Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Eye and hair colour distribution among 734 Hungarians (both sexes studied)

Last Online
    07-31-2022 @ 04:51 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    No idea
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Ancestry
    3/8 Hungarian 2/8 Bulgarian 2/8 Romanian 1/8 Croatian
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-(East)Baltid mix +(maybe)Uralid/Turanid admixture
    Politics
    I hate all of them
    Religion
    Freedom lmao
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,619
    Given: 3,546

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Blade View Post
    He's not lighter than you. Compare photos of you and him outside:

You're still a little lighter than him. I would treat you as blonde and him as light brown-haired.
    Your roots are also lighter than his.
    Yeah, but sometimes mine looks so dark, like so dark that it makes me doubt.

And it rarely looks THAT blonde, only in summer in direct sunlight. Usually it looks more ashy or reddish blonde.

I would give an example but apparently I have to pay to upload more than 10 pics per months lol not gonna happen.

Enviado desde mi CLT-L09 mediante Tapatalk
    Classify Me !

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...y-or-phenotype

Please vote here ---------------------------------------------------> https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...e-would-I-pass

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 04:57 AM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,554
    Given: 27,895

1 Not allowed!

European women twice as likely to be blonde as men, study says

16th April 2018

Women from European descent are twice as likely to be naturally blonde as men, according to new research.

The largest ever genetic study on pigmentation looked at nearly 300,000 people of European descent.

It found 124 new genes that play a major role in determining human hair colour variation.

The report's authors say they are not sure why there are so many more blonde women than men, calling it an "intriguing mystery".

The study which is published in Nature Genetics, builds on previous genetic studies that had only identified a dozen or so hair colour genes.

The data was supplied by the UK Biobank, American DNA testing company 23andMe and the International Visible Trait Genetics Consortium and their study partners in the Netherlands, Australia and Italy.

They chose people of European descent because of their variety in hair colours.

They found men were three times as likely as women to have black hair.

Prof Tim Spector, joint lead author, from Kings College London, told the BBC they were not expecting to find so many more blonde women than men.

"It's a mystery and it's intriguing because it wasn't what we were looking for. We thought it was a bias but it wouldn't go away and it's found in every sub-group of every population we saw," he said.

"It's a curious mystery because it's a very big effect - to see two and threefold effects both in a whole variety of American populations and European ones was quite amazing."

The researchers say it opens up a whole new area of research to discover why, but Prof Spector has some theories.

"We thought it might have something to do with the attraction of women for darker skinned men and vice versa - but we don't think the genes are any different. We think the genes are being expressed differently - so for some reason the blonde genes that may be there at birth are persisting in females and disappearing in males."

So blonde women are just as likely to give birth to blonde boys as blonde girls, but the boys are not keeping their genetically blonde hair when they grow up.

The changing of the expression of genes - switching them off and on - is known as epigenetics.

Prof Spector said it could be other genes that are affecting the process and there are examples of this in mice studies where chemicals, stress and hormones were found to affect the way some of the pigment genes work.

"But some of it could be for evolutionary reasons because blonde women are more likely to be successful with men and men are more likely to be more successful with women if they're dark-haired rather than light-haired.

"A lot of this is speculation - but it opens up a whole new area of research to try and work out why genes might be expressed differently in men and women and what the motive is - and whether this is a recent cultural change."

The discovery of 124 genes connected to hair colour also revealed some links to cancers such as skin, testicular, prostate and ovarian.

Other pigment genes they found affected the chances of having Crohn's disease and other forms of bowel disease.

The researchers, who include experts at Erasmus MC University Medical Centre in Rotterdam, hope their discoveries will help improve the understanding of these diseases and help develop new drugs to target these genes.

The genes also make it easier and more accurate to predict hair colour from DNA, which could help in forensic science for solving crimes, they add.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-43782751
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 04:57 AM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,554
    Given: 27,895

1 Not allowed!

What part of England are you from? Can you post group photos from your town?
    I don't think this applies for England as a whole, not just because of my surveys but my general interaction, too.
    I've never noticed that. I think scientific research and statistics on natural colours is more accurate than a few cherry-picked pics because people could dye their hair brunette, red, black, or bleach it blonde. I think one of the reasons why females generally have lighter hair than men here is because men frequently cut their hair short and the roots are usually a bit darker. The sun lightens and bleaches out the hair, and the centre parts and ends of the usually longer hair on females is highlighted by the sun.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Last Online
    03-02-2021 @ 10:24 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thracian/Scythian/Gothic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Dalofaelid with Corded Nordid influences
    Politics
    Fuck agendas
    Hero
    None.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,666
    Given: 13,081

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by IrisSelene View Post
    Yeah, but sometimes mine looks so dark, like so dark that it makes me doubt.

And it rarely looks THAT blonde, only in summer in direct sunlight. Usually it looks more ashy or reddish blonde.

I would give an example but apparently I have to pay to upload more than 10 pics per months lol not gonna happen.

Judging by your comments in this thread you probably display the same tendency as member Feiichy (a.k.a. Jana) who has also said her hair is blondest in summer but somewhat darker/brownish in winter.
    After not shaving for a while:

Last Online
    07-31-2022 @ 04:51 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    No idea
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Ancestry
    3/8 Hungarian 2/8 Bulgarian 2/8 Romanian 1/8 Croatian
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-(East)Baltid mix +(maybe)Uralid/Turanid admixture
    Politics
    I hate all of them
    Religion
    Freedom lmao
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,619
    Given: 3,546

1 Not allowed!

Judging by your comments in this thread you probably display the same tendency as member Feiichy (a.k.a. Jana) who has also said her hair is blondest in summer but somewhat darker/brownish in winter.
    It is though, and I heard it's pretty common among similar shades of blonde.

Ever since I was a child both my and my brothers hair would look super blonde almost white in summer and in the sunlight, and in winter it would get almost dark brown.

And Im not inventing it hahah my own family, friends and even bf noticed it. Same as with my eyes, they never know how to describe them.

Classify Me !

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...y-or-phenotype

Please vote here ---------------------------------------------------> https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...e-would-I-pass

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thracian/Scythian/Gothic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Fuck agendas
    Hero
    None.
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    I've never noticed that. I think scientific research and statistics on natural colours is more accurate than a few cherry-picked pics because people could dye their hair brunette, red, black, or bleach it blonde. I think one of the reasons why females generally have lighter hair than men here is because men frequently cut their hair short and the roots are usually a bit darker. The sun lightens and bleaches out the hair, and the centre parts and ends of the usually longer hair on females is highlighted by the sun.
    Yes, I agree research method is better, especially when supported by genetic facts.
    I'm no scientific pro but I also found English women to be blonder than men (fake blondes were counted with natural shades which varied from light brown to dark brown/black hair).
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...sexes-studied)
    Also, some seem to forget women not rarely darken their hair, too, as I noted in the respective thread.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thracian/Scythian/Gothic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Fuck agendas
    Hero
    None.
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Supercomputer View Post
    Here are some more.

The website is from Tata, Northern Hungary

Going photo by photo there is some variation (though not drastic) both in terms of eye and hair colour. However, this impression is falsely strengthened because the number of individuals on each photo is rather small.
    As a group, however, they fit ok (with a larger sample would probably even come closer to my results) my observations and my general opinion of Hungarians standing between Bulgarians and Germans/Czechs.
    It's true on genetic level also.
    Hungary genetic distance to:
    - Austria - 1,04
    - Czech Republic - 1,06
    - Southern Germany - 1,08
    - Bulgaria - 1,10
    - Northern Germany - 1,11
    - Poland - 1,14
    - Switzerland - 1,16
    - France - 1,16
    - Sweden - 1,22
    - Russia - 1,28
    - Spain - 1,32
    - Estonia - 1,41
    - Northern Italy - 1,42
    - Lithuania - 1,46
    - Latvia - 1,58
    - Southern Italy - 1,63
    - Finland (Helsinki) - 1,87
    - Finland (Kuusamo) - 2,68
    Source:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_history_of_Europe

Banned
    Last Online
    03-30-2022 @ 09:36 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    West-Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Ancestry
    Cold People
    Country
    Poland
    Taxonomy
    DaloFaelid
    Politics
    No fear, no hate, no broken hearts
    Hero
    Richelieu, Abraham Lincoln
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,487
    Given: 1,250

0 Not allowed!

Women are blonder everywhere. If I counted fake blondes with naturally brown/dark hair the number would have increased to above 35%, for sure. I counted these with their natural brown/dark shades, of course.
    This "everywhere" does not apply to Poland. According to research, men in Poland are blonder than women. Although the differences are very small. The same applies to the color of the eyes. Poles are more lighteyed than Polish women. Also with a small difference.

https://antropologia-fizyczna.pl/sta...ci-polski-1965
    https://antropologia-fizyczna.pl/sta...1956-1965-1995

Last Online
    03-25-2024 @ 05:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Slovenian
    Country
    New Zealand
    Politics
    Right wing
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,196
    Given: 677

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    This "everywhere" does not apply to Poland. According to research, men in Poland are blonder than women. Although the differences are very small. The same applies to the color of the eyes. Poles are more lighteyed than Polish women. Also with a small difference.

https://antropologia-fizyczna.pl/sta...ci-polski-1965
    https://antropologia-fizyczna.pl/sta...1956-1965-1995
    Also sweden.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information