Save Us All From Whitey
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,458
    Given: 7,646

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    True, but Brazilian mixes are more interesting than most, as you have substantial amounts of European (both North and South), Amerindian, West African, Middle Eastern and East Asian all potentially in one.
    but I hardly find Brazilians on 23andMe with such diversity, meanwhile many Mexicans come out with all of that and Southeast Asian and South Asian thrown in the mix
    so who is genetically more diverse? We are, we have everything in our genes and they do not

Granted, but that still doesn't entirely negate the fact that those ethnic groups are massive there.
    To me Cancun is a lot more diverse than Sao Paulo by a long shot

in Cancun you have white Americans, white Canadians, black Africans, Italians, French, English, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Venezuelans, Argentines, Brazilians, Colombians, Cubans, Dominicans, Jamaicans, Lebanese, Syrians, Jordanians, Saudi Arabs, Hondurans, Indians, Belizeans, Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, Mayans, etc

I will find you the article which states that Cancun is considered a mini Latin America due to its diverse Latin American population which is not found in where else in Latin America
    not to mention the Europeans, Canadians and Americans that have moved there, along with Asians and Africans

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 08:08 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,205
    Given: 43,742

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlito's Way View Post
    but I hardly find Brazilians on 23andMe with such diversity, meanwhile many Mexicans come out with all of that and Southeast Asian and South Asian thrown in the mix
    so who is genetically more diverse? We are, we have everything in our genes and they do not

To me Cancun is a lot more diverse than Sao Paulo by a long shot

in Cancun you have white Americans, white Canadians, black Africans, Italians, French, English, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Venezuelans, Argentines, Brazilians, Colombians, Cubans, Dominicans, Jamaicans, Lebanese, Syrians, Jordanians, Saudi Arabs, Hondurans, Indians, Belizeans, Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, Mayans, etc

I will find you the article which states that Cancun is considered a mini Latin America due to its diverse Latin American population which is not found in where else in Latin America
    not to mention the Europeans, Canadians and Americans that have moved there, along with Asians and Africans
    On the other hand, Mexico City is not overly diverse relative to its enormous size, is it?

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

bump

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    Solutrean
    Country
    Monaco
    Region
    Lyon
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z367
    mtDNA
    H1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,440
    Given: 5,716

0 Not allowed!

From what I gather, ethnic minorities in Paris and other French cities are usually more in the outskirts, which is the opposite of what usually happens in UK and US cities.
    It's a bit more complex. Richer districts are more white inside Paris (16eme,5eme,...), direct surburbs are very ethnic, almost 100%, as well as some inner districts, 18eme for example and even East Asian Chinese in the 13eme. Then further away, in the close peri-urban, housing estates appear and becomes white again. Similar snail pattern in most big cities. So in a way it's both the opposite and the same than UK and US cities.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Petalpusher View Post
    It's a bit more complex. Richer districts are more white inside Paris (16eme,5eme,...), direct surburbs are very ethnic, almost 100%, as well as some inner districts, 18eme for example and even East Asian Chinese in the 13eme. Then further away, in the close peri-urban, housing estates appear and becomes white again. Similar snail pattern in most big cities. So in a way it's both the opposite and the same than UK and US cities.
    What about the other major cities like Lille, Strasbourg, Marseille and Toulouse?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    Solutrean
    Country
    Monaco
    Region
    Lyon
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z367
    mtDNA
    H1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,440
    Given: 5,716

0 Not allowed!

What about the other major cities like Lille, Strasbourg, Marseille and Toulouse?
    Similar, maybe not as structured. Marseille i would say is less white inside the city, though depends of the districts too. Generally the most ethnic is the north side of the city, the "Quartier Nord", i haven't live there but been around a lot when playing football. I did live however in Paris around 2010 and it was very clear, even going from one district to another or getting out of the "périphérique" (the main peripheral highway around Paris), it could change drastically from one exit to another.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information