Dravidian Nationalist
    Hero
    Mr. G
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,828
    Given: 13,088

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pribislav View Post
    Radolović came from Rad Serbian/Slavic word for work.
    It must have been the, ol, that piqued me falsely.

Kindest regards, my friend.

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,915
    Given: 7,434

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dušan View Post
    You're welcome.

I think you should create Bosanska Krajina (western Bosnia) as own region, because it has slightly different history and demography than rest of Bosnia.
    Its a good idea and someone else asked about it as well, but the reason I didn't is because most sources use the vague term "Bosnia" and I don't know which region of Bosnia they're referring to.

Let me give you some examples from the Bosnia section of the map:

1500s (O): Migration from Vojvodina, Bosnia, Hercegovina, Montenegro, and Old Serbia to Carniola, Hungary, Styria, and Slavonia.

Are they referring to Bosnian Krajina here or some other region of Bosnia?

1526 (O): First wave of Serb immigrants arrive in Žumberak. They are Uskoks from Bosnia.

1527 (O): The largest migration of Serbs to Dalmatia occurs. They came from Bosnia, Hercegovina and Old Serbia to lands abandoned by the native Croats. They mainly settled in Knin and Bukovica in Kotare.

In some instances its obvious, but in most cases, they just use the vague term "Bosnia" and you don't know which region of Bosnia they're referring to.

If you're able to look at all the events listed under Bosnia and differentiate which events occurred in Bosnian Krajina and which events occurred in some other region of Bosnia, then I will try to make it a separate region on the map.

Also; do you consider Donji Vakuf, Bugojno, and Gornji Vakuf to be part of Bosnian Krajina or not?

By the way, almost all of the events of Bachka, Srem, and Banat apply to Vojvodina as a whole. I am planning on merging them into one region soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dušan View Post
    There is one more interesting and less known migration to Vojvodina after 1918.
    There were some 20.000 Serbs who lived in todays Hungary when Trianon agreement was signed.

Most of them (over 70%) migrated to liberated northern part of Serbia, to Vojvodina, during 1920s.

https://www.poreklo.rs/2014/04/14/op...1931/?lang=lat
    http://www.politika.rs/sr/clanak/416...cile-za-Srbiju
    I just added it. If you find any more information I missed, just keep posting on this thread so I can update my map.

Last Online
    01-03-2021 @ 02:42 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Vatican City
    mtDNA
    U5b1c
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 102
    Given: 90

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    In order to better keep track of the migration of Serbs throughout history, I decided to create an interactive map documenting the migration history of Serbs throughout the Balkans. I had a lot of help from Pribislav in providing history for many of the regions here.

In the map, I tried to portray it from the point of view from each specific region. If you click on the region you are interested in, and then it shows you the migrations that occurred in that region. The (I) stands for "Incoming" whereas (O) stands for "Outgoing". Incoming migrations are migrations that came from other areas to the selected place while outgoing migrations are migrations referring to migrations from that place to another.

The map is based on significant migrations only. I added a few smaller migrations when it had little information, but they were still generally somewhat significant. I don't want to add every tiny individual migration as it would take up too much space and cause confusion. In the future, I may make other maps regarding individual regions (e.g. Dalmatia, Bosnia, etc) and other countries/ethnicities if there is enough information available. I chose to do the map based off Serbs due to lots of information available regarding them.

Even though I worked on the map for a long time, I realize its not perfect and I'm open to making any changes in the future (such as adding extra information I missed). But I won't make any immediate edits.

Serbia seemed to be the only country in Google Maps that didn't have its subdivisions outlined for some weird reason, so the borders for "Central Serbia", "Southern Serbia", etc. look kind of weird as I did some guesswork with those. I also arranged the events from all the migrations I have listed in chronological order in case you wanted to look at the migrations by time period rather than region.

For each of the regions, an image of a Serbian Orthodox Church is shown. Since I couldn't find any for Bulgaria or Wallachia, they have no image for the time being.

I decided what regions to use before I made the map, so they may not be the best. For example, I divided Vojvodina before I did most of the writing and then thought it was too much work to unite it again. It probably would've been less confusing if I had left Vojvodina as one entity. There are probably other examples like this. I may edit that one day when I'm bored.

Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/vi...3206249975&z=6

Timeline: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Thanks a lot for your effort, excellent work! Have been looking for ages for such a concise summary.

Last Online
    04-01-2023 @ 07:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Croatia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 116
    Given: 218

2 Not allowed!

In order to better keep track of the migration of Serbs throughout history, I decided to create an interactive map documenting the migration history of Serbs throughout the Balkans. I had a lot of help from Pribislav in providing history for many of the regions here...

Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/vi...3206249975&z=6

Timeline: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Istria:

"1528-1530 (O): "Vlachs of Istria" migrate to Plavno, Ostrovica, Zečevo, Bukovica, Kličevac, Zrmanja and Karin."

Those are Croats who emigrated to Istria and Italian provinces after the Ottomans plundered the whole hinterland of the city of Zadar until the 1510s and 1520s. Part of the population returned to old lands now occupied by the Ottomans (part of Croatian vilayet) but soon moved to the Venetian part of Dalmatia or went back to Istria and never returned again. In the Venetian documents those individuals geographically and ethnically identified as Croats, were Catholics, had Catholic names as well by surname can be traced in Northern Dalmatia and Lika in 15th and earlier century. They were Croatian natives of those lands which when became desolated were repopulated by other Dalmatian, Bosnian and Herzegovinian families (including Bunjevci and Serbs) during 16th and later centuries. The use of the term "Vlach" in the Ottoman defter (tax registry) from 1530 does not have an ethnic meaning.

Dalmatia:

1305 (I): First recorded migration of Serbs to Dalmatia when Tsar Dušan moved some Serbs from Hercegovina to lands between the Cetina and Krka rivers.

1338 (I): Second Serb migration to Dalmatia. Happened when Croat Prince Mladen Šubić , in conflict with the Knin prince Nelipić, asked not only the army but also the people to settle the deserted places around Skradin.

1347 (I): After the marriage of Jelena, sister of Emperor Dušan, to Mladen Šubić, another wave of Serbs migrated to northern Dalmatia.

1355 (I): An army of the Serbian emperor arrived under two of his dukes in Jelena's cities, but they did not stay there for long due to Dušan's death. That army returned, and its commander Djurash Ilijić handed the city of Skradin to the Venetians. Serbs, mostly from Hercegovina, settled in Skradin and Klis. Many Serbs who settled in the hilly parts of Dalmatia came from Bosnia. Many of these were recorded in Zadar, Šibenik, Obrovac, and at the walls of the city of Trogir.

1390 (I): Serb immigration to Dalmatia increased at an even larger rate, especially to Knin.

1394-1397 (I): During the time of King Stefan Dabisha, the successor of Tvrtko, when the Ottomans invaded Bosnia, there was a new wave of Serb emigration to Dalmatia, especially around Knin, to Kninsko Polje, Golubic, Padjen, Polace.

1413-1417 (I): Many Serbs again moved to Dalmatia, enough that 5,000 loyal soldiers could be drawn from their mass.

1527 (I): The largest migration of Serbs to Dalmatia occurs. They came from Bosnia, Hercegovina and Old Serbia to lands abandoned by the native Croats. They mainly settled in Knin and Bukovica in Kotare.

1528-1530 (I): "Vlachs of Istria" migrate to Plavno, Ostrovica, Zečevo, Bukovica, Kličevac, Zrmanja and Karin.

All this is bullshit and falsification of historical sources. No mention of or relation to Serbs or even any migration. Whoever gave you this information is or dishonest or doesn't have a clue about history of Croats and Croatia, Serbs and "Vlachs/Morlachs". You can easily remove it.
    Last edited by MoroLP; 02-18-2021 at 06:42 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-21-2021 @ 08:25 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EurAsian
    Ethnicity
    Finno-Permic
    Country
    Russia
    Y-DNA
    N1c1a1a1a2a1 (Z1936)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 146
    Given: 174

0 Not allowed!

Huns of Europe? who else "migrate"?

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MoroLP View Post
    Istria:

"1528-1530 (O): "Vlachs of Istria" migrate to Plavno, Ostrovica, Zečevo, Bukovica, Kličevac, Zrmanja and Karin."

Those are Croats who emigrated to Istria and Italian provinces after the Ottomans plundered the whole hinterland of the city of Zadar until the 1510s and 1520s. Part of the population returned to old lands now occupied by the Ottomans (part of Croatian vilayet) but soon moved to the Venetian part of Dalmatia or went back to Istria and never returned again. In the Venetian documents those individuals geographically and ethnically identified as Croats, were Catholics, had Catholic names as well by surname can be traced in Northern Dalmatia and Lika in 15th and earlier century. They were Croatian natives of those lands which when became desolated were repopulated by other Dalmatian, Bosnian and Herzegovinian families (including Bunjevci and Serbs) during 16th and later centuries. The use of the term "Vlach" in the Ottoman defter (tax registry) from 1530 does not have an ethnic meaning.

Dalmatia:

1305 (I): First recorded migration of Serbs to Dalmatia when Tsar Dušan moved some Serbs from Hercegovina to lands between the Cetina and Krka rivers.

1338 (I): Second Serb migration to Dalmatia. Happened when Croat Prince Mladen Šubić , in conflict with the Knin prince Nelipić, asked not only the army but also the people to settle the deserted places around Skradin.

1347 (I): After the marriage of Jelena, sister of Emperor Dušan, to Mladen Šubić, another wave of Serbs migrated to northern Dalmatia.

1355 (I): An army of the Serbian emperor arrived under two of his dukes in Jelena's cities, but they did not stay there for long due to Dušan's death. That army returned, and its commander Djurash Ilijić handed the city of Skradin to the Venetians. Serbs, mostly from Hercegovina, settled in Skradin and Klis. Many Serbs who settled in the hilly parts of Dalmatia came from Bosnia. Many of these were recorded in Zadar, Šibenik, Obrovac, and at the walls of the city of Trogir.

1390 (I): Serb immigration to Dalmatia increased at an even larger rate, especially to Knin.

1394-1397 (I): During the time of King Stefan Dabisha, the successor of Tvrtko, when the Ottomans invaded Bosnia, there was a new wave of Serb emigration to Dalmatia, especially around Knin, to Kninsko Polje, Golubic, Padjen, Polace.

1413-1417 (I): Many Serbs again moved to Dalmatia, enough that 5,000 loyal soldiers could be drawn from their mass.

1527 (I): The largest migration of Serbs to Dalmatia occurs. They came from Bosnia, Hercegovina and Old Serbia to lands abandoned by the native Croats. They mainly settled in Knin and Bukovica in Kotare.

1528-1530 (I): "Vlachs of Istria" migrate to Plavno, Ostrovica, Zečevo, Bukovica, Kličevac, Zrmanja and Karin.

All this is bullshit and falsification of historical sources. No mention of or relation to Serbs or even any migration. Whoever gave you this information is or dishonest or doesn't have a clue about history of Croats and Croatia, Serbs and "Vlachs/Morlachs". You can easily remove it.
    Thanks for the feedback.

I removed the part about the "Vlachs" from Istria.

As for the rest, I'll try to find the sources on them and get back to you on them. After discussing them, then I'll remove the rest as well if it looks wrong. I just don't want to remove all that cause one person says so. You could be right about them as well, but I just want to look for the sources first.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Croatia
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Thanks for the feedback.

I removed the part about the "Vlachs" from Istria.

As for the rest, I'll try to find the sources on them and get back to you on them. After discussing them, then I'll remove the rest as well if it looks wrong. I just don't want to remove all that cause one person says so. You could be right about them as well, but I just want to look for the sources first.
    Thanks, saw you removed it from a section about Dalmatia but still need to remove it from the Istrian section.

As said, most of these migrations are not recorded in the historical sources while Vlachs or Morlachs are erroneously identified as Serbs by Pribislav (or other Serbian sources).

1305 - Serbian Tsar Dušan couldn't move any Serbs to lands between the Cetina and Krka river because these lands at the time were part of the Kingdom of Croatia which was part of the Kingdom of Hungary. I am not sure what is referring to.

1338 - "...The first collective reference of Vlachs, or Morlachs in some Latin and mostly Venetian and Italian documents, dates from the early 1320s (almost 900 years after Slavic migration); in 1321, a local priest from Dobrinj on the island of Krk granted land to the church ("to the lands of Kneže, which are called Vlachian"),[77] while in 1322 they and people of Poljica were allied to Ban of Croatia, Mladen Šubić, who fought against Croatian pretenders at the Battle of Bliska in the hinterland of Trogir.[78][79] In 1344 are mentioned Morolacorum in lands around Knin and Krbava, within the conflict of counts from Kurjaković and Nelipić families, and that they can shelter their livestock on islands of Rab, Hvar, and Brač.[80]"

1347 - a reference to the mythological foundation of the Krka monastery (1347, 1350 or 1402) which was debunked by archaeologists and historians already during the time of Yugoslavia (see this).

1355 - a reference to the conflict regarding Jelena Nemanjić Šubić. Never heard of any migration or permanent settlement of anyone after the conflict.

1390 - ?

1394-1397 - ?

1413-1417 - "...On 13 April 1411, Bosnian Duke Sandalj Hranić sold the Croatian town Ostrovica, which was a gift from King Ladislaus of Naples to the Republic of Venice. A year later on 10 April 1412, the Murlachos (probably in service of King Sigismund) captured the Ostrovica Fortress from Venice.[92] In August 1417, Venetian authorities were concerned with the "Morlachs and other Slavs" from the hinterland, that were a threat to security in Šibenik.[93] In 1405 and 1421, morolakis seu olakonibus and wolachos sugari lived on the lands of Ostrovica Lička, today near Gospić in Lika.[94] During the 15th century, the Vlach population in Croatia expanded so significantly that they were sometimes mentioned as a distinct entity along the Croatians. In 1412 King Sigismund bestowed the Sinj county and Travnik fortress to Ivan III Nelipić, and mentioned that Croats and Vlachs were at his disposal (cum universis Croatis et Vlahis).[24][95]"

1527-1530 - The conquest of Dalmatia was roughly 1522, the battle of Mohács 1526, while the conquest of Lika and Krbava which are near North Dalmatia was in 1527-28. Ottomans couldn't and didn't settle anyone there yet and during the 1520s the lands were partly desolated-partly (re)populated by (returning) native population. Migration and settlement of Orthodox population started in mid-16th century.
    Last edited by MoroLP; 02-19-2021 at 01:55 AM.

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Thanks, saw you removed it from a section about Dalmatia but still need to remove it from the Istrian section.

As said, most of these migrations are not recorded in the historical sources while Vlachs or Morlachs are erroneously identified as Serbs by Pribislav (or other Serbian sources).

1305 - Serbian Tsar Dušan couldn't move any Serbs to lands between the Cetina and Krka river because these lands at the time were part of the Kingdom of Croatia which was part of the Kingdom of Hungary. I am not sure what is referring to.

1338 - "...The first collective reference of Vlachs, or Morlachs in some Latin and mostly Venetian and Italian documents, dates from the early 1320s (almost 900 years after Slavic migration); in 1321, a local priest from Dobrinj on the island of Krk granted land to the church ("to the lands of Kneže, which are called Vlachian"),[77] while in 1322 they and people of Poljica were allied to Ban of Croatia, Mladen Šubić, who fought against Croatian pretenders at the Battle of Bliska in the hinterland of Trogir.[78][79] In 1344 are mentioned Morolacorum in lands around Knin and Krbava, within the conflict of counts from Kurjaković and Nelipić families, and that they can shelter their livestock on islands of Rab, Hvar, and Brač.[80]"

1347 - a reference to the mythological foundation of the Krka monastery (1347, 1350 or 1402) which was debunked by archaeologists and historians already during the time of Yugoslavia (see this).

1355 - a reference to the conflict regarding Jelena Nemanjić Šubić. Never heard of any migration or permanent settlement of anyone after the conflict.

1390 - ?

1394-1397 - ?

1413-1417 - "...On 13 April 1411, Bosnian Duke Sandalj Hranić sold the Croatian town Ostrovica, which was a gift from King Ladislaus of Naples to the Republic of Venice. A year later on 10 April 1412, the Murlachos (probably in service of King Sigismund) captured the Ostrovica Fortress from Venice.[92] In August 1417, Venetian authorities were concerned with the "Morlachs and other Slavs" from the hinterland, that were a threat to security in Šibenik.[93] In 1405 and 1421, morolakis seu olakonibus and wolachos sugari lived on the lands of Ostrovica Lička, today near Gospić in Lika.[94] During the 15th century, the Vlach population in Croatia expanded so significantly that they were sometimes mentioned as a distinct entity along the Croatians. In 1412 King Sigismund bestowed the Sinj county and Travnik fortress to Ivan III Nelipić, and mentioned that Croats and Vlachs were at his disposal (cum universis Croatis et Vlahis).[24][95]"

1527-1530 - The conquest of Dalmatia was roughly 1522, the battle of Mohács 1526, while the conquest of Lika and Krbava which are near North Dalmatia was in 1527-28. Ottomans couldn't and didn't settle anyone there yet and during the 1520s the lands were partly desolated-partly (re)populated by (returning) native population. Migration and settlement of Orthodox population started in mid-16th century.
    Thanks for the explanations. So I found the source after searching, most of it was from the Serbo-Croatian Wikipedia.

Here is the link: https://sh.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srbi_u...ba_u_Dalmaciji

For 1355 and 1394-97; they are referencing a migration. I am not sure if this is in regards to Serbs or Croats, but its referenced. And if these aren't Serbian migrations, then I still want to know what the explanation for the text is over here. I just wanna have a discussion on what this is referencing before taking an action against it (not very convinced of it myself but still get feedback on it first).

In 1413-1417, "Vlach" references pastoralist Croats? Why the need to distinguish them here?

You said that Serb migration to Dalmatia began in the 1500s, but didn't rebuke the 1450 migration. Any thoughts on it?

1450 (O): A larger number of Serbs moved from present-day Kotar to Bosnia. They then moved to the Atlagic Tower area.

For the rest, your arguments seem convincing and there's no counterargument right now (let alone a convincing one), so I'll remove it, especially since its just Wikipedia. I just want to wait for your reply to this post, then I'll remove all the incorrect info all at once if you don't mind.

I'll also try to add a list of all the sources at the bottom of the Google Document when I get time.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Croatia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Thanks for the explanations. So I found the source after searching, most of it was from the Serbo-Croatian Wikipedia.

Here is the link: https://sh.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srbi_u...ba_u_Dalmaciji

For 1355 and 1394-97; they are referencing a migration. I am not sure if this is in regards to Serbs or Croats, but its referenced. And if these aren't Serbian migrations, then I still want to know what the explanation for the text is over here. I just wanna have a discussion on what this is referencing before taking an action against it (not very convinced of it myself but still get feedback on it first).

In 1413-1417, "Vlach" references pastoralist Croats? Why the need to distinguish them here?

You said that Serb migration to Dalmatia began in the 1500s, but didn't rebuke the 1450 migration. Any thoughts on it?

1450 (O): A larger number of Serbs moved from present-day Kotar to Bosnia. They then moved to the Atlagic Tower area.

For the rest, your arguments seem convincing and there's no counterargument right now (let alone a convincing one), so I'll remove it, especially since its just Wikipedia. I just want to wait for your reply to this post, then I'll remove all the incorrect info all at once if you don't mind.

I'll also try to add a list of all the sources at the bottom of the Google Document when I get time.
    Text on that article is a direct copy from the same article on Serbian Wikipedia. Never use Serbo-Croatian, Croatian and Serbian Wikipedia for basically any topic because of the amount of nationalistic propaganda by the editors which don't adhere to the editing policy at all. These editions are black sheep of Wikipedia. The text is very poorly sourced and even those few cited references are not even scientific or reliable. There's no cited reference for the migration in 1355 and 1394-1397, probably another mistake with Vlachs? I don't know and if we don't know that there's a high probability it's a fabrication that needs to be removed.

1413-1417 pastoralists could have been ethnic Croats as well, however, the issue here is that modern ethnonational identity didn't exist in the feudal period, and the term Vlach or Morlach by then started to have a social-professional meaning rather than ethnic. They were a community of people with special rights and because of such rights were advanced in belonging to this identity to distinguish them from other pastoralists. In later centuries the term has been used to imply all Slavic people living in the hinterland of coastal cities, or immigrants, or pastoralists, or (Serb) Orthodox, and so on. Venetians and Ottomans didn't really care about the ethnic identity. Actually, Venetians avoided using the ethnic name of the Croats, calling them simply as Schiavoni or Morlacchi, because at the time it implied people of the Kingdom of Croatia, while Dalmatia wasn't any more part of it since 1420 when Ladislaus of Naples sold his rights to Dalmatia to Venice for 100,000 ducats and Venetians used these rights to conquer it. However, in many documents can be seen how those whom they called as ethnically unspecified Slavs or Morlachs were also called and even self-identified as Croats, while in other cases as Montenegrins, Albanians, and rarely also Servians, mostly denoting the country/region of origination, while in the case of Servians also a reference to "rito Serviano" (Orthodoxs). Venetians i.e. Italians for the process of Italianization intentionally used such manners so that non-Italian people could start embracing the Venetian Republic as their motherland, Christianity as religion (had preference for Catholicism but didn't mind very much having Orthodox people, but on the other hand Islam wasn't allowed), Latin/Venetian as an official language and so on. However due to various reasons they never really succeeded, although the population in Istria due to lack of Croatian cultural institutions was very influenced to the point of almost forgetting their ethnic identity (like those in Molise), at least near coastal cities, while in central Istria was partly well preserved by Glagolitic tradition.

I didn't rebuke 1450 because wasn't sure whether it was purely a reference to Bosnia or Dalmatia as well. However, you must remove that as well because it's another fabrication that isn't uncommon in Serbian Orthodox sources. Kula Atlagić (Atlagic Tower) couldn't be settled in 1450 because at the time was known as Tiklić or Tihlić (villa Tichlichi) which was an estate of old Croatian nobility. The church of St. Nicholas (originally St. Matthew) was originally a Catholic Gothic church built on the 25th October 1446 and only in upcoming centuries became Orthodox (see e.g. this, this at pg. 78). The church founding is well-sourced both archivally and by the Latin inscription on the church stating it was built by Vuk, Nikola, and Juraj from Zadar while representatives of the village were Nikola Dracetic and Ratko Colanc, or in more detail (see. I. Petricioli, "Spomenici romaničke i gotičke arhitekture u benkovačkom kraju", 1987, pg. 119-120), on the 6th of April 1444 to Zadar came four representatives of the village Tihlić: Ivan Marinić, Mihovil Korlatović, Nikola Dražetić, and Ratko Božičković who made a contract in front of notary Ivan Kalcin with three builders from Zadar, Vuk Slavogost, Nikola Bilšić son of Bilša, and Juraj Zurević. The guarantor was Grgur Mrganić. The fact the mentioned members weren't some new Serb or Vlach immigrants can be also observed from their surnames as Marinić, Dražetić, Korlatović, and Božičković were carried by the members of the old Croatian noble tribe Lapčani-Karinjani who had their estate there. The Atlagić family most probably originate from Bosnia (Livno) and was mainly active since the 17th century when the previously mentioned village became their possession and built a castle (tower) during the Ottoman period because of which settlement was renamed as Kula Atlagić or Atlagić Kula (see HE, HE and HBL). The toponym remained after the Venetian-Ottoman war in the 17th century.

Serbian Orthodox revisionism in its attempt to redate the foundation of Orthodox churches and monasteries west of river Drina (including Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia) while identifying Orthodoxy with Serbdom and hence "proving" the existence of the Serbs in those lands prior to Ottoman conquest is very insulting because not only they built or founded their Orthodox places of worship on the place of Catholic but those Ottoman soldiers who waged war against the same Croats from noble tribes such as Lapčani, who founded those churches and had to emigrate from old estates, were mostly soldiers taken from Bosnian and Serbian lands. While ancestors exterminated Croats from their lands their descendants later shamelessly claim they actually originate on Croatian soil. Pathetic. You can find such stupidities only on the Balkans.
    Last edited by MoroLP; 02-23-2021 at 07:02 PM.

Last Online
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,618
    Given: 4,633

0 Not allowed!

Text on that article is a direct copy from the same article on Serbian Wikipedia. Never use Serbo-Croatian, Croatian and Serbian Wikipedia for basically any topic because of the amount of nationalistic propaganda by the editors which don't adhere to the editing policy at all. These editions are black sheep of Wikipedia. The text is very poorly sourced and even those few cited references are not even scientific or reliable. There's no cited reference for the migration in 1355 and 1394-1397, probably another mistake with Vlachs? I don't know and if we don't know that there's a high probability it's a fabrication that needs to be removed.

1413-1417 pastoralists could have been ethnic Croats as well, however, the issue here is that modern ethnonational identity didn't exist in the feudal period, and the term Vlach or Morlach by then started to have a social-professional meaning rather than ethnic. They were a community of people with special rights and because of such rights were advanced in belonging to this identity to distinguish them from other pastoralists. In later centuries the term has been used to imply all Slavic people living in the hinterland of coastal cities, or immigrants, or pastoralists, or (Serb) Orthodox, and so on. Venetians and Ottomans didn't really care about the ethnic identity. Actually, Venetians avoided using the ethnic name of the Croats, calling them simply as Schiavoni or Morlacchi, because at the time it implied people of the Kingdom of Croatia, while Dalmatia wasn't any more part of it since 1420 when Ladislaus of Naples sold his rights to Dalmatia to Venice for 100,000 ducats and Venetians used these rights to conquer it. However, in many documents can be seen how those whom they called as ethnically unspecified Slavs or Morlachs were also called and even self-identified as Croats, while in other cases as Montenegrins, Albanians, and rarely also Servians, mostly denoting the country/region of origination, while in the case of Servians also a reference to "rito Serviano" (Orthodoxs). Venetians i.e. Italians for the process of Italianization intentionally used such manners so that non-Italian people could start embracing the Venetian Republic as their motherland, Christianity as religion (had preference for Catholicism but didn't mind very much having Orthodox people, but on the other hand Islam wasn't allowed), Latin/Venetian as an official language and so on. However due to various reasons they never really succeeded, although the population in Istria due to lack of Croatian cultural institutions was very influenced to the point of almost forgetting their ethnic identity (like those in Molise), at least near coastal cities, while in central Istria was partly well preserved by Glagolitic tradition.

I didn't rebuke 1450 because wasn't sure whether it was purely a reference to Bosnia or Dalmatia as well. However, you must remove that as well because it's another fabrication that isn't uncommon in Serbian Orthodox sources. Kula Atlagić (Atlagic Tower) couldn't be settled in 1450 because at the time was known as Tiklić or Tihlić (villa Tichlichi) which was an estate of old Croatian nobility. The church of St. Nicholas (originally St. Matthew) was originally a Catholic Gothic church built on the 25th October 1446 and only in upcoming centuries became Orthodox (see e.g. this, this at pg. 78). The church founding is well-sourced both archivally and by the Latin inscription on the church stating it was built by Vuk, Nikola, and Juraj from Zadar while representatives of the village were Nikola Dracetic and Ratko Colanc, or in more detail (see. I. Petricioli, "Spomenici romaničke i gotičke arhitekture u benkovačkom kraju", 1987, pg. 119-120), on the 6th of April 1444 to Zadar came four representatives of the village Tihlić: Ivan Marinić, Mihovil Korlatović, Nikola Dražetić, and Ratko Božičković who made a contract in front of notary Ivan Kalcin with three builders from Zadar, Vuk Slavogost, Nikola Bilšić son of Bilša, and Juraj Zurević. The guarantor was Grgur Mrganić. The fact the mentioned members weren't some new Serb or Vlach immigrants can be also observed from their surnames as Marinić, Dražetić, Korlatović, and Božičković were carried by the members of the old Croatian noble tribe Lapčani-Karinjani who had their estate there. The Atlagić family most probably originate from Bosnia (Livno) and was mainly active since the 17th century when the previously mentioned village became their possession and built a castle (tower) during the Ottoman period because of which settlement was renamed as Kula Atlagić or Atlagić Kula (see HE, HE and HBL). The toponym remained after the Venetian-Ottoman war in the 17th century.

Serbian Orthodox revisionism in its attempt to redate the foundation of Orthodox churches and monasteries west of river Drina (including Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia) while identifying Orthodoxy with Serbdom and hence "proving" the existence of the Serbs in those lands prior to Ottoman conquest is very insulting because not only they built or founded their Orthodox places of worship on the place of Catholic but those Ottoman soldiers who waged war against the same Croats from noble tribes such as Lapčani, who founded those churches and had to emigrate from old estates, were mostly soldiers taken from Bosnian and Serbian lands. While ancestors exterminated Croats from their lands their descendants later shamelessly claim they actually originate on Croatian soil. Pathetic. You can find such stupidities only on the Balkans.
    Bunch of ustashian anti-Serbian trash and anachronisms which produced genocide on Serbs in WW2. Take your pills motherfucker!

What we have here. Names, surnames, age and place of origin of Orthodox monks of Krka monastery who converted on Greek-Catholicism in 1648.

Census of Habsburg empire in 1857

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information