Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,840
    Given: 2,076

1 Not allowed!

Default Classify Finnish girl

Her surname ends in "-nen" and comes from Eastern Finland. Finnish surnames that end in "-nen" are usually Eastern Finnish.

She is an example of my theory that people with bigger cheekbones also tend to have higher canthal tilt, because the cheekbones push the outer corners of the eyes further up (https://i.ibb.co/N72Ptys/cheekbone-morphs.gif).

She also demonstrates the phenomenon that people with a bigger facial skeleton also tend to have larger teeth. Unless there are gaps between the teeth or the teeth are crowded, the teeth are normally the size that they fill the dental arches, so the size of the teeth depends on the size of the dental arches, which depends on the size of the facial skeleton. Out of blacks, East Asians, and whites, blacks have both the biggest teeth and the biggest facial skeletons.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-03-2023 @ 07:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian, Danube Swabian
    Ancestry
    Bavaria, Upper Austria, Switzerland, Hungary
    Country
    Hungary
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,055
    Given: 2,636

1 Not allowed!

East Baltid

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Finnmark
    Politics
    None
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,589
    Given: 462

1 Not allowed!

Savolaxid. Prognathic face and oblique eyes, according to what Lundman said.

Last Online
    08-06-2021 @ 08:58 PM
    Ethnicity
    Kazakh
    Country
    Kazakhstan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 367
    Given: 11

0 Not allowed!

Eyes shape is similar to Buryat guy I created a thread about. Don't agree that "the cheekbones push the outer corners of the eyes further up". I've seen Mongolians with big cheek bones without that feature and I saw narrow faced Sibirids who had that feature.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Finnmark
    Politics
    None
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

According to Lundman, Savolaxids do not have a fully Mongoloid eyeshape but slightly oblique eyes. If they're fully Mongoloid, there must be an Uralid/Asiatic extra input.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-17-2021 @ 07:07 AM
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Östsvensk View Post
    Savolaxid. Prognathic face and oblique eyes, according to what Lundman said.
    Where did Lundman mention prognathism in connection with Savolaxids or East Baltids?

SNPA's summary of Nordens rastyper does say that East Baltids have "brant profil" ("steep profile"?). I guess it refers to facial angle.

3. Östbaltiska rasen (även kallad den finska rasen) har åtminstone två typer:

a) tavasttypen, under svensk medellängd (c. 170 cm.) undersätsig särskilt bredaxlad och grov med korta ben och medellånga armar. Huvudet kort (BLI c. 82-83) och högt (HLI c. 76) med platt nacke, f. ö. stort brett och knotigt (A I c. 85). Stort fyrkantigt något platt ansikte med brant profil, hög bred panna samt bred vinklig och plump föga framskjutande haka. Nedtill bred men ofta spetsig uppnäsa. Håret grågult rätt strävt och ögonen gråblacka, glanslösa, ögonspringan smal, men ej sned. Ögonbrynen tunna och skäggväxten svag. Grov, grågulaktig hy, svagt utvecklad örläpp. Utbredning: V. Finland, V. Estland och ehuru sällsyntare väster ut till Elbe.

b) Savolaxtypen. [2] Rätt småvuxen (c. 166 cm.), huvudet svagt kortskalligt (BLI c. 81-82) men dess mer högt (HLI c. 77) (A I 80-85); ansiktet brett men ej stort; näsan kort och bred, mindre spetsig än hos föregående. Mest blond, fast håret väl ofta går i något mörkare cendré än hos föregående typ. Utbredning: öster om föregående inåt Ryssland, och söder ut mot Karpaterna.

Last Online
    08-06-2021 @ 08:58 PM
    Ethnicity
    Kazakh
    Country
    Kazakhstan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 367
    Given: 11

0 Not allowed!

Chinese actress Lucy Lui also has that angle where her outer eyes are upwards.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-17-2021 @ 07:07 AM
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by mutabor View Post
    Eyes shape is similar to Buryat guy I created a thread about.
    He's real cute too.

Quote Originally Posted by mutabor View Post
    Don't agree that "the cheekbones push the outer corners of the eyes further up". I've seen Mongolians with big cheek bones without that feature and I saw narrow faced Sibirids who had that feature.
    Did you look at the gif file I linked to? In the case of all 15 pairs of morphs, the morph of the persons who I selected as having the highest (or most prominent or biggest) cheekbones also ended up having higher canthal tilt than the morph of the persons who I selected as having the lowest (or least prominent or smallest) cheekbones.

Even if you use something like the bloat tool of the liquify filter in Photoshop to make the cheeks bigger, it also causes the eyes to be more slanted inwards:

Similarly if you use the pucker tool to make the cheeks smaller, it reduces canthal tilt:

Last edited by Ymyyakhtakh; 12-05-2019 at 11:16 AM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Finnmark
    Politics
    None
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ymyyakhtakh View Post
    Where did Lundman mention prognathism in connection with Savolaxids or East Baltids?

SNPA's summary of Nordens rastyper does say that East Baltids have "brant profil" ("steep profile"?). I guess it refers to facial angle.

3. Östbaltiska rasen (även kallad den finska rasen) har åtminstone två typer:

a) tavasttypen, under svensk medellängd (c. 170 cm.) undersätsig särskilt bredaxlad och grov med korta ben och medellånga armar. Huvudet kort (BLI c. 82-83) och högt (HLI c. 76) med platt nacke, f. ö. stort brett och knotigt (A I c. 85). Stort fyrkantigt något platt ansikte med brant profil, hög bred panna samt bred vinklig och plump föga framskjutande haka. Nedtill bred men ofta spetsig uppnäsa. Håret grågult rätt strävt och ögonen gråblacka, glanslösa, ögonspringan smal, men ej sned. Ögonbrynen tunna och skäggväxten svag. Grov, grågulaktig hy, svagt utvecklad örläpp. Utbredning: V. Finland, V. Estland och ehuru sällsyntare väster ut till Elbe.

b) Savolaxtypen. [2] Rätt småvuxen (c. 166 cm.), huvudet svagt kortskalligt (BLI c. 81-82) men dess mer högt (HLI c. 77) (A I 80-85); ansiktet brett men ej stort; näsan kort och bred, mindre spetsig än hos föregående. Mest blond, fast håret väl ofta går i något mörkare cendré än hos föregående typ. Utbredning: öster om föregående inåt Ryssland, och söder ut mot Karpaterna.
    You are quoting from his book Nordens rastyper (1940). He describes that in his previous book Jordens folkstammar och människoraser (1939) on pp. 132.

b) short skulls
    1) Taurids (T), large, very high-skulled (HLI c. 78-80!) With flat neck, as well as large hook nose and curly hair, long face, although the face width is quite variable. Sub-types: Dinarins: very large; in the Caucasus a similar, Mtebin (georg mtebi = mountain country) is underrated; Armenian: medium height with strong fleshy nose: Carpathians (rel. late mixed?) lower height.
    2) nose smaller, often concave (except for the aforementioned Pamirida breed in Pamir: not on the map).
    a) blonde, of medium length: East Baltic (Ö) with two sub-races of Savolaxins (lower body height, small, slightly projecting face, slightly oblique eyes) and Tavastins (higher body height, large, rectangular face, horizontal eyes).
    b) dark and very small (southern) "Lappids" (L) (varins; of Lapska wares = mountains) with us and the related, not quite distinctive Gorins in Poland (of Polish gora = mountains).

In its original Swedish, the word is "prognat".

Banned
    Last Online
    04-17-2020 @ 07:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    Vatican City
    Taxonomy
    Paleo-Atlantid from Plovdiv
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,096
    Given: 4,116