PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Classify me, please. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Classify me, please.

Last Online
    02-26-2023 @ 02:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Taxonomy
    Norid/Nordid, Baltid, Pontid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 11

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zmey Gorynych View Post
    Nordo-Norid with a Baltid influence. The Nordid-Norid proportion depends on your CI.
    What is CI?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic+Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Irish, British, Norwegian, a little French
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Stockholm
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21
    mtDNA
    U5a1a1b
    Hero
    David Attenborough
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,673
    Given: 1,433

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfFire View Post
    What is CI?
    Cephalic Index.

The cephalic index, or breadth-length index, is probably the most prominent and popular anthropometric index of the skull. It has been studied in almost all populations of the world and has long played an important role in human classification. It is calculated by dividing the greatest breadth of the head by the greatest length of the head. The values vary from numbers as low as 60 to roughly 100. In short-headed groups females tend to have a slightly higher index, while in long-headed groups their index is marginally lower. The cephalic index varies greatly among anthropological groups and sometimes makes mountain populations differ from plains populations. Short-heads are found more frequently in cold climates of arctic regions and mountains, but there are many exceptions. The index is useful to distinguish local anthropological types, but not major racial groups. The individual variation is relatively small. It has been shown that the index changes with the environment and with time. E.g. since the early Middle Ages, brachycephaly increased significantly throughout Europe. However, since the mid 19th century it is continuously decreasing. The reasons are not known. Hence, the cephalic index is most useful to compare neighbouring groups in a similar environment of the same time period. For the reasons mentioned, the cephalic index should never be looked at alone, for interpretation usually head size and the height-length index should be considered in addition. On this site the cephalic index is divided into five categories: hyperdolichocephaly, dolichocephaly, mesocephaly, brachycephaly, and hyperbrachycephaly. The maps show regions where a specific cephalic index colour is dominant in native populations. On an individual level, it may regularly appear in the black areas as well. Apart from that, two other, more extreme categories exist on the individual level, but never for whole populations: ultrabrachycephaly and ultradolichocephaly.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by farke1 View Post
    Cephalic Index.
    Ah, i got it. But, however, why do you say i look like Norid? As i mentioned before, my face is very flat from the side view (it is called orthoghantie i guess) because my nose bridge and nose itself aren't prominent enough. Also, don't nords have narrow and flat forehead?

Banned
    Last Online
    03-22-2020 @ 06:58 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Reptile
    Ethnicity
    Dragon
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1a-M458
    mtDNA
    H6a1b
    Taxonomy
    Cro-Ho-Ho
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,583
    Given: 5,443

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfFire View Post
    Ah, i got it. But, however, why do you say i look like Norid? As i mentioned before, my face is very flat from the side view (it is called orthoghantie i guess) because my nose bridge and nose itself aren't prominent enough. Also, don't nords have narrow and flat forehead?
    By flat you mean straight (прямой)? Well that's why people see Norid(partially dinarid) in you because your head seems to be broader, your forehead is tall and slanting a little bit, your face is V-shaped, your eyes are close-set, you have big ears (no offence). Your nose is not the most prominent but it's long enough and slightly convex. All of these are rather Dinarid traits. The flatness of your face comes from Baltid I guess or a Cromagnoid element.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zmey Gorynych View Post
    By flat you mean straight (прямой)? Well that's why people see Norid(partially dinarid) in you because your head seems to be broader, your forehead is tall and slanting a little bit, your face is V-shaped, your eyes are close-set, you have big ears (no offence). Your nose is not the most prominent but it's long enough and slightly convex. All of these are rather Dinarid traits. The flatness of your face comes from Baltid I guess or a Cromagnoid element.
    Yes, i mean straight, unlike mine that is significalntly leaning backwards (you said that it is slanting). Anyway, i can agree with you here. Norics indeed have slanting forehead and prominent frontal bone like me

In spite of my nose is long and thin i don't think it resembles the big dinaric/noric noses that are making their side view look prognathous. So, don't you think that Baltid would be more appropriate as my dominant phenotype? With some pontid/north pontid/nordid influence, ofc.

Also, i really don't know where some Dinaric features (except nose) come. Maybe there is a phenotype with inclined forehead, significant frontal bone and etc? In addition, i also have mixed eyes colour, whereas norics/baltids have light eyes and it confuses me. I've often read about insignficancy of eye colour but im not sure.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-09-2021 @ 06:57 AM
    Ethnicity
    Southern European
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Leon
    Y-DNA
    R-L21
    Thumbs Up