Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Eye and hair colour distribution among 970 Swedes (both sexes studied)

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:52 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Finnmark
    Politics
    None
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,589
    Given: 462

3 Not allowed!

According to Coon, Scandinavians were more ash blond than golden blond. The latter was found more often in East English people than in Scandinavians. I have seen a Swedish woman with a blond English husband and he sticks out a little to me. People in England were given the surname white because of their blondness.

Retzius and Fürst stated that 67% of Swedes had light eyes, 29% mixed and 4% dark. Lundborg and Linders later raised the number of light eyes to 81% when taking measurements on recruits in the 1920s.

From THE RACIAL CHARACTERS OF THE SWEDISH NATION. Lundborg.

1) Persons having a light eye colour and light head hair, with a stature over 168 cm. and a cephalic index under 78, have been designated purer Nordid type.

2) Those having a light eye colour and light head hair, with a stature under 173 and cephalic index between 80 and 85, have been designated purer East Baltic type.

3) The remaining persons with a light eye colour and light head hair have been designated light mixed types. The Nordic racial factor is undoubtedly very strong in these persons also.

4) Those having a light eye colour and brown head hair, and those having a dark eye colour and light head hair, have been designated medium dark types. The latter, like the light eyes types, are sure to have a rather strong admixture of Nordic race.

5) Those having a dark eye colour and brown head hair, or a light eye colour and dark head hair, have been designtated dark mixed types.

6) Those having both a dark eye colour and dark head hair have been designated dark types.

Sverige

Purer Nordic type..................30.82%
    Light mixed types................. 27.12%
    Purer East Baltic types...........08.68%
    Medium dark types................25.13%
    Dark mixed types..................07.31%
    Dark types...........................00.94%

Last Online
    03-02-2021 @ 10:24 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thracian/Scythian/Gothic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Dalofaelid with Corded Nordid influences
    Politics
    Fuck agendas
    Hero
    None.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,666
    Given: 13,081

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by XenophobicPrussian View Post
    The difference between Dutch and Swedish males is far too small(only little over 1% for blondism) for blondism and light hair.

I mean, sometimes I've theorized the northern Dutch may actually be the blondest population(and, unrelatedly, the purest Germanics), but come on, let's be real here. I actually do think the Dutch may be more metrically Nordic than Swedes(think long headed dark haired people like the Dutchman Grubby, while a lot of Swedish blondes are CM like Sebastian Larsson), Swedes have a lot more CM/Baltid types, but that's only skull shape, not hair colour. I mean, there's just no way Dutch as a whole, and most likely even northern Dutch can be that close to Swedes, you should know this.

Still, interesting results and I look forward to more(I hope you do a NE Euro country next, would love to see your results for that).
    I think Dutch lightness is underrated.
    Anyway, thank you!
    After not shaving for a while:

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    10-29-2023 @ 03:20 PM
    Ethnicity
    Aryan
    Ancestry
    Steppe
    Country
    Russia
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Taxonomy
    Corded
    Politics
    Esoteric
    Hero
    Those that fought for a better world (If you know, you know)
    Religion
    Natural
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,828
    Given: 9,772

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Östsvensk View Post
    According to Coon, Scandinavians were more ash blond than golden blond. The latter was found more often in East English people than in Scandinavians. I have seen a Swedish woman with a blond English husband and he sticks out a little to me. People in England were given the surname white because of their blondness.

Retzius and Fürst stated that 67% of Swedes had light eyes, 29% mixed and 4% dark. Lundborg and Linders later raised the number of light eyes to 81% when taking measurements on recruits in the 1920s.

From THE RACIAL CHARACTERS OF THE SWEDISH NATION. Lundborg.

1) Persons having a light eye colour and light head hair, with a stature over 168 cm. and a cephalic index under 78, have been designated purer Nordid type.

2) Those having a light eye colour and light head hair, with a stature under 173 and cephalic index between 80 and 85, have been designated purer East Baltic type.

3) The remaining persons with a light eye colour and light head hair have been designated light mixed types. The Nordic racial factor is undoubtedly very strong in these persons also.

4) Those having a light eye colour and brown head hair, and those having a dark eye colour and light head hair, have been designated medium dark types. The latter, like the light eyes types, are sure to have a rather strong admixture of Nordic race.

5) Those having a dark eye colour and brown head hair, or a light eye colour and dark head hair, have been designtated dark mixed types.

6) Those having both a dark eye colour and dark head hair have been designated dark types.

Sverige

Purer Nordic type..................30.82%
    Light mixed types................. 27.12%
    Purer East Baltic types...........08.68%
    Medium dark types................25.13%
    Dark mixed types..................07.31%
    Dark types...........................00.94%
    if we talk about only phenotype, how?

Nordisch-Westisch or Westisch mit Nordische einschlag
    In other words: Atlantid type

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:52 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Finnmark
    Politics
    None
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,589
    Given: 462

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post
    if we talk about only phenotype, how?
    I might have exaggerated in saying that he stood out, but he is blonder than Scandinavians are in general. Most Swedes have medium brown to ash blond hair. Adults with flaxen golden hair, like Peter Settman, are not the most typical in hair colour, although they can still be found of course.

Last Online
    Today @ 03:24 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    100% Northwest European and Flemish
    Ancestry
    From Flanders ( Koninkjrik België )
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1a - L664
    mtDNA
    n/a
    Taxonomy
    60% Borreby with strong 40% Keltic Nordid admixture
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,186
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!

By professional anthropometric and medical standards, 86% of Swedish people have light eyes (blue/green/gray). Of these 50% are blue, the rest are within the green and gray spectrums.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-17-2021 @ 07:07 AM
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,840
    Given: 2,076

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Östsvensk View Post
    The figure of 81% is very close to my figure of 80.6% (based on a sample of 717 football players).

Retzius probably counted green eyes as mixed-colored (Suominen (1929) (Physical Anthropology in Suomi (Finland))):

According to Kajava, 78 per cent. of Finns have fair, blue, or grey eyes, and 57 per cent. fair hair. For comparison it may be mentioned that, according to the new and extensive "Anthropologia Suecica," by Lundborg-Linders, the percentage of fair-eyed Swedes (Sweden) is 86·9, mixed-coloured 8·1, and brown-eyed 5·0; according to the same researcher, 6·9 per cent, in Sweden have fair hair, 62·5 per cent. light brown, 25·1 per cent. mid-brown, 2·0 percent. brown-black, and 0·3 per cent. black; 3·3 per cent, are red-haired. According to G. Retzius: "The colour of the eyes in Sweden is 47·4 per cent. blue, 19·8 per cent. grey, 28·8 per cent. mixed (meliert), and 4·5 per cent. brown. The colour of the hair of the Swedes is 2·3 per cent, yellow, 52·0 per cent. ash-grey, 21·6 per cent. brown, 0·8 per cent. black, and 2·3 per cent. red."

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-28-2022 @ 08:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,225
    Given: 1,067

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ymyyakhtakh View Post
    The figure of 81% is very close to my figure of 80.6% (based on a sample of 717 football players).

Retzius probably counted green eyes as mixed-colored (Suominen (1929) (Physical Anthropology in Suomi (Finland))):

According to Kajava, 78 per cent. of Finns have fair, blue, or grey eyes, and 57 per cent. fair hair. For comparison it may be mentioned that, according to the new and extensive "Anthropologia Suecica," by Lundborg-Linders, the percentage of fair-eyed Swedes (Sweden) is 86·9, mixed-coloured 8·1, and brown-eyed 5·0; according to the same researcher, 6·9 per cent, in Sweden have fair hair, 62·5 per cent. light brown, 25·1 per cent. mid-brown, 2·0 percent. brown-black, and 0·3 per cent. black; 3·3 per cent, are red-haired. According to G. Retzius: "The colour of the eyes in Sweden is 47·4 per cent. blue, 19·8 per cent. grey, 28·8 per cent. mixed (meliert), and 4·5 per cent. brown. The colour of the hair of the Swedes is 2·3 per cent, yellow, 52·0 per cent. ash-grey, 21·6 per cent. brown, 0·8 per cent. black, and 2·3 per cent. red."

What counts as 'green' eyes? I used to think that green eyes meant blue-green eyes, but I've seen many hazel and brown eyed people referring to themselves as having green eyes.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by chociprasa View Post
    What counts as 'green' eyes? I used to think that green eyes meant blue-green eyes, but I've seen many hazel and brown eyed people referring to themselves as having green eyes.
    Here's how I classified players in the Swedish men's top-level football league (based on multiple photos):

I have unmixed medium green (or light green) eyes, like number 6 in the image of the Bunak scale below, which I count as light-colored (when classifying eye color as simply light-colored or dark-colored):

This Nenets girl has typical hazel eyes that are clearly mixed with brown, and which I don't count as light-colored:

This Swedish football player has a fairly rare kind of "light hazel" or light green-brown mixed eyes, which I do count as light-colored (when classifying eye color as simply light-colored or dark-colored):

This Nenets girl has dark green eyes, which I also classify as light-colored, because they are evenly colored and they don't look yellowish, even though they look very dark in some pictures:

Last edited by Ymyyakhtakh; 12-11-2019 at 09:09 AM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-28-2022 @ 08:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,225
    Given: 1,067

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ymyyakhtakh View Post
    Here's how I classified players in the Swedish men's top-level football league (based on multiple photos):

I have unmixed medium green (or light green) eyes, like number 6 in this image of the Bunak scale, which I count as light-colored (when classifying eye color as simply light-colored or dark-colored):

This Nenets girl has typical hazel eyes that are clearly mixed with brown, and which I don't count as light-colored:

This Swedish football player has a fairly rare kind of "light hazel" or light green-brown mixed eyes, which I do count as light-colored:

This Nenets girl has dark green eyes, which I do classify as light-colored, because they don't look yellowish and they are not mixed with brown or yellow:

Nice color you have. What's your hair color?

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by chociprasa View Post
    Nice color you have. What's your hair color?
    I always thought that I have dark blonde (or dirty blonde) hair, and I used to have light blonde hair as a kid. However based on the criteria of users like The Blade and XenophobicPrussian, I might actually have light brown hair (or even "medium ash brown" hair by very strict criteria).

I used to think that the majority of Finns and Swedes have blonde hair, similar to how you and Panserkamrat said that the majority of Swedes are blonde. However according to this thread, only 32.2% of Swedes have blonde hair (including reddish blonde), and in XenophobicPrussian's study, the prevalence of blonde hair was similarly listed as only 32.1% in Sweden and 30.7% in Finland.

In the Finnish language, there isn't even to my knowledge a native word that corresponds to the concept of "blonde" as it is used in this thread (yellowish light hair, or the lighter half of the spectrum of light-colored hair). We have the term "vaaleaverinen" (literally "light-blooded"), which means someone with light-colored hair. We also have the term "pellavapää" (literally "flaxhead", someone with flaxen hair), but the color of flax is not even that light, and I think even lighter shades of ash brown are still close to the color of flax:

Last edited by Ymyyakhtakh; 12-11-2019 at 08:58 AM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information