Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it true that almost everyone can pass in Latin America?

El_Abominacion

1 Not allowed!

Speaking as a non-Latin American, My perception is that the vast majority of Latin Americans are either of European (Pred Southern), Mestizo, Pred. West African, Mulatto or triracial stock. Then of course in Brazil there is a wider variety with also Lebanese, Japanese, North African etc people. Some ethnicities can have a pseudo Mestizo look, e.g. Levantines, North Africans, some Southeast Asians, Afghans and mixed race people. With that said there are some groups i’d never envision seeing in Latin America, or even being able to pass as pseudo European, Mestizo, Mulatto, pred. West African or triracial. Some examples being a large percentage of Somalis, Koreans, and South Indians. I believe that these groups tend to have a more ‘distinct’ and less ambiguous look, meaning they can’t generally pass outside of their region

Banned
    Last Online
    02-06-2021 @ 03:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    None
    Country
    Ethiopia
    Religion
    Animism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,704
    Given: 5,603

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Abominacion View Post
    Speaking as a non-Latin American, My perception is that the vast majority of Latin Americans are either of European (Pred Southern), Mestizo, Pred. West African, Mulatto or triracial stock. Then of course in Brazil there is a wider variety with also Lebanese, Japanese, North African etc people. Some ethnicities can have a pseudo Mestizo look, e.g. Levantines, North Africans, some Southeast Asians, Afghans and mixed race people. With that said there are some groups i’d never envision seeing in Latin America, or even being able to pass as pseudo European, Mestizo, Mulatto, pred. West African or triracial. Some examples being a large percentage of Somalis, Koreans, and South Indians. I believe that these groups tend to have a more ‘distinct’ and less ambiguous look, meaning they can’t generally pass outside of their region
    Great insight and detailed overview of this controversial ongoing topic!

Also I examined this issue and feel that there are many other numerous populations in the OP that would be perceived as extremely exotic/alien in and literally stand out in Latin America: Australoids (Papuans, Abos, Melanesians), Andamanese, Nilotic Africans (probably Omotics as well), Khoisan and also many Veddoid and Austroasiatic type Indians. Also many Central Asians and Siberians who look too Turanid, Aralid, or extreme Tungid as well.

Its probably has virtually nothing to do with why they would stand out in Latin America but I notice that these groups have one thing in common though: they are all indigenous hunter gatherer tribes rather than mainstream races like most SSAs, Caucasoids (Euros, MENAs), most Mongoloids,.
    Last edited by Maguzanci; 11-13-2019 at 11:48 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    None
    Country
    Ethiopia
    Religion
    Animism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Another remarkable factor that I observed about these populations that would look exotic and foreign in Latin America's standards: a lot of them have very black pigmentation almost blueish hue which is something most Latinos lack with the exception of some who are pred. Niger-Congo/West-Central African descent.

Moreover, these groups have very "ethnic" features such as archaic, and robust phenotypes among Australoids, Veddoid Indians and some Nilotic Africans which could not be simply replicated/duplicated by multigenerations of miscegenations of European, Native American and SSA (West African/Bantu) races.

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 03:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    America Southern Cone
    Ancestry
    portuguese, italian, german
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Parana
    Politics
    One that works
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,779
    Given: 208

0 Not allowed!

Levantines, Japanese, Korean and Chinese are minority immigrants in Brazil, don't count on mixing with these people (but there are).

amerindians are from halogroup Q-m3 (Siberian Altaic) and brown C (origin?). halogroup N Inuit does not have here.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    03-13-2024 @ 09:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Not White
    Country
    Brazil
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,495
    Given: 884

0 Not allowed!

Most South Central Asians pass in Latin America. In fact the way that people view Uzbeks and Tajiks overall is somewhat wrong and after travelling there I'm sure many of them pass as Mestizos/Harnizos/Castizos without any problem.

More Eastern looking Kazakhs or Siberians would be labeled as japanese in Brazil or chinese in other countries.

The only exceptions would be high Skin VI Austronesians (too dark and too exotic) IMO. And at some degree, since few Indians moved into South America, would be easier to spot one since they have some specific traits. All other groups can be misguided to any other we have here.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    None
    Country
    Ethiopia
    Religion
    Animism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos One View Post
    Most South Central Asians pass in Latin America. In fact the way that people view Uzbeks and Tajiks overall is somewhat wrong and after travelling there I'm sure many of them pass as Mestizos/Harnizos/Castizos without any problem.

More Eastern looking Kazakhs or Siberians would be labeled as japanese in Brazil or chinese in other countries.

The only exceptions would be high Skin VI Austronesians (too dark and too exotic) IMO. And at some degree, since few Indians moved into South America, would be easier to spot one since they have some specific traits. All other groups can be misguided to any other we have here.
    Do some Central Asians like Uzbek, Hazara, Kazakh also pass among Indomestizos/Amerindians? Of Andean and Patagonid type I guess?

"The only exceptions would be high Skin VI Austronesians (too dark and too exotic) IMO"- Are these Austronesians you referring SE Asians or Polynesians? Most other SE Asians won't be able to pass right?

"All other groups can be misguided to any other we have here."- Sorry but I don't follow this statement. Can you clarify and elaborate what you are trying to convey by this sentence?

Banned
    Last Online
    01-12-2024 @ 09:55 PM
    The Americas -> North America -> Hispanic America -> Mexico -> Western Mexico
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanoamericano Virreinal (1000% mexican! Born, raised and living in Mexico)
    Ethnicity
    60.73-65.1% European/MENA, 33-35.81% Indigenous American and 2-3.45% SSA
    Ancestry
    Spain, Mesoamerica, Western and Central Africa
    Country
    Mexico
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b1b -> L19 -> M81 -> M183 -> PF2477 -> PF2546
    mtDNA
    Unknown
    Taxonomy
    Castizo: Alpinized Gracile Med and slightly Baskid + Minor Margid
    Politics
    Meritocracy, "Git Gud" and Ius Soli
    Hero
    Cristóbal de Ońate, Reina Isabel la Católica, Tzilacatzin, Porfirio Díaz and Dr. Iosif Lazaridis
    Religion
    Agnosticism (Culturally Roman Catholicism)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,503
    Given: 10,131

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Maguzanci View Post
    Can you specifically point out the groups in OP that can pass and the groups that could not?
    I will answer you, just wait a little

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    None
    Country
    Ethiopia
    Religion
    Animism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HelloGuys View Post
    I will answer you, just wait a little
    Thank you. Appreciate it.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-31-2020 @ 02:55 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    brazilian
    Ethnicity
    brazilian
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Sao Paulo
    Religion
    atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by luc2112 View Post
    I have no way to separate, Zambos from Mulatos. In general they are tri-racial. I don't find it useful to compare, the phenotype here varies (only some will be similar to these Africans).
    zambo in brazil? : picard1:

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    None
    Country
    Ethiopia
    Religion
    Animism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bandeirante View Post
    zambo in brazil? : picard1:
    Can the groups in the first post pass or do they look foreign/not pass/stand out?

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread Information