Hero
    Mr. G
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,828
    Given: 13,088

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by pulstar View Post
    Were you classified as failid?
    The most common classification I've gotten on TA has been DinaroMed.

Why do you ask, mate?
    If you see a post in red font made by my username, that means that it is Pompey's post, not mine.

Last Online
    Today @ 03:40 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,620
    Given: 4,633

0 Not allowed!

In 1627 is recorded migration of one group of Bunjevac familes from northern Dalmatia (it was under Ottomans in that time) to the Lika and Croatian Littoral (on Austrian territory). In this migration participated these families: Blažević, Deranja, Filipović, Jovanović, Krpan, Pavelić, Pavličević, Peričić, Prpić, Radošević, Starčević, Šojat, Tomičić, Tomljenović and Vukelić. Regardless these families were Catholic, about their ethnic origin testify their duke Marko Prpić in an official note when he was testifyng to Austrian authorities under oath in 1681, he gave information about his ethhicity - in the document was entered: "Marcus Perpich de Kernpothi Rascianus." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rascians)
    Ethnologist Jovan Erdeljanović for some of these families consider they were Orthodox, and they converted on Catholicism when they moved in Lika. It can be said for families: Filipović, Jovanović, Radošević, Starčević and Vukelić.
    Last edited by Varda; 09-17-2020 at 10:42 PM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,915
    Given: 7,434

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Varda View Post
    Regardless these families were Catholic, about their ethnic origin testify their duke Marko Prpić in an official note when he was testifyng to Austrian authorities under oath in 1681, he gave information about his ethhicity - in the document was entered: "Marcus Perpich de Kernpothi Rascianus." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rascians)
    Can you quote from that document the information he gave about their ethnicity?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    Can you quote from that document the information he gave about their ethnicity?
    Down under the sub-tittle - Turski popisivač je tom prilikom opisao i stanovništvo koje je 1550 naseljavalo Unac i Bjelaj:, starting with - Da bi odgovorili ispravno na ovo pitanje... https://www.poreklo.rs/2012/02/03/po...ezimena-rodic/

But you are not Serbian speaker.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Subotica newspaper in 1940 bring attutudes of local Bunjevci 3483bf3dda9c49e09f652e66e1be6cbb.png3483bf3dda9c49e09f652e66e1be6cbb.png

I will translate only sence around 3 words which are marked with red (it's visible on the link up):

"We love Croatian brothers, but we don't want to be Croatians. We want to be what we have always been and stayed: Bunjevci..."

"We are all one people, sons of Jugović mother. We will be together, because we Bunjevci and Serbs are one."

This is home page, c45dec4221fc4156af66ee51e05820d8.png title is: "We want to keep our honorable Bunjevac name"
    Last edited by Varda; 09-17-2020 at 11:59 PM.

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,915
    Given: 7,434

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Varda View Post
    Down under the sub-tittle - Turski popisivač je tom prilikom opisao i stanovništvo koje je 1550 naseljavalo Unac i Bjelaj:, starting with - Da bi odgovorili ispravno na ovo pitanje... https://www.poreklo.rs/2012/02/03/po...ezimena-rodic/

But you are not Serbian speaker.
    This? It is the next paragraph underneath the paragraph that you mentioned:

Још један детаљ иде у прилог оваквом становишту. Наиме, 1627. забиљежена је сеоба једне групе буњевачких породица које су, из сјеверне Далмације, која је тад била под турском управом, прешли на подручје Лича у хрватском Приморју, на аустријску територију. У тој сеоби учествовале су сљедеће породице[28]: Блажевићи, Дерање, Филиповићи, Јовановићи, Крпани, Павелићи, Павличевићи, Перичићи, Прпићи, Радошевићи, Старчевићи, Шојати, Томићи, Томичићи, Томљеновићи и Вукелићи. Иако су ове породице биле католичке, о етничкој припадности ове групе породице јасно свједочанство је оставио њихов кнез Марко Прпић у службеној записци, када је свједочећи под заклетвом пред аустријским властима 1681.године, дао податке о својој националној припадности. У спис је унесено- „Marcus Perpich de Kernpothi Rascianus“[29] . Ердељановић[30] за неке од ових породица сматра да су биле православне, а да су тек преласком у Лику прешле на католичку вјеру. То се може рећи за: Филиповиће, Јовановиће, Радошевиће, Старчевиће, Вукелиће. За нас је интересантно да се у истој групи пресељеника из сјеверне Далмације у Лику у првој половини 17.вијека налазе породице које су , по предању, припадале роду Родића и међусобно биле повезане, а то су породице: Радошевић, Старчевић, Томичић и Вукелић.
    I translated it and it said the same thing that you said. It didn't provide any quotations from the document. The reason I'm asking for the quotation from the document where it talks about the ethnicity is because some people could say it was misinterpreted or something. Also, I don't think many Croats would accept this information as evidence because it is just one article discussing a document without any quotations from it where the inhabitants are specifically called Serbs. I'm not saying the information in the article is false though, it would just be better if there was an actual quotation.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    This? It is the next paragraph underneath the paragraph that you mentioned:

I translated it and it said the same thing that you said. It didn't provide any quotations from the document. The reason I'm asking for the quotation from the document where it talks about the ethnicity is because some people could say it was misinterpreted or something. Also, I don't think many Croats would accept this information as evidence because it is just one article discussing a document without any quotations from it where the inhabitants are specifically called Serbs. I'm not saying the information in the article is false though, it would just be better if there was an actual quotation.
    Text on the link in general is not about Bunjevci and their origin, it's about origin of Serbian family Rodić from triangle of Bosnia, Lika and Dalmatia. Bunjevci are mentioned only in passing in few sentences, because some Serbian surnames from triangle of B-L-D who are related with Rodić clan are indentical as Bunjevci surnames mentioned in 1627.
    Author of the text have a huge knowledge about history and genetic, and all about history from his side has comfirmation in historical sources.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

One song of Antun Matija Reljković https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antun_Matija_Reljković

Translation:
    Because a Slavonian don't give his children,
    To go learn A.B.C.
    It has a custom like this,
    When you say to him, each of them say:
    Even my father could not read,
    But he could drink a little better:
    Our ancestors did not know to write,
    Bu they stayed better than we today,
    Hey Slavonian, you are grossly mistaken,
    Each of you who answered like that,
    Your ancestors did know the book,
    They read Serbian, and wrote Serbian.
    But you won't now,
    You are doing neglect,
    You like send your child to piglets,
    Instead to school to learn...

Serbski Shtilli, a Serbski pifali - means Serbian read, and Setbian write (refers on Slavonians as you can see from the song)

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,625

0 Not allowed!

This thread has been reported to the moderation.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast

Thread Information