British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,041
    Given: 43,524

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lawspeaker View Post
    Then I am sure you agree with the complete privatisation of all care for the handicapped and the end of the NHS ? Those don't run a profit either. Maybe Britain should go back to using the workhouse ? While Mogg, Farage, Johnson and the other toffs take their money to tax havens...
    Indeed. And quoting Jim Davidson in a political discussion is a sign that someone has a weak argument - he may have been a funny comedian and TV presenter, but that is where his talents stop.

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,549
    Given: 27,895

0 Not allowed!

Then I am sure you agree with the complete privatisation of all care for the handicapped and the end of the NHS ? Those don't run a profit either. Maybe Britain should go back to using the workhouse ? While Mogg, Farage, Johnson and the other toffs take their money to tax havens...
    Private healthcare can be from as little as £4 per week: https://www.healthinsurancequote.co....yAAEgL0VfD_BwE

I don't smoke nor drink, but I think if you add up the amount people pay for their cigarettes each month or how much they spend on things such as video games .... they could have private healthcare insurance instead. Encouraging self-discipline is important for empowering people in life (so they have a warrior mentality rather than a victim mentality,) and it's great that England has one of the lowest smoking rates in Europe and the drinking rate falls each year too.

I don't think the prices for medications should ever be as high as the prices in the U.S. (that's a rip-off and daylight robbery.)
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 01-11-2020 at 01:59 AM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,728
    Given: 61,129

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    Private healthcare can be from as little as £4 per week: https://www.healthinsurancequote.co....yAAEgL0VfD_BwE

I don't smoke nor drink, but I think if you add up the amount people pay for their cigarettes each month.... they could have private healthcare insurance instead.
    It starts at £4 because there is an NHS. But when the NHS is gone - you'll pay £400 a month with a £250 deductible and not everything is covered. And in 2030, you pay £1000 a month and holding your baby costs you £50.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

One of my friend's said she once stayed in the exclusive Priory clinic, (a private hospital in London that often treats celebrities and supermodels who have mental breakdowns, stress, depression, addiction problems, and other private patients with mental problems.)

She said the treatment service was similar there to NHS hospitals - except the rooms and food was more luxurious in the expensive Priory.

She said the staff at The Priory were quick to give her the tranquilliser medications she wanted, and they kept her inside the place for quite a while, (each night she stayed sick they were making more profits.)

After several months inside the place with little progress, she said she felt extremely annoyed that her mother was paying a lot of money to them for her stay, and she felt they were milking money out of her mother. She said she would never use private hospitals again as a result.

NHS hospitals tend to treat the urgent patients first and release them from hospitals a.s.a.p. due to bed shortages.

They're reluctant to give out medications (sleeping pills, painkillers, etc,) unless people really do medically need the free prescription drugs.

The U.S. consumes 80% of the world's painkillers and they even advertise prescription pills on TV in the U.S.

I think regulations and healthcare cover that is reasonably affordable for most people is a good idea (with regulation caps/limits on the prices to prevent greedy companies from excessively overcharging unwell people).... along with NHS hospitals for those who can't afford a weekly or monthly fee. Either way the money for healthcare funding has to come from somewhere. Higher taxes to fund free healthcare for everyone - or lower taxes and the option for people to fund their own healthcare.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 01-11-2020 at 11:25 AM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Which drives up prices. Actually: doctors are paid to prescribe as much as possible. It's a triangular game between big pharma (who sells as much as possible), doctors (who gets paid by big pharma, their patients AND the insurers) and the insurers who use all prescriptions to drive up their prices.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Which drives up prices. Actually: doctors are paid to prescribe as much as possible. It's a triangular game between big pharma (who sells as much as possible), doctors (who gets paid by big pharma, their patients AND the insurers) and the insurers who use all prescriptions to drive up their prices.
    Yes, one of my fears with private healthcare is that companies can get greedy with the prices... because healthcare is a necessity and essential in life so companies could take advantage of fleecing their patients. There should be caps on the prices to prevent being excessively charged.

The U.S. has a serious problem with the amount of pills prescribed to paying patients.

I think it's best we have a national service to regulate things better and prevent the pitfalls and traps of private fee-paying services. The NHS has its downside too with long waiting lists - although urgent patients are given priority in being treated first.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 01-11-2020 at 11:26 AM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Yes, one of my fears with private healthcare is that they can get greedy with the prices... because healthcare is a necessity and essental in life. There should be caps on the prices to prevent this. But then there's the risks of being kept in hospital and sick for as long as possible so they can make more money.

The U.S. has a serious problem with the amount of pills prescribed to paying patients.

I think it's best we have a national service to regulate things better and prevent the pitfalls and traps of private fee-paying services. The NHS has its downside too with long waiting lists.
    These waiting lists are only because successive governments refuse to invest in it. New Labour and the Conservatives made this happen. Deliberately.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

These waiting lists are only because successive governments refuse to invest in it. New Labour and the Conservatives made this happen. Deliberately.
    What do you think about the healthcare systems in Japan, Australia, Denmark, France, and Canada?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 01:26 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,041
    Given: 43,524

2 Not allowed!

What do you think about the healthcare systems in Japan, Australia, Denmark, France, and Canada?
    All are fairer and more accessible than the American system, that's for sure.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

I don't think there should be an opt-out. Personally, I quite like the idea of mixing and matching: I believe in a national insurance like in Japan and in maximum prices (but not too strictly enforced because the Japanese really squeeze it) and in having a system of private doctors and hospitals combined with French-style rest periods (including sending long-term patients for recovery to places along the coast - like sending them to Southern France). From the French model, I would also adopt freedom in choosing your medication: in France even the most experimental medications are reimbursed. Plus, I would combine it with the Dutch idea that long-term sick or handicapped people can select their own caregivers which are then paid for by the government. But I would cut out the middleman -those "bureaus" and "agencies" that have caregivers work for them and then "lease" them to you. I view then as corrupt. I think it should be much more 1-1 and personal.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread Information