Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29,829
    Given: 24,541

4 Not allowed!

Default Ethnogenesis of the Arabs

By Agamemnon:

Long version: FGC1695 is one of the branches of FGC1723 associated with the emergence and dispersal of the earliest Arabic-speaking communities. That being said, odds are this branch, much like FGC1723, did not arise in the Arabian peninsula. All the evidence so far indicates that the Proto-Arabs came from an area encompassing what is now Southern Syria, Northern Jordan and NWern Saudi Arabia, a region which is roughly congruent with the Harrat ash-Shamah desert. The earliest mention of the Arabs in the epigraphic record is to be found on the second column of Shalmaneser III's inscription in the Kurkh monolith (line 94) in reference to the battle of Qarqar during the mid-9th century BCE:

The above translates roughly as "one thousand camels of Gindibu of the land of Arabia". The name "Gindibu" is probably an early version of the Arabic جندب jundub meaning "grasshopper". The oldest Arabic inscriptions are to be found in the form of the language of the Safaitic and Hismaic inscriptions, here's a map detailing the distribution of these early forms of Arabic:

As you can see, both Safaitic and Hismaic were spoken in the easternmost parts of the Levant and, at best, the NWern edge of the Arabian peninsula. Keep in mind that most of the other languages on the map (Thamudic B/C/D; Dadanitic; etc) cannot be categorised as Old Arabic and one of those (Taymanitic) could be tentatively classified as a NW Semitic language underscoring a fairly complex linguistic history in Arabia. A more precise map of the exact geographic distribution of these inscriptions gives us a good idea of the extent of the Proto-Arabic homeland:

So the spread of the early Arabs followed a north-to-south pattern, and not a south-to-north one from Yemen which is what traditional Arab historiography generally claims. Likewise, the spread of FGC1723 and its immediate branches (FGC8712, FGC1695, etc) also seems to follow a north-to-south pattern. The presence of FGC11 in one of the Bronze Age Sidonians further strengthens the current consensus placing the Proto-Semitic homeland in the Levant, in fact even FGC3723 is bound to have originated in the Levant even though this branch of FGC11 undoubtedly migrated deep into Arabia (all the way to Yemen) at least a thousand years before FGC1723.

Short version: Yes, while FGC1695 as a whole is strongly correlated with the emergence and dispersal of the earliest Arabs, in all likeliness its origin cannot be traced back to Arabia proper but rather to the eastern Levant (and that's because the Proto-Arabs themselves came from that area). While this branch is apparently tied to the ethnogenesis of the Arabs, this does not mean that the correlation is perfect, this lineage could've remained in some small isolated pockets in the Levant.

I would surmise that they were more similar to Jordan_EBA (which is now called "Levant_BA_South"), in fact I would not be surprised if these samples turned out to be virtually identical to the Proto-Semites. Harney et al. seem to be of the same opinion, though they couch it in more cautious terms the idea is essentially the same:

We obtained additional insight by running qpAdm with Levant_BA_South as a target of two-way admixture between Levant_N and Iran_ChL, but now adding Levant_ChL and Anatolia_N to the basic 09NW “Right” set of 11 outgroups. The addition of the Levant_ChL causes the model to fail, indicating that Levant_BA_South and Levant_ChL share ancestry following the separation of both of them from the ancestors of Levant_N and Iran_ChL. Thus, in the past there existed an unsampled population that contributed both to Levant_ChL and to Levant_BA_South, even though Levant_ChL cannot be the direct ancestor of Levant_BA_South because, as described above, it harbors Anatolia_N-related ancestry not present in Levant_BA_South.

[...]

The Levant_BA_South population may thus represent a remnant of a population that formed after an initial spread of Iran_ChL-related ancestry into the Levant that was not affected by the spread of an Anatolia_N-related population, or perhaps a reintroduction of a population without Anatolia_N-related ancestry to the region."

Sidon_BA obviously has additional Iran_Chl and Armenia_EBA-like ancestry, while the Saudis are generally a poor proxy source (and that's ignoring the sheer diversity not just within Saudi Arabia but the Arabian peninsula as a whole, some populations such as the Mahra are much more appropriate if we are to use contemporary populations as proxies).
    https://anthrogenica.com/showthread....lade-of-FGC11)
    It makes perfect sense really.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-06-2021 @ 03:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Another point by Agamemnon:
    If these MRCA estimates do not change - and there's little reason to suppose they will - we're basically looking at a series of founder effects under FGC3723 and not an early entry followed by a long stagnation (which is what the data previously suggested). All the branches of FGC3723 have the exact same TMRCA estimates (between 4000 and 3000 yBP), that's very telling. This definitely makes a migration during the second half of the second millennium BCE much more plausible.

As for FGC11, this estimate is bound to be revised, the inclusion of the Bronze Age Sidonian would suffice to obtain that kind of result. That does not mean that the younger TMRCA estimates for FGC3723 and FGC1723 do not have important implications, they certainly have, and while I'd argue that Proto-OSA and Proto-Arabic were spoken at opposite ends of the Central Semitic dialect continuum, the identical TMRCA estimates put the phylogenetic relationship between both branches in a new light which might have some linguistic implications. For example, it could explain some of the areal features common to both Old Arabic and some of the OSA languages, such as the negative particles lm in North Sabaic and lhm in Minaic analogous to the Arabic lam, it would not be unusual for mobile societies to be part of a sprachbund.

Either way, it makes a migration of FGC3723 deep into Arabia a thousand years prior to the arrival of FGC1723 much more unlikely, it also makes an origin of FGC3723 in the Levant more likely though. And while OSA (and thus FGC3723) is still bound to have preceded the earliest Arabic-speaking communities in Arabia, it also allows us to make a case for prolonged contact between the two at an early stage. The LBA collapse is more likely to have had something to do with the spread of the Proto-Arabs, FGC1723's TMRCA estimates strengthen such a scenario.
    https://anthrogenica.com/showthread....f-FGC11)/page2

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 07:50 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Asian
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    Ancestry
    Salkhit 625SNP, Otzi 803SNP, Mik15 798SNP, RISE493 1335SNP, I11456 1024SNP, I7718 980SNP, I9041 512S
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Texas
    Y-DNA
    H-M82 Z5890+Z34522+
    mtDNA
    U2a1a3*
    Taxonomy
    sub-brachycephalic+Atlanto-Mediterranean+Caucasus-Alpine
    Hero
    James Bond
    Religion
    Hindu
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,458
    Given: 1,641

1 Not allowed!

Interestingly, I am matching big on those Jordan EBA samples on GED match

Vs I1705 Jordan EBA [2198-1966 BC] on 1cM/50SNP

Largest segment = 4.7 cM
    Total Half-Match segments (HIR = 251.3 cM (7.017 Pct)
    170 shared segments found for this comparison.
    206693 SNPs used for this comparison.
    54.173 Pct SNPs are full identical

Vs. I1730 Jordan EBA [2489-2299 BC]

Largest segment = 3.5 cM
    Total Half-Match segments (HIR) = 242.0 cM (6.754 Pct)
    161 shared segments found for this comparison.
    203277 SNPs used for this comparison.
    54.753 Pct SNPs are full identical

on going down to 25SNPS/.25 the match goes up to 37%
    Yfull [B]ID: YF83218 admix -> https://i.ibb.co/NjwQTz6/myherit1.png
    G25 Distance: 1.0778%
    86.2 IRN_Shahr_I_Sokhta_BA2
    5.2 ITA_Sardinia_C_o:I15940 1.4 ITA_Daunian
    3.6 PAK_Saidu_Sharif_H
    3.6 VK2020_SWE_Gotland_VA:VK464

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tipirneni View Post
    Interestingly, I am matching big on those Jordan EBA samples on GED match

Vs I1705 Jordan EBA [2198-1966 BC] on 1cM/50SNP
    Largest segment = 4.8 cM
    Total Half-Match segments (HIR) = 1339.8 cM (37.405 Pct)
    1794 shared segments found for this comparison.
    206693 SNPs used for this comparison.
    54.173 Pct SNPs are full identical

Vs. I1730 Jordan EBA [2489-2299 BC]
    Largest segment = 4.8 cM
    Total Half-Match segments (HIR) = 1322.2 cM (36.908 Pct)
    1678 shared segments found for this comparison.
    203277 SNPs used for this comparison.
    54.753 Pct SNPs are full identical
    That's shocking for me, lol. I expected you to have genetic relations mostly with Iran rather than with the Levant.

Banned
    Last Online
    12-21-2019 @ 11:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Turkomongrel
    Country
    Antarctica
    Taxonomy
    Inceloid
    Politics
    Nationalist Sharia
    Hero
    U.S.A
    Religion
    Progressive Sharia
    Relationship Status
    Incel/Reeee
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 317
    Given: 194

0 Not allowed!

Desert Aryans

Banned
    Last Online
    01-18-2021 @ 06:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Adyghea
    Taxonomy
    South Indian/Sri Lankan looking
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,064
    Given: 1,589

2 Not allowed!

It makes more sense for Arabs to have expanded from the Levant to the Arabian peninsula than the other way around. People are not much different from animals in that they tend to cluster in the most habitable areas and then expand their range from there when the opportunity arises. There were Green Sahara periods which also included Arabia and made those desert areas inhabitable. The Levant served as a launching pad for migrations southwards into Arabia as well as North Africa during such periods.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 07:50 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Asian
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    Ancestry
    Salkhit 625SNP, Otzi 803SNP, Mik15 798SNP, RISE493 1335SNP, I11456 1024SNP, I7718 980SNP, I9041 512S
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Texas
    Y-DNA
    H-M82 Z5890+Z34522+
    mtDNA
    U2a1a3*
    Taxonomy
    sub-brachycephalic+Atlanto-Mediterranean+Caucasus-Alpine
    Hero
    James Bond
    Religion
    Hindu
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,458
    Given: 1,641

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Toppo900 View Post
    That's shocking for me, lol. I expected you to have genetic relations mostly with Iran rather than with the Levant.
    There used to be ancient route of H1 people traveling between Iran & Arabia & Syria and India/Sri Lanka/SE ASia. The old Indian documents mention about Asuras & Rakshasas. This might be the Asura people from Iraq/Syria/Armenia who used to live in huge palaces and were related to the Aryans up North as mentioned in old Indian literature.
    Yfull [B]ID: YF83218 admix -> https://i.ibb.co/NjwQTz6/myherit1.png
    G25 Distance: 1.0778%
    86.2 IRN_Shahr_I_Sokhta_BA2
    5.2 ITA_Sardinia_C_o:I15940 1.4 ITA_Daunian
    3.6 PAK_Saidu_Sharif_H
    3.6 VK2020_SWE_Gotland_VA:VK464

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tipirneni View Post
    There used to be ancient route of H1 people traveling between Iran & Arabia & Syria and India/Sri Lanka/SE ASia. The old Indian documents mention about Asuras & Rakshasas. This might be the Asura people from Iraq/Syria/Armenia who used to live in huge palaces and were related to the Aryans up North as mentioned in old Indian literature.
    That could be the case since that the Jordan_EBA cluster the closest to modern day Saudis and Arabians in general in contrast to us modern day Levantines who cluster far more closely to later bronze and iron age periods of the Levant due to migrations from iran and anatolia to the region.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-18-2021 @ 06:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Adyghea
    Taxonomy
    South Indian/Sri Lankan looking
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,064
    Given: 1,589

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Toppo900 View Post
    There's minor ANF/Levant type ancestry present in south asia. that's what he's matching with.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA