Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: [Question for Slav people] - Your Opinion on E-V13 Slav?

Banned
    Last Online
    04-09-2021 @ 06:57 AM
    Ethnicity
    Southern European
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Leon
    Y-DNA
    R-L21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,904
    Given: 4,896

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    But those samples are from different timelines, Early Neolithic mostly.

I am talking about classical history, 6 century B.C onwards. Those Iberians were probably mostly R1b and yet didn't speak an IE language.
    Hmmmm, that would be unlikely for me, but you might know it better than i do.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,625

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by -Scar- View Post
    I also believe they were like those Early Pagan (I used to believe the opposite) samples that we have but we need actual samples to be sure. We have found E-V13 in a Visigoth as well as in Germanic invaded Italy, so Goths were not exactly Germanic-like either, I recall seeing a source that even some Dacians joined Goths. So there are chances that Slavs by the time they pushed south they were gradually joined by some other people given the nature of the those tribes.

Croats came in contact with a North Italian-like population however we have sample from Bronze Age Moldova and Hungary and they plot like modern Albanians so if a certain Slavic group had say absorbed 20-25% of this population before entering Thrace they might have plotted like Croats or Slovenes, but that's just a hypothesis.

Slavs that occupied Croatia were clearly Ukrainian-like, but it took Slavs much longer to arrive in South than in Croatia. But we need samples, I think they were at least a little bit different than Ukranians.
    Nice post, this I agree with.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,625

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Yes, they're slavs. Haplogroups don't matter imo. I'm autosomalist. Why would one identify with very tiny % of his ancestry instead of all of his ancestry?
    Using autosomal DNA slavophone Macedonians, Bulgarians and some northern Russian subgroups have less than 50% early Slavic ancestry. They are still ethnic Slavs in my view, they have large chunk of early Slav admixture and Slavic mother tongue.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Fiji
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,950
    Given: 12,168

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stearsolina View Post
    Using autosomal DNA slavophone Macedonians, Bulgarians and some northern Russian subgroups have less than 50% early Slavic ancestry.
    I think that makes many north macedonians happy

Not even a member
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Brunei
    Region
    Russian Turkestan General Governorship
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP270
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,588
    Given: 8,908

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Haplogroups don't matter imo. I'm autosomalist.
    That's why you don't put your predicted haplo in the profile?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Fiji
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,950
    Given: 12,168

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    That's why you don't put your predicted haplo in the profile?
    Yes and no. I was lazy to put it, but I also don't find it important, but I will add it now.

Last Online
    03-20-2022 @ 09:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    Gheg
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 322
    Given: 193

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by -Scar- View Post
    I also believe they were like those Early Pagan (I used to believe the opposite) samples that we have but we need actual samples to be sure. We have found E-V13 in a Visigoth as well as in Germanic invaded Italy, so Goths were not exactly Germanic-like either, I recall seeing a source that even some Dacians joined Goths. So there are chances that Slavs by the time they pushed south they were gradually joined by some other people given the nature of the those tribes.

Croats came in contact with a North Italian-like population however we have sample from Bronze Age Moldova and Hungary and they plot like modern Albanians so if a certain Slavic group had say absorbed 20-25% of this population before entering Thrace they might have plotted like Croats or Slovenes, but that's just a hypothesis.

Slavs that occupied Croatia were clearly Ukrainian-like, but it took Slavs much longer to arrive in South than in Croatia. But we need samples, I think they were at least a little bit different than Ukranians.
    Those Bronze Age Moldavians don't have any specific connections with modern Albanians, they plot with Greeks as well. Here is the distance on G25.

Distance to: Scythian_MDA

0.03201688 Greek_Thessaly
    0.03253205 Greek_Central_Macedonia
    0.03254791 Swiss_Italian
    0.03277420 Albanian
    0.03496374 Gagauz
    0.03544833 Italian_Piedmont
    0.03669691 Italian_Tuscany
    0.03769310 Bulgarian
    0.03863596 Italian_Umbria
    0.03959148 Italian_Marche
    0.04035102 Greek_Peloponnese
    0.04062661 Italian_Veneto
    0.04068848 Turkish_Deliorman
    0.04078422 Caballero
    0.04101997 Italian_Northeast
    0.04223547 Italian_Liguria
    0.04251849 Romanian
    0.04273128 Turkish_Rumeli
    0.04325492 Italian_Trentino-Alto-Adige
    0.04340328 Italian_Lombardy
    0.04340853 Italian_Molise
    0.04442831 Italian_Bergamo
    0.04468240 Greek_Izmir
    0.04520472 Macedonian
    0.04585924 Italian_Abruzzo

To be honest this kind of calculators have very simplistic algorithms to make any credible conclusions on the admixture of populations.

Just imagine how the horrible front-end code of vahaduo should be taken as gospel for the admixture percentages of populations.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:36 AM
    Ethnicity
    Colombian
    Country
    Colombia
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    U
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,022
    Given: 2,705

0 Not allowed!

I would not guess you a Leo. I see strong influence of analytic and detail oriented sign like Virgo, which is first sign after Leo so it's possible some planets like mercury or venus etc you have there, which is common occurence.
    My point is sun sign doesn't need to tell a lot about person. You can be Leo but have for example strong Scorpio influence (moon sign, ASC, 8th house accented) and act much more like later.

Most people are mix of various influences. My religion prohibits astrology and I'm aware of that, but my natal chart and especially planetary aspects are too accurate in my character description for me to ignore or think of as coincidence. I've read probably most serious book on this topic there is.

If you ever have interest in natal chart, send me your date and time of birth and I may take a look.
    How about me. I'm a Pisces sun, Aries moon.

Last Online
    04-16-2024 @ 09:57 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Baldic
    Ethnicity
    Bald
    Ancestry
    Bald individuals
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Texas
    Taxonomy
    Baldid
    Politics
    Pro-Baldness, Hair Loss
    Hero
    Charles the Bald
    Religion
    Ironically Calvinist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,038
    Given: 995

0 Not allowed!

Why anthrotards care so much about ydna? Most new world blacks and mestizos must be R1b

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,915
    Given: 7,434

1 Not allowed!

I would not guess you a Leo. I see strong influence of analytic and detail oriented sign like Virgo, which is first sign after Leo so it's possible some planets like mercury or venus etc you have there, which is common occurence.
    My point is sun sign doesn't need to tell a lot about person. You can be Leo but have for example strong Scorpio influence (moon sign, ASC, 8th house accented) and act much more like later.

Most people are mix of various influences. My religion prohibits astrology and I'm aware of that, but my natal chart and especially planetary aspects are too accurate in my character description for me to ignore or think of as coincidence. I've read probably most serious book on this topic there is.

If you ever have interest in natal chart, send me your date and time of birth and I may take a look.
    If you need to know one's DOB and time to give them an accurate reading, doesn't that make the whole thing about being Leo, Virgo, etc. pretty useless?

In my opinion, most of the descriptions are very general and apply to most people. I could just write up a set of characteristics that are super common (e.g. shy until you get to know people, having trouble staying motivated, overthinks a lot, etc.) and give it a specific date (like January 18). Then the person who was born on that day will think I'm an astrologist. You can watch James Randi debunking astrologists if you're interested. He basically has them pass a test to prove astrology is real and all of them fail.

But anyways, I don't have an issue with people that believe in it. It just looks like harmless fun. So I'm just curious what my reading says for the sake of it. I was born on July 28, 1996 at around 3:15 AM. I'm not 100% sure if it was exactly 3:15, maybe it's off by 2 minutes, but I don't think it would change the reading. If it does, oh well.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread Information