N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,720
    Given: 43,625

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ixulescu View Post
    No they're not. Even in Romania there are 2 distinct groups of Hungarians: Szekelys (mostly rural or living in small mountain towns) and the rest. In Hungary there are also at least 2 divisions obvious to anyone who traveled often to Hungary: Alföld and the rest.

You need to perform a lot of mental gymnastics to deny these divisions.
    Genetically there is barely or no difference in Hungary. Szekely are different but not in a great degree. In Romania you have huge genetic differences between users like IncelSlayer and Seya or Impaler, they are literally oceans away. This doesn't exist among Hungarian members, they have diverse origins but are all pretty similar.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-07-2022 @ 08:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Vlach, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,983
    Given: 2,435

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Feiichy View Post
    Genetically there is barely or no difference in Hungary. Szekely are different but not in a great degree. In Romania you have huge genetic differences between users like IncelSlayer and Seya or Impaler, they are literally oceans away. This doesn't exist among Hungarian members, they have diverse origins but are all pretty similar.
    No doubt Romanians span a larger area, perhaps larger than the territory of Romania. But regional differences among Romanians are not more obvious than those between Hungarians.

Phenotypically, Romania also has about 4 distinct regions: 1. Transylvania+Crisana+Banat, 2. Oltenia+Western Muntenia, 3. Eastern Muntenia+Dobrogea+Southern Moldova, 4. Northern Moldova+Bukovina+parts of Maramures).

Last Online
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Barbarian
    Ancestry
    Savages, Hillmen
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,999
    Given: 9,684

1 Not allowed!

Good point but I don't think so. German and Balkan migrations to Hungary were happening centuries after Hungary became a Kingdom and some of it are quite recent.
    When Panonnian population adopted Hungarian language, I doubt they were as mixed as modern Hungarians are.

Avar_Szolad sample was Panonnian Slav for example, and she cluster with Belarusians.
    Nomad hungarians were mixed with ostrogoths and vikings before the conquest of CB, this is fact and there were many germanic people here for example goths, gepids etc before hungarians. The germanic ancestry of hungarians came from various ways make them the most germanic non germanic peoples in Europe.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ixulescu View Post
    No doubt Romanians span a larger area, perhaps larger than the territory of Romania. But regional differences among Romanians are not more obvious than those between Hungarians.

Phenotypically, Romania also has about 4 distinct regions: 1. Transylvania+Crisana+Banat, 2. Oltenia+Western Muntenia, 3. Eastern Muntenia+Dobrogea+Southern Moldova, 4. Northern Moldova+Bukovina+parts of Maramures).
    There is almost no genetic difference between Alfold and Transdanubia, Alfold is bit more Slavic and Trandanubia bit more German but very small difference. Stears did not write truth about Alfold.
    Dunai is from Alfold and Vojvodina and he cluster not far from East Germans and Austrians etc. Oszkar Hungarian half from Szeged looks to be very northern Euro too.

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Nomad hungarians were mixed with ostrogoths and vikings before the conquest of CB, this is fact and there were many germanic people here for example goths, gepids etc before hungarians. The germanic ancestry of hungarians came from various ways make them the most germanic non germanic peoples in Europe.
    Yes. Germanic ancestry is from many different time periods. I don't know which non Germanics have the most, probably Wallons.

Last Online
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Barbarian
    Ancestry
    Savages, Hillmen
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,999
    Given: 9,684

2 Not allowed!

There is almost no genetic difference between Alfold and Transdanubia, Alfold is bit more Slavic and Trandanubia bit more German but very small difference. Stears did not write truth about Alfold.
    Dunai is from Alfold and Vojvodina and he cluster not far from East Germans and Austrians etc. Oszkar Hungarian half from Szeged looks to be very northern Euro too.
    In Alföld there are many german named village for example Újszász (Newsaxon), Szászberek (Saxongrove) etc.

Yes. Germanic ancestry is from many different time periods. I don't know which non Germanics have the most, probably Wallons.
    Mostly catholic south germans.

Ancient member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European descent
    Ancestry
    Father: Hungarian Mother: German + minor English
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    N1a
    mtDNA
    H1e
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,518
    Given: 24,968

0 Not allowed!

Hungarian member someonetoyou has posted his updated 23andMe...

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...97#post6303297

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    Hungarian member someonetoyou has posted his updated 23andMe...

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...97#post6303297
    Great! Confirms what I said. Him and his sister get very low East Euro considering Hungary is part of that reference group. Quite lower than me.
    And they also score Italian, Iberian, British etc....same as Stears, Benyzero and all other Hungarians.

There is def. a mix typical for Hungarians and 23andme captures it quite well.
    For Magyars it is best company to test with for sure.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

LOL I may have to eat my words My Hungarian friend just got her results and based on what MyHeritage shows her she will be very Slavic for a Hungarian. But we need to see her gedmatch values to be sure

Last Online
    12-04-2022 @ 10:01 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Czech
    Ancestry
    Moravia+Silesia+Bohemia=Czechia
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Moravia-Silesia
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a (R-M512)
    mtDNA
    V (V7a)
    Taxonomy
    Europithecus
    Politics
    of the all azimuths
    Hero
    Viktor Mihály Orbán
    Religion
    ČCE
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,808
    Given: 4,545

1 Not allowed!

Much more complex mix than that, mostly of Slavs, Germans and Balkanites. There are many Hungarians who score equal west and east europe, and some of them score more western than eastern Europe.
    Slovaks are genetically much more Slavic in comparison.
    Is the German admixture of Hungarians higher than German admixture of Slovaks?
    When i llok to the language (ethnical) map of Austro-Hungarian Empire, I see some German enclaves in Hungarian (magyar( speaking areas, as well as German enclaves in Slovakian-speaking areas.
    I am familiar just with the situation at Slovakia, there were 3 main German speaking areas:
    1) City of Bratislava (Pressburg, Pozsony) - it was part of "Burgenland" - German speaking area neighbouring with Austrian Germans (with Croatian minority, there)
    2) Mining areas - See area of Kremnica (Kremnitz, Körmöcbánya) - German miners were settkled there since Middle Ages
    3) Spiš (Zips, Szepes) county - it was also mining area and Germans were settled there since Middle Ages

Were the Germans at area of nowadays Hungary also descendents of mediveal miners, there, Or it was another kind of colonization, there?
    [IMG]https://miro.medium.com/max/3042/1*NBn1UvPG7n0aMfpQaWzC0g.jpeg[/IMG]
    1984 was A Warning Not A Manual

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikula View Post
    Is the German admixture of Hungarians higher than German admixture of Slovaks?
    When i llok to the language (ethnical) map of Austro-Hungarian Empire, I see some German enclaves in Hungarian (magyar( speaking areas, as well as German enclaves in Slovakian-speaking areas.
    I am familiar just with the situation at Slovakia, there were 3 main German speaking areas:
    1) City of Bratislava (Pressburg, Pozsony) - it was part of "Burgenland" - German speaking area neighbouring with Austrian Germans (with Croatian minority, there)
    2) Mining areas - See area of Kremnica (Kremnitz, Körmöcbánya) - German miners were settkled there since Middle Ages
    3) Spiš (Zips, Szepes) county - it was also mining area and Germans were settled there since Middle Ages

Were the Germans at area of nowadays Hungary also descendents of mediveal miners, there, Or it was another kind of colonization, there?
    [IMG]https://miro.medium.com/max/3042/1*NBn1UvPG7n0aMfpQaWzC0g.jpeg[/IMG]
    Yes, German admixture of Hungarians is higher than that of Slovaks, even though Slovaks have Celto-Germanic admixture too. In level of German admixture Hungarians are closer to Czechs than to Slovaks.
    I saw more Hungarians are genetically Czech-like than Slovak-like, with difference that Hungarians have more Southern Europe/Balkan blood than Czechs do. And ofcourse minor Siberian stuff.

Those ares in Hungary are mostly later colonisation after Ottomans were expelled, so empty lands especially in southern Hungary were re-settled with Germans from different regions who became known as Danube Swabians.
    But German(ic) presence in Hungary is much older than that. Yet the late Swabian colonisation made the largest impact, I would say.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information