PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
How To Deal With Fanatic Parents? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How To Deal With Fanatic Parents?

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,303
    Given: 8,227

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
    Maybe you are the failure, but you think your parents are the problem, you spoiled brat.

They put food on your table, work for you, pay the bills, respect them and try to please them.
    Maybe, maybe not. You don't know heck about his situation. Such stuff can get pretty complex and can't be shrugged off in this simple manner of 'they take care of you, thus they're perfect'. If anything, you're the spoiled brat in here, thinking everything's that easy. I had it kinda easy aswell, but I was never that naive.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Athlete
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Politics
    Would not call myself pro-semitic
    Hero
    Jozef Tiso
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,888
    Given: 16,895

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. You don't know heck about his situation. Such stuff can get pretty complex and can't be shrugged off in this simple manner of 'they take care of you, thus they're perfect'. If anything, you're the spoiled brat in here, thinking everything's that easy. I had it kinda easy aswell, but I was never that naive.
    I know plenty of people complain over non issues just in order to complain. There are parents that leave their children behind or physically abuse them.

Jolsonaro is a adult, a adult complaining about their parents but same time lives with them, is something I cant take serious.

And I stay by it, aslong they provide shelter and food and do not physically abuse their kids, parents should be respected, they are the reason we were born anyway.

Everyone had problems and disrespected their parents, only honest individuals reflect on this behaviour and apologize.

Im not retarded enough to share personal stories here, but if your parents reached a certain age its the most sincere thing you can do by dont let your ego give them a bad time, once they gone you might realize too late that the problems you thought were so big, were no problems at all.

. . .
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:16 PM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenized barbarian
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    direct democracy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,449
    Given: 31,622

1 Not allowed!

living with parents past adolescence must be tough. I was lucky to live alone since I was 17 and still in highschool. otherwise I remember everyday fights when I lived with parents (those last years). it's impossible to live with my mom, she's histrionic. as a teenager you can get very easily on a wrong path, socially or emotionally - just toughen up, work, save money, make a longer-term plan to get financially independent (at least for subsistence away from home - for most of us it's subsistence all the way anyway) and work on it.

if you cannot afford to live alone and they give you a bad feeling when they're around and they cannot help you/won't talk your family's issues with you, just limit the time you spend with them. it's not easy for anyone, I work around the clock to pay mortgage bills etc, some days I barely see my kid. life's a struggle. then, work brings money, as little as it does, but it's money - I've worked different things and didn't enjoy most of it, but work is work.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:16 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Oghuz Turkic and Medes Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Azeri Turk
    Ancestry
    Qizilbash Turkic
    Country
    European Union
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,429
    Given: 2,719

2 Not allowed!

You work and get your own place, find partner etc. Your parents home is your fathers unit, you create your own and leave their problems to them.

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,303
    Given: 8,227

1 Not allowed!

I know plenty of people complain over non issues just in order to complain. There are parents that leave their children behind or physically abuse them.

Jolsonaro is a adult, a adult complaining about their parents but same time lives with them, is something I cant take serious.

And I stay by it, aslong they provide shelter and food and do not physically abuse their kids, parents should be respected, they are the reason we were born anyway.

Everyone had problems and disrespected their parents, only honest individuals reflect on this behaviour and apologize.

Im not retarded enough to share personal stories here, but if your parents reached a certain age its the most sincere thing you can do by dont let your ego give them a bad time, once they gone you might realize too late that the problems you thought were so big, were no problems at all.
    It's indeed common, but it doesn't mean that every single case is like that. It is a dishonest to dispute him from the beginning, as you actually don't know what's really going on. Is it possible that this is just a childish complaint over nothing? Sure, but the honest position is to give him a benefit of the doubt. Otherwise, there's absolutely no point in replying.

Generally speaking, stuff like this happens, and the abuse doesn't begin at the point of things getting physical. You don't just give anyone's parents a free pass to do whatever, just because they provide shelter and food - that's just making excuses. Of course, most of the time, when children are complaining about their parents' behavior, it's unjustified. But unless every single case is like that, you're just arguing against a made up straw man, even though you'd be right in case of most families. I hope you realize this yourself, if you want to retain integrity.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-04-2021 @ 06:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Brazil
    Politics
    -
    Hero
    pulstar
    Religion
    -
    Relationship Status
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,957
    Given: 57,209

0 Not allowed!

Maybe you are the failure, but you think your parents are the problem, you spoiled brat.

They put food on your table, work for you, pay the bills, respect them and try to please them.
    To begin, Like Aldaris said, you don't even know me personally and don't understand the situation of the deturpated Christian culture from my country, there are literally like one or two different church( as well as temples of other religions) at every street and what the vast majority of they want surely is just money.
    It is not like the organized Christianity of Europe( Just Catholicsm, Orthodoxy and few Protestant churches), there are tons of weird neo-pentecostal cults.
    My father is a preacher, he and my mom have lost much of their precious money with inutlle church business... Do you think it is good for them?
    You probably didn't even read the OP... My sister is living alone for years and they still are doing the same psychological torture with her.
    They do that since we were very young, they controled and still control us all the time.
    what i said in the OP is very simplified, i would need days to put my story here.
    My problem is not directly with them anyways, i am very grateful for their helping and taking care of me but it doesn't justify what they are doing.
    To help some wanting something back is not trully goodness, specially when it is about religion, and even worse religious fanatism. To end or at least diminish their fanatism is a thing that is good to them, specially for them. Christians cannot see reality but you understand because you re one. One day you will understand, it is XXi centrury, fortunately.
    Like the others said, the best idea would be lefting their house, however they would still want to doctrinate and control me like they do with my sister.
    I have to heal my mind of all this doctrination and would like to heal their's as well, maybe in the future, because i Love them.
    Hope some day you will find the path of reality as well.
    Last edited by Joso; 12-11-2019 at 02:04 PM.

Last Online
    10-02-2023 @ 01:10 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-european
    Ethnicity
    Hunter gatherer
    Country
    Norway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 484
    Given: 301

1 Not allowed!

enlist in the army

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-20-2024 @ 09:00 AM
    Ethnicity
    ᖭི༏ᖫྀ
    Ancestry
    Med
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,629
    Given: 10,189

1 Not allowed!

In what way can they control you if you leave?
    Whatever they ask just reply with one word answer and be firm, "no" is a complete sentence, you don't have to justify anything. also put them on an information diet they don't have to know what goes on in your life in such detail.
    You can love them while being in control to protect yourself , this way your relationship with them will improve. Nothing good will come out of "respecting" them and ignoring the problem.
    Last edited by Ylla; 12-11-2019 at 02:10 PM.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:25 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18,477
    Given: 13,190

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jolsonaro View Post
    My father is a preacher, he and my mom have lost much of their precious money with inutlle church business... Do you think it is good for them?
    Do they belong to this cult?

Banned
    Last Online
    08-04-2021 @ 06:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Brazil
    Politics
    -
    Hero
    pulstar
    Religion
    -
    Relationship Status
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,957
    Given: 57,209

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Incal View Post
    Do they belong to this cult?

No, that cult in this image is the Universal, the one they follow is a bit less extreme, at least.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information