Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do some people hate Amerindians? What's wrong with being Native Americans?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-28-2024 @ 11:44 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Proto-Mammalian
    Ethnicity
    Therapsid
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,348
    Given: 369

2 Not allowed!

Default Why do some people hate Amerindians? What's wrong with being Native Americans?

I am a new user but I have lurking on this website for sometime and one thing that shocks me about theapricity is the relative amount of hate there is for people of pure or strong Amerindian heritage or phenotype. I see this hate from both non-latin american users and latin American users (even users who have Amerindian admixture)? Although my background is completely removed from the 'new' world, from a very young age I grew on up on documentaries and movies that revolves around Pre-Colombian Americas, particularly Meso-america and the various Andean cultures that sprang up from the bronze age onward. What originally got me interested in Native American culture was the origin of 'PaleoIndian', particullary after watching the BBC series 'The Wild New World' in my primary school days. People seem on this site seem to think that Amerindian are some tribal 'jungle' people like the Niger-congo bantu speakers of west Africans. That is the opinion of some White Nationalist like John Derbyshire who lumps Amerinds, West Africans and New world blacks as Sun people, and East Asians and Europeans (including Meds) as "Ice people". This could not be further from the truth. The ancestors of Amerindians had balls of steel for daring to travel across what across the coldest regions of the planet at the height of the ICE AGES! That alone confers my respect! Not only did they travel in the frigid lands of the Yenisei valley, the Anadyr and Beringia but thrived in such a hostile environment for tens of thousand of years (pre-beringia standstill period) at a time when human existence was a struggle in Eurasia.

I mean look at the population replacements that occurred in Europe during that period of hardship; first you had Oase-1 around 45,000 who a genetic dead end, then came Early West Eurasian hunter gatherers coming into Europe from Western Russian, with a split in Early West Eurasians resulting in two hunter Gatherer Clades around 40,000-35,000 kya:
    -the Kostenki-Sunghir (KS) clade
    -the Common west Eurasian clade

KS clade was the Ancestors of a Predominantly West Eurasian Siberian group called ANE (malta boy) and Common Western Eurasian clade is probably ancestral to Villabruna WHG and the Near UHG in Dzuzuana/Post Glacial Near Easterners (PGNE).

The Common west Eurasians then began to mix with the KS clade around 30,000 kya to form a genetically distinct Hunter gatherer population called the Vestonice cluster. This Vestonice population was responsible for the blooming the gravattian culture in Ice age Europe but they could not survive increasingly harsh condition of the last glacial maximum around 25,000-20,000 and were subsequently replacement by another genetically distinct Paleo-Europeans population called the Magdelanian and the Solutreans (who were also a KS-clade+Common West Eurasian mix but in different ratio compared to the Vestonice/Gravettians). But even the Magdelanians could not last long in the changing environment of the Epi-Palaeolithic and were subsequently replaced by the Mesolithic WHG (except in mixed form in Iberia). What makes Mesolithic Hunter gatherers different from Palaeolithic gatherers is that there was a replacement of the KS-clade+Common West Eurasian mix (Vestonice/Magdelanian/Solutreans) by a Mesolithic population called the Villabruna cluster (WHG) which is almost 90% Common West Eurasian. WHG (Cheddar man's people) is probably 90% Common west Eurasian and 10% ANE. Why did the Common West Eurasians out compete the Vestonice? I have no idea, since they are both Hunter gatherers. Probably Hunting strategy or ANE-related technology such as pressure point technology. In-stark contrast to Ice age Europe, North East Siberia/Beringia did not face so much subsequent replacements like in Europe. Amerindians are the direct decedent of the Ancient-Paleosiberian like populations that inferred from the Kolyma aDNA samples (AP-1). So Proto-Amerindians had faced the adverse conditions that even many Paleo-Europeans could not manage (despite the milder conditions of Ice Age Europe compared to Eastern Siberia).
    Attachment 93356

Attachment 93357

Attachment 93358

I mean just image surviving in this harsh conditions for over 10,000 years! Amerinds probably had selected for up-regulation of EDAR 370A varient alleles (prevents male pattern baldness) to help survive in the cold environment. Hence why it is rare to see a balding pure Native.

Attachment 93359

Another reason why I see no reason to hate being Native American or having Amerindian admixture is the impressive history they have. Europeans had the geographic advantage of being located in the 'Old world'. The proximity of Europe to the Middle East is today seen as a curse and a source of headache due to mass migration of MENA, Central Asians and SSA populations into Europe. But in context of history, Europe geographic proximity to the Near East facillitaed the diffusion of technologies such as Agriculture (from Barin_N Anatolian), Domesticated animals from the Zagros/Mesopotamia region (hence time to develop immunity), Proper Metallurgy, Linear Writing (Phoenicians/Sinaitic Egyptian), Wheels from Maykops to Pontic Caspian Steppes to help develop chariots, the introduction of the non-megalithic true standing stone buildings, boat sails, books/papyrus, and even the term 'Europa'. None of these inventions had roots in Europe proper, and had Europe been more distant from the rest Eurasia, life in the continent would probably not be different from the WHG days. It not surprising that the regions of Europe are home to the continent's earliest signs of the high culture (Cyprus, Greece, Med Islands, and later Italy and Iberia) and the parts Europe furthest way from the near east developed material culture later in the middle ages or even early modern Era (e.g. Baltic region, northern Fennoscandia etc). Being an Extension of Eurasia, also facilitated to the introduction of guns, gunpowder, rockets, grenades, the magnetic compass, paper, the horse's stirrup and chain drives to Europe from East Asia via the silk road or the Mongol Invasions. Despite being isolated from the Old world/Eurasia and facing far more geographic barrier for cross diffusion trade, Amerindians manage to develop agricultural communities by 8,000 BP that produced 60% of all modern day crops we see today and they managed to independent urban polities contemporary to Sumer (see 2,600 BC supe caral).
    Attachment 93364Attachment 93365
    Despite the stereotypes of Native Amerindians having no wheel before 1493, we have know for a long time that Mesoamerican communities have developed wheels in sites such as Teotihuacan and the various Maya polities
    Attachment 93366
    Metallurgy also had a deep roots in the history of the Americas
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metall...umbian_America
    Attachment 93369Attachment 93367Attachment 93368Attachment 93370
    A magnificent burial find in South America!

Amerinds developed writing independently and they even paper production independent (see epi-olmec/maya Script and bark paper Manuscripts)
    Attachment 93362Attachment 93363

Amerinds were also capable of complex abstract thinking that led the independent development of mathematics and astronomy. They event converged with the old world/Eurasians in the development of vigesimal placements (Olmec-Maya/Babylonians), Zero (Maya/Indians) and even the magnetic compass (Olmec/shang dynasty china). They had high accurate calendar systems that help record the movement celestial objects in a precise manner.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhWItvjk9Yg
    Attachment 93371

I remember coming back from a trip in Mexico last, how amazed I was at the structure build by the Olmecs, maya, Teotihuacan, toltecs and the Aztecs. It was really interesting talking to ethnic maya guides about their history in the Americas and it was definitely not something I would ashamed of.

Attachment 93372
    Attachment 93373

However, looking at many past threads on this forum, so many users try to downplay the Native Heritage of their countries and be more 'white' (a very subjective term). Which is fine, after all this is a Europe centric forum, but I also see so many anti-Amerindians users that seem to act irrational, and it those people that the main target subject of this thread. What is wrong with being an Amerindian? They are human after all. Is their genetics? Amerindians are just a mixture an old crown West Eurasian population called Ancient North Eurasians and a ENA/East Asian population that migrated north. Around 25,000-15,000 kya, this ANE population then Mixed with North East Asians to form Ancestral Native Americans (ANA) and Ancient Paleo-Siberians called by Geneticist as AP-1 who are now extinct. Many population have retained distant genetic ties to Amerids such as Kolyaks, Itelmen and Kets. Finno-uragic population have very high ANE after these Paleo-Siberian group, and so certain turkic populations. Are they lesser people in the eyes of anti-Native TA posters. Remember that all Eastern and Northern Europeans have ANE (though at a lower level) admixture too so they too have distant ties to Amerindians. Also the Proto-Indo Europeans have even Higher affinity to Native Americans compared present day population outside the Anadyr region.

Last Online
    Today @ 04:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Zoomer
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,300
    Given: 9,873

2 Not allowed!

I don't hate them, i love Winnetou.

I have mastered chakra and can also do romjutsu
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 06:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Southasian Hunter-Gatherer
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,183
    Given: 58,957

2 Not allowed!

I think most europeans like them, some new worlders hate them though especially in canada with the first nations and in brasil but not as much native north americans in the USA. Overall they have less hate then gypsies or blacks though.
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    then you must be some kind of wizzard who has lightning in his eyes - Balkanforum user Cobra about Mortimer
    Only a Sinti and Roma who has gained the power of the wheel can do it. - In conversation with the Balkanforum user Axer

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Ancestry
    Castilla (Spain) , Middle eastern (Levant) Azteca Mčxico
    Country
    Great Britain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,497
    Given: 5,081

1 Not allowed!

I have amerindian admixture and in real life i don't hate them that would be stupid. But unfortunately we live in a century where beauty standards are mainly based in Caucasian features and amerindians lack graciled features.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-30-2020 @ 09:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Mutt
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Region
    Catalunya
    Politics
    Right Wing Nationalism
    Hero
    Augusto Pinochet
    Religion
    Catholic
    Relationship Status
    InfamousAngel99´s husband
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 837
    Given: 258

1 Not allowed!

Well, I think that amerindians here have serious cultural problems since are one of the poorest people of the country and they didn't achieve nothing unlike the great Aztec Empire and Tawantinsuyu. Its increible that amerindians here dont pay taxes, have cultural autonomy (that means that they can get married with young amerindian girls etc) and still so poor. So european blood have a good effect here and even amerindians could take advantage of that(social security and all the stuff thanks to white businessmen that are tax payers and employ sources). But yes, amerindians are underrated, at least those of Aztec Empire and Tawantinsuyu which had great civilizations and would be Coruscant or so if they learned the gospel instead got vanished. I wonder that Peru and Bolivia rebuilt Tawantinsuyu some day.
    Last edited by CostaRicaBall; 12-04-2019 at 02:31 AM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Proto-Mammalian
    Ethnicity
    Therapsid
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzuh View Post
    I have amerindian admixture and in real life i don't hate them that would be stupid. But unfortunately we live in a century where beauty standards are mainly based in Caucasian features and amerindians lack graciled features.
    I live in a heavily Asian neighbourhood (uni town lots of Koreans and Chinese) and their beauty standards seem to be rubbing off on me lol. From their beauty standard, the stereotypical gracile European feature seems very horsey (an korean guy I know called it the rat face look) and some aspects of west Eurasian looks is off putting for some Asians, e.g. excess body and facial hair. Some them told me that they can't stand the smell of under arm body smell or heavy deodorant (Asians and Native lack the gene for armpit smell). So you see, it is all subjective. So who knows, with the rise Asia (K-pops etc), the beauty standard of the future could be verrry different from the present one we have. But I understand that it all different situation in post colonial societies

Banned
    Last Online
    01-03-2024 @ 12:23 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Kosher-monger
    Ethnicity
    Errthang but the bagel
    Ancestry
    Hexadecaroon—sheltered goon—Cameroon baboon
    Country
    Colombia
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Y-DNA
    R-M153
    mtDNA
    A2
    Politics
    Mop the floor hide the wet sign just to catch you slippin'
    Hero
    Pillsbury Doughboy
    Religion
    Uncircumcised
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 706
    Given: 447

0 Not allowed!

Off-white dilemma-ridden indo-Mestizos and balanced mestizos —namely Mexicans, Peruvians, Chileans, Ecuadorians— are the cohorts who loathe their Injun-stained genotype the most, I've heard Mexicans using the word "indio" as an ironic and pejorative word to imply someone is hideous, has bad taste or acts foolish

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Proto-Mammalian
    Ethnicity
    Therapsid
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    I think most europeans like them, some new worlders hate them though especially in canada with the first nations and in brasil but not as much native north americans in the USA. Overall they have less hate then gypsies or blacks though.
    Pretty stupid considering that it those 'Canadians' that real foreign element and not first nations folk. I also heard in that in Western Canada, cop use to drop Native teens in the middle of nowhere during the winter nights in the 2000s. The cops called starlight tours. Pretty sick if you think about.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Proto-Mammalian
    Ethnicity
    Therapsid
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    I don't hate them, i love Winnetou.
    Winnetou is a German creation . He was strangely one of hitler fav functional characters. No wounder he considered Plains Indians of the North as 'Hononary Aryans' (like the Japanese).

Last Online
    01-05-2024 @ 11:13 AM
    Ethnicity
    CUCARACHA
    Country
    Liechtenstein
    Taxonomy
    CUCARACHA
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,395
    Given: 890

1 Not allowed!

Blacks and blacks admixed are much more hated, they are at the bottom of the caste system.

Even amerindians despreciate them. In Mexico, having a bad behavour (sometimes violent) is called "negrear".

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information