Where Dreams Are Made™.

Hollywood's lifelong commitment to "green" values.

It's just a casting couch, bro.

On Harvey Weinstein
Re:

ok, will stay quiet on the subject.
On Jul 22, 2014, at 8:50 AM, Henry Louis Gates, Jr. wrote:

> OH, NO! Please don't do that, Michael. I would be devastated.
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
>> On Jul 22, 2014, at 11:50 AM, "Lynton, Michael" wrote:
>>
>> not like mine, maybe i should step down from the board.
>>> On Jul 22, 2014, at 8:47 AM, Henry Louis Gates, Jr. wrote:
>>>
>>> I know. I've had my moments with Harvey, too, believe me.
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPad
>>>
>>>> On Jul 22, 2014, at 11:04 AM, "Lynton, Michael" wrote:
>>>>
>>>> no worries, just not on my watch.
>>>>> On Jul 22, 2014, at 7:38 AM, Henry Louis Gates, Jr. wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> Sorry, bro! After he received this huge award from the black film makers, he was unanimously selected--though after considerable discussion about his personality.

>>>>>
>>>>> ----- Original Message -----
>>>>> From: Lynton, Michael
>>>>> Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 10:24 AM
>>>>> To: Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
>>>>> Subject: Re:
>>>>>
>>>>> I would do many things for you, almost anything, but not that.
>>>>>> On Jul 22, 2014, at 7:19 AM, Henry Louis Gates, Jr. wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Would you consider coming to cambridge to present Harvey Weinstein with the Du Bois Medal on September 30th? Meryl is receiving one, Steve Mc Queen, Shonda Rhimes, Maya Angelou, and Valerie Jarrett. Maybe Poitier.

>>

https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/131242

On Barack Obama
Amy Pascal and Rudin were also noted to have had an e-mail exchange about Pascal's upcoming encounter with Barack Obama that included characterizations described as racist, which led to Pascal's resignation from Sony.[23][24][25][26] The two had suggested they should mention films about African-Americans upon meeting the president, such as Django Unchained, 12 Years a Slave and The Butler, all of which depict slavery in the United States or the pre-civil rights era.[23][24][25]
On "Goliath"
Details of lobbying efforts by politician Mike Moore on behalf of the Digital Citizens Alliance and FairSearch against Google were also revealed.[28]
Wikipedia collision
According to The Daily Dot, based on the e-mail leaks, while he was at Sony, executive Charles Sipkins was responsible for following senior executives' orders to edit Wikipedia articles about them.[35]
MPAA
In January 2015, details were revealed of the MPAA's lobbying of the United States International Trade Commission to mandate U.S. ISPs either at the internet transit level or consumer level internet service provider, to implement IP address blocking pirate websites as well as linking websites.[39]
Rudin
(on Angelina Jolie) “YOU BETTER SHUT ANGIE DOWN BEFORE SHE MAKES IT VERY HARD FOR DAVID TO DO JOBS,” Rudin said in one email, presumably referring to Jolie, to which Pascal told him not to threaten her.
[...]
“I’m not remotely interested in presiding over a $180m ego bath that we both know will be the career-defining debacle for us both,” reads one email from Rudin. “I’m not destroying my career over a minimally talented spoiled brat who thought nothing of shoving this off her plate for eighteen months so she could go direct a movie. I have no desire to be making a movie with her, or anybody, that she runs and that we don’t. She’s a camp event and a celebrity and that’s all and the last thing anybody needs is to make a giant bomb with her that any fool could see coming. We will end up being the laughing stock of our industry and we will deserve it, which is so clearly where this is headed that I cannot believe we are still wasting our time with it.”
[***]
(to Pascal) “You’ve destroyed your relationships with half the town over how you’ve behaved on this movie,” Rudin wrote to Pascal. “If you don’t think it’s true, wait and see. Let’s see the next filmmaker WME puts in business at Sony or the next piece of star talent. I’ll bet my house I’m right.”
[***]
Ellison, whose Annapurna Pictures had wanted to finance the [Steve] Jobs movie when it was at Sony. Rudin referred to Ellison as a “bipolar 28-year-old lunatic” and implied that she needed to take her “meds” to get the production off the ground.

Spideyman notes
Recap of Kevin Feige Notes - 11.19,13
There are too many story lines and we need to choose which ones we are focusing on and lift out the other ones, ie; could reduce father arc to just Roosevelt?
Could cut out plane crash and Richard destroying spiders and start on armored car – don’t start with Spider-Man….let the danger/stakes to NYC build first and then have Spider-Man enter the scene heroically.
Tone down Paul Giamatti performance, so he seems a bit more menacing and less cartoonish.
[...]
Tiny note – don’t think Peter would lie to Gwen about sirens --- maybe he just downplays it…
[...]
Not sure what Peter learns at Roosevelt is entirely correct. We’re distracted by the idea that Peter became Spider-Man b/c of his father’s blood --- all this special back story with his super-scientist dad fights with the idea that Peter is normal kid from Queens who becomes the greatest super-hero in the world…
Andrew’s performance is all over the place…a lot of crying and then a lot of mania. Hard to track him emotionally sometimes. It undermines his reaction to Gwen’s death b/c he gets upset and emotional a lot.
Don’t like the idea that May tells Peter his parents were spies b/c two seconds later he finds out they are not and it again fights with the idea that he’s an ordinary kid.
Like the idea that May finds out he’s Spider-Man – finds his costume instead of just the rosemary harris wink-wink all the time.
[...]
Don’t need Aunt May in the kitchen.
Spider-man needs to feel more directly responsible for preventing the planes from crashing.
Don’t show New Yorkers looting.

https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/88763

Dragon Tattoo draft
> On Oct 21, 2014, at 2:03 PM, Pascal, Amy wrote:
>
> So happy to get this email
> I would love to chat with you
> Amy
>
> Sent from my Sony Xperia Z2
>
>> On Oct 21, 2014, at 1:18 PM, RM wrote:
>>
>> Dear Amy,
>> Hello, how are you? I hope you are well- its been a very long time!
>> I'm writing because I wanted to ask you about the Dragon Tattoo
>> sequels. Logic tells me they are not ever happening
- as it's been
>> almost 3 years since it came out. But I had still been holding out a
>> little bit of hope. I know there had been talks to do some sort of TV
>> version without me. People still ask me about it ALL the time. And I
>> never know quite what to say. So I guess I just wanted to ask you so I
>> could know for myself and so that I can let it go for good if that's
>> the case. It's obviously a character and an experience I hold very
>> close.
>>
>> Hope you're doing really well.
>>
>> Xo
>> Sincerely,
>> Rooney

https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/88763
Third wheel celeb "situation"
Re: Situation with RJ Mitte which I was handled.

Ok. Not sure I understand. The publicity guy you hired was not particularly nice to him when he removed him from a cast photo. He is such an amazing kid.

Sent on the run

On Nov 25, 2013, at 11:18 PM, "Friedman, Fritz" wrote:

Thanks for that nice note. I think the entire cast was very pleased with the evening based on what I saw and what I heard them say. The evening ended punctually at 10:30PM.

Just one situation I wanted to brief you on which, I think, has been handled.

RJ Mitte’s mother called us to say that RJ was upset that he was not asked to sign. We explained that Barnes and Noble only allowed us four cast members because of the long line of fans which we had to go through. Having a fifth would have really jammed the line. (Everyone got through and the consumers were thrilled!).

We also informed RJ’s publicist via emails, calls, etc. about the situation, but I guess she did not tell RJ. RJ’s mom said she was going to call you and Vince to complain. I did tell Vince who was grateful that I told him and said not to worry about it. But I also wanted to inform you.

I think we were able to mitigate the situation by offering to get some additional publicity focusing on RJ - and his Mom thought that that was a good start. But we did remind her that RJ was in the photo session and participated in the Q&A which will generate a lot of publicity for her boy.

All the best and have a great Thanksgiving

FF
Fritz Friedman

https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/7214
Ryan Gosling Bio Shock untitled movie
Gosling

Hi Amy,

Ryan asked me to as you if you are really doing a Bio Shock movie. Not sure exactly which one he is referring to, but I told him I would ask.

All my best,

Ilene

https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/16857
Chinese comfort food and fresh cappuccinos
Re: Fwd: Re:

I figured wasn't Ferguson turning traitor

_____

On May 5, 2014, at 8:14 AM, "ODell, Steven" wrote:

Yeah easy to say, but when she brings you into the office conference room, has little Andrew in there, offers you comfort food and fresh cappuccino, I can see why Patty Hearst and the guy from Homeland flipped. She's a pro.

Steven

On May 5, 2014, at 7:41 AM, "Blake, Jeff" wrote:

Don't crack ! You're also not a Communist if she tries to get you to confess to that .

_____

Date: May 5, 2014 at 7:00:43 AM PDT
To: "Pascal, Amy"
Subject: Re:

Weather turned in Europe: Germany down only 7% from last weekend and Belgium UP 33% (this was the same for almost all films in each market) That is why I'm hesitant to take any number down too fast especially with another week without big competition and why at least $450 + China possible

Steven

https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/202858
"Ha ha (Sent from my Sony Xperia Z2)"
Ha ha

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z2

> On Nov 9, 2014, at 12:46 PM, Tate wrote:
>
> Does this mean I can start emailing you hot random pics of penis?
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Nov 9, 2014, at 12:44 PM, Pascal, Amy wrote:
>>
>> are you kidding
>> made me love you even more
>>> On Nov 9, 2014, at 12:42 PM, Tate wrote:
>>>
>>> I hope you enjoyed my face plant into your cleavage as much as I did. If not I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself tequila brain. Are Ya mad at me?
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>

https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/162454
Hollywood knows what those youngum whippersnappers want
Bill Murray "situation"/Ironybusters

https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/162454