Thread: Why are US parties so overcrowded, dark and loud?(There's barely any place to talk)

kratz

0 Not allowed!

Default Why are US parties so overcrowded, dark and loud?(There's barely any place to talk)

Hey guys,

First of, this is a serious question not meant to bash the USA. Rather I'm talking about the layout. Usually its a small room with tons of people in it similar to a house party or a college party, this same layout is followed in bars and nightclubs. I've been to parties in other countries and usually there's wide spaces and much more distance for people to socialize. The whole thing is made even stranger when Edward T Hall, proxemics expert, said that English and American cultures are the one's with the most personal space out of all cultures. It seems like going to an event like this is putting yourself at risk of getting rubbed on by other people or get drinks spilled on you(I've seen it happen).

I remember Roosh saying that this comes from gay culture and that gay people use to go to dark bars since there were not accepted in society so they had to meet under those circumstances. But would be curious about this since this layout is also popular with high school and college students. Other people have suggested that it comes from this establishments goals being to make money by selling alcohol. So the whole point is to sell you alcohol or to get black out drunk and the socializing doesn't really matter, they were not designed to socialize.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-07-2022 @ 06:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    German English
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    anti corruption
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,540
    Given: 9,189

0 Not allowed!

Wholly contingent on the space/venue/event. There are plenty of events, bars and clubs that are not overly crowded.

Thread Information