Region
    Moscow
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 194
    Given: 293

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lawspeaker View Post
    Judging from the lay-out of the helmet and the way in which they were laying, it can't have been impossible for a heartbeat to have been picked up.
    Just provide me with at least one audio recording, where during the negotiations with the control center a heartbeat of a cosmonaut is heard.

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,729
    Given: 61,129

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by unseen View Post
    Just provide me with at least one audio recording, where during the negotiations with the control center a heartbeat of a cosmonaut is heard.
    According to good sources, her heartbeat was indeed heard and print-outs do exist:

The noises and pressures of flight terrified Laika: Her heartbeat rocketed to triple the normal rate, and her breath rate quadrupled. The National Air and Space Museum holds declassified printouts showing Laika’s respiration during the flight. She reached orbit alive, circling the Earth in about 103 minutes. Unfortunately, loss of the heat shield made the temperature in the capsule rise unexpectedly, taking its toll on Laika. She died “soon after launch,” Russian medical doctor and space dog trainer Oleg Gazenko revealed in 1993. “The temperature inside the spacecraft after the fourth orbit registered over 90 degrees,” Lewis says. “There’s really no expectation that she made it beyond an orbit or two after that.” Without its passenger, Sputnik 2 continued to orbit for five months.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Last Online
    06-29-2021 @ 12:48 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Region
    Moscow
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

According to good sources,
    Good sources write in this article: "An earlier version of this story incorrectly identified the postage stamp at the top of this article, stating it was from a Soviet bloc country. It is from the Emirate of Ajman, now part of the UAE."

her heartbeat was indeed heard and print-outs do exist:
    Where is the audio file?

How did this image turn into the audio file?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Good sources write in this article: "An earlier version of this story incorrectly identified the postage stamp at the top of this article, stating it was from a Soviet bloc country. It is from the Emirate of Ajman, now part of the UAE."

Where is the audio file?

How did this image turn into the audio file?

This article has some interesting light on it all though but it would also undermine Soviet "successes".

THE MYSTERIOUS HEARTBEAT SOUND FROM SPUTNIK TWO *
    by: Aaron George Bailey
    Sherwood, Arkansas USA
    October 4, 2007
    I've posted this article to stimulate thought on this subject and to help answer my questions about it. With
    Laika already dead, the distinctive beep of the Sputnik 2 beacon slowly mutated, or abruptly changed, into
    a pulsating sound which mimicked a
    heartbeat. A number of Western experts from government and
    amateur listening stations claimed this was a heartbeat and reasoned, wrongly as we know now, that Laika
    was still alive several days into the flight. Old phonograph records and printed news material from 1957
    make reference to the heartbeat sounds from Sputnik 2 and the myth survives till this day on the WWW.
    In
    a news release on November 7th the Soviets state that "Laika is alive on the 54th orbit- (see article). The
    Soviets must have known that Laika was dead at this point in time. If so, they kept it secret and they must
    have had a good chuckle about the Western experts being fooled by the heartbeat sound. On November
    7th, the heartbeat sound was ticking away on 20 megacycles, did they choose to lie about Laika still being
    alive in order to make the mission look more successful? The mutated beeping sound is interesting and
    to my knowledge this effect didn't happen with Sputnik 1 (see below- "Sputnik Analysis") which was
    carrying the same type of transmitter that was now being used on Sputnik 2. Actually, Sputnik 2 was using
    the Sputnik 1 backup sphere. This strange ongoing heartbeat sound, whether by accident or design,
    actually chimed in with Soviet propaganda about Sputnik 2, making it appear successful when in reality the
    biological experiment was cut short and flawed, a measured success at best. So what could have caused
    the heartbeat sound? We now know that Sputnik 2 temperature went high early on, killing Laika from heat
    stress.
    (2) We also know the battery was on a discharge curve and was depleted by the seventh day when
    radio transmissions ceased. So was the HF beacon affected by high temperature and/or low battery
    voltage, well possibly? But I would like to expand on the causes and put forth the following theory. What
    if the altered beacon was signaling, "Laika is dead?" A kind of secret code signal in the form of a
    heartbeat sound that the Soviets, purposely, designed into Sputnik 2. Could it be that Sputnik 2's HF
    beacon was wired to one of Laika's vitals? For example, if Laika's heartbeat stopped, it would switch the
    HF beacon to the altered form which sounded like a heartbeat. If true, how crafty of the Russians. This is
    pure speculation on my part. Technically this would be easy to do. A DEATH BEACON FROM THE DAWN OF
    THE SPACE AGE isn't so far fetched even though I don't have hard supporting evidence for this. The
    OBJECTIVE of the Sputnik 2 experiment was to determine how long a biological test subject could survive
    in weightlessness. The effect of prolonged zero G on a living organism was unknown and data was
    needed to determine if manned spaceflight was even possible. Was there a physiological barrier which
    would make manned spaceflight impossible? This was a major question at the dawn of the Space Age.
    Remember, in 1957 the Soviets didn't have a global network of tracking stations. Obviously, survival time
    of the test subject was important data and some form of conveyance was needed. Sputnik 2s HF
    (short-wave) radio beacon, given favorable conditions, could be heard over thousands of miles at a time
    when the VHF TRAL-D telemetry was either timed OFF to conserve battery power or out of range because
    its VHF radio signal was line-of-sight limited. The HF radio link could have transmitted a precise time of
    death when it switched the 20MHz (beeping) beacon to the heartbeat sound. We also know the Soviets
    used DECEPTION. For example, they gave News Agencies false coordinates for the launch site of Sputnik
    one.
    (4E) So isn't it also possible they wanted the DEATH BEACON to mimic a heartbeat sound for the
    purpose of confusing Western observers. They certainly didn't want the US to benefit from their research
    so why not create misinformation? The DEATH BEACON theory fits the objective of the experiment and it
    fits the Cold War climate of secrecy and deception. Once again, if true, how clever of the Soviets. And
    what if the Soviets didn't design the death beacon into Sputnik 2? But they too, were actually surprised
    when they tuned in the heartbeat sound from Sputnik 2. Only,,,, they chose to play it up, "Laika is still alive
    on the 54th orbit." They knew Western observers were confused by the heartbeat sound and they decided
    to take advantage of this for propaganda purposes and all the time knowing that Laika was already dead?
    In other words, they perpetuated misinformation and misunderstanding, by not revealing the truth in a
    timely way and made Sputnik 2 appear more successful than it was. This would have been slick
    propaganda. Of coarse, the radical change in the beacon could simply be related to natural decay of the
    signal due to low battery, or high temperature or possibly an electronics failure caused the change. The
    reason for the radically different beacon, and how it related to Soviet propaganda, is intriguing to think
    about. I put forth these speculations as an open question and I welcome feedback on this subject.
    Perhaps, more data points, recorded over the seven day lifetime of the transmitter, would help solve the
    puzzle. Additional samples of the signal could reveal ,either, a slow transition to the heartbeat sound, OR,
    an abrupt change to the heartbeat. The three data points we now have lean toward an abrupt change but
    this is not enough information to confirm my theory.

Aaron George Bailey ----- contact me at email- Laika-on-Sputnik-2@swbell.net
    Sherwood, ARkansas USA 72120
    Soviet Space History Enthusiast
    Aviation and Space Enthusiast
    Radio / Electronics Enthusiast - SWL -
    Ham operator - WA5HRC - QRP CW
    and Dog Lover - See my dog Chipper

THE FOLLOWING SAMPLES OF AUDIO DEMONSTRATE HOW THE 20 MHz BEACON CHANGED

The FIRST reporting of Sputnik 2 in the New York Times describes the 20.005 megacycle radio signal as
    having a beep rate of "3 per second", as monitored from Japan.
    (7) This sounds like the signal received by
    the East German Bochum Observatory and indicates that it too was recorded soon after launch.
    Dr.
    Benham
    provides radio observations on days three and four and he refers to the signal as, "the heartbeat
    of Laika." It is interesting that the beacon does not show any change over this two day period as if the
    beacon was being held in the altered state by some on board condition.

#1- SPUTNIK-2 BEACON SOON AFTER LAUNCH - received by Bochum Observatory in East Germany

#2- SPUTNIK-2 BEACON- the heartbeat sound received on day THREE -Nov. 6th - by Dr. Benham

#3- SPUTNIK-2 BEACON- the heartbeat sound received on day FOUR -Nov. 7th - by Dr. Benham

* NOTE: At best we can only speculate about what went wrong on Sputnik-2 ? A heartbeat sound on the
    third and forth day and in light of new thinking about Laika only surviving for 5 to 7 hours,
    (2) something
    doesn't add up. After an email exchange with famous Space Historian Sven Grahn, I began to think of the
    Sputnik 2 signal, not as a heartbeat but as the natural decay of the signal, perhaps due to low battery
    voltage or high temperature. Mr Grahn has a very fine web page, especially related to Soviet Space.
    See
    link- Sven's Space Place. My personal feelings are not to dismiss the DEATH BEACON theory completely.
    Perhaps new information will surface on the issue. Feedback on this subject is welcome, what do you
    think?

SPECIAL NOTE - Let it be known, the URL links and references herein might not necessarily embrace my
    point of view or agree with the historical accuracy or speculative nature of my work, which they certainly
    have the right to do.

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,551
    Given: 27,895

0 Not allowed!

I think it's extremely cruel and sad what they did to Laika. The humans who decide to travel into space do so by their own choices, knowing the risks, and they could've opted out... but little helpless Laika had no choice or say.

Sending a stray Moscow pup into orbit, with just one meal and only a seven-day oxygen supply, to roast to death in oven-like temperatures, is very inhumane and cruel. The dog's rapid breathing and heart rate showed she was petrified and extremely stressed from the pressure changes and sounds and extreme heat during the experience.... what a sad and cruel death. R.I.P. Laika.

Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 11-15-2019 at 07:45 AM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Region
    Moscow
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

This article has some interesting light on it all though but it would also undermine Soviet "successes".
    Now I understand the answer to my question.

The heartbeat relates to one audio recording and the conversation relates to another audio recording.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Region
    Moscow
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    I think it's extremely cruel and sad what they did to Laika. The humans who decide to travel into space do so by their own choices, knowing the risks, and they could've opted out...
    Do you prefer a man to die there instead of the dog?

but little helpless Laika had no choice or say.
    "It is estimated that more than 115 million animals worldwide are used in laboratory experiments every year...

Within the European Union, more than 12 million animals are used each year, with France, Germany and the United Kingdom being the top three animal using countries. British statistics reflect the use of more than 3 million animals each year, but this number does not include animals bred for research but killed as “surplus” without being used for specific experimental procedures." - https://www.hsi.org/news-media/about/

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

"It is estimated that more than 115 million animals worldwide are used in laboratory experiments every year...

Within the European Union, more than 12 million animals are used each year, with France, Germany and the United Kingdom being the top three animal using countries. British statistics reflect the use of more than 3 million animals each year, but this number does not include animals bred for research but killed as “surplus” without being used for specific experimental procedures." - https://www.hsi.org/news-media/about/
    Sometimes animal testing it's the only "moral" option. Had they gone on with cosmonauts, more would have died before they got it right. Most modern medication is created through the same process.

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,551
    Given: 27,895

0 Not allowed!

Yes I would much prefer that, absolutely 110%. There's serial killers siitting in jail, paedophiles, etc.... the planet's overpopulated ... so send them into space instead. What right should they have to live on earth?! Illegal immigrants could be deported to space instead. They keep returning and committing crimes after being deported numerous times. They won't ever come back again if they're held in a detention centre - and then when the time's ready and candidates are needed.... they can all be strapped inside a rocket and sent into space for research. I also suggest the convicted paedophile Ian Watkins, who drugged and raped peoples babies, be sent into space (with no meals and no supply of oxygen,) instead of innocent pups whose lives are worth far more than his.

I can think of plenty of scum to experiment on ... just look in the prisons. People who've murdered and stolen innocent lives should have their lives forfeited too. Think about it;- they're not much use alive as all they do is destroy others lives, they cost taxpayers money to keep them alive in prisons... the planet's overpopulated with people... so they could be put to good use by being experimented on for drug research.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 11-15-2019 at 10:55 PM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Last Online
    06-11-2020 @ 12:05 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sarmatian
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Wild Steppe
    Taxonomy
    Archaic Übermensch
    Politics
    Savage
    Religion
    dem boobiez
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,088
    Given: 3,785

1 Not allowed!

The recording (if genuine) have nothing to do with space. Landing crafts can't communicate with anything due to plasma around it blocking all signals.

The language used is very suspicious. The choice of words and intonations are really strange, Russians don't speak like that. Some parts translated into English are unintelligible, they sound nothing like what translation implies.

Considering lack of responses we could assume the craft was out in the sky while ground controls were beyond horizon so the signal from them wasn't reaching the observers. It could've been a plane test flight going wrong. However I'm not aware of any female testing pilots in USSR. Entire testing force was strictly male high ranking officers with extended flying experience.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information