Message of the Turkic Council Secretary General on the occasion of 23 October National Day of Hungary.

https://www.turkkon.org/en/haberler/...f-hungary_1911

On behalf of the Turkic Council and on my own behalf, I would like to convey our heartfelt congratulations on the occasion of Hungary’s National Day and send our best wishes for the continued success, happiness and prosperity of Hungary and its people.

Last year marked very significant developments in our relations between the Turkic Council and Hungary. Since Hungary became Turkic Council’s observer member at the Cholpon-Ata Summit in 2018, which was a very historical occasion.

Prime Minister H.E. Victor Orbán participated in the 7th Summit of the Turkic Council, that constituted a major milestone in the history of the Organization, coincided with the 10th anniversary of signing of its founding document, the Nakhcivan Agreement, convened in Baku last week. The issues and messages conveyed by Prime Minister Orbán in his address to the Summit were indeed noteworthy and important.

The opening of the Representation Office of the Turkic Council in Budapest in September 2019 was another major development in our relations and will help to deepen cooperation between the Turkic Council Member States and Hungary as well as enhance Council’s ties with the EU and other European institutions.

Nowadays Hungary vigorously takes part in the Turkic Council activities, ministerial and working group meetings as well as various programs and projects. Hungarian officials have attended almost all ministerial meetings of the Turkic Council as well as the 4th General Assembly of the Turkic University Union held in Turkistan where Szeged University of Hungary became a member of the Union. Hungarian side also hosted the meeting of Ministers in charge of ICT of the Turkic Council on September 2019 in Budapest.
I firmly believe that this partnership and collaboration, which is established on very strong roots, will effectively contribute to the creation of a prosperous and peaceful environment in our region and beyond, ensuring well-being and security for our people.

Taking this opportunity, I would like to once again congratulate Hungary and the people of Hungary on its National Day and convey my best regards.

Baghdad Amreyev

Secretary General of the Turkic Council