economics

By contrast there are some family names whose bearers were poor 150 years ago who are still likely to remain outside the ranks of the wealthy.

Among the poorer surnames - selected by researchers because they are relatively rare and the family line can more easily be traced - are Boorman, Cholmondley, Defoe, Goodhill, Ledwell, Rowthorn, Sidwells and Tonbridge.

The researchers from the London School of Economics, Dr Neil Cummins and Professor Gregory Clark, said the name checks showed that social mobility in England is hardly greater than in medieval times, and that people inherited their social status even more than they inherit their height.
    The researchers from the London School of Economics used 800 years of history to compile their top and bottom 10, above

The researchers from the London School of Economics used 800 years of history to compile their top and bottom ten, above

Dr Cummins said: ‘Just take the names of the Normans who conquered England nearly 1,000 years ago. Surnames such as Baskerville, Darcy, Mandeville and Montgomery are still over-represented at Oxbridge and also among elite occupations such as medicine, law and politics.

‘What is surprising is that between 1800 and 2011 there have been substantial institutional changes in England but no gain in rates of social mobility for society as a whole.’

The study comes at a time of widespread concern about social mobility as large-scale research suggests that those born to less well-off families have had less chance of success since the 1970s.

Much of the blame has been pinned on the education system, with left-wingers attacking universities for failing to admit students from poor backgrounds, while right-wingers say the abolition of the grammar schools cut off the way up for working class children.

The LSE research said that the spread of mass education over the past 150 years has done nothing to break the grip of the longstanding elite on positions of power, and that the same families have been on top despite centuries of religious reformation, civil war, industrial revolution, the growth of democracy and education, and the birth of the welfare state.

Conventional estimates say it takes three to five generations for a wealthy family to fall to the middle ground and a poor family to rise to the same level.

The researchers tested the idea by examining student rolls for Oxford and Cambridge universities going back to 1170, four years after the Norman Conquest.

The two institutions were the only universities in England until 1832 and continue to accept only the best-qualified students.

'There has been modest improvement in social mobility rates between the medieval era and the modern world, with that change occurring around 1800,' the researchers said.

But they added: 'The remarkable status persistence found using Oxbridge attendance as the status measure is found just as strongly with a more general and democratic measure of status such as asset ownership.

'Over the generations there were substantial increases in the rate of taxation of wealth and income, especially after 1910. Yet this did nothing to increase rates of wealth mobility.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rcy-ahead.html

You're a well-known American poster on TA who pretends to be British, lol.

Btw, you keep portraying Normans as being pale skinned gothic men with dyed jet black hair and Halloween make-up on their faces.... (and I'm sure those guys in the pictures you keep posting are talented artists - and that's not the issue,)... but let's be realistic;- here's real and natural pictures of Northern French people from Normandy - who also have blue eyed blonds amongst them too: https://www.google.com/search?q=norm...-znFH_SUcdD7M:

(I'm not a Nordicist who idolises blonds or who thinks that blonds are superior to brunets - but I just get the impression that you think blond people are somehow 'inferior' to brunets - which I disagree with too. I get the notion that you think Northern French people (specifically Normans) are all brunet and 'superior'... but I know for a fact that there's also blond people amongst the Northern French. Also not all Vikings and Germanic people were blond and there's brunets amongst Norse and Germanic peoples too.)

The Normans 'North Man' themselves descend from Germanic and Norse people who settled in Normandy, Northern France, prior to the Norman conquest of England in 1066 after King Harold Godwinson lost his battle against William the Conqueror at the infamous Battle of Hastings in 1066.

(The year 1066 is forever etched onto English peoples minds.... and it's one of the first things I remember learning about during history lessons in my Lady Boswell's Church of England primary school in Sevenoaks, Kent... before my family returned to live in our native Dorset in the West Country. Infants in my schoolclass were taken on school outing trips to visit local historic castles... and I also remember being taken on a school trip as an infant to look at the scene in Hastings where the battles between the Anglo-Saxons and Normans took place.)

The Norse Viking settlers in Normandy adopted a dialect of French which later merged with English following the Norman Conquest, as I explained in more detail in the video I made below in 2012 using various sources for the information which I included in the links below the video.

The Normans took over the aristocracy and upper middle classes of England, and the Normans built the Tower of London and lots of palaces and castles all over England and Wales.

The Normans (Norman: Normaunds; French: Normands; Old Norse: Norðmaðr) are a Germanic ethnic group that arose in Normandy, a northern region of France, from contact between Viking settlers and indigenous Franks and Gallo-Romans.

The settlements in France followed a series of raids on the French coast from Denmark, Norway, and Iceland, and they gained political legitimacy when the Viking leader Rollo agreed to swear fealty to King Charles III of West Francia.

The distinct cultural and ethnic identity of the Normans emerged initially in the first half of the 10th century, and it continued to evolve over the succeeding centuries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normans
    Normandy (/ˈnɔːrməndi/; French: Normandie [nɔʁmɑ̃di] (About this soundlisten); Norman: Normaundie; from Old French Normanz, plural of Normant, originally from the word for "northman" in several Scandinavian languages) is the northwesternmost of the 18 regions of France, roughly referring to the historical Duchy of Normandy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normandy
    This interesting documentary below also covers some more information about the Norman influence on the English language. Despite the English vocabulary only being 1/3 Germanic, English is still classified as a Germanic language due to its Germanic grammar structure and base.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 10-31-2019 at 03:11 PM. Reason: typo.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Last Online
    03-07-2024 @ 01:11 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anglo
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic, German, some Jewish
    Ancestry
    Mercia/Northumbria, Westphalia/Baden-Wuttemburg, Mayo/Donegal, Powys, Argyll, Pas-de-Calais, Poland?
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I-L38
    mtDNA
    H3
    Taxonomy
    probably alpine+atlantid/mediterranid
    Politics
    non party affiliated center-right
    Hero
    Vercingetorix, Caratacus, Arminius, Robert the Bruce, Owain Glyndwr, Jan Sobieski III
    Religion
    I feel connected to paganism & my ancestors but am also scientific
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,927
    Given: 2,177

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Daos777 View Post
    I thought this was a troll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Unfortunately not unfortunately we are living in clown world