Peruvian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 815
    Given: 233

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by time67 View Post
    I'm from the East Coast and have family in Texas/Louisiana.

1. There's WAY more Caribbean Latinos and South Americans in the Tri-State. I've met Hispanics from all countries, excluding Paraguay, out here. SoCal has a fairly diverse Latino population but, in NorCal, Washington, and Arizona, you mostly have Mexicans with some Central Americans here and there.

2. The phenotype of Hispanics is way broader in the Tri-State. Puerto Ricans themselves have a diverse look that ranges from looking Arab/MENA, Tri-racial, Mestizo, Southern European, Afro-American, etc. You also have Black Latinos from the DR, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Panama, Costa Rica, Honduras, Guatemala, Brazil, and Colombia. You have White Latinos from Puerto Rico, Cuba, Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, and Uruguay. You Amerindians/Indo-Mestizos from Southern Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, Ecuador, Peru, and Bolivia. You have Euro-leaning Mestizos from Colombia, Costa Rica, Chile, Paraguay, and Venezuela. You have Mulatos and Tri-racials primarily from DR, PR, Cuba, Brazil, Costa Rica etc.

Most people in the West Coast are only familiarized with Mestizo, Amerindian, and White Latinos by contrast.

3. Latinos in the Northeast are more influenced by either Afro-Americans/West Indians or Italian/Irish-Americans when they become Americanized, depending on where they live. Latinos in the West Coast have more of their own distinctive subculture.

4. Hispanics are more likely to live in integrated neighborhoods in the Northeast, since there's less Hispanic majority cities/neighborhoods.

5. Hispanics have a more entrenched gang culture in the West Coast, compared to the Northeast. There's no real gang culture period in the Northeast but Colombians and Dominicans used to run the drug/cocaine scene out here in the 80's/90's and Cubans had an organized crime presence in the same era, similar to the Five Families.

6. The greatest Hispanic rapper of all time, Big Pun, is from the East Coast.
    All mostly true except the that in the northeast we do have a lot of Latin centric gangs such as Latin Kong’s here in NYC and Cartels are primarily Colombian and Mexican not Dominican from what I’ve seen.

kratz

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlito's Way View Post
    there are many of them in the East Coast, what are you talking about? you clearly talk out of your ass and make shit up
    Mostly lived in NYC, I'm not an expert on Mexicans, dude. I barely met any in the areas I lived in mostly middle to upper middle class neighborhoods. Even the staff at most of the schools I worked in were Guatemalan and not Mexican. The poster above asked me about the people I've met in NYC and I answered who I met.

Daven

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth View Post
    Ha yes although it would take Peru a mass Venezuelan migration bigger then the one now to have a huge demographic shift, Peru isn’t a small Caribbean island like Aruba or Trinidad and Tobago where even just a thousand can change the demographics that easily. You summarized the culture shift with mestizos/westernized Pred. Amerindians from non-Caribbean places perfectly though Becky G is a perfect example of a American of Latino decent who is genetically probably a mestizo from non-Caribbean or even adjacent origin embracing Caribbean Latino culture which is popular in mainstream culture. The early days before mass migration from Central American and South American to NYC I would have told you NYC was probably a predominantly Mulatto place full of Dominican and Puerto Rican’s but now a days it skews more and more to a Pred TriRacial with every kind of Latino mixture being visible in Latino dominated neighborhoods such as Jackson heights, Queens.
    NYC Dominicans have more in common with Mexicans and Colombians than with NYC Puerto Ricans considering most Dominicans here are 1st generation immigrants like the other two.

Daven

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by time67 View Post
    I'm from the East Coast and have family in Texas/Louisiana.

1. There's WAY more Caribbean Latinos and South Americans in the Tri-State. I've met Hispanics from all countries, excluding Paraguay, out here. SoCal has a fairly diverse Latino population but, in NorCal, Washington, and Arizona, you mostly have Mexicans with some Central Americans here and there.

2. The phenotype of Hispanics is way broader in the Tri-State. Puerto Ricans themselves have a diverse look that ranges from looking Arab/MENA, Tri-racial, Mestizo, Southern European, Afro-American, etc. You also have Black Latinos from the DR, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Panama, Costa Rica, Honduras, Guatemala, Brazil, and Colombia. You have White Latinos from Puerto Rico, Cuba, Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, and Uruguay. You Amerindians/Indo-Mestizos from Southern Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, Ecuador, Peru, and Bolivia. You have Euro-leaning Mestizos from Colombia, Costa Rica, Chile, Paraguay, and Venezuela. You have Mulatos and Tri-racials primarily from DR, PR, Cuba, Brazil, Costa Rica etc.

Most people in the West Coast are only familiarized with Mestizo, Amerindian, and White Latinos by contrast.

3. Latinos in the Northeast are more influenced by either Afro-Americans/West Indians or Italian/Irish-Americans when they become Americanized, depending on where they live. Latinos in the West Coast have more of their own distinctive subculture.

4. Hispanics are more likely to live in integrated neighborhoods in the Northeast, since there's less Hispanic majority cities/neighborhoods.

5. Hispanics have a more entrenched gang culture in the West Coast, compared to the Northeast. There's no real gang culture period in the Northeast but Colombians and Dominicans used to run the drug/cocaine scene out here in the 80's/90's and Cubans had an organized crime presence in the same era, similar to the Five Families.

6. The greatest Hispanic rapper of all time, Big Pun, is from the East Coast.
    The greatest Hispanic rappers of all time are Cardi B and Fat Joe. This based on sales, records, awards, etc. Big Pun was no more than a one hit wonder that became more famous because he passed away. His biggest hit didn't even make the top 20 in the charts LMAO. G9 figure. People as usual romanticizing difunto artists. They are doing it with Tentacionxxx and the other half-horner rapper I forgot his name.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Vlach Irish
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-V13 Dacian Mocani
    mtDNA
    V3 Viking Queen
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,901
    Given: 18,310

1 Not allowed!

I lived on both coasts. One thing I notice is that latinos are more integrated into the general culture on the west coast.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information