N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdLookingFellow View Post
    I don't know who said Transylvania is the most Dinarid place, it's filled with Pontids and Carpathids mostly, but quite a few North Pontids, some darker Baltids and more C. European types. You've been here, did you feel it's filled with Dinarids? Dinarids are more prevalent in the south-West. South and South-East is somewhat more East Med and Pontid.
    I didn't see many dinarids. I saw mostly gorid + med/pontid phenotype in people with ocassional turanids and few baltids. They were med shifted to my eyes. But that was south Transylvania I seen the most. Around Cluj Romanians looked lighter and more central euro. This just my subjective experience, mind that.

Veteran Member WeirdLookingFellow's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 06:39 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Balkan, Slavic from the Scythian Steppes of LARPing
    Ethnicity
    Moldovan, Romanian
    Ancestry
    Moldovan, Ukrainian
    Country
    Romania
    Region
    Moldova
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Ponto-Turan
    Hero
    Woody, the Cuman Khan
    Religion
    Folkish
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,876
    Given: 3,564

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Feiichy View Post
    I didn't see many dinarids. I saw mostly gorid + med/pontid phenotype in people with ocassional turanids and few baltids. They were med shifted to my eyes. But that was south Transylvania I seen the most. Around Cluj Romanians looked lighter and more central euro. This just my subjective experience, mind that.
    Your experience is quite accurate to reality. Gorids, Carpathids and Pontids are the most prevalent.
    Just a 26.6% European individual

G25 "26.6% Austrian:Austria6 + 73.4% Romanian:G408" "0.0096"
    EU TEST 86.9% RO + 13.1% West_&_Central_German @ 4.98
    K13 56.9% Tu(ran)scan + 43.1% Ukrainian @ 4.02

Last Online
    Today @ 09:26 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    Politics
    Independent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,178
    Given: 3,225

0 Not allowed!

Not more than other regions. Wallachians look weird due to having more Dinarids and being darker, but there are quite a few pockets of dirt blondes.
    Wallachians are just commonly Med, nothing weird about their look.

I saw mostly gorid + med/pontid phenotype in people with ocassional turanids and few baltids.
    Your experience is quite accurate to reality. Gorids, Carpathids and Pontids are the most prevalent.
    I don't know who said Transylvania is the most Dinarid place, it's filled with Pontids and Carpathids mostly, but quite a few North Pontids, some darker Baltids and more C. European types. You've been here, did you feel it's filled with Dinarids? Dinarids are more prevalent in the south-West. South and South-East is somewhat more East Med and Pontid.
    All those "Gorids" and "Baltids" are just simply Alpines.

These are proper Baltids and Gorids.

Spoiler!

Such types are very rare in Romania (specifically East Baltids are virtually non-existent).

People often get misclassified due to geographic bias, such as any non-Western European with a Meddish appearance being either Pontid or Turanid.
    Last edited by Tommie; 11-02-2019 at 04:02 PM.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Gorids rare in Romania? I saw a lot. Baltid is rare indeed, I mentioned seeing them only ocassionaly (as well as Turanids). Fact is Romanians do look southeast euro but not slavic.
    Pure Alpinid is main type in France and south Germany, didn't notice such faces there. Keep in mind that in my country which is more western than Romania in geography Gorids outnumber Alpinids.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-07-2022 @ 08:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Vlach, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,983
    Given: 2,435

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Aherne says Wallachians look gypsy admixed to him. Weird looking fellow said Wallachians look "weird" to him and he also said some of the people he knows in Transylvania think they look gypsy admixed, another romainan user of ukrainian origins agrees. I don't know much about differences between Romanian regions but since multiple Romanian members say such things I'm inclined to think there are significant regional differences in Romania.
    Both Aherne and Nurzat are only half Romanian, and Aherne never lived in Romania. Both mostly troll, you need to look for more credible sources, or move your ass and see it for yourself.

I'm not sure about that. If you picked random groups of people from Szeged, Kecskemét, Zalaegerszeg(SW Hungary) and Budapest I wouldn't be able to tell who is from where. Neither could other hungarians, so idk how that translates to "obvious divisions". There may be slight differences between different regions of Hungary but not as big as you claim. There are also differences within Alföld. Some parts of it were settled by Slovaks, to a lesser extent there were German settlements too. It's not super rare to find someone with German surname in Alföld. Other parts of Alföld weren't settled by either Germans or Slovaks. So to treat Alföld as a homogeneous entity that "looks this or that" is not a correct idea in my opinion. All in all, they look similar to hungarians from other parts of the country, at least to me.

Feiichy has been to Kecskemét and she said people looked slavic there. A serbian member (I don't remember the name) said when he was in Szeged he found the locals to be west slavic looking.

ok.......

The urban population is hard to distinguish in Romania as well. There are more differences between urban and rural populations than between the historical regions. However, the rural population of certain areas is still distinguishable to some degree.
    Last edited by ixulescu; 11-02-2019 at 05:10 PM.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ixulescu View Post
    Both Aherne and Nurzat are only half Romanian, and Aherne never lived in Romania. Both mostly troll, you need to look for more credible sources, or move your ass and see it for yourself.
    Aherne lives in Oltenia, according to him.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Feiichy has been to Kecskemét and she said people looked slavic there. A serbian member (I don't remember the name) said when he was in Szeged he found the locals to be west slavic looking.
    Commonsense wrote about Szeged people looking West Slavic. I really did see Kecskemét people as Slavic looking and quite light, nothing like the Balkan stereotype Stears wrote about. They were fairer than Szekelys.
    We also visited Szolnok (but for very short time) and people were similar to those in Kecskemét.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-27-2019 @ 04:11 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    steppe aristocracy (kaghan's, ilteber's, shad's, tegin's, bey's)
    Country
    Turkey
    Religion
    Tengrist, by virtue
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 8

0 Not allowed!

Is the fact Croats defeated amd enslaved barbaric Avars still so painful for you? Get a grip weirdo and stop poluting this thread with trash. I guess the fact Russians played major part in expelling Durks from Europe still hurts as well.

Buhu hu
    Sure. If you will cry, let's not play at all. In the meantime, first-hand, reliable accounts of Byzantine records such as Menander Protector, Teophanis Confessor, De Administrando Imperio are still there...
    It isn't necessary to push forward anymore with you as you throw in the sponge.
    Bye.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Turxanthus View Post
    Sure. If you will cry, let's not play at all. In the meantime, first-hand, reliable accounts of Byzantine records such as Menander Protector, Teophanis Confessor, De Administrando Imperio are still there...
    It isn't necessary to push forward anymore with you as you throw in the sponge.
    Bye.
    Yes, and I mentioned you what De Adminsitrando Imperio wrote about that, so I will repeat to see how some users here have great fantasy due to their frustrations:

“But the Croats at that time were dwelling beyond Bavaria, where the Belocroats are now. From them split off a family of five brothers, Kloukas and Lobelos and Kosentzis and Mouchlo and Chrobatos, and two sisters, Touga and Bouga, who came with their folk to Dalmatia and found the Avars in possession of that land. After they had fought one another for some years, the Croats prevailed and killed some of the Avars and the remainder they compelled to be subject to them. And so from that time this land was possessed by the Croats, and there are still in Croatia some who are of Avar descent and are recognized as Avars.
    - Chapter 30, story of the Province of Dalmatia

Last Online
    01-16-2020 @ 08:40 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak/Croat/Serb
    Ancestry
    Montenegro&East Herzegovina-Imotska Krajina-Dalmatia-Kninska Krajina-Bos.Krajina-Cen.Bosnia-Posavina
    Country
    Bosnia & Herzegovina
    Region
    Kvarner
    Taxonomy
    Norid + Dinaricized Alpine
    Politics
    Consensus democracy
    Religion
    agnostic skeptic
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!

It is still single largest component among them, but it isn't nearly as dominant to call them ''Magyarized Slavs''. Many Hungarians are just half or less than half Slavic.
    More correct is to call them typical (East)-Central Europeans.
    Balkan + East Europe is most common and frequent in results from Hungary.

The percentages represent the portion of MyHeritage DNA users in Hungary who have that ethnicity.
    Balkan
    82.6%
    East European
    77%
    North and West European
    42%
    Scandinavian
    31.1%
    Baltic
    24.1%

Balkan is the most present and frequent component along with Slavic East European so when you count in Balkan you are really predominately population of Slavic origin and I agree you are typical (East)-Central Europeans.

Now I know it makes most of Hungarians very sad to have Balkan origin but DEAL WITH IT.

You ruled over Bosnia and Croatia for centuries and you wonder why you have so high Balkan DNA....People and goods moved freely and especially Hungarians in and around Budapest are very close genetically to Croats and Bosnians as well as those living close to Border with Croatia. I have matches in Hungary with 0.5% shared dna and largest segments being 30-33 CM and I am Bosnian Serb of mixed Montenegrin&Croat background. Those Hungarians I see in my matches and find on Facebook all live near and around Budapest and have typical Hungarian family names and in family trees I can't find any Slavic surnames even for 4-5 generations and yet they are genetically more related to me than a girl who has the same family name as I do and is my distant cousin from my city and we share only 0.3% DNA.

PS
    My great-grandfather was in Bosnisch-hercegovinisches Infanterie Regiment Nr. 2 and after being severely wounded in battle on Monte Meletti he was transfered to Budapest for medical treatment, he had a shrapnel lodged 2 cm away from his heart, it was inoperable back then and so it's not excluded that he banged and knocked up some Hungarian babe while he was recovering from his wounds and thus such close relatives in Hungary and more Slavic genes added to Hungarian gene pool

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information