Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50

Thread: The United Kingdom Will Dissolve in Our Lifetimes

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:52 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Proto-Mammalian
    Ethnicity
    Therapsid
    Country
    England
    Gender
    Posts
    722
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 371/7
    Given: 73/0

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    There are already changes i.e. Northern Ireland staying in a Custom's Union while the rest of the UK isn't. Scots are going to be wanting something similar although it can't happen for them if they remain part of the UK. Northern Ireland is getting special status because of the past Troubles and the Good Friday Agreement. I think Brexit is just the start and I'm flummoxed that people voted for Brexit because I don't really see any advantages but the opposite. I can't really see how things are going to stabilise and really the Genie is out of the bottle as far as Scotland goes. They will just keep having Referendums and eventually they will vote for leaving the UK.

    As I've said already NI is going to have a different status than the rest of the UK so it's already happening. I see these things as once on that threadmill things just start moving forward.
    Urm how do you know that? Sturgeon's referendum is actually less popular now than before (first it was 45% now its 35% for Independence). Also, you cannot bank on the stability of the EU, esp. when the demographics of the most two most stable and economically dominant powers, France and Germany, changes esp. France. The visegrad/V4 nations are ready disgruntled by the legal and migration policies of the EU.

  2. #22
    Veteran Member FinalFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:26 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenic
    Ethnicity
    Armenoid Apache Helicopter
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Posts
    4,383
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3,125/87
    Given: 1,898/79

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Don't kid yourself. Never gonna happen, at least in our lifetime.

  3. #23
    Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    Grace O'Malley's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Posts
    10,039
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 11,118/61
    Given: 12,007/18

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synapsid View Post
    Urm how do you know that? Sturgeon's referendum is actually less popular now than before (first it was 45% now its 35% for Independence). Also, you cannot bank on the stability of the EU, esp. when the demographics of the most two most stable and economically dominant powers, France and Germany, changes esp. France. The visegrad/V4 nations are ready disgruntled by the legal and migration policies of the EU.
    EU is not going to break up as most people realise there is strength in pooling resources and having free trade with your closest neighbours. It also gives all these countries more clout being part of the large block like the EU. What's not great about being able to move to another country in Europe if you wish? Scotland wants to remain in the EU. They voted to remain in the UK because they were told before that if they became independent they would be out of the EU. Well now they will be out of the EU anyway so it seems obvious that Scots are going to be looking at leaving the UK so that they get back in the EU. What are the benefits for them staying in the UK with the instability of Brexit? Brexit is just going to make the UK weaker not stronger because they will be on their own and have to negotiate all their Trade Agreements with more powerful countries like the US and China on their own. It's not going to be easy negotiating these agreements and it will take years. They will now not have the same access to EU markets that they had. Being out of the EU just makes the UK a less attractive place for investment. So in short this is not going to help the UK economy.

    The thing with the Scots is that they can have Referendums every 5 years or so and eventually they will have the numbers. Brexit just makes things more uncertain and very much increases the possibility of the UK breaking up. People would have to be blind not to acknowledge this as a very real possibility. Already NI is going to be different as it will be in the CU while the rest of the UK will not. Pretty obvious that there are big changes happening with Brexit just being the start.

    The Morrigan (also Mrrigan or Morrigu) is one of the most mysterious figures in Irish mythology.
    The name Morrigan means 'phantom queen' (or 'great queen') and describes a Goddess from old Ireland that was very associated with war, destiny, fate and death.
    She was a shape-shifter and frequently appeared as a black crow, an ominous sign for those who saw her prior to battle. Legend has it that the Morrigan was in fact a triad of sisters, often named as Badb, Macha and Nemain, while the Morrigan is also remembered as the triad of the land Goddesses riu, Banba and Fdla.


    http://www.ireland-information.com/i...sh-legend.html

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:52 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Proto-Mammalian
    Ethnicity
    Therapsid
    Country
    England
    Gender
    Posts
    722
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 371/7
    Given: 73/0

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    EU is not going to break up as most people realise there is strength in pooling resources and having free trade with your closest neighbours. It also gives all these countries more clout being part of the large block like the EU. What's not great about being able to move to another country in Europe if you wish? Scotland wants to remain in the EU. They voted to remain in the UK because they were told before that if they became independent they would be out of the EU. Well now they will be out of the EU anyway so it seems obvious that Scots are going to be looking at leaving the UK so that they get back in the EU. What are the benefits for them staying in the UK with the instability of Brexit? Brexit is just going to make the UK weaker not stronger because they will be on their own and have to negotiate all their Trade Agreements with more powerful countries like the US and China on their own. It's not going to be easy negotiating these agreements and it will take years. They will now not have the same access to EU markets that they had. Being out of the EU just makes the UK a less attractive place for investment. So in short this is not going to help the UK economy.

    The thing with the Scots is that they can have Referendums every 5 years or so and eventually they will have the numbers. Brexit just makes things more uncertain and very much increases the possibility of the UK breaking up. People would have to be blind not to acknowledge this as a very real possibility. Already NI is going to be different as it will be in the CU while the rest of the UK will not. Pretty obvious that there are big changes happening with Brexit just being the start.
    They will lose out on UK subsidies that they dependent for their social benefits and privileges that we in England don't even get such as free proscription, free tuition fees for universities etc. And before you state that the EU would be a viable substitute for those subsides, you have to remember that Scotland does the complex industrial or financial capacities that London has to sustain a trade deficit with continental nation like Germany. Also,. for the past 40 years, England acted as a buffer for mass migration in the UK. If Scotland goes,m they would have to comply with EU migration quotas that would overwhelms the nation.

  5. #25
    Veteran Member Mopi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:28 PM
    Location
    chester
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iberian, Celtic, Germanic
    Ethnicity
    caucasian
    Ancestry
    Northern England, SE Ireland, Northern Ireland, Castilla Spain
    Country
    England
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a
    mtDNA
    H6A1B
    Age
    45
    Gender
    Posts
    1,513
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,301/44
    Given: 2,026/33

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Im scouse not english btw
    fuck england

    https://twitter.com/Aidan63499469/st...86844983250944

  6. #26
    Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    Grace O'Malley's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Posts
    10,039
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 11,118/61
    Given: 12,007/18

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synapsid View Post
    They will lose out on UK subsidies that they dependent for their social benefits and privileges that we in England don't even get such as free proscription, free tuition fees for universities etc. And before you state that the EU would be a viable substitute for those subsides, you have to remember that Scotland does the complex industrial or financial capacities that London has to sustain a trade deficit with continental nation like Germany. Also,. for the past 40 years, England acted as a buffer for mass migration in the UK. If Scotland goes,m they would have to comply with EU migration quotas that would overwhelms the nation.
    The Scots will have to weigh it all up. I don't know why they couldn't be a success in the EU like other small countries. Anyway things in the UK are changing and who knows if England can maintain their GDP and if the economy will improve or not. There are a lot of uncertainties and it is a huge jump for the UK to leave the EU. What markets can you see replacing the EU for the UK?

    Scots really have to decide what they want for their future. I'm sure a lot of Unionists in NI don't appreciate it but they are really fortunate to stay in the Custom's Union and also remain a part of the UK. It will be interesting to see how this all works out.

    The Morrigan (also Mrrigan or Morrigu) is one of the most mysterious figures in Irish mythology.
    The name Morrigan means 'phantom queen' (or 'great queen') and describes a Goddess from old Ireland that was very associated with war, destiny, fate and death.
    She was a shape-shifter and frequently appeared as a black crow, an ominous sign for those who saw her prior to battle. Legend has it that the Morrigan was in fact a triad of sisters, often named as Badb, Macha and Nemain, while the Morrigan is also remembered as the triad of the land Goddesses riu, Banba and Fdla.


    http://www.ireland-information.com/i...sh-legend.html

  7. #27
    Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    Grace O'Malley's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Posts
    10,039
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 11,118/61
    Given: 12,007/18

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mopi View Post
    Im scouse not english btw
    fuck england

    https://twitter.com/Aidan63499469/st...86844983250944
    Boris has said some outlandish things.

    The Morrigan (also Mrrigan or Morrigu) is one of the most mysterious figures in Irish mythology.
    The name Morrigan means 'phantom queen' (or 'great queen') and describes a Goddess from old Ireland that was very associated with war, destiny, fate and death.
    She was a shape-shifter and frequently appeared as a black crow, an ominous sign for those who saw her prior to battle. Legend has it that the Morrigan was in fact a triad of sisters, often named as Badb, Macha and Nemain, while the Morrigan is also remembered as the triad of the land Goddesses riu, Banba and Fdla.


    http://www.ireland-information.com/i...sh-legend.html

  8. #28
    Veteran Member Mopi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:28 PM
    Location
    chester
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iberian, Celtic, Germanic
    Ethnicity
    caucasian
    Ancestry
    Northern England, SE Ireland, Northern Ireland, Castilla Spain
    Country
    England
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a
    mtDNA
    H6A1B
    Age
    45
    Gender
    Posts
    1,513
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,301/44
    Given: 2,026/33

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    Boris has said some outlandish things.
    he's an upper class idiot, of the type english society doff their hats to


  9. #29
    Veteran Member Creoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:35 PM
    Ethnicity
    Hiberno-Anglian
    Ancestry
    English & Irish Midlands
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    R1b-M222
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Politics
    Anglospherical
    Gender
    Posts
    3,646
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3,486/51
    Given: 1,317/92

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Nope. More chance of Yugoslavia reforming.

    For it to fully dissolve Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and England would have to break away. Without Scotland it would still be called the United Kingdom (of England, Wales and Northern Ireland). England and Wales alone would be a more coherent country and many would prefer it.

    Even Scotland is unlikely to break away at this stage, 2014 was their best shot.

  10. #30
    Veteran Member Dna8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Last Online
    01-05-2020 @ 10:47 AM
    Ethnicity
    05.01.20: I'm taking a break to work on my Southern Shift
    Country
    North-Korea
    Taxonomy
    Me: DinaroMed, Pompey: AtlantoMed
    Politics
    Dravidian Nationalist
    Hero
    Mr. G
    Gender
    Posts
    16,847
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14,529/96
    Given: 13,053/1

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synapsid View Post
    What would England status as world power be if the UK dissolves?
    I don't think so.


    Quote Originally Posted by Creoda View Post
    More chance of Yugoslavia reforming.
    Cruel of you to tantalize me so.
    If you see a post in red font made by my username, that means that it is Pompey's post, not mine.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 121
    Last Post: 01-23-2020, 09:21 PM
  2. Replies: 67
    Last Post: 01-11-2020, 07:55 PM
  3. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-10-2018, 12:55 AM
  4. Spain vs United Kingdom in the war who would win?
    By Ruggery in forum Current Affairs & Ideas
    Replies: 164
    Last Post: 09-20-2018, 01:27 AM
  5. The Challenges of a Dis-United Kingdom
    By Beorn in forum Ethno-Cultural Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-14-2009, 05:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •