Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do these countries best represent Latin American and Caribbean countries in a way ?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-14-2024 @ 04:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pred Amerindian
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 815
    Given: 233

4 Not allowed!

Default Do these countries best represent Latin American and Caribbean countries in a way ?

Knowing there is so much diversity in this region I couldn’t help but wonder what country best represents Latin America and the Caribbean with all its diversity. Then I realized that there isn’t one country but many countries that represent the different kinds of Latin American nations based on they’re racial percentages.

Mexico: Indio-Europeo, the South of Mexico had a large Native American Empire(Mayans, Aztecs more in Central Mexico) similar to that of the Incas while the North has smaller tribes which is why the Spanish Colonizer had an easier time colonizing them and therefore the genetics of the region have a higher European input in comparison to the south. Southern Mexico is similar to Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia and Guatemala in terms of society that they’re more connected to they’re indigenous roots and had large Native American Empires with advanced civilization. Northern Mexico is more Akin to Andean Colombia/Venezuela, Chile, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras and Paraguay in that the natives here were smaller groups that mixed entirely with the Spanish and only traces of them is found they’re cultures, they’re still mestizos but leaning more towards the Euro component a bit.

Brazil: Afro-Europeo, while Brazil is big and diverse it should be noted that its African population is very influential in the country. Unlike Mexico the Natives here were even smaller and they’re component is even more distant, it’s main heritage components are Portuguese and African(in the case of its similar neighbors Spanish) It is a new world nation with people from all over the world(specifically from Europe and Africa). The Europeans brought the enslaved Africans in high numbers to the coasts of Brazil to plantations. With so much mixing they’re gene pool is very European but also with significant high ancestry of African decent. The countries that best fall in line with Brazil are Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Panama, Costal Colombia/Venezuela

Argentina: Predominantly European, Unlike the rest of Latin America it is the only country that is truly high in European ancestry through and through. It’s main to heritage components are Spanish and Italian ancestry. Similar to Brazil(especially the South) but doesn’t have that big African heritage the latter has, but does have a new world vibe to it, as one of the sayings go “ Los Argentinos Descendemos de los Barcos”. No other country in Latin America apart from Brazil and Uruguay has had such a massive migratory movement from everywhere in Europe the way Argentina has. The only other country in Line with Argentina is Uruguay.

Trinidad and Tobago: Afro-Asian, while Jamaica might be the leader of the Anglo Caribbean, and probably the most well known it doesn’t capsulate the diversity in the non-Latino Caribbean like the way Trinidad does. The Island is mainly decended from enslaved Afrcians and Indentured Indian servants, unique in the region probably and anomaly among its Latin Neighbors. It has similar Indian/Asian population like Guyana and Suriname but also a large African population like the rest of the Anglo-French-Dutch Caribbean.

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Ancestry
    Castilla (Spain) , Middle eastern (Levant) Azteca Mèxico
    Country
    Great Britain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,497
    Given: 5,081

0 Not allowed!

There isn't really a difference between Mexico Colombia Chile all this countries carry a significant population of "blancos" but stil majority mestizo

Southern Mexico is majority indo-mestizo but whites still present there is not like is rare or is assumed other nationality etc.

While Peru is a completely different story mestizo and whites are few present in Lima and coastal areas with Ecuador outside of this areas Peru is super amerindian you barely see mestizos.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pred Amerindian
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

What are you talking about Peru is pretty much Indo-Mestizo, Mestizos aren’t as rare as your making out to be in Peru tbh, the gene pool of southern Mexico and Peru is similar enough although they’re different natives groups. Whites are mostly common in northern Mexico. Southern Mexico doesn’t have genetic similarity to Chile or even Andean Colombia only the north does

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth View Post
    What are you talking about Peru is pretty much Indo-Mestizo, Mestizos aren’t as rare as your making out to be in Peru tbh, the gene pool of southern Mexico and Peru is similar enough although they’re different natives groups. Whites are mostly common in northern Mexico. Southern Mexico doesn’t have genetic similarity to Chile or even Andean Colombia only the north does
    Completely not true whites are common in every corner of Mexico my maternal grandmother was a white woman from Central Mexico roots.

This is gap difference between Mexico and Peru with Mexico Europeans were in every corner since the conquest while in Peru only Lima had Europeans the rest of Peru it had a rare white population.

Southern Mexico (Guerrero)

I bet you can't find as european admixed as those people outside of Lima.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pred Amerindian
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

First of all Peru is a much smaller country and less varied then Mexico and only has one major city of course obviously Mexico will have a larger number of whites in Most of its region I never said it was going to be exact just Southern Mexico and Peru are similar since one is the most indigenous region of Mexico and the latter is a very indigenous both the Amerindian genes surpassing the European ones in the gene pool. I can post pictures of whiteish Peruvians but that will get boring. The State of Guerrero in Southern Mexico scores similar to Amerindian to both Peru and Bolivia while Ecuador is a bit more balanced in comparison similar to Guatemala as I have seen in some studies people have posted up. There’s a gap but only by a margin. Also Lima/Coast is the most representative region of Peru, since it’s the most populated. Also if your Mexican why is Israel in your ancestry box ?

Guerrero is one state in Mexico while Peru is a whole country, also I doubt Chile, Colombia have similar genetics to Guerrero, Mexico because the people of Guerrero seem way more inline with Peru then with Colombia or Chile which seems more like Northern Mexico.

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I don't think you are understanding yes i agree Southern Mexico and Peru have a similiar genetic make up but i still don't think Southern Mexico is as homogenous as Peru as whole.

Some southeast states like Veracruz the SSA is visible in people phenotypes also they are whites it's not like everytime southern mexicans see a European face ask them are you mexican? European faces are common in every corner of Mexico from North to South

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pred Amerindian
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Oh I see where your coming from now and yeah I guess White/Black looking Latinos won’t arouse suspicion in Lima since the more diverse city in Peru(nobody ever looks at my aunt different and she looks black, they’re actually not as rare as some people think I’m Lima) but the other regions are more heavily Amerindian and I’ve never been there so I could imagine it probably would. The reason I put Southern Mexico in-line with Peru, Ecuador, Guatemala and Bolivia is because it’s the only region outside of the Andes where high Amerindian is the norm but not that didn’t mean I don’t agree there aren’t differences. Northern Mexico on the other hand seems more Balanced and Pred. Euro like Andean Colombia, Chile, Paraguay and Costa Rica don’t know if you agree with that or not. I guess states in southern Mexico are like Lima Pred. Amerindian but diverse but since Peru is a big country the rest of it is more homogenous. I agree with where your coming from now.

Last Online
    03-21-2023 @ 02:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Ancestry
    Latin.
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Taxonomy
    Alpinized Gracile-Med
    Politics
    I don't give a fuck about it.
    Hero
    Nobody
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,836
    Given: 5,025

1 Not allowed!

Brazil is more like pred-Portuguese (genetically and culturally) with significant African imput + Amerindian in lesser degree.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pred Amerindian
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

That’s what I meant, the two most important ancestries are Portuguese and African, the Amerindian ancestry farther back according to most Genetics studies. I forgot to put that Afro-Europeo group that Triracials are another common group in those countries. The European is the highest and most important group found high everywhere in Brazil, the African is the second highest group especially in Bahia, the Amerindian is higher in the North but even then according to most genetics studies African ancestry is still pretty significant in the North aswell.

Last Online
    01-05-2024 @ 11:13 AM
    Ethnicity
    CUCARACHA
    Country
    Liechtenstein
    Taxonomy
    CUCARACHA
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,395
    Given: 890

1 Not allowed!

Venezuela is (was) the most diverse country in LatAm. They have literally everything except asians (but there are asians only in Sao Paulo and Lima) and north europeans: blacks, zambos, pardos-triraciales, amerindios, mestizos, castizos, mulattoes, arabs, spaniards, portuguese, italians.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information