Religion
    None
    Relationship Status
    Broken man
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,156
    Given: 2,160

1 Not allowed!

Majority in all Latin American countries are mixed.

Forget about white vs black. just from comparing to Europeans.

Its quite obvious that the Brazilians label themselves around 40% white (with admixture of 85% European on average for the label and the rest split of Native and African),
    but genetically the number of Europeans would probably be half of that figure.

Last Online
    03-29-2024 @ 10:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    L1a1
    mtDNA
    J1
    Taxonomy
    Indo-Brachid + Gracile Indid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,455
    Given: 11,125

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Toppo900 View Post
    Well, in terms of languages, religions and ethnicity, and even ancestral genetic ancestries, the Indian subcontinent is one of the most diverse regions in the world.
    yeah we have intra diversity but vast majority look south asian. with brazil/latin america you'll have people that can pass in almost any region of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dna8 View Post
    If God is an artist, the female form is his masterpiece.

All the rage my little dark age... Cernunnos's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:02 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ibero-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Portuguese. 53% EEF + 29% Steppe + 13% WHG + 5% Iberomaurusian
    Country
    Portugal
    Region
    Lisbon
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27 (Most likely)
    mtDNA
    Faço puto de ideia
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Hero
    Não tenho 10 anos...
    Relationship Status
    It's complicated
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,341
    Given: 2,226

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Adamastor View Post
    I don't agree with his whitewashing agenda but you also have a tendency to darkwash Brazil without ever having setting foot in Brazil and mostly as a mean of distancing yourself from it since you're Portuguese and don't want to be lumped with Brazilians. I perceive this behaviour in Portuguese from these forums (which are eurocentric/whitewasher forums where everyone wants to be the whitest), they always try to darkwash Brazil as most as they can to avoid being confused with Brazilians. They also like to say things like ''yeah, we colonized Brazil, but we don't have anything to do with them, just like Brits with India'' haha.

''White'' is a subjective term anyway, I've seen Brazilians near 95-99% European looking mixed and others with only 70% Euro looking European so these genetic studies with averages need to be taken with a grain of salt if anything.
    It's about being honest, not being OWD or wanting to "whitewash" anyone. Brazilians have already on average a huge amount of Portuguese ancestry (colonial/recent doesn't matter), which are not already the whitest of the Europeans, put in an average Portuguese (may be med, atlantic, "exotic", nordic, wtv looking) 15%/20% non caucasian input and you will have probably a darker than what you would have thought pardo. Many dark/average looking pardos are in fact only 15-30% non caucasian.

Also people think Brazil is a country of mulattoes/mixed people/mestiços, because perhaps you can't understand that a 100% EuropeanAmerican individual doesn't give a shit if "50% of Brazilians are at least 80% European", I mean he is already 98-100% European, when that myth that Brazil was only blacks and mulattoes spread throughout all over the World (at the course of the 20th century) the USA was 80-90% european/white until the mid 80's/early 90's, the American society (WASP plus white minorities) looked at Brazil as "black/mixed" country, because in fact not even 15/20% Brazilians at any time in history looked like WASP's/Northern European Americans (which even today are 80% of the population). Even today the USA is like 3x/4x more White than Brazil (in terms of absolute numbers), so I don't get your point, and many White Brazilians are already mixed, so I don't get your point, what would you want them to think about Brazilians? Super Sayans out of Valhala?

An American/Canadian/Anglo would even think of an Italian/Portuguese/Spaniard as a "Dago-Guinea olive picker" and not as "one of them", now imagine a country like Brazil and Brazilians in general.

You think too much about gedmatch averages, people will look at you and will tell you that you look like an X, because it's a stereotype of the X population, might be bigoted and discriminative towards others, but if it's a stereotype maybe it's because it has a point of truth in there.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-02-2020 @ 02:29 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Reptile
    Ethnicity
    Corona Virus
    Ancestry
    Reptilian Galaxy
    Country
    South-Korea
    Region
    Warmia-Masuria
    Y-DNA
    I1
    Taxonomy
    Reptilian
    Politics
    Anti--Humans
    Hero
    Mortimer
    Religion
    Interstellar paganism
    Relationship Status
    Widowed
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,306
    Given: 1,198

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoon View Post
    Majority in all Latin American countries are mixed.

Forget about white vs black. just from comparing to Europeans.

Its quite obvious that the Brazilians label themselves around 40% white (with admixture of 85% European on average for the label and the rest split of Native and African),
    but genetically the number of Europeans would probably be half of that figure.
    Actually the number of genetically Europeans is even lower than 20%, only around 10-12% of Brazilians are fully European.

But it would be quite ridiculous to say that this girl shouldn't consider herself white even if she's not fully Euro:

I see people here talking a lot of shit about Brazilians, but actually Brazilians aren't the worst self-classifiers and neither the most OWD nationality around anthroforums. These myths that even people who look mulatto self-classify as white in Brazil are pure bullshit, anthrofora legends. Nothing more.

There are countries in which self-declared white people are in the range of Brazilian self-identified pardos genetically and they are never singled out as OWDers or anything.

And it not considering some Southern Europeans who are OWDers themselves, posting only people who are extremely unrepresentative of their countries.

I mean, if I post a video with phenotypes from where I live people would call me ''whitewasher'' if that video don't fit what they expect to see (uniformly mulatto and black looking people) even if what they expect isn't really the average.
    Last edited by Adamastor; 11-16-2019 at 08:29 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-06-2021 @ 03:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29,829
    Given: 24,541

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Thambi View Post
    yeah we have intra diversity but vast majority look south asian. with brazil/latin america you'll have people that can pass in almost any region of the world.
    Well, Brazilians are made up of three main races; Europeans, Amerindians and West Africans. Indians on the other hand are made up of different genetic components that are from different regions of the world like west Asia, central Asia, SE Asia, Eastern European, south Eurasia and etc. Most if not all Brazilians speak Portuguese as their first language while India has 780 different languages spoken belonging to different language families, branches and etc:

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Reptile
    Ethnicity
    Corona Virus
    Ancestry
    Reptilian Galaxy
    Country
    South-Korea
    Region
    Warmia-Masuria
    Y-DNA
    I1
    Taxonomy
    Reptilian
    Politics
    Anti--Humans
    Hero
    Mortimer
    Religion
    Interstellar paganism
    Relationship Status
    Widowed
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    It's about being honest, not being OWD or wanting to "whitewash" anyone. Brazilians have already on average a huge amount of Portuguese ancestry (colonial/recent doesn't matter), which are not already the whitest of the Europeans, put in an average Portuguese (may be med, atlantic, "exotic", nordic, wtv looking) 15%/20% non caucasian input and you will have probably a darker than what you would have thought pardo. Many dark/average looking pardos are in fact only 15-30% non caucasian.

Also people think Brazil is a country of mulattoes/mixed people/mestiços, because perhaps you can't understand that a 100% EuropeanAmerican individual doesn't give a shit if "50% of Brazilians are at least 80% European", I mean he is already 98-100% European, when that myth that Brazil was only blacks and mulattoes spread throughout all over the World (at the course of the 20th century) the USA was 80-90% european/white until the mid 80's/early 90's, the American society (WASP plus white minorities) looked at Brazil as "black/mixed" country, because in fact not even 15/20% Brazilians at any time in history looked like WASP's/Northern European Americans (which even today are 80% of the population). Even today the USA is like 3x/4x more White than Brazil (in terms of absolute numbers), so I don't get your point, and many White Brazilians are already mixed, so I don't get your point, what would you want them to think about Brazilians? Super Sayans out of Valhala?

An American/Canadian/Anglo would even think of an Italian/Portuguese/Spaniard as a "Dago-Guinea olive picker" and not as "one of them", now imagine a country like Brazil and Brazilians in general.

You think too much about gedmatch averages, people will look at you and will tell you that you look like an X, because it's a stereotype of the X population, might be bigoted and discriminative towards others, but if it's a stereotype maybe it's because it has a point of truth in there.
    Well, I don't disagree with your reasoning, I just don't see why we should adopt anglo-centered perspectives since it doesn't mean anything in our societies. For many Americans you are not a white even being from Europe, so what?

But you are actually wrong in one point: the idea that the average pardo is only 15% non-European is ridiculous. The average non-white ancestry in typical looking pardos is way more than 15%, it's not like Neymar is 85% European. That's what you imply with your comments. One cannot look 5-10% something, it's ridiculous. I've seen tons of Brazilian results with pics.

Typical or dark looking pardos generally have way more than just 15/20% non-Euro. The 30% average of african + indigenous is just an average, it means about half of them are more than 30% African.
    MyHeritage recently tested dark pardo/black looking Brazilians and they all came more than 30% West African: https://blog.myheritage.com.br/2019/...ol-brasileiro/

I don't think if someone is 80-90% Portuguese that person is wrong in identifying more with the Portuguese than with West Africans or Amerindians, especially considering that that person probably looks much closer to a Portuguese than to a West African/Amerindian. Even 50% African individuals (sometimes even lower) identify as African-Americans/African-Brazilians and no one one accuses them of being ''wannabe''. If the vast majority of your ancestry is something, you are much more that something than the remaining 10-15%.

You talk as if average Brazilian around 80-90% European looked like Neymar, but Brazilians in this range are more like the TA user Alnortedelsur or that Isleño guy. Someone with 80% of Southern Euro blood is not going to look like Ronaldinho, man. Wake up.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-21-2023 @ 06:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    French
    Ancestry
    France, Italy, Switzerland
    Country
    France
    Region
    Val d'Aosta
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,343
    Given: 3,478

1 Not allowed!

Well, I don't disagree with your reasoning, I just don't see why we should adopt anglo-centered perspectives since it doesn't mean anything in our societies. For many Americans you are not a white even being from Europe, so what?

But you are actually wrong in one point: the idea that the average pardo is only 15% non-European is ridiculous. The average non-white ancestry in typical looking pardos is way more than 15%, it's not like Neymar is 85% European. That's what you imply with your comments. One cannot look 5-10% something, it's ridiculous. I've seen tons of Brazilian results with pics.

Typical or dark looking pardos generally have way more than just 15/20% non-Euro. The 30% average of african + indigenous is just an average, it means about half of them are more than 30% African.
    MyHeritage recently tested dark pardo/black looking Brazilians and they all came more than 30% West African: https://blog.myheritage.com.br/2019/...ol-brasileiro/

I don't think if someone is 80-90% Portuguese that person is wrong in identifying more with the Portuguese than with West Africans or Amerindians, especially considering that that person probably looks much closer to a Portuguese than to a West African/Amerindian. Even 50% African individuals (sometimes even lower) identify as African-Americans/African-Brazilians and no one one accuses them of being ''wannabe''. If the vast majority of your ancestry is something, you are much more that something than the remaining 10-15%.

You talk as if average Brazilian around 80-90% European looked like Neymar, but Brazilians in this range are more like the TA user Alnortedelsur or that Isleño guy. Someone with 80% of Southern Euro blood is not going to look like Ronaldinho, man. Wake up.
    Neymar looks like a 55% european (I could say 56% face for the troll), no way people with 80+% euro admixture can look that dark or that SSA influenced.

Phenotype predates genotype in theses cases, unlike some people would say ("phenotype =/// genes").

"Allobroges vaillants ! Dans vos vertes campagnes,
    Accordez-moi toujours asile et sûreté,
    Car j'aime à respirer l'air pur de vos montagnes,
    Je suis la Liberté ! la Liberté !"

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Reptile
    Ethnicity
    Corona Virus
    Ancestry
    Reptilian Galaxy
    Country
    South-Korea
    Region
    Warmia-Masuria
    Y-DNA
    I1
    Taxonomy
    Reptilian
    Politics
    Anti--Humans
    Hero
    Mortimer
    Religion
    Interstellar paganism
    Relationship Status
    Widowed
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Samnium View Post
    Neymar looks like a 55% european (I could say 56% face for the troll), no way people with 80+% euro admixture can look that dark or that SSA influenced.

Phenotype predates genotype in theses cases, unlike some people would say ("phenotype =/// genes").
    Yeah, but according to our friend Cernunnos if a Brazilian with 80-90% euro blood identify as white he is a Neymar looking mongrel even if he looks like this:

I picked this guy because his ancestry is fully from colonial period and his mother had a mulatto grandfather. Saying he is a pardo is complete out of touch with reality.

Most self-identified whites in Brazil aren't pardo looking as Cernunnos make it to be.

All the rage my little dark age... Cernunnos's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:02 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ibero-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Portuguese. 53% EEF + 29% Steppe + 13% WHG + 5% Iberomaurusian
    Country
    Portugal
    Region
    Lisbon
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27 (Most likely)
    mtDNA
    Faço puto de ideia
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Hero
    Não tenho 10 anos...
    Relationship Status
    It's complicated
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,341
    Given: 2,226

0 Not allowed!

Me "Well many people from the X population might be 15-30% non euro, but they might be dark aswell"
    You "YOU THINK PEOPLE FROM THE X POPULATION ARE ONLY 15-30% NON EURO? PAKLJNSMÇNLDÇMSNNDDAJS NEYMAR DJAKSADADASA "

You also missed philosophy classes, didn't you?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-21-2023 @ 06:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    French
    Ancestry
    France, Italy, Switzerland
    Country
    France
    Region
    Val d'Aosta
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,343
    Given: 3,478

0 Not allowed!

Yeah, but according to our friend Cernunnos if a Brazilian with 80-90% euro blood identify as white he is a Neymar looking mongrel even if he looks like this:

I picked this guy because his ancestry is fully from colonial period and his mother had a mulatto grandfather. Saying he is a pardo is complete out of touch with reality.

Most self-identified whites in Brazil aren't pardo looking as Cernunnos make it to be.
    I don't think that pardos identify themselves primarily with the white case, I mean there is a limit to trickering yourself.

And no a 80/90% euro isn't a Neymar looking mongrel lol.

"Allobroges vaillants ! Dans vos vertes campagnes,
    Accordez-moi toujours asile et sûreté,
    Car j'aime à respirer l'air pur de vos montagnes,
    Je suis la Liberté ! la Liberté !"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information