-+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,246
    Given: 1,444

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lawspeaker View Post
    Worked out bloody marvellous for him, no ?
    Well as the ancient philosophers would say moderation in all things is key to a balanced life I did not catch AIDs but he did because he was like a bipolar maniac with hookers.

Malarxist-Bidenist
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-03-2022 @ 06:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Northwestern European-American
    Ancestry
    Great Britain (early 17th c.), Ireland (19th c.), Elsaß Germany (19th c.)
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Illinois
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Atlantic
    Politics
    Wählt Sozialdemokratisch! 🌹
    Hero
    Aldous Huxley
    Religion
    Hindu - Shakta (शाक्तं)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,782
    Given: 5,353

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007 View Post
    Well as the ancient philosophers would say moderation in all things is key to a balanced life I did not catch AIDs but he did because he was like a bipolar maniac with hookers.
    I have a non-normative sexuality so it's almost impossible for me to catch HIV in the first place.

Only butthurted clowns minuses my posts. -- Лиссиы

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Pigling, you are overthinking this losing your virginity as man is not the samething as a woman. Jerking off is a cheap McDonald's hamburger and banging a prostitute is a a better more expensive T-Bone steak.

Malarxist-Bidenist
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-03-2022 @ 06:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Northwestern European-American
    Ancestry
    Great Britain (early 17th c.), Ireland (19th c.), Elsaß Germany (19th c.)
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Illinois
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Atlantic
    Politics
    Wählt Sozialdemokratisch! 🌹
    Hero
    Aldous Huxley
    Religion
    Hindu - Shakta (शाक्तं)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,782
    Given: 5,353

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007 View Post
    Pigling, you are overthinking this losing your virginity as man is not the samething as a woman. Jerking off is a cheap McDonald's hamburger and banging a prostitute is a a better more expensive T-Bone steak.
    Not to mention in the 19th century, in many places in the US, patronizing pros was considered entirely normal.

I encourage everyone to read this. It was the definitive book on the subject for a long time: William_Sanger_History_of_Prostitution.

Only butthurted clowns minuses my posts. -- Лиссиы

Puto el que lee Jacques de Imbelloni's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    argentino
    Ethnicity
    rosarino
    Country
    Bhutan
    Region
    Valencia
    Taxonomy
    Homo sapiens sapiens
    Politics
    Pragmatism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,401
    Given: 2,646

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Óttar View Post
    Not to mention in the 19th century, in many places in the US, patronizing pros was considered entirely normal.

I encourage everyone to read this. It was the definitive book on the subject for a long time: William_Sanger_History_of_Prostitution.

kratz

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Óttar View Post
    Well, I don't know about that, but visiting a sex-worker per se is not necessarily unhealthy.

Grace says prostitutes don't want to be there. I think many workers also don't want to be at their jobs either, but work is never treated the same way as sex-work. The sex-workers that I've hired have all had a pleasant time at my place. They are just normal people.
    Agree in that sex workers. I noticed in the anglosphere all this prostitution talk is linked to street workers and drug dealers. Meanwhile, in Spanish speaking countries. This is generally seen as more or less normal. I remember my aunt talking about me going to see prostitutes, it was hilarious. Nobody cared that much. However, I noticed different cultures have different ways of seeing things. For instance, in my community doing drugs was heavily frowned up while in a liberal American household is seen as "Ok." I think their dislike of prostitution comes from allowing men access to sexual abundance which otherwise they would be deprived of. And instead, they were forced to settle down with an average girl to get sex.

Puto el que lee Jacques de Imbelloni's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    argentino
    Ethnicity
    rosarino
    Country
    Bhutan
    Region
    Valencia
    Taxonomy
    Homo sapiens sapiens
    Politics
    Pragmatism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,401
    Given: 2,646

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by kratz View Post
    Agree in that sex workers. I noticed in the anglosphere all this prostitution talk is linked to street workers and drug dealers. Meanwhile, in Spanish speaking countries. This is generally seen as more or less normal. I remember my aunt talking about me going to see prostitutes, it was hilarious. Nobody cared that much. However, I noticed different cultures have different ways of seeing things. For instance, in my community doing drugs was heavily frowned up while in a liberal American household is seen as "Ok." I think their dislike of prostitution comes from allowing men access to sexual abundance which otherwise they would be deprived of. And instead, they were forced to settle down with an average girl to get sex.
    In latin america there is a lot of sex trafic and sex slavery also, its not that simple.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Banned
    Last Online
    04-27-2020 @ 10:49 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Celtic, Italic, Iberian
    Ethnicity
    Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid + Paleoantlantid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 283
    Given: 45

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    That's a strange way for a man to look at women who are just doing the same as he is. I'm not going to give my opinion on the morality or not of one night stands but it is very different than paying prostitutes for sex. Two adults having consensual sex vs paying a woman who is selling her body as a commodity and who will not be enjoying the encounter is a very different scenario. I just don't understand the double standards.

Many women involved in prostitution have a lot of issues and I don't think anyone would enjoy being a prostitute. I can't really see the connection to people having one night stands when it is a willing choice between both parties. As a woman I'm just perplexed why men think it is okey dokey for them to have sex whenever they want but for women it means they are sluts or as you said "prostitutes". What about the men?

My comments above do not mean I advocate or agree with one night stands but I get angry about the hypocrisy of men. In some societies they control women and in others they condemn them for doing what men have been doing since Adam. Societies had different opinions on women and sex at different times. I think the fact that women have children was a factor in the past and also men wanted to make sure that children were their own. It would be interesting for people to think why there is such double standards on this topic. Religion was a factor in the recent past and still in some societies today on what was acceptable and what was not. Western society now is going into a post-religion stage and of course there is contraception so people's values around sex have changed.

It would require some maturity to be able to look at subjects like this in a nuanced way and make comments that are thought provoking. People are products of their upbringing and prejudices. Still we can think for ourselves despite what our backgrounds are. Personally I think society now is over sexualised. There is a lot of gratuitous sex on all programs. I wonder what it does to young minds?

Anyway a bit OT but for the OP I don't think you need to go to a prostitute. I think it debases both parties and is a bit sordid because it makes sex a commodity. Ideally sex with a loved one is much more healthy and satisfying so I agree and think that is best. Different people will of course have different opinions on the topic and that is the great thing about living in societies where we can express our opinions freely.

I think Atlantid is trolling but my opinion is an honest one so possibly people can give genuine answers although this forum is not usually the place for that.
    No, I meant every word.

A double standard would imply that men and women are the same which is not true, so there is no double standard, only the lie that there are no differences between the sexes. There is one truth that is important to state and that's that men grow from adversity while women get irreparably damaged by the same pressures. Women that have one night stands are already damaged beyond repair, and I suppose some men would get damaged by it as well, the frailer type of man.

But, if you're a strong man, with a strong mentality and understanding, you only get stronger and wiser because the stress isn't overwhelming, it's just information about the world. Women are much more sensitive and can't learn in this manner.

Last Online
    07-19-2020 @ 09:10 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Human
    Ethnicity
    Jedi
    Country
    Bosnia
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 599
    Given: 586

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Insuperable View Post
    Huge psychological damage done to a man because of one night stand experience.
    It's just my subjective feeling.

For normal neurotypical males that have reasonable decent odds to easily find a partner is not problem, but for those like us it's completely different.

I know that many people have problems like me and they feel lost like I felt for years before I didn't get to know I'm high functioning autist and what is core cause of majority issues in live, such as bullying during childhood/teenage period, social isolation, later on all those verbal conflicts where people who didn't understand my condition called me spoiled, lazy, oversensitive, coward, even insulted my family by saying it's their mistake that made me like this.

That's the reason I talk about my condition to maybe help someone.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information