E-V13 Dacian Mocani
    mtDNA
    V3 Viking Queen
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,893
    Given: 18,300

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    Well that's a definite no-no then. I'll definitely pass on trying that.

Don't people who put that in their bloodstream worry about diabetes, eyesight problems, and tooth decay?

I think whoever introduced those drinks to western nations are trying to poison us and kill off our population. They market and advertise junk to people to put in their blood and organs.... and worst of all they target vulnerable children by making the drinks look colourful.
    It's viewed as a desert, an occasional treat. We've had milk shakes and malts in the US for a long time too and those aren't exactly healthy either. Interestingly, many of the Asian-Americans that consume this drink are not overweight compared to many other Americans.

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,551
    Given: 27,895

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007 View Post
    I try a lot of exotic things being from cosmopolitan New York (which is probably more cosmopolitan than even London and Paris) so my memory of it is not exactly strong to how it tasted but I remember as sweet since I don't put sugar in my tea (just a clot of cream) but I remember it being weird especially when I got down the tapioca balls so I only ate a few of them and threw the rest out. I should stay away from it too since I have strong proclivity towards cavities in my teeth being that my ancestry is mostly from the British isles. Actually, unlike bubble tea I can instantly remember where I was when I first tried Kombucha tea because as soon as I tasted it I got blown away by it's taste and I could tell it was ultra-healthy so my bubble tea experience was lackluster in comparison.
    Actually Americans statistically have more cavities in their teeth than UK people.... and also most UK people have natural teeth and not fake looking or bleached teeth. I hate the look of overly bleached or artificial teeth.

I have good and natural teeth like both of my parents and my grandparents. My mother even considered being a tooth model. I spend a lot of money and time looking after my teeth each day with a whole range of expensive equipment I bought (interdental brushes for carefully cleaning inbetween each tooth, water flossers, string flossers, electric toothbrush with bluetooth, dental mirrors, alcohol free mouthwashes, tongue cleaning gels and tools, and I get through a lot of toothpaste each month as well.)

I rarely eat chocolates and sweets, and use mouthwashes if I do. Also I try to make sure to always eat anything sweet with a main meal to neutralise any acids or sugars. And I always use a straw on the rare occasions I sip fruit juices (due to the natural sugars in fruit.)

I chew a lot of sugar-free dental chewing gum.

I don't drink crap (such as coffee or fizzy drinks that makes peoples teeth bad.)
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Can they not make a healthy version of the drink without a high load of sugars or artificial sweeteners that are linked to cancers, etc?

Does the bubble tea have a lot of gases or air in it?

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,244
    Given: 1,444

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    Actually Americans statistically have more cavities in their teeth than UK people.... and also most UK people have natural teeth and not fake looking or bleached teeth. I hate the look of overly bleached or artificial teeth.

I have good and natural teeth like both of my parents and my grandparents. My mother even considered being a tooth model. I spend a lot of money and time looking after my teeth each day with a whole range of expensive equipment I bought (interdental brushes for carefully cleaning inbetween each tooth, water flossers, string flossers, electric toothbrush with bluetooth, dental mirrors, alcohol free mouthwashes, tongue cleaning gels and tools, and I get through a lot of toothpaste each month as well.)

I rarely eat chocolates and sweets, and use mouthwashes if I do. Also I try to make sure to always eat anything sweet with a main meal to neutralise any acids or sugars. And I always use a straw on the rare occasions I sip fruit juices (due to the natural sugars in fruit.)

I don't drink crap (such as coffee or fizzy drinks that makes peoples teeth bad.)
    Sorry, if I offended you but it does seem to me that my British ancestry at least contributes to having to be more vigilant about my dental hygiene. Your routine seems pretty vigilant as well. I don't have artificial teeth they are only slightly crooked on the bottom due to my back molars growing in and crowding out my bottom row but the British genius Charles Darwin said in his book " The Descent of man" that this is an advanced evolutionary feature that represents a more evolved civilized state because with advent of fire humans have been evolving to have smaller mandibles. I also don't bleach my teeth very often so they are not fake white and drinking tea definitely contributes to my teeth not being fake white as they darken my teeth to some degree.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Daco Celtic View Post
    It's viewed as a desert, an occasional treat. We've had milk shakes and malts in the US for a long time too and those aren't exactly healthy either. Interestingly, many of the Asian-Americans that consume this drink are not overweight compared to many other Americans.
    I think it looks like a gimmick and a fad. I don't trust it's safe.

I don't know if bubble tea has also spread to southern Europe... but maybe the northern Europeans in countries such as Germany (where it has the most popularity in Europe) are being used as mice to test it on first.

I'm very sceptical of it.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 10-31-2019 at 10:33 PM.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Vlach Irish
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-V13 Dacian Mocani
    mtDNA
    V3 Viking Queen
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,893
    Given: 18,300

1 Not allowed!

There also may versions of the the tea including a unsweetened kind that simply has the tapioca balls, no sugar.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Their reactions...

Banned
    Last Online
    11-27-2019 @ 06:36 PM
    Ethnicity
    It's me I adore
    Country
    Bahamas
    Hero
    Myself
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 505
    Given: 284

0 Not allowed!

I've never had it. I like "starbucks" do u like it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information