Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: If you were born in the same place as in real life, but 100 years earlier?

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,720
    Given: 43,625

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hulu View Post
    lol, you're really funny. by the way where did you find that quoted text, i don't see on the link.

I could claim as it as Illyrian, but it's actually Italian, they built it and made it a city in every era from the Roman Empire to the modern city you inhabit today. Didn't the Italians built everything on it? They made the population to go from 5K to 50K. Even under Austro-Hungary it was always autonomous.

Maria Theresa, with her sovereign decision from October the 2nd 1776, gave up the possession of Fiume, that so far belonged to the Habsburgs, and give it to the Hungarian kingdom, with a view of fostering its trade. Since Hungary proper was distant some 500 km, according to the act, understandably, the city was annexed to Croatia whose territory began right beyond the city walls. Although Croatia, as a kingdom, was united with Hungary and together they formed the "Lands of the Holy Crown of St Stephen", the Fiumani protested, and with support of the Hungarian Vice Regency Council, two and a half years later, Maria Theresa (as Queen of Hungary) enacted the royal rescript on April, the 23rd 1779, with whom Fiume was annexed to Hungary directly as a corpus separatum adnexum sacra hungaricae coronae. From that moment on the two kingdoms never ceased to batter on the issue whose was Fiume. The Fiumani, as a third part, gave their reading that Fiume (or better: the corpus separatum) was autonomous from both. Given the institutional instability that characterized the whole period from 1779 up to 1848, this was more or less true. Fiume retained the autonomous status from the surrounding territory it enjoyed with the Habsburgs, since the function of the Governor was preserved, and who was now always drawn from the ranks of the Hungarian aristocracy. Fiume was the only city in Hungary (Croatia included) that had such an institution.
    They didn't build the city, retard. And the text I quoted is from beggining of the article.
    Italians became majority in Rijeka in late 19th century, and in city surroundings they never existed.

Don't teach me about history of my city. It was part of Italy from 1924 to 1943, not a year more in it's thousand year plus history.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

lThe aftermath of the war saw the city's fate once again resolved by a combination of force and diplomacy. This time, Yugoslav troops advanced (early May 1945) as far west as Trieste in their campaign against the German occupiers of both countries. The city of Rijeka thus became Croatian (i.e., Yugoslav), a situation formalised by the Paris peace treaty between Italy and the wartime Allies on 10 February 1947. Once the change in sovereignty was formalised, 58,000 of the 66,000 Italian-speakers were more or less hastily pushed through various means out of the city (known in Italian as esuli or the exiled ones). The discrimination and persecution many of them experienced at the hands of the Yugoslav officials in the last days of World War II and the first 9 years of peace remained painful memories. Summary executions of alleged fascists (that at times were proven anti-fascists), Italian public servants, military officials and even normal civilians, limited acts of terrorism, imprisonment and loss of work and public positions forced most ethnic Italians to abandon Rijeka in order to avoid further violence. The Trieste crisis in 1954 gave the final pretext to Yugoslav authorities to strip the local Italian-speaking populace of most of its rights (but most were being lost in the years building up to 1954) and enact a more radical and successful assimilation of the previous Italian majority into the new Yugoslav majority.
    Yes, the primitive communists expelled Italians after WW2. It doesn't make the city Italian. These Italians were colonists from nearby NE Italy.
    Because Italians were expelled, we have city filled with Serbs, Bosniaks, Albanians and rest of ex-YU now.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eagle
    Ethnicity
    Straight
    Country
    Taiwan
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,815
    Given: 7,518

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Feiichy View Post
    They didn't build the city, retard. And the text I quoted is from beggining of the article.
    Italians became majority in Rijeka in late 19th century, and in city surroundings they never existed.

Don't teach me about history of my city. It was part of Italy from 1924 to 1943, not a year more in it's thousand year plus history.
    lol. Started with the insults already. Ok Ill stop it here, I don't wanna aggravate your health. Seek help.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

lol. Started with the insults already. Ok Ill stop it here, I don't wanna aggravate your health. Seek help.
    Fuck off sheeptar and go support Italian occupation of your country. Wouldn't be the first time.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eagle
    Ethnicity
    Straight
    Country
    Taiwan
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,815
    Given: 7,518

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Feiichy View Post
    Fuck off sheeptar and go support Italian occupation of your country. Wouldn't be the first time.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European American
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Alpine+Dinaric
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,470
    Given: 1,020

2 Not allowed!

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    03-10-2024 @ 11:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Pannonia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,422
    Given: 1,638

0 Not allowed!

Killing communists while there is still time

Last Online
    02-12-2020 @ 09:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    Cypriot
    Country
    North-Korea
    Taxonomy
    Me: DinaroMed, Pompey: AtlantoMed
    Politics
    Dravidian Nationalist
    Hero
    Mr. G
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,828
    Given: 13,088

0 Not allowed!

In all frankness, my friends, I think that I would have been happier were I born 100 years ago.

I think I would have enjoyed more self peace.

All the rage my little dark age... Cernunnos's Avatar
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 12:12 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ibero-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Portuguese. 53% EEF + 29% Steppe + 13% WHG + 5% Iberomaurusian
    Country
    Portugal
    Region
    Lisbon
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27 (Most likely)
    mtDNA
    Faço puto de ideia
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Hero
    Não tenho 10 anos...
    Relationship Status
    It's complicated
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,338
    Given: 2,220

2 Not allowed!

Would be born in 1896, in a poor backward country with a collapsing Monarchy, probably I'd be a poor peasant working in a semi feudalistic environment somewhere in the rural areas, and i would never go to school and learn to read and write. A pretty fucked up hard life.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread Information