Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can you always tell when someone is Latino ? Does something give them away ?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-14-2024 @ 04:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pred Amerindian
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 815
    Given: 233

1 Not allowed!

Default Can you always tell when someone is Latino ? Does something give them away ?

Here in the states everyone always speaks Spanish to me, regardless of what country in Latin America there from even if they’re not exactly sure what ethnic group I am, other Hispanics seem comfortable enough to just ask me things in Spanish when I’m out in the street and need some directions when they only speak Spanish.

Considering the diversity in Latin America, this question might seem a bit ridiculous but I guess the miscegenation between the Spanish(Portuguese in the case of Brazil), Africans and Amerindians, gives off certain looks that only Latinos would be familiar with and can see in other people where everyone else can miss it. I feel like there’s 3 common Latino looks that 9/10 times always gives away to me that they could be Latino(with some certainty)

White Latinos(or near white Latinos of Predominantly European ancestry): always look kinda Spanish or Italian, Southern European basically with Mediterranean features such as big noses lol, or I can see some subtle features the look like they could be Native American or African such as more slanted eyes(Amerindian influence) or wide nose(African influence), since they’re more mixed then Anglos

Amerindian/Mestizo Latinos: okay this is the most easiest cause no other group in the Americas has this variety on lock, if I see someone who looks kinda like a stereotypical Native American or someone with features close to one, 9/10 times I just know they’re Latino since US Natives aren’t numerous enough to meet and aren’t the norm at all. This the kinda Latino everyone is used to seeing on TV lol

Black/Mulatto Latinos: another easy one a lot of them look like light skin Biracial black people and it’s the norm among them, but I how I can usually tell is when they have Mediterranean features mixed with African ones that I think give a unique face among black Latinos(similar to in Mestizo Latinos but more subtle in them since Natives had some similar features to Europeans). Even if they’re dark they sometimes have subtle features from Mediterranean’s that give they’re face away to me.

If I don’t hear them talk or they’re just Americans of Latino decent who don’t speak Spanish but have Latin American Parents, this is usually how I can tell them apart from other groups. Anyone else here have they’re own ways of telling Latinos apart from other groups ?

Last Online
    03-09-2024 @ 11:07 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    New World Black
    Ethnicity
    Afro-American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 423
    Given: 83

2 Not allowed!

Mediterranean admixture is the only unifier.

Other than that, no.

I've met Brazilians who looked like WASP's, Hondurans who looked like Jamaicans, and so on.

I agree with you on Native American Latinos though. Outside of states like Arizona, Oklahoma, and New Mexico, most Natives in the U.S. are presumed to be of Mexican or Latin American descent.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-12-2024 @ 09:55 PM
    The Americas -> North America -> Hispanic America -> Mexico -> Western Mexico
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanoamericano Virreinal (1000% mexican! Born, raised and living in Mexico)
    Ethnicity
    60.73-65.1% European/MENA, 33-35.81% Indigenous American and 2-3.45% SSA
    Ancestry
    Spain, Mesoamerica, Western and Central Africa
    Country
    Mexico
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b1b -> L19 -> M81 -> M183 -> PF2477 -> PF2546
    mtDNA
    Unknown
    Taxonomy
    Castizo: Alpinized Gracile Med and slightly Baskid + Minor Margid
    Politics
    Meritocracy, "Git Gud" and Ius Soli
    Hero
    Cristóbal de Ońate, Reina Isabel la Católica, Tzilacatzin, Porfirio Díaz and Dr. Iosif Lazaridis
    Religion
    Agnosticism (Culturally Roman Catholicism)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,503
    Given: 10,131

2 Not allowed!

Just when someone is native american influenced but with amerindian subraces from México, Central and South America

Banned
    Last Online
    05-30-2020 @ 09:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Mutt
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Region
    Catalunya
    Politics
    Right Wing Nationalism
    Hero
    Augusto Pinochet
    Religion
    Catholic
    Relationship Status
    InfamousAngel99´s husband
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 837
    Given: 258

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HelloGuys View Post
    Just when someone is native american influenced but with amerindian subraces from México, Central and South America
    Agree, they are the Opus Magnus of the modern "latino" society since are the widest group. Black admixed could be found in Anglo-countries,Africa (and nowadays Europe LOL). Heavily euro people can be found in Europe or Middle East; but taking in account that mestizos can pass as middle easterns or south indians as well amerindians are the only that should own the look since they aren´t outside the Americas.

Banned
    Last Online
    12-21-2019 @ 11:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Turkomongrel
    Country
    Antarctica
    Taxonomy
    Inceloid
    Politics
    Nationalist Sharia
    Hero
    U.S.A
    Religion
    Progressive Sharia
    Relationship Status
    Incel/Reeee
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 317
    Given: 194

0 Not allowed!

I don't know about latino guys, but most mixed latinas have some glow in common. Perhaps miscegenation is good, this girl looks better than ethnically pure women:

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 03:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    America Southern Cone
    Ancestry
    portuguese, italian, german
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Parana
    Politics
    One that works
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,779
    Given: 208

0 Not allowed!

I think every European with any mix of Amerindian or SSA (light) will be called "Latino".

Mr. Wog is back
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-29-2024 @ 05:10 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EEF/Anzick/Clovis
    Ethnicity
    Argentine/Uruguayan Gaucho, South-East brazilian and western cuban looking.
    Ancestry
    Navarrese/Aquitanian/Galician-Portuguese/Sicilian/Ava-Guarani
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Y-DNA
    R1b U152
    Taxonomy
    Southeast Brazilian looking or Western cuban looking
    Politics
    Traditionalist/Hispanist
    Hero
    Don Pelayo, Virrey Pedro de Cevallos y Calderón, Juan Manuel de Rosas, Agustín Agualongo
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,915
    Given: 27,872

0 Not allowed!

Edited.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pred Amerindian
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Not gonna lie I can’t really tell the difference between North American amerindians and Latin Americans amerindians since I barley see a strong differences other then people act like they’re the Ethiopians of the Native American world(with they’re lighter skin and more sharp features). I never really met a US Native American except maybe on a class school trip. Other time I did see some was in the movie apocalypto and to me they US Natives portraying Mayans didn’t have a complete drastic difference from Guatemalans I’ve seen until I looked up her and somebody was dissecting all the differences on how much they didn’t look like Mayans when it didn’t even register to me lol.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pred Amerindian
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Amerindian ancestry is probably the only unique thing to Latin America since we have it in high numbers even in countries with small Native Admixture such as Brazil have it pretty significant compared to Americans and Canadians. African ancestry is too varied to be the only way for me to know if they’re Latin American since West Indians(Anglo-French-Dutch Caribbean), African Americans and Africans themselves also have it, and the probability of them being from those ethnicities is also high and not as obvious. The one that’s kinda in the middle is those with high Southern European(Italian, Spanish and Portuguese) ancestry since those kind of Europeans are the norm in Latin America and the norm in other places except Europe and the US since Canada, Australia, South Africa and New Zealand have more of a Anglo or Dutch(in the case of SA)heritage that differentiates it right away.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-30-2020 @ 09:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Mutt
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Region
    Catalunya
    Politics
    Right Wing Nationalism
    Hero
    Augusto Pinochet
    Religion
    Catholic
    Relationship Status
    InfamousAngel99´s husband
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 837
    Given: 258

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth View Post
    Not gonna lie I can’t really tell the difference between North American amerindians and Latin Americans amerindians since I barley see a strong differences other then people act like they’re the Ethiopians of the Native American world(with they’re lighter skin and more sharp features). I never really met a US Native American except maybe on a class school trip. Other time I did see some was in the movie apocalypto and to me they US Natives portraying Mayans didn’t have a complete drastic difference from Guatemalans I’ve seen until I looked up her and somebody was dissecting all the differences on how much they didn’t look like Mayans when it didn’t even register to me lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth View Post
    Its easy(well I can see the difference and Im not even an amateur). Amerindians from US have long noses and long faces while latin american amerindians no(only andids and patagonids). But those natives of the Patagonia has wider jaw lines than those from US.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information