PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
How To Deal With Fanatic Parents? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How To Deal With Fanatic Parents?

Last Online
    01-30-2024 @ 12:44 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    White
    Ethnicity
    Roma
    Ancestry
    Mustalainen/Finnish Gypsie
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Roma
    Taxonomy
    East-Baltid+Gracile Indid
    Hero
    Mortimer
    Relationship Status
    I am single girls
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,722
    Given: 2,806

1 Not allowed!

If i where you i would i would leave the parents. I am not in the same siutation as you but i still wanna move out

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Athlete
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Politics
    Would not call myself pro-semitic
    Hero
    Jozef Tiso
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,875
    Given: 16,891

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
    It's indeed common, but it doesn't mean that every single case is like that. It is a dishonest to dispute him from the beginning, as you actually don't know what's really going on. Is it possible that this is just a childish complaint over nothing? Sure, but the honest position is to give him a benefit of the doubt. Otherwise, there's absolutely no point in replying.

Generally speaking, stuff like this happens, and the abuse doesn't begin at the point of things getting physical. You don't just give anyone's parents a free pass to do whatever, just because they provide shelter and food - that's just making excuses. Of course, most of the time, when children are complaining about their parents' behavior, it's unjustified. But unless every single case is like that, you're just arguing against a made up straw man, even though you'd be right in case of most families. I hope you realize this yourself, if you want to retain integrity.
    I dont know the entire situation, and you neither. jet I can jab him and make him either clarify more specifically or self reflect, its not my character to react to every complaint with empathy and understanding, reading enough that doesnt deserve it.

So for me directly react with empathy and understanding is similarry fake and weird, like you understand my reaction.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Athlete
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Politics
    Would not call myself pro-semitic
    Hero
    Jozef Tiso
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,875
    Given: 16,891

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jolsonaro View Post
    To begin, Like Aldaris said, you don't even know me personally and don't understand the situation of the deturpated Christian culture from my country, there are literally like one or two different church( as well as temples of other religions) at every street and what the vast majority of they want surely is just money.
    It is not like the organized Christianity of Europe( Just Catholicsm, Orthodoxy and few Protestant churches), there are tons of weird neo-pentecostal cults.
    My father is a preacher, he and my mom have lost much of their precious money with inutlle church business... Do you think it is good for them?
    You probably didn't even read the OP... My sister is living alone for years and they still are doing the same psychological torture with her.
    They do that since we were very young, they controled and still control us all the time.
    what i said in the OP is very simplified, i would need days to put my story here.
    My problem is not directly with them anyways, i am very grateful for their helping and taking care of me but it doesn't justify what they are doing.
    To help some wanting something back is not trully goodness, specially when it is about religion, and even worse religious fanatism. To end or at least diminish their fanatism is a thing that is good to them, specially for them. Christians cannot see reality but you understand because you re one. One day you will understand, it is XXi centrury, fortunately.
    Like the others said, the best idea would be lefting their house, however they would still want to doctrinate and control me like they do with my sister.
    I have to heal my mind of all this doctrination and would like to heal their's as well, maybe in the future, because i Love them.
    Hope some day you will find the path of reality as well.
    I read it and all I see is a underlining critique to Religion and you just Specified on it.

If you think your mental health problems will improve with hedonism,atheism and distrust of your parents, you will make your situation worse.

"Its the current year" is a retarded argument, the current year provides societies that degenerate on plenty fields.

If you are really an Adult and not just claim to be, you can escape their influences, keep making excuses doesnt get you anywhere.

Andid999
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 01:56 AM
    Ethnicity
    Uruguayan
    Ancestry
    56% North Italy, 12% Spain, 12% Basque, 12% Lebanon, 6% France, 1% Native American
    Country
    Uruguay
    Y-DNA
    R1b-U152
    mtDNA
    H1e
    Taxonomy
    Alpine med
    Politics
    Centre-left
    Religion
    Agnostic - culturally Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,068
    Given: 6,410

1 Not allowed!

Your parents are currently lost in their fanatism, so don’t put your life in their hands because they are unable to help you. Instead, take actions into your own hands. What can you do? If you have universal healthcare star there. Check ONGs that help people with emotional and/or mental problems, I know there are online help too. Once you are better you can spend your energy into trying to open your parents eyes.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-04-2021 @ 06:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Brazil
    Politics
    -
    Hero
    pulstar
    Religion
    -
    Relationship Status
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,957
    Given: 57,209

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
    I read it and all I see is a underlining critique to Religion and you just Specified on it.

If you think your mental health problems will improve with hedonism,atheism and distrust of your parents, you will make your situation worse.

"Its the current year" is a retarded argument, the current year provides societies that degenerate on plenty fields.

If you are really an Adult and not just claim to be, you can escape their influences, keep making excuses doesnt get you anywhere.
    Ok, bro, i will continue the thread when i have more time.
    It is nice to see you unbanned, anyways.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-12-2020 @ 09:25 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    numidian
    Ethnicity
    north african
    Country
    Chechnya
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 505
    Given: 1,410

2 Not allowed!

Maybe it has nothing to do with religion they can use religion because of their sickness otherwise why would you all suffer from the same pathologies ?
    They belittle you because they feel bad or probably because they had abusive parents
    You have to stay patient and certainly not leave your job because they will be more on your back
    You should also talk to them about your feelings

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 07:21 AM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,273
    Given: 8,187

1 Not allowed!

I dont know the entire situation, and you neither. jet I can jab him and make him either clarify more specifically or self reflect, its not my character to react to every complaint with empathy and understanding, reading enough that doesnt deserve it.

So for me directly react with empathy and understanding is similarry fake and weird, like you understand my reaction.
    I don’t and I don’t claim to. That’s why I didn’t discard the possibility that this is just a childish complaint earlier. But the standard is not to completely twist it without giving any reason, even though it’s probably a bit one-sided and exaggerated. Anyway, continue with not approaching any complaint with empathy and understanding. Some complaints are just deserve to be mocked. But don’t do the opposite either.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Brazil
    Politics
    -
    Hero
    pulstar
    Religion
    -
    Relationship Status
    -
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Your comments on this thread are mostly ad hominen, strawman and off-topic. specially in your fist comment,
    You just assumed that i am complaining over nothing and disfocused. You clearly don't want to help, so there is no point to argue with you.
    The need here is to find an effective way to talk with them, with good arguments and such, Aldaris fist comment was the closest to it, i think.
    But i agree that maybe i am being too egoist but religion certainly is not the answer. Religion blinds people, disunites many families, i know it, the mine is not the only one.
    I still like them and want them to live that dark path, even if i have to live alone.
    Enough with the off-topic, now.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Brazil
    Politics
    -
    Hero
    pulstar
    Religion
    -
    Relationship Status
    -
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Just the fact that you deffends muslim shows how out how you have no idea how to deal with things, yet you want to be the overmoralist here. Crazy people defends crazy people.
    Hope you were trolling with that idea.
    I rarely use ad hominen but if you insist, i can do it too, sure.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,478
    Given: 5,059

2 Not allowed!

Sorry, to hear that Jolso. As an adult always keep in consideration that your parents' path, is not necessarily the one you forcibly have to follow, there's always a way.
    Hopefully things can get better for you.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information